PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed II > The Battle of Forli
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
norcalsniper
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 539

norcalsniper's Gamercard
No Achievements?!

I am really disappointed in UbiSoft for not adding new Achievements to the DLC. It really makes no sense that there is no Achievements, but I will still buy the DLC because I loved the game.

Anyone not buying because of no Achievements?
norcalsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Seany Show
 
Seany Show's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: You Kay
Posts: 1,912

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I was going to get the content day one if it had achievements. Now I will wait to see what other peoples reviews are on the DLC as I have wasted money on content day one and found it to be not worth it. I am looking at you Mad Moxxi...
__________________


GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Nei Debrusc
 
Nei Debrusc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens, GA (EST/GMT -5:00)
Posts: 649

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
I'll pass on the DLC for now. I consider myself a completionist (sounds better than "completion whore" ), so my Microsoft points are going to some DLC with achievements involved. Just you wait, though. Bonfire is totally going to have achievements like "did something in the Forli" and I'll have to buy both anyway.

Actually, though, I'm big on the Italian Renaissance, so maybe I'll pick it up just for that? Maybe when I get more than $9 in my pocket.
__________________
11.9.2009 - 1000th achievement: Roadie, Brutal Legend
6.29.2010 - 2000th achievement: A Friend in Need, Tekken 6
2.18.2011 - 3000th achievement: Afraid of the Dark, Gears of War 2
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
red mist 85
 
red mist 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chichester, West Sussex , England.
Posts: 428

red mist 85's Gamercard
I'd prefer it if there were achievements obviously, but even if there aren't, I'll still get it. I like the game too much to ignore it.

I understand people getting angry when there are no achievements, but back in the old days we used to play games just for the sheer enjoyment of it. Yes, the achievements would add an extra incentive, but the lack of them isn't enough to stop me downloading it and just enjoying it for what it is.
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
MartyMcFly
 
MartyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,178

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red mist 85 View Post
I understand people getting angry when there are no achievements, but back in the old days we used to play games just for the sheer enjoyment of it.
You make a fine point, but don't forget we also never used to spend $5-$10 (I don't know UK prices, I apologize) on "extra" content that could arguably be in the game that we just paid full price for.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Insanemaniak
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Posts: 91
I don't understand why people are angry over no achievements. If they wanted to get it and went on and on about getting it before the whole no achievements lark- then why should they care about it having none; I'm pretty happy atm as I don't have many points to spend on DLC so this saves me a little. I might pick it up one day when I have spare MS Points but for now it's saved me 320 : )

Just glad it isn't like The Force Unleashed- 800 MS Points for the Tatooine DLC, 15 minutes of play time and 135 gs (or something) I don't mind shelling out MS Points so Dev's earn money off what they've made but 800 for 15 minutes; ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
You make a fine point, but don't forget we also never used to spend $5-$10 (I don't know UK prices, I apologize) on "extra" content that could arguably be in the game that we just paid full price for.
I agree but at the same time disagree; If the content is 1 GB like the Dev's said then it really was too big for the game (understandable that they cut it out); though if so then they could have at least placed it on the PS3's version which has 17 GB more space on the Blue Ray Disks they use than the Dual Layer Disks the Xbox Uses (Obviously enough space for the 2 GB supposedly required for the DLC) but they never did.

Last edited by Insanemaniak; 01-26-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Insanemaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
red mist 85
 
red mist 85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chichester, West Sussex , England.
Posts: 428

red mist 85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
You make a fine point, but don't forget we also never used to spend $5-$10 (I don't know UK prices, I apologize) on "extra" content that could arguably be in the game that we just paid full price for.
Yes, that's true. DLC is fine when it is exactly that. In other words, actual extra content as opposed to something which should have been in the game in the first place. Unfortunately though, the concept of DLC is being some what abused now. They with-hold some of the game's original content only to sell it to you a couple of months later for an extra 3-7 (400Ms points is equal to about 3.50 ish). Although, I suppose AC2 is a pretty long game in the first place.
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
jtr1gg3r
 
jtr1gg3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 2,773

KiNG TUBZ zZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im getting it, but i'm disappointed there are no achievements, but as has already been said we used to play just for fun, I still do I just thinks it gives games a whole new dimension when you achieve something (hence achievements lol).

