PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > 400 Days
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Original

KiNG FrostY v4's Gamercard
Thoughts?

Downloading this now as I type but for the moment I'm going job hunting. I'll update this post on my thought's of this. Been pretty damn excited for it!

Tell us your thought's on it? Does it bridge the gap between the two Seasons? Was there that little something at the end of a person's chapter? Anything surprised you?

UPDATE

There were quite a few surprises in this one, I managed to gather all the achievement's through just one playthrough. (Although I think it's scripted like that) I was definitely surprised by the re-united achievement. I thought that we was gonna see Lilly when the truck was coming down the road. I definitely knew that I'd been here before. I didn't exactly *Notice* who I was re-united with til the achievement popped up.

I brought back to the Camp: Glenn, Wyatt and Bonnie. Definitely can't wait for Season Two now! TellTale have done, yet again, (and no surprise) an excellent job!

Last edited by Original; 07-06-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
When I saw "you know who" when Russell hid in the grass. I enjoyed that.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I loved this DLC, just finished, and going back doing a couple of missions with other options for giggles, not done that in the other ones but this one was great. Each section is very very short compared to the other Episodes, but none the less, the short story approach was perfect, all characters were interesting, and I loved the chemistry with Wyatt and his pal. All in all a bargain for 400msp, telltale delivered

Not read much into these 400 days things, but will there be more? I am wondering if 400 days is the end for TWD? or will it go to 1000gs? with 4 more episodes?

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
It was awesome, didnīt enjoy is as much as season 1 - long great story, but it was nice how it all got "together" at the end, canīt wait to hopefully meet those guys in season 2.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymanu1 View Post
When I saw "you know who" when Russell hid in the grass. I enjoyed that.
i think i know who it was but i don't want to post it as it will spoil it.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Pederz

wolverine2608's Gamercard
I enjoyed it, loved the 'OMG' moments i got from choices. Didn't notice too much tieing in with the rest of Season 1 though besides Russell and Shel's stories. Had to play through twice to try and get everyone at the end, first time i lost Vince, second time i thought i'd lose Wyatt because of different events but it turned around.

Can't wait for Season 2
Pederz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pederz View Post
I enjoyed it, loved the 'OMG' moments i got from choices. Didn't notice too much tieing in with the rest of Season 1 though besides Russell and Shel's stories. Had to play through twice to try and get everyone at the end, first time i lost Vince, second time i thought i'd lose Wyatt because of different events but it turned around.

Can't wait for Season 2
i don't think you have to get all of them to go do you?

only one that never went with the group was russell for me and he isn't much of a loss imo.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Sadly, Vince and Russell didnīt go with the rest of the group, I wonīt be playing this second time but I hope that it doesnīt mean that something bad will happen to those two in Season 2 if we will meet them or something, especially Vince - I kinda like that character.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I thought they did a good job telling each persons individual story during each mini-episode. However, it didn't really seem like they addressed my issue with the original campaign, which is that no matter what you did or who you sided with, the outcome was pretty much the same (hence, the illusion of "choice").

In the original game, everyone who died in the story died anyways regardless of any decision you made throughout the game, and in this DLC:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Again, it didn't seem like any decision you made prior to the epilogue mattered. The only real thing that changed was who stayed and who left.

I'm hoping that this will actually have a large impact come Season 2, but being the skeptical person that I am, I feel like it'll be just like when we thought Episode 5 of the original campaign was going to offer this huge payoff for all our choices prior to that, but ultimately felt like a bit of a letdown. I mean, what is going to happen to the people who bought season 2 of TWD, but didn't buy this DLC?

I also felt like this DLC was a bit short, and that they could have done a bit more to better tell the story of each character by making each mini-episode longer, as I felt like we barely know any of them.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!

Last edited by Rapture639; 07-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Who was lying in the bush? Couldn't remember that face.

The new episode was really short. Really disappointing for that price.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Who was lying in the bush? Couldn't remember that face.
Depending on who you saved in the very first episode, it was either Doug or Carly.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed it, but I felt it was way too short. But it looks like TT are going to come out with more DLC to branch or close off this DLC. I'd give it an 8/10 (would've given it a 9/10 if only if was longer)

When you start playing Russell's storyline, I thought Russell was...

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
lukeather

LukeyHew's Gamercard
I am not a fan of this DLC at all. Don't get me wrong, i love every other episode. This one just feels very week, my main problem is that we spend 1 episode split between 5 characters which does not give us much time to get to know them or for our decisions to make much difference and pay of. Personally my main problem was that i couldn't not find any particularly likeable characters.

On a side note; the Rock, Paper, Scissors achievement is bulls**t.
lukeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #14
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
While they couldn't match the emotional heights of episode 5, I thought it was one of the most well done of any episodes.

Most of the new characters were immediately more likable than most of the the S1 characters.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #15
Pederz

wolverine2608's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
i don't think you have to get all of them to go do you?

only one that never went with the group was russell for me and he isn't much of a loss imo.
Its just a completionist thing for me i guess, i missed the Russell story achieve so decided to go back and make some different choices which resulted in everyone going at the end. Pretty sure the choices you make during the stories affects how the epilogue plays out with you only getting one shot with Tavia to convince unsure parties to come. I remember one being offering safety and one helping find missing loved ones, not sure what other one's there were but Russell wanted to look for his gran and Wyatt wanted to find his friend so picking the find loved one's option convinced them my 2nd time through. My 1st time Vince didn't seem to have much to say at all about the situation so not sure how i would've got him to go without picking a different option for convincing and possibly losing Russell instead, Wyatt wanted to look for Eddy the 1st time without having to convince him
Pederz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I enjoyed it but overall it felt a bit rushed and I liked season one more. My favorite moment was when Russell saw Carley/Doug. I immediately hated Nate though for the kind of shit he was doing/saying to Russell.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I enjoyed it. What city are they in? Not sure if I missed that.

160 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
Unless the next season ends up adding more achievements and bumping this off my completed list, I'm not sticking around for Season 2. The whole bit where you're hiding and accidentally kill someone really set it off for me: I reloaded, tried not attacking, and lo and behold...they kill me?

Lee and Clementine's stories were great, I'm satisfied with that. But between the hallway choices and Poker Night 2's hassle, I'm not really up for another Telltale Games jaunt.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #19
gratchimodo

Grouchymosla's Gamercard
I really enjoyed it. It was a bit short but it had some interesting stories. I'm curious to see how it will tie in, if at all, with season 2.

What happened at the end of Bonnie's chapter was brutal...that one is probably going to stick in my mind for awhile.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I enjoyed it but overall it felt a bit rushed and I liked season one more. My favorite moment was when Russell saw Carley/Doug. I immediately hated Nate though for the kind of shit he was doing/saying to Russell.
What, you didn't think that chick was a 9? You have high standards man...

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
Really enjoyed it. It did a good job of making me care for the characters in such a short space of time. Can't wait for season 2.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
I might have to go through it again, but I was a bit disappointed by this DLC, it wasn't as emotional as the first season!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
As others have said this episode lacked the emotions of the first 5. It's impossible to do with such short stories for each character but I would have preferred a longer dlc to get in to it more.

A good episode, not a great one. Still looking forward to series 2 though. Just hope they get tugging on those heart strings again.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #24
gt rep

disappointed bonnies story was terrible too short. expected way more
gt rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #25
Andre16182

Andre16182's Gamercard
I thought that this DLC was marvelous. It would've been nice had it been a bit longer so that I could've gotten to know the protagonists a bit more prior to season 2, but I guess that's what season 2 is for. Either way, I'm super stoked for season 2.

Avatar & Signature Created By ESYLD

Last edited by Andre16182; 07-24-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Andre16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
While it was nice to get back into TWD, it seemed pretty short and incomplete. I don't know what I did wrong but only one survior went to the settlement.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #27
HaloMonkey

HaloMonkey3009's Gamercard
It seemed shorter than the other episodes but it was still good and we got to know the characters ready for season 2. Which I am very excited for, by the way.
HaloMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #28
TheRedKing

HI MEME's Gamercard
liked the intro to the characters. Liked how the diner tied in to the chapters. Naturally wanted more.
TheRedKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #29
CroutonCrusader

CroutonCrusader's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Just finished 400 Days. Overall, it was better than I expected. Some really suspenseful scenes and Wyatt's story had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I think it's worth purchasing -- especially if you've played through the other episodes and you're craving more.

Really hope Telltale continues releasing The Walking Dead episodes.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #30
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Didn't like this one couldn't get vince to go with group to the shelter tried twice oh well. Short and poor how did they find each other in s1 we find group found mark through dialogue.

The ending was cliff hanger but bad one like ac. Expected way more. Least I got 600 and 100% in s1 now and have s2. Atleast devs need to continue 400 days somehow so we can like the characters more see what happened to them and their friends. I liked Eddie why did he shoot some guy. Why did stepahnie try to steal our supplies and leave why how and what was in the bag dee took why were shels old group shooting at bonnie leland and dee. What happened to crazy guy from Russell and wyatts chapter. So many UN answered questions. Again disappointing

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 12-29-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote