PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Bankshot Billiards 2
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Worth the Money? (1,200 marketpoints)
Yes 31 24.41%
No 96 75.59%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

The Perfect Gun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is it worth 1,200 marketpoints?

Is this game really worth 1,200 marketpoints? I was thinking about getting it, but 1,200 is A LOT of marketpoints. For all the people who have got it, are you happy or would you regret it?
The Perfect Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Ki23lla

Send a message via MSN to Ki23lla

Jetsfan325's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Street Fighter 2 Tournament Winner   Submit - Bronze   UNO - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
you didnt get it when you got live?

Lets Go Knicks
Ki23lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
PaleGringo

Send a message via AIM to PaleGringo Send a message via MSN to PaleGringo Send a message via Yahoo to PaleGringo

PaleGringo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Exclamation

Sup TPG. (I'm abbreviateing you with your indefinate article, since otherwise PG talking to PG could get downright confusing)

Here's a review I wrote for BB2 back when I first got it in November. Hope you find this useful in determining if this game is for you or not.

---

Bankshot Billiards 2
An instant pool hall classic

For more pictures, click HERE.

Initially, my opinion of this title was pretty negative. :evil: I mean, I got it because in actuality I love playing billiards and I'm converting my garage into a pool room for just such occasions. But my next phase of renovation in my garage, the drywall and mud, is going to run between $800 and $1000 for materials and labor.

So when I saw that this was going to be an XBL Arcade title, I was all for getting it. After all, $15 would buy you all of about three hours of table time at a local pool parlor.

What I saw initially wasn't all that pretty... a billiard green table and glossy, washed out bright background. A computer that beat me every time. Music that was Underwhelming. A price that would push many people to stay away totally. And to top it off, an unimpressive demo that doesn't convince anybody its worth it. No help, no tutorial, no obvious clues as to how to get power, angle, or English set on you shot. It was a title that screamed mediocrity and made you hate yourself for coughing up $15

I looked at the 200 achievement points and thought that they were all going to be utterly unachievable. Then I got to the next item under that...
Options.

Oh, sweet options!

Game Options
Aiming Aid - how many arrows of deflection you want?
Aiming Mode - Normal or reverse
Matches - Want 3 matches per game? Done.
Shot Timer - Make your buddy shoot or lose a turn
CPU 1 Skill - out of 5 stars
CPU 2 Skill - out of 5 stars
... that took care of computer players that were too difficult. Now I could start sharking it!

Video Options
Game Panel - change the color of the panel
Table - change the way your table looks
Table Texture - change the felt color
Wood - What kind of wood looks best?
Markers - select your preferred table markers
Floors - select your floor style and texture
Balls - change th number and stripe style of your balls
Cue Stick - stylize your sword
... Now I was playing a game that didn't hurt my eyes...

Audio Options
Music - select what kind of in game music you want to hear (all the choices suck, really)
Music Volume
SoundFX Volume
A lot more robust, but still not the experience I'd want. I mean one of the best parlor thrills is lining up your shot and hearing the music that drives you. At a quarter a song in the jukebox, that still was expensive, but worth it. And as I've just mentioned, the in-game music sucks. Badly.

Enter custom soundtracks. Use your guide button and play the music from your HDD or the Media Center PC that you host stuff from. Create a custom soundtrack, and you're set.

THE VERDICT

It's not perfect. I'd really like a 3-D game more than a 2-D one. Being able to walk around the table and look at things would have helped to make this perfect in my book. After all, why choose the way the table looks if you can't see the legs or drape at all? Very steep learning curve yet fairly easy to learn. 2 players on XBL. Other than that, I think that you'll really, really get your money's worth out of this one.

out of 10.

PaleGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki23lla
you didnt get it when you got live?
WHAT? I never got it. I had a 64mb memory card AND a hard drive. Which one did you get it with?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Ki23lla

Send a message via MSN to Ki23lla

Jetsfan325's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Street Fighter 2 Tournament Winner   Submit - Bronze   UNO - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
no the live kit that comes with the mic and the game... it like 60$ for the year

anyway its definetly not worth 15$

Lets Go Knicks

Last edited by Ki23lla; 06-15-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Ki23lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
nosajeel99

nosajeel99's Gamercard
I got the game in my xbox live box as well. Also, with the new update (and I assume if you just download the game now), you get a full 3D experience. You can rotate the camera and stuff, which adds a lot to the game. A lot better than the 2D game, but still not worth 1,200 points IMO.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
cw shadow

cw shadow's Gamercard
interesting poll, i still don't have it... would like to see more of u voting

anyway, is there a chance for arcade games to get cheaper? i mean, will some of the games just cost 200 points in, lets say, half a year? cause if bb2 will be available for 800 ms points, i'll definetely get it!
cw shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

I am almost sure that it will not go down in points. Microsoft normally doesn't lower there prices.

I just think 1,200 points is way to much for a arcade game.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #9
N30CHAOS

II SGT CHAOS II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Although it is quite true that this game is not worth 1200/MS Points - It is quite alot of fun playing it both offline and online with a human player especially with all the different game types to play - you got the expected 8-ball and 9-ball games of course but in addition to those - you also can choose to play Euro 8-ball, 3-ball, Countinous 14:1, and My Favorite Cutthroat (which you can play online with 2 players and yourself, as this is a 3 player game).

Aside from all the above mentioned games which can be played online, - offline, as single player games, you can also choose to play Golf and Trick Shots, which can take some time to earn achivements in both, making it have high replay value.

What it does not have is the best graphics as far as a xbl game but who cares about that, it a pool game and the balls are shiny and fun to play with (don't even think about commenting on that one :-) and once you get a taste (or this one neither) for the differnet game type you will get hooked.

Soundwise - Music sucks donkey butt so as suggested above - play custom tracks, maybe some BEP :-).

Bottom Line: Get the game if you enjoy playing pool and enjoy variety of the game, diffently not a sim but still play worthy especially online.

Last edited by N30CHAOS; 06-16-2006 at 01:33 AM.
N30CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:15 AM   #10
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by N30CHAOS
Although it is quite true that this game is not worth 1200/MS Points - It is quite alot of fun playing it both offline and online with a human player especially with all the different game types to play - you got the expected 8-ball and 9-ball games of course but in addition to those - you also can choose to play Euro 8-ball, 3-ball, Countinous 14:1, and My Favorite Cutthroat (which you can play online with 2 players and yourself, as this is a 3 player game).

Aside from all the above mentioned games which can be played online, - offline, as single player games, you can also choose to play Golf and Trick Shots, which can take some time to earn achivements in both, making it have high replay value.

What it does not have is the best graphics as far as a xbl game but who cares about that, it a pool game and the balls are shiny and fun to play with (don't even think about commenting on that one :-) and once you get a taste (or this one neither) for the differnet game type you will get hooked.

Soundwise - Music sucks donkey butt so as suggested above - play custom tracks, maybe some BEP :-).

Bottom Line: Get the game if you enjoy playing pool and enjoy variety of the game, diffently not a sim but still play worthy especially online.
You say it is not worth it but you vote that it is. Which one is it ?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
N30CHAOS

II SGT CHAOS II's Gamercard

What I basically trying to say in my post was that 1200 MS Points for this XBL game (any XBL game for that matter) is a little high as you only get 1600 MS Points for $20 bills but you will not feel ripped off having paid it once you get into it and start playing.

Your initial post asked if the game worth the points - answer is YES
Your asked if 1200 MS Points is too much for the game - answer is YES
Your also asked if the game makes you happy or regretful - answer if HAPPY
Old 06-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
ruff
Banned User

kuma ruff's Gamercard
It's not but I bought 1600 points with store credit so eh, if you got points to burn, why not?
ruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
Oryan

Send a message via AIM to Oryan Send a message via MSN to Oryan

i0ryaN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Geometry Wars - Silver   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My store lets us return microsoft cards - so I scratch them and say the number is invalid and that microsoft told me to return it and get another one... Idiots

So far this is my second "free" 1600 card.