But some ppl still play the original xbox and ps2 as there are some great games on them, I for one still play the warriors on ps2 often.

Anybody remember it? They should do a sequel to that game (not like that piece of sh*t arcade game).

...wow ive gone off topic oops!
__________________
jtr1gg3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
MartyMcFly
 
MartyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,178

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanemaniak View Post
I agree but at the same time disagree; If the content is 1 GB like the Dev's said then it really was too big for the game (understandable that they cut it out); though if so then they could have at least placed it on the PS3's version which has 17 GB more space on the Blue Ray Disks they use than the Dual Layer Disks the Xbox Uses (Obviously enough space for the 2 GB supposedly required for the DLC) but they never did.
Ok, I understand your point here as well. However, now you're saying it's content they couldn't include because the game was already too big so they took it out. If that's the case then we should be able to download it for free.

Because now you're saying it's stuff they would have had in there but couldn't. Now we have to spend almost 1/6th the price of a full game for content that was meant to be in the game we already paid for in the first place? lol It just doesn't make sense.

It's one thing when it's extra HUGE content that they newly develop such as the Grand Theft Auto IV episodes, Fallout 3 DLCs or Oblivion: The Shivering Isles. Those are all well worth the money, achievements or no achievements. Someone has already posted that The Battle of Flori only took 1 hour to complete. That's not the type of content I'm willing to pay for.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanemaniak View Post
I don't understand why people are angry over no achievements. If they wanted to get it and went on and on about getting it before the whole no achievements lark- then why should they care about it having none; I'm pretty happy atm as I don't have many points to spend on DLC so this saves me a little. I might pick it up one day when I have spare MS Points but for now it's saved me 320 : )

Just glad it isn't like The Force Unleashed- 800 MS Points for the Tatooine DLC, 15 minutes of play time and 135 gs (or something) I don't mind shelling out MS Points so Dev's earn money off what they've made but 800 for 15 minutes; ridiculous.



I agree but at the same time disagree; If the content is 1 GB like the Dev's said then it really was too big for the game (understandable that they cut it out); though if so then they could have at least placed it on the PS3's version which has 17 GB more space on the Blue Ray Disks they use than the Dual Layer Disks the Xbox Uses (Obviously enough space for the 2 GB supposedly required for the DLC) but they never did.

It's 1GB because they cut it out and were then able to beef it up. If they had more time to complete the game, they would have fit it in. I wonder how much of the 1GB is just assets that may or may not be on the game disc.

I, for one, am angry. I posted on the UBI forums about it (because they have no way to get in touch with anybody otherwise), and will not be buying this one or the other one (unless it has achievements). I really don't understand it. The game was fantastic, by all appearances, the DLC was going to be awesome, and at a decent price for once, and then no achievements. It's not like Ubi does this all the time. Prince of Persia's DLC had achievements, and it wasn't nearly as fun as both of these sound. Someone earlier mentioned that they might have a crossover achievement in the second DLC to make up for it. I hope they do, but also hope they don't. I hope they do because I want the points, but I hope they don't because that's a shitty thing to do, and if we as consumers allow them to do it, they'll keep doing it, then other companies will, and soon it'll be the norm. Maybe other companies were asking themselves if DLC really needed achievements, but Ubi is putting it into practice. I know KotN didn't have any, but other than that, I think all expansion DLC has had achievements (if I'm mistaken, please let me know, I'd actually like to know what other games had achievement-less DLC, but only expansions. Item DLC and such doesn't need achievements). I will not be buying this DLC. If the second one doesn't have achievements, I won't be buying it either, and when AC3 comes out, I'm going to wait for a used copy. I will not be supporting Ubisoft by giving them my money if they won't be supporting my obsession by giving me points.
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
ConfusedGeek
 
ConfusedGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,647

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
is this official?

