Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Gamerscore/Gamercard not updating? READ FIRST POST! Updated May-2014

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION

7-May-2014: Spoke to Rx yesterday to touch base with him now that CABS has been released to see where we're at with Gamercards. He said he "hopes" to get to them this weekend but is currently in the middle of work on a few other things for the site. It is definitely on the to-do list. Thank you all for your patience while we keep working on this.

17-Feb-2014: Rx has it narrowed down to a specific step in the process. The users affected are those who either newly qualify or have entered a new tag since the site changeover. He's focusing on the heretofore purported as mythical "CABS" and hopes to be able to dedicate time to this particular bug next week. Apologies for the inconvenience. We'll get you guys fixed up as soon as we can.

5-Feb-2014: Rx has identified an issue that is affecting a segment of our users. He's working on fixing this. If you meet the requirements and have tried the fixes outlined in this first post you may be one of the users affected. Please be patient while we work on fixing this.

19-Jan-2014: We've got a work around in place that has "fixed" the issue until we can sort out the permanent fix. Hopefully from an end user perspective there will be no difference.

16-Jan-2014: see announcement here for more detail on the cause of the problem.

6-Jan-2014: Have run into an issue following the recent rollout of the new site that is affecting the leaderboards, gamercards, and xbl status/recently played information. It is a known issue that we are working on. This thread will be updated when the issue is resolved. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO TELL US YOU ARE ALSO HAVING THIS PROBLEM. EVERYONE IS. WE KNOW AND ARE WORKING TO RESTORE THIS FEATURE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

---------------------

First, make sure your gamertag has been added to your profile and that it is entered correctly (this is case sensitive).

To do this you need a minimum of 5 forum posts and then to go to your "User CP". The link is located on the left side of the page near the top on the green bar. It will take you to another page and you will see several options along the left side of the screen. The top one is "Edit Your Details". Click that then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find the field to enter your gamertag. For more detail and pictures, click the spoiler below for a guide made by Monkeyman 8322

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

NOTE: Adding your gamertag to the site does not check off individual achievements on guides or lists when you earn them. This is something you would need to track manually using the My360Achievements feature. This can be enabled from the Overview, Achievement List or Achievement Guide for any game. It's located on the right hand side of the screen midway down on the Overview screen. See the spoiler below for pictures and more info.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

THEN, make sure your XBL privacy settings are set to PUBLIC, not PRIVATE. (This is required for Leaderboard inclusion) See the Spoiler tag below for instructions on how to do this.

Currently, being included on the Site Leaderboards is required for your gamercard to display on the site. We are working on making this feature available to more users.

Being included on the Site Leaderboards requires 4 things:
  • a minimum of 50 posts, and
  • at least 1 post within the past 60 days.
  • your gamertag must be entered on your user profile (not case sensitive for Leaderboards but IS for gamercard display)
  • your xbl privacy settings must be set to public
When making posts it is important to make sure they are not pointless "spammy" posts (as they are likely to be deleted and possibly earn you an infraction). Also bear in mind that any posts in the "Off-Topic" forum, on User Profiles, or in the "comments" on an achievement or the news do not count toward post count.

Leaderboards currently update about every 6 hours. Bearing this in mind, it could take up to 12 hours for you to be added once you meet the requirements. More information on the Leaderboards can be found HERE.

If you meet the requirements and have tried the above and it's still not working, remove your tag from your profile and re-add it. If that doesn't fix it after 12 hours, reply here and let us know so we can look into it.

If you have tried everything above (waited long enough, verified case sensitive entry, etc), and still don't see it, or see it with an old score, HIT F5 to pull new (not cached) images. Or, clear your cache and load the page again. We've had lots of people saying it's not working when the only "problem" is that they're viewing an old image on their computer.

If this post was helpful THERE IS NO NEED TO REPLY. You are welcome and we are glad to have been of assistance. Any posts containing nothing but "Thanks!" "You Roxxors, lololol" "Finally I have the answers I've been seeking" "You're awesome" etc, etc, will just be deleted as spam. Please only post if you're still having problems.

Last edited by troy0891; 05-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
A lump of coal

a lump of coal's Gamercard
i though you only needed 5 posts for your gamertag to be visible? i have more than 5 and have posted recently and my gamertag still won't show up. i have also entered my gamertag case sensitive and it still won't show up.
A lump of coal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A lump of coal View Post
i though you only needed 5 posts for your gamertag to be visible? i have more than 5 and have posted recently and my gamertag still won't show up. i have also entered my gamertag case sensitive and it still won't show up.
did you even read the OP? i mean all of it?

you need 5 posts to be able to edit your details, which includes entering your gamertag. BUT, for your gamercard to show you need to be on the leaderboards, which currently requires that you have 50 posts on the forums, be actively posting(at least 1 post every 60 days) and to have your profile set to public.

fulfill all of these criteria and within 6-12 hours you will automatically be added to the leaderboards and your gamercard will start to appear and refresh itself every 6 or so hours.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
I think it's also worth mentioning that the leaderboards are Case Sensitive meaning if you get the capitalization in your Gamertag wrong, your Gamercard will not appear.
That is not actually correct. The leaderboards will work regardless of case. However, the gamercard next to your posts IS currently case sensitive, and will not work if the case is off even if the leaderboard properly reflects your data.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswish96 View Post
i'm gonna try all the troubleshoot options you listed and hope it helps mainly the unlink and relinking of my gamercard cuz it hasn't refreshed itself in a 1-1/2 to 2 years i've aquired a decent amount of gamerscore since then and kinda wish it showed
Quoting from the first post:

Quote:
Currently, being included on the Site Leaderboards is required for your gamercard to display on your posts. We are working on making this feature available to more users.

Being included on the Site Leaderboards requires 4 things:
  • a minimum of 50 posts, and
  • at least 1 post within the past 60 days.
  • your gamertag must be entered on your user profile (not case sensitive for Leaderboards but IS for gamercard display)
  • your xbl privacy settings must be set to public
When making posts it is important to make sure they are not pointless "spammy" posts (as they are likely to be deleted and possibly earn you an infraction). Also bear in mind that any posts in the "Off-Topic" forum, on User Profiles, or in the "comments" on an achievement do not count toward post count.
Unfortunately you would need at least 50 forum posts for you to be included on the site Leaderboards and gamercard being updated.

These restrictions are there because we have thousands and thousands of users on the site and we need to fetch all of the info from Xbox.com to update it here.

We just simply don't have enough resources at the moment to fetch the data for all of the members so this is why there's restrictions

If you have any more questions you can PM me or ask here.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
evilution666

evilution666's Gamercard
It amuses me, You provide detail screen grabs on how to do all steps of this, except setting your XBL privacy settings to "Public". Please advise....
Old 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Ceris
にゃー?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilution666 View Post
It amuses me, You provide detail screen grabs on how to do all steps of this, except setting your XBL privacy settings to "Public". Please advise....
While on the Xbox 360 dashboard, go all the way to the right to settings, choose "privacy", change settings, then customize, and choose "Game Activity" and set it to Everyone.
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #8
BESCAREDHOMIE92

BeScaredHomie92's Gamercard
I had the same issue with my old account
BESCAREDHOMIE92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
JoeBacofoil1

JoeBacofoil's Gamercard
Hi just a question, My gamercard isn't updating when I post or am at home screen at top left, however when I go to my profile it is uodated for that page only.. go back to my home screen and its back to like 30k less than it should be?
Any ideas?

