PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread.

They can be found HERE.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Waves, waves and even more waves. Looking foward to do Rope-a-Dope as soon as possible!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
All in all they look pretty decent and spread out around all the things you can do in the DLC. Only thing that worries me is completing all the challenges, but nothing is impossible right?
Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does not sound good to me. I was expecting a story driven DLC and they are shoving this up our asses. And we will play, just because it has achievements.

At least it's not another multiplayer DLC like Bioshock 2 had

And to be completely honest, bioshock 2 had a Challenges DLC too and it wasn't hard at all.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Lollipopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
All in all they look pretty decent and spread out around all the things you can do in the DLC. Only thing that worries me is completing all the challenges, but nothing is impossible right?
Its like in a wave knock off all enemies using skylines, should be