maybe this is why it is so inexpensive.

i'll get it first day though either way.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
is this official?

maybe this is why it is so inexpensive.

i'll get it first day though either way.
Yes, it was announced by Ubisoft. Also, it's inexpensive because it was supposed to be in the game at first, and was then cut out so they could make their deadline. They knew that if they tried to charge $10 apiece for content that everybody knows was supposed to be in the game (knows because of the missing sequences in the actual game), they'd have a riot on their hands. That being said, I really don't understand why they aren't including achievements. They couldn't possibly be that hard to put in, or even to patch in later, but why couldn't they just include them? I really wonder as to the thought process behind not including achievements.
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
daishichi
 
daishichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 571

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had no complaints about paying very reasonable prices for content that seems bonus to me, even if it was originally planned for the main game. I'm happy they didn't delay the main game, and look forward to having the experience extended.

No getting around my disappointment that there are no achievements, though. Between that and the "orginally intended" aspect of the DLC, it sounds like Ubisoft needs to work on their deadline setting. Having announced a release date only a few days ago, it sounds like they weren't sure they'd get the DLC out on time until then. I don't know much about game coding, but how much programming does it take to add achievements? Clearly they cut it very close when planning the development.

I've never heard of a retroactive achievement as suggested above, getting credit for Forli during the February Bonfire DLC, but then I've never heard of DLC that didn't come with achievements either. I hope Ubisoft makes it up to us.

All that said, I'm buying both on day one.

Final Note: At least the new DLC will provide a second chance to get the one missable achievement, kicking a guard while on da Vinci's glider...right?
__________________
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
MartyMcFly
 
MartyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,178

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post

Final Note: At least the new DLC will provide a second chance to get the one missable achievement, kicking a guard while on da Vinci's glider...right?
Good point, but I have a feeling it won't make the achievement pop. The DLC is obviously not programmed for any achievements, so I doubt you can get "main game achievements" while playing the DLC.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
TwIsTeD mInD42
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: england
Posts: 323

iTwIsTeDmInDx's Gamercard
I have heard there is achievements and i did a yahoo answers question and got the answers there is achievements

i have even heard about the achievements

30g for completing dna sequence 13 and 16 and i heard of another to pickpocket 300 throwing knives

I have been told and seen this on this website, what strikes me as funny as most dlc add ons contain achievements and gamerscore

and they had it for campaign progression so it should be in dlc progression

now can you reply to me and say theres definately NOT any achievements
TwIsTeD mInD42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Daemon300
 
Daemon300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Posts: 502

Daemon300's Gamercard
^

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...ievements.html
__________________
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Daemon300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD mInD42 View Post
I have heard there is achievements and i did a yahoo answers question and got the answers there is achievements

i have even heard about the achievements

30g for completing dna sequence 13 and 16 and i heard of another to pickpocket 300 throwing knives

I have been told and seen this on this website, what strikes me as funny as most dlc add ons contain achievements and gamerscore

and they had it for campaign progression so it should be in dlc progression

now can you reply to me and say theres definately NOT any achievements
X360A got firsthand confirmation: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...ievements.html

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we got word form Ubisoft this morning, specifically UK Community Manager Korina Abbott, that the Assassin's Creed 2 DLC will not come with new achievements... well, the one this week anyway. They may change their mind for the second piece (we doubt it), but don't expect achievements for The Battle of Forli (out on Thursday, 28th)."


That's official enough for me.

I was surprised that once a release date was announced that the achievements hadn't shown up on xbox.com or within Live, and especially that they hadn't shown up on X360a. I'm glad that they (X360a) actually sought info about them, as i would have bought the DLC expecting achievements, and been pretty ticked when there weren't any.
__________________

Last edited by Ghinn; 01-26-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
Hybridchld
 
Hybridchld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 813

Hybridchld's Gamercard
I am quite disapointed by the fact there are no achievements but the game is good enough that I'll get the DLC regardless of achievements.

