PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Would you prefer individual or team format?
Individual 7 9.59%
Team 56 76.71%
Don't care 10 13.70%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
X360A vs PS3T competition

Hey all,

In this thread, we talked about doing a competition between the two sites.

Things are getting closer and Olsen (the PS3T admin) and I are going to be hashing out the details and letting you all know about them shortly, but I had a question first. Basically, I am trying to see how many people would be interested, and of those, would you prefer an individual format or a team format? Obviously overall it is going to be total site versus total site, but it is always good to be able to point to superstars, MVPs, etc.

I appreciate your time in responding to the poll, and if you have any further feedback, please respond below as well.

Thanks!

Creech

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
i voted for team. with it being site vs. site, there's not much sense in lone rangers looking for glory. although, i think if someone shines and does the majority of the heavy lifting, then they should be recognized in some way.

can't wait to see how this is going to work
Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
ZombieFan

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Voted team too. Man this should be interesting, hopefully details will be revealed soon

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Team would be the best, IMO.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I voted for team as well as it inspires teamwork and socializing with other members. Too much team in that sentence. Either way, this is an awesome idea.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Go Team Edwar...X360A!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Yeah, definitely team.
Chaz Of Sparta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Team all the way. This is a slick idea, but sadly don't know if I can contribute. The next few months are going to be sparse for me

Oh, noticed Olsen has an animated award, pretty neat. Do we have anything like that?

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I voted for team as well as it inspires teamwork and socializing with other members. Too much team in that sentence. Either way, this is an awesome idea.
Agreed that it is an awesome idea. If he was a member over here, TheEndofWhyOU would totally get the bright idea award.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
I picked Team. Since it's going to be site vs. site, then it essentially is a team event....

Nothing is stopping each side from having MVPs or Superstars though. It can still be a team effort, think of it as a sports team. MVPs are named for the Thanksgiving Football games and Superbowls

Unless this was going more towards winners or something....or many smaller teams instead of two (1 each site). Not up-to-date on this, but it looks like a fun event!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
PS3 folks certainly seem discouraged and do not think they can beat us.

They are right.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
PS3 folks certainly seem discouraged and do not think they can beat us.

They are right.
And so the smack talking begins...

Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
They really have a more pleasant color scheme to look at, this bright friggen green hurts my eyes lol. Anyhow, I voted for Team.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
ZombieFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
A bit of professional smack talking is to be expected A question though, what happens if you're a member of both sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
They really have a more pleasant color scheme to look at, this bright friggen green hurts my eyes lol. Anyhow, I voted for Team.
Indeed they do, I have to turn down the brightness a bit.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
Spade.
Over Now

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Before the contest even begins too!

Team all the way, I thought individual would be cool at first, but I'm leaning much more towards team xD
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFan View Post
A bit of professional smack talking is to be expected A question though, what happens if you're a member of both sites?
Easy, you join the side that's going to win....this one.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
It was my intention to retire from competition after this year's GSL. Since GSL Rush way back in 2010, I've been rolling from one competition to the next, storing games for the next competition. It's tiring. It is so very tiring.

I guess I will have to amend this plan. I cannot sit idly by and watch my compatriots take on the forces of PS3 fanboys that apparently stalk our sister site. We must avenge E3! We must band together as a team!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
ZombieFan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
I guess I will have to amend this plan. I cannot sit idly by and watch my compatriots take on the forces of PS3 fanboys that apparently stalk our sister site. We must avenge E3! We must band together as a team!
All this trash talk, I'm loving it, can't wait

Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #19
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Team x360a! Team x360a! Team x360a!

Yeah team lol.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #20
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Another vote for team. If each site is essentially one giant team, there is no reason to split into smaller teams. You don't need to be on teams to see which players stand out.

EDIT: Copy/pasting something I posted on ps3t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsen77 View Post
What I was thinking was everything is basically now it is now. X number of teams are competing against each other and win THL or GSL. At the same time though, every team's totals are added up and contribute to larger Team PS3T or Team X360A score. While teams would be competing against each other, they'd also be working together to beat the other site.
I'm not opposed to this idea, but it seems to take away the focus from x360a vs ps3t when it plays out exactly as gsl/tsl normally play out. Essentially it boils down to two competitions that just happen to be running at the same time, with site vs site as an afterthought.

I say keep it simple and pick X people to represent each site and X people are one team. Since teammates won't also be opponents in the smaller competition (gsl/tsl) they're much more likely to help each other out.

Last edited by dakisbac; 07-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #21
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I voted teams because we must band together to destroy our enemies

If this goes ahead i'm thinking lets make it interesting. Seeing how I'm still undecided on what console to buy next gen, if PS3T wins I will buy a PS4 but if x360a wins I'll buy an Xbox One
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #22
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
We gotta go with teams for sure. Let's do this!

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
PS3T community involvement versus X360A community involvement. And the winner is? PS3T by a landslide. Their playdates occur on a regular basis and is voted on by the community. They have a positive turn out and it's because of that alone, they win by default.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #24
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
PS3T community involvement versus X360A community involvement. And the winner is? PS3T by a landslide. Their playdates occur on a regular basis and is voted on by the community. They have a positive turn out and it's because of that alone, they win by default.

While true, this doesn't say much about how they will perform in competition.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #25
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Lets speculate.. What could the competition be? Most achievements/trophies gained?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #26
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Go team X360a!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #27
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I never participated in competition and I was going to take it easy after hitting 500k this week but I just can't sit idly by when my favorite achievement site is planning a competition against another site. I voted for team as it doesn't make much sense to make this an individual race.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #28
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I voted teams because we must band together to destroy our enemies

If this goes ahead i'm thinking lets make it interesting. Seeing how I'm still undecided on what console to buy next gen, if PS3T wins I will buy a PS4 but if x360a wins I'll buy an Xbox One
That's mighty blod

OT: Team. We will crush the opposition.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #29
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Another vote for team. If each site is essentially one giant team, there is no reason to split into smaller teams. You don't need to be on teams to see which players stand out.
I agree Dak! I was thinking about this earlier shortly after reading the thread and came to the same basic conclusion.

Voted for team!
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #30
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Real ease the CRACKIN!!! Pumped to start and get the big "W"