BTW - I bought the game just now and I'm excited to play...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #14
PaleGringo

Send a message via AIM to PaleGringo Send a message via MSN to PaleGringo Send a message via Yahoo to PaleGringo

PaleGringo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryan
My store lets us return microsoft cards - so I scratch them and say the number is invalid and that microsoft told me to return it and get another one... Idiots

So far this is my second "free" 1600 card.

BTW - I bought the game just now and I'm excited to play...
That is tantamount to stealing, you know. One of these days, that can come back and bite you in the ass.

PaleGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #15
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleGringo
That is tantamount to stealing, you know. One of these days, that can come back and bite you in the ass.
Your startin to sound like Earl

The karma argument again

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #16
The Perfect Gun
Banned User

I always did that with 12 month trials. I have 4 more years of this for free .
Old 07-02-2006, 03:40 AM   #17
lPwnl ZiN0 v1

IPwnI%20ZiN0%20v1's Gamercard
well anyway the free points only come with the standalone xboxlive pack, not the console
lPwnl ZiN0 v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:32 AM   #18
DaVoR 73

DaVor 73's Gamercard
1200 seems steep.

HMM
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #19
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Yeah 1200 is way too much for a pool game.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #20
absolutehell

absoluteHELL's Gamercard
Yeah 1200 points for this game is way too much...maybe 400

Anyways I think games like Small Arms and Castle Crashers will prob be 1200 points and will probably be worth it.

Thanks to GSDragon for the sig!

absolutehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #21
Sweet666Kraven

Send a message via MSN to Sweet666Kraven

Krav3n xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I have a free code for this game which I am willing to trade for a code that hasnt been used for another game. The reason being me and my bro wanted to get live and we got a free card each but we only need one, so if anyone would like to trade ANY other arcade game for this, I would do it gladly, so just reply here or hit me up with a PM or an Xbox Live message, my name is Sweet666Kraven.
Sweet666Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
J2 Da R

JohnRich is J2's Gamercard

I said no, but I also have it for free since my friend bought it then quit XBL and now I have his silver account with the game

J2 Da R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #23
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I traded my UNO code for the Bankshot code =D

But I wouldn't have gotten it with points, even though it was a good game it is nowhere near 1,200.

I'd pay 1,200 for Worms though.
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #24
r3bel 117

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet666Kraven View Post
I have a free code for this game which I am willing to trade for a code that hasnt been used for another game. The reason being me and my bro wanted to get live and we got a free card each but we only need one, so if anyone would like to trade ANY other arcade game for this, I would do it gladly, so just reply here or hit me up with a PM or an Xbox Live message, my name is Sweet666Kraven.
yea same thing happened with me, so if anybody wants this game, you can either hit me up with some cash over paypal or trade for another xbla game.
just reply here or pm me.

cheers
r3bel 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #25
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3bel 117 View Post
yea same thing happened with me, so if anybody wants this game, you can either hit me up with some cash over paypal or trade for another xbla game.
just reply here or pm me.

cheers
^^^Hook it up r3bel! Give me a good price for it. I downloaded the demo and it seems pretty cool, but I was hesitant to fork out 1200 points for it. I am a true billiards fan however.

Facebook ME!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #26
r3bel 117

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
alright i'll pm you and we can sort something out.

if anybody else is keen, just let me know.
r3bel 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #27
Dr Buttcrack

Yea, it's definetely worth $15.
Dr Buttcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #28
R Rated Love

R Rated Love's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I say no. Played it with a friend, definitely not worth it. I think any live game above 400 pts is too much, to be honest.

I did not receive it with my XBL either. I subscribed soon after Live came out, and I got Mechassault, which is not my type of game. Since then they've continued to charge my credit card. Sort of wish they wouldnt, since the starter kit comes with 12 months, plus the free game, 200 points, and the $20 off rebate for a game. And a new headset wouldn't hurt me.
R Rated Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #29
Corizzle

Corey31's Gamercard
Not worth it, especially with the amount of choices on the XBL marketplace now, there are many more 400 and 800 point games worth the money more then this one.

I got it free with Live which I have to say it is an ok pack-in.

Corizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #30
jiggle 101

jiggle 101's Gamercard
good game but no
jiggle 101 is offline   Reply With Quote