Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
DatAmazingGamer

snowpaw the dog's Gamercard
Question halo: 4 vs reach

Personally I think reach is better, what about you? And why?

DatAmazingGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
How about you tell us why you "personally think Reach is better"? Wouldn't that make more sense? Oh, 5 post rule... never mind.

Halo: Reach > Halo 4. The core game was developed by Bungie, which matters the most. The DLC wasn't all that, but since 343 worked on a small part of Reach, well that's the part that sucked.

Good thing they appreciated Halo as much as Bungie, because they made Halo 4 everything that Halo fans wanted it to be. /sarcasm
Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Also, welcome to the site. We have sub-forums for all games and all of your Halo needs. You can discuss the games there and find people to play with, I saw your Halo 4 thread.

Links: Halo 4 and Halo Reach
Old 07-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Yeah I think the Halo 4 is better than reach just to be honest, and this is only because of the story (its the only reason I still play halo) So yeah after halo 3 I have just been done with halo to be honest. So the only reason I will be buying 5-6 is because of the story. But yeah I like halo 4 better.
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
Spade.
Parallax

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Equal imo.
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
I think Reach is the worst Halo game. Halo 4 is way better, IMO. In fact, of the 360 Halo games, Halo 4 is my favorite. (Not counting Halo Anniversary, since that's just Halo 1 with better graphics and sound).

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Both games are solid, I do prefer Reach slightly more because of I didn't like the whole Promethean introduction to Halo 4, and I think that's basically the future of Halo which makes me sad.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo 4's multiplayer

Halo reach campaign (no matter how shit it is, the end is a great ending)

In my opinion.
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
shit vs shit

Tough one

Halo 2 or Halo 3

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
Azraelx

Azraelx1979ad's Gamercard
I replay Reach more than I replay Halo 4, mainly because of all the adaptability that you can do with Firefight. (To be fair though, I have yet to dive into the Spartan Ops)

I really didn't get into the story of Halo 4, but I was impressed with the graphics.

But since those are the games that are included in this grudge match, I'll keep my opinions restricted to just those two games.

Graphically Halo 4 gets the nod. (Simply gorgeous)
Single player campaign/story goes to Reach. (The second half of the game was wicked)
Gameplay goes to Reach. (The forerunners as an enemy suck, I'd rather fight the flood, and I hate the flood.)
The music in Reach was better (and less annoying than) Halo 4.
Replay value is way higher in my book for Reach.
Azraelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
shit vs shit

Tough one

Halo 2 or Halo 3
Well for me that's an easy pick, Halo 3 kicked Halo 2's ass IMO Just because the End boss and the ending for halo 2 was super trash. Now I realize they had to set up for Halo 3 some how, but imo I believe they could have executed the cliffhanger so much better. That last boss fight Sgt Johnson - "Cheif shoot him his shields are down!!" just a poor boss fight (once again) imo lol

p.s. I might be a little bias xD Halo 3 is my favorite halo game :P
B1SK3TS N GR4VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Yawn.....

/10beers

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Waste of a thread, but it's Halo so I need to respond.

Halo 4's had the better story....Halo Reach had the better...what? Halo Reach sucked ass people. How on Earth do gamers actually like that game? Did they not play Halo 2 or Halo 3?!

Seriously, Halo 2 and Halo 3 is were it's at. That should have been the topic.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Both are great games, but I'm leaning more towards Reach than 4. The campaign's fun at spots, customizing your own Spartan is cool and multiplayer's pretty good. Halo 4 had a great campaign as well, but I just didn't enjoy the multiplayer that much, especially considering OP weapons, rubbish map design (which seem to encourage sniping and spawn-trapping) and ridiculous challenges to unlock the cooler armor (what's wrong with just reaching certain ranks, like in Reach?).

Again, both are good games, but I like Reach better. That's just my opinion.

And before anyone asks (i.e. BiggD), I have played Halo 2 and Halo 3 and I did like those too, but this topic is about Reach and 4, not 2 and 3.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
I liked Reach more, 4 had a great campaign but just didn't like the multipayer, it just felt too different from it's predecessors, not to mention the terrible spawning system.

One of the main reasons I liked Reach was the huge Forge world - my brother and I used to spend hours upon hours just building bases, race tracks, arenas, etc. I also have fond memories of leaving my spartan idle for a few hours in an attempt to rank up quickly - that is the main reason I got to Colonel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Waste of a thread, but it's Halo so I need to respond.

Halo 4's had the better story....Halo Reach had the better...what? Halo Reach sucked ass people. How on Earth do gamers actually like that game? Did they not play Halo 2 or Halo 3?!

Seriously, Halo 2 and Halo 3 is were it's at. That should have been the topic.
Reach had better single player spartan customization. But Halo 1 and Halo 2 were the best of the series. But I like Halo 4 better than Halo 3. But all of the Halo games, besides Reach, are pretty good.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
Both are great games, but I'm leaning more towards Reach than 4. The campaign's fun at spots, customizing your own Spartan is cool and multiplayer's pretty good. Halo 4 had a great campaign as well, but I just didn't enjoy the multiplayer that much, especially considering OP weapons, rubbish map design (which seem to encourage sniping and spawn-trapping) and ridiculous challenges to unlock the cooler armor (what's wrong with just reaching certain ranks, like in Reach?).

Again, both are good games, but I like Reach better. That's just my opinion.

And before anyone asks (i.e. BiggD), I have played Halo 2 and Halo 3 and I did like those too, but this topic is about Reach and 4, not 2 and 3.
No worries, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just like giving people a hard time when they bring up Halo Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
Reach had better single player spartan customization. But Halo 1 and Halo 2 were the best of the series. But I like Halo 4 better than Halo 3. But all of the Halo games, besides Reach, are pretty good.
That's what I like to hear! The original and the sequel were the bomb! Customization was pretty neat, but games like Rainbow 6 and Army of Two do customization much better!

Old 07-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #18
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I liked reach better.. I don't like Halo 4 it doesn't even seem like Halo to me.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #19
BUMMERS8888

A 0 0 0 0 0 A 1's Gamercard
Halo Reach !!!!!.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #20
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Campaign: Halo 4

Multiplayer: Halo: Reach

We have a problem here.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I liked reach better.. I don't like Halo 4 it doesn't even seem like Halo to me.
Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But what makes Halo 4 not feel like Halo? Sure, the Multiplayer has loadouts, special abilities and all that jazz but the core of the MP is still there.

As for the Story, it's more Halo than the 3rd game was. Which is a shame seeing that Halo 3 was supposed to be the big bang to an epic trilogy, and it was easily the worst installment story wise when compared to Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. The Human-Covenant War is over, so it kinda only makes sense that the story was set in this new direction of dealing with the Forerunner/Prometheans, especially when one takes Traviss's and Bear's books into consideration.

Last edited by BiggD; 07-14-2013 at 06:41 AM.