-------------------------------------------------100% completions;

Retail: 12
Arcade: 3
JoeBacofoil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
Ceris
にゃー?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBacofoil1 View Post
Hi just a question, My gamercard isn't updating when I post or am at home screen at top left, however when I go to my profile it is uodated for that page only.. go back to my home screen and its back to like 30k less than it should be?
Any ideas?
I've heard pressing CTRL+F5 fixes some updating problems like the one you're having.
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
troy0891

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBacofoil1 View Post
Any ideas?
To expand on what Ceris said:
Your browser is likely using a cached version of that image for the page which is why it's not showing current information. Hitting F5 will force the page to do a hard refresh and pull new information. If you're on a Mac instead of a PC command + R will accomplish the same thing.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 09-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
mvitanza

Mikey V69's Gamercard
Do the 5 posts have to be just in the forums or do posts in achievement guide threads count too?
mvitanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvitanza View Post
Do the 5 posts have to be just in the forums or do posts in achievement guide threads count too?
the achievement guide threads are part of the forums, so they do of course count. Posts in the off-topic areas of the forum DO NOT count as the post count is disabled there. also, comments on the main site DO NOT count.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
mvitanza

Mikey V69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
the achievement guide threads are part of the forums, so they do of course count. Posts in the off-topic areas of the forum DO NOT count as the post count is disabled there. also, comments on the main site DO NOT count.
Thanks for the quick reply
mvitanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
Oblivion Knight
Banned User

iXanon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Weirdly, having issues with my new gamertag - but when I enter my old one it works fine..

New: iXanon
Old: xOBKx

Is there any kind of "minimum gamerscore" restriction in place?
Oblivion Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion Knight View Post
Weirdly, having issues with my new gamertag - but when I enter my old one it works fine..

New: iXanon
Old: xOBKx

Is there any kind of "minimum gamerscore" restriction in place?
no it should work fine. if this post of yours is the first in a long time, then you'll just need to wait until the site refresh's, which is ~6-12 hours. i don't know why the old one works though but your new one doesn't. It is case sensitive i believe, so make sure that's correct.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Oblivion Knight
Banned User

iXanon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
It's not my first, but I have only posted again very recently for a long while.. My guess was it'd be some kind of "site refresh" issue also, so I'll keep my eyes open. Think my old tag works because it has previously been captured in the database.
Oblivion Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
THEN, make sure your XBL privacy settings are set to PUBLIC, not PRIVATE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilution666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
While on the Xbox 360 dashboard, go all the way to the right to settings, choose "privacy", change settings, then customize, and choose "Game Activity" and set it to Everyone.
I cannot find any XBL privacy settings that can be set to PUBLIC or PRIVATE or for Game Activity. This is a FAQ and so should explain things better.

I have three settings on xbox.com under "My Profile" -> "Privacy and Online Settings", and I think you may be talking about one or more of these:

Profile Sharing
Decide who can see this profile. A profile includes motto, personal picture, name, bio, and location, if you have provided that information.
Everyone / Friends Only / Blocked

Game History
Decide who can see this profile's game history. Game history includes the games played and achievements.

Online Status
Decide who can see this profile's online status. Online status includes current online activity, like what's being played now and availability to play.

Last edited by HolyHa1fDead; 09-15-2013 at 11:58 PM.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
Bellatrixz

Bellatrixz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Mine isn't showing even though i meet the requirements

Thanks to
Matt x360a
for the awesome sig!
Bellatrixz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #20
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHa1fDead View Post
I cannot find any XBL privacy settings that can be set to PUBLIC or PRIVATE or for Game Activity. This is a FAQ and so should explain things better.
-snip-
You are correct. XBL has updated their privacy settings many times over the years. It is much more complicated now than it used to be. The FAQ will be updated to reflect the current set up. I'm going to try to provide screen shots of what it looks like on xbox.com. I do not have a capture card to try and provide screen shots of what it would look like on the xbox.
My Blog
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrixz View Post
Mine isn't showing even though i meet the requirements
I was waiting to see what would happen 24 hours after you first qualified for the leaderboards. So far, still nothing. I'm passing your info up the line to have them look into it. I already checked your profile and your tag appears to be entered correctly. The link is functioning correctly and your profile appears to be set to public.

