Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #31
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Honestly, I'm not a huge completionist, but the one tip I can give you to keep motivated would be to play another game if you aren't up to it with a particular game. You could also just take a break from Xbox if you don't want to play any games for completion (obviously).

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #32
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle View Post
Honestly, I'm not a huge completionist, but the one tip I can give you to keep motivated would be to play another game if you aren't up to it with a particular game. You could also just take a break from Xbox if you don't want to play any games for completion (obviously).
That's why I've been on my PC most lately.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #33
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
I avoid starting other games until I've either completed the game or I've decided to shelf it. If it's just grinding that needs to be done, then that takes the ginding slot in my game rotation.
This is pretty much how I do it. I usually only play one Single Player game at a time. But if I have a small amount of content left in a game, I will rotate it in every couple of days.

For example: My main game right now is BioShock Infinite. That'll be my main game for however long it takes to complete fully. Then, Dishonored and Red Dead are in my rotation of games to clean up since I still have one DLC in Dishonored, and MP DLC in RDR.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #34
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Play stuff you like, also keep a good rotation of one game your working on getting 100% and 1 or 2 other games your playing for fun to break up the boredom of playing games you dont like a ton but still play.

Thanks to Magixman for the sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #35
MEGAMAN12345

MEGAMAN2509's Gamercard
I find that it helps to keep a rotation of about 3 games that I am trying to complete, as well as 1 to play just for fun

Looking to boost achievements in: Gotham City Imposters, Castle Crashers, Aegis Wing, Duke Nukem 3D
Gamertag: MEGAMAN2509
MEGAMAN12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #36
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If the game is fun then that's my motivation.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #37
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
It all depends for me. If it's a fun game then that's pretty obvious. If it's somewhat boring and time consuming I'll play several games at a time and come back to it eventually. Here lately though I've haven't been playing that much and I'm playing games that keep my interest.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
I honestly didn't think any part of The Saboteur was a grind. I was having fun from the moment I put the disk in for the first time till the last Nazi I blew up.
Now if we're talking about a game like Binary Domain or Kingdom Under Fire: Circle Of Doom, then those would most definitely go into my definition of a grind.
Binary Domain was tedious at best. Especially the terrible dialogue

Saboteur: I was too until after I beat the main story, after that lots of games lose my interest. Though doing the freeplay all before hand it was getting tedious too, just so many. Went around Saarbruken afterward since it had the fewest and by the time I'd taken them all out I was kinda braindead. Blowing shit up, does get old, who knew?

Think I was just cramming too much in at once. Pulled it out of my trade in pile last night back into my playing pile and will crack at a few here and there to keep it going.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #39
Dragon Master

Kevin X Dragon's Gamercard
I stay motivated by looking at my achievement list. When I look at my list I am remained how much work, time and money I put in to get all those games completed, and if I give up now all that effort was for nothing.

22 Completion: 18 Retail 4 Arcade
Goal: 50 Completion
Dragon Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #40
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
You know that is a great question, me personally I guess i'm just a passionate gamer who loves to play games. That why I love achievements. It adds another whole dynamic to the game rather than just beating the game. Achievements ask you to do thing that you would probably never even think about doing. Like in Left 4 Dead 2 "Gnome Chompski" Achievement was hilarious, it gave another reason to play through the dark carnival campaign. Plus it leads to things such and trying to carry the Gnome on expert xD. So I guess in order for me to be motivated to 100% a game I do have to at least like the game a bit more that a normal game. But yeah thats just my thoughts on the whole motivation and achievements thing.
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #41
Azraelx

Azraelx1979ad's Gamercard
Everything boils down to the single player campaign for me. I don't have the time to invest in online deathmatches, so if a story was really good, or the gameplay was decent, that dictates how far I'm willing to go with a game.

The Halo series on Legendary is a perfect example of this. Ridiculously difficult, yet endlessly entertaining. I'd much rather play through story mode a thousand times, than spend an entire hour in an online team deathmatch session.
Azraelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #42
Vampire Amaya

Vampire Amaya's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I honestly don't know how anyone can motivate themselves to play something they don't like just to get achievements..
Personally, I won't play anything unless I like it, and if I do happen to lose interest halfway through, I'll just stop playing it until I want to play it again. That is, if I ever do want to play it again.

Vampire Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #43
Cayusez

cayusez's Gamercard
If im going to stop i stop at a part where i will want to pick up from. ie....not stuck on some boss
Cayusez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #44
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
I play a few games in a month and I try too finish the story first. After I've done that I take a look on my missed achievements and I try too earn them. If I don't like them anymore I put them on the shelf and play an other game untill I don't like that anymore. Then I can go back on the game I put earlier on the shelf.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #45
mehatt

mehatt's Gamercard
I usually have at least 2-3 games going at a time that I shuffle through(ie: ACII, Fallout 3, Skyrim). There's no order in which I play, I just grab which one I'm in the mood for. Repeat that process and you never not have something to play.
mehatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #46
n0rrmaN

n0rrmaN's Gamercard
I don't think you should make it a bad experience; If you don't feel like playing the game, then play something else, and when you feel like continuing, then do so.
That's pretty much how I've done with all games I've ever completed.
n0rrmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
VirtualShakey

Send a message via MSN to VirtualShakey

VirtualShakey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Red bull/Relentless, chocolate/sweets, crisps, and a comfy chair keeps me motivated

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
VirtualShakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #48
Myth of Demons

Myth of Demons's Gamercard
I've always just checked the achievement list to see if there are any ones I need to have in mind as I complete (things like choose option X, Y number of times) then done everything in the game that compelled me. Then, looking back on the game, if I enjoyed it to a degree greater than the remaining achievements seem annoying, I go back and complete it. Personally, I wouldn't go back and go for completion just for completion's sake. I mean, it took me forever to get "Pt" on the original prototype, but I love that game and I loved the challenge it presented. I'd never go back and try to max unreal tournament or something though. The game was fun to play for a while, but too much work to max
Myth of Demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #49
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
I don't, that's the thing.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
Spazaz Man

Spazaz Man's Gamercard
If I ever need to keep myself motivated to finish the game, then i don't think I'm playing it for the right reasons. My first goal when playing a game is to have fun, and the second is the achievements...so if i'm not enjoying a game i most of the time will not finish it...unless it's like SUPER easy achievements...

Want a sig? Request one in my Gallery
"All great men have mustaches!" - Rod Kimble
Spazaz Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #51
Andre16182

Andre16182's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
My motivation is that I want to get the most out of my money when I purchase a game. In most cases, unlocking all of the achievemnents usually means you've experienced everything the game has to offer, so when I unlock all of them, I feel like my money was well spent.

I also don't like it when I have achievements left to unlock on my profile, so it motivates me to go and achieve them.

Another reason of motivation:

Xbox 360 Achievement Sound - YouTube
This. I couldn't have said it any better even if I tried. I keep myself motivated by wanting to get the most out of the money that was spent on whatever game it is that I'm playing. Typically when you've unlock all the achievements in a game it usually means that you've experienced all there is that a game has to offer. So, when you've unlocked all the achievements in a game, your money has been well spent.

Avatar & Signature Created By Rajeanero
Andre16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #52
MasterBubs82

MasterBubs's Gamercard
I just enjoy games on XBox360 because they're fun to play and/or they have a good story. That's my motivation for playing any of them. To me, the achievements are just a bonus for playing what was already great. Though I admit sometimes I'm a completionist myself, but I keep that in check because it can get a bit crazy for me sometimes.
MasterBubs82 is offline   Reply With Quote