There are plenty of DLC packs I wouldn't bother getting if there were no achievements (the Halo Wars ones for example) but in the case of a game as good as ACII I just want more game to play.
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
I am quite disapointed by the fact there are no achievements but the game is good enough that I'll get the DLC regardless of achievements.

There are plenty of DLC packs I wouldn't bother getting if there were no achievements (the Halo Wars ones for example) but in the case of a game as good as ACII I just want more game to play.
This is the first time that I've really been torn between wanting to play more of a game I enjoyed and wanting achievements. For me, it boils down to the fact that I want achievements, and if I support the release of achievement-less DLC, I'm just letting them do it. Maybe I'll pick it up one day, when MS has it as their weekly discount, but I have no desire to encourage this type of behavior in game companies.

Also, is your avatar from ZOE?
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
TwIsTeD mInD42
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: england
Posts: 323

iTwIsTeDmInDx's Gamercard
I'm sorry bullsh*t

I'm not buying dlc anymore, thanks for info guys even though you kinda ruined my day

I was expecting achievements on both pieces, i waited i could of sold it a while ago and make about 30 ugh
TwIsTeD mInD42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #21
Hybridchld
 
Hybridchld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 813

Hybridchld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghinn View Post
Also, is your avatar from ZOE?
Yeah its the ZOEII version of Jehuty, The single most prized game in my collection. I've used that Avatar for years and would love to have it as my Gamerpic, thats never going to happen though
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #22
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
Yeah its the ZOEII version of Jehuty, The single most prized game in my collection. I've used that Avatar for years and would love to have it as my Gamerpic, thats never going to happen though
Nice. Yeah, a ZOE game on 360 would be great. It's Konami (I had to check that, I thought it was one of the SCE companies), so theoretically, it could be. Plus, there hasn't been one in ages, and Wikipedia says Kojima wants to do a third game. Someone should start a petition to try and get Konami to make it for the 360. Or at least multi-platform.

Sorry for the tangential post, just had a flood of memories about ZOE.
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
Hybridchld
 
Hybridchld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 813

Hybridchld's Gamercard
With MGS coming to the 360 it may happen I suppose. I would buy a PS3 for a new ZOE game though.

Back on topic, is there any word on whether the DLC will add any Uplay content?
Hybridchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
With MGS coming to the 360 it may happen I suppose. I would buy a PS3 for a new ZOE game though.

Back on topic, is there any word on whether the DLC will add any Uplay content?
Doubtful. I think Ubi is sticking with the 100 points per game model for that, at least until they see how it goes. The way they have it set up, 100 points per game, with 100 points worth of redeemable goodies. I like it, as it adds whatever you want it to. It's like DLC you play to get, instead of pay to get. Once I got the Altair costume, I used it right up until I got the Armor of Altair, and the extra knives were a nice touch. Will be interesting to see what they come up with for Splinter Cell and RUSE.
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #25
Nei Debrusc
 
Nei Debrusc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens, GA (EST/GMT -5:00)
Posts: 649

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeD mInD42 View Post
30g for completing dna sequence 13 and 16 and i heard of another to pickpocket 300 throwing knives
I'm disinclined to believe this, especially seeing as you don't pickpocket throwing knives in ACII. There are no overweight guys in leather for you to steal them from. (Unless they changed that in the DLC or I just completely missed it in-game.) It's wishful thinking on some people's part. Ah well. Frees up points to get that RE5 DLC I've been thinking about.
__________________
11.9.2009 - 1000th achievement: Roadie, Brutal Legend
6.29.2010 - 2000th achievement: A Friend in Need, Tekken 6
2.18.2011 - 3000th achievement: Afraid of the Dark, Gears of War 2
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Debrusc View Post
I'm disinclined to believe this, especially seeing as you don't pickpocket throwing knives in ACII. There are no overweight guys in leather for you to steal them from. (Unless they changed that in the DLC or I just completely missed it in-game.) It's wishful thinking on some people's part. Ah well. Frees up points to get that RE5 DLC I've been thinking about.
I read that Yahoo answer, and the guy that said that referenced an article in an AC wiki that just showed the achievement from the first game. Nobody that answered that question knew what they were talking about. That's the problem with Yahoo answers, a lot of the time it's just people saying what they think the right answer is, but framing it as fact. You DO get knives from looting bodies, but having an achievement for that would be really annoying, as it's random, and you don't get many.

Also, sequences 13 & 16? The DLC only covers 12 & 13. When in doubt about an achievement, check here. This site is the absolute best resource on the web for achievements, and without it, I'd have driven myself insane long ago.
__________________

Last edited by Ghinn; 01-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
ProXy
 
ProXy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 232
Send a message via ICQ to ProXy

HTP ProXy's Gamercard
Ok guys what is going on? Do you really know what you were posting? You don't like games because the DLC does not have any achievements? This is one of the best games 2009 but you blame it because the DLC does not push your f***ing gamerscore? And all those guys that really want to see some new achievements have played tons of games that really suck - wohooo King Kong and Avatar can boost your gamerscore.. But let me tell you a secret: You will not become famous for yet another 50k GS while others have reached 300k and more. Play games that you like or play games to boost your "small-penis-but-big-gamerscore", but do not rate games due to their achievements. If you wanna show skill try to get the hard achievements not the easy ones..
ProXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #28
Ghinn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 78

GhinnReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProXy View Post
Ok guys what is going on? Do you really know what you were posting? You don't like games because the DLC does not have any achievements? This is one of the best games 2009 but you blame it because the DLC does not push your f***ing gamerscore? And all those guys that really want to see some new achievements have played tons of games that really suck - wohooo King Kong and Avatar can boost your gamerscore.. But let me tell you a secret: You will not become famous for yet another 50k GS while others have reached 300k and more. Play games that you like or play games to boost your "small-penis-but-big-gamerscore", but do not rate games due to their achievements. If you wanna show skill try to get the hard achievements not the easy ones..
I love how the people that don't get (read: understand the joy of) achievements always resort to insulting the fact that we do. Why does it have to be a compensation thing? What about female gamers that like getting achievements? Your ignorance really knows no bounds. I happen to like getting achievements. At first, I was boosting my score to catch up to a friend of mine. Now, I'm playing games that I like, and cleaning up those games that I started, but never finished. I happen to think that they add another level of playability, that the achievements are a game unto themselves. You may feel differently. I won't go to a thread about something you like and lambaste you for liking it. Why is it you feel the need to belittle people that think differently from you? Does that need extend to other aspects of your life? I suggest you take your useless insults elsewhere.

At no point were we rating the game because the DLC didn't have achievements. We found out about it, and were expressing our anger. This is also about game companies shafting customers for no good reason. This content was supposed to be in the game, where there would have been an achievement for getting through it. As it is, it's coming out months after the game's release, we have to pay for it, and there are no achievements. Those of us that like achievements don't like being treated that way, same as PS3 owners were angry about the fallout DLC fiasco, and PC owners gripe about requirements and patches and such.
__________________
Ghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #29
daishichi
 
daishichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 571

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'll also stick up for the value of achievements. It's a bragging rights thing for me, even on individual games; that's why you can click "Compare Games" on any Friend's profile. ACII would have been the first 1000+ game I could have said I got every point on...when you see someone with 1200 on Mass Effect or 1250 on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, it tells the world "I loved this game and I kicked its ass".

I will still buy the DLC because I loved the game and want more of it. Even if it's just another hour with Ezio, it will be four bucks well spent. But you can't help but scratch your head at the half-assed development and rollout of this extra content. As has been pointed out, Ubi threw in 'chieves for that crappy Prince of Persia add-on...what, ACII deserves less?
__________________
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #30
MartyMcFly
 
MartyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,178

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I happen to have only played games I like, and for those games I liked I tried to get as many achievements as possible. I only like to play games I really like, then get the achievements for them. There are so many great games on Xbox 360 and Arcade titles that you can easily have 30k+gs just by playing the games normally and not achievement whoring. The people who hate on achievements never have good reasoning behind their arguments.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 AM.