Please bear with us while we investigate.
My Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Bellatrixz

Bellatrixz's Gamercard

Quote:
I was waiting to see what would happen 24 hours after you first qualified for the leaderboards. So far, still nothing. I'm passing your info up the line to have them look into it. I already checked your profile and your tag appears to be entered correctly. The link is functioning correctly and your profile appears to be set to public.

Please bear with us while we investigate.
I will, thanks very much

Thanks to
Matt x360a
for the awesome sig!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrixz View Post
I will, thanks very much
Looks like we've got you fixed up
My Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
Bellatrixz

Bellatrixz's Gamercard

Quote:
Looks like we've got you fixed up
Thanks a lot Troy, you're awesome! <3

Thanks to
Matt x360a
for the awesome sig!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #25
HitmanHTC

RNX Lockdown's Gamercard
Same problem as Bellatrixz, I meet all the requirements and I am pretty sure I have followed all the criteria set out but no gamercard still. It was about 2/3 weeks ago I tried to get the gamercard to show using the criteria, and I am pretty sure I am on the public leaderboard.

If you could give me some guidance of where I am going wrong it wold be greatly appreciated! Perhaps it is an error your end, or if it is actually showing and I cant see it, then infact it may be a chrome cache error my end?

Completions:
Retail 1000+ - 92
Arcade 200+ - 10

www.twitter.com/hchesterton Follow for follow back.

Part of x360a's Ubisoft GR:FS event team
HitmanHTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #26
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanHTC View Post
Same problem as Bellatrixz, I meet all the requirements and I am pretty sure I have followed all the criteria set out but no gamercard still. It was about 2/3 weeks ago I tried to get the gamercard to show using the criteria, and I am pretty sure I am on the public leaderboard.

If you could give me some guidance of where I am going wrong it wold be greatly appreciated! Perhaps it is an error your end, or if it is actually showing and I cant see it, then infact it may be a chrome cache error my end?
Yep, your stuff looks to be in order too. I'll pass yours up the chain too. Please bear with us while we get it investigated. Probably just a process that needs another boot to the head.
My Blog
Old 09-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanHTC View Post

You had entered your gamertag using all lower case letters, and the gamercard script is actually case sensitive. I corrected it for you and it is now showing correctly.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
HitmanHTC

RNX Lockdown's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
You had entered your gamertag using all lower case letters, and the gamercard script is actually case sensitive. I corrected it for you and it is now showing correctly.
Ah I see thanks a lot. I had it case sensitive before but I had a problem with it not updating (probably like a year or so ago) and the temp fix that seemed to work was making it all lower case!

Completions:
Retail 1000+ - 92
Arcade 200+ - 10

www.twitter.com/hchesterton Follow for follow back.

Part of x360a's Ubisoft GR:FS event team
HitmanHTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #29
Dobermann X

Dobermann X's Gamercard
I have a problem with my GamerCard.

1. On the top of the site it is outdate, showing 19215G instead of 40200+G
2. On "My profile", the gamercard is not mine. It is another account.
3. When i post a comment i have no picture on the left for myself.

I have all the requirements, and i've set everything in my xbox account as "public" just in case. And no changes. The site xboxlc.com can easely track my GT and games history. Why it doesnt works anymore on your website?

Thank you in advance.
Dobermann X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #30
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobermann X View Post
I have a problem with my GamerCard.

1. On the top of the site it is outdate, showing 19215G instead of 40200+G
2. On "My profile", the gamercard is not mine. It is another account.
3. When i post a comment i have no picture on the left for myself.

I have all the requirements, and i've set everything in my xbox account as "public" just in case. And no changes. The site xboxlc.com can easely track my GT and games history. Why it doesnt works anymore on your website?

Thank you in advance.
You need to have 50 posts in the forums in order for this to be fixed; you currently have 43, so you need to post 7 more times.

Watch me fault her. You're living like a disaster. She said "Kill me faster with strawberry gashes all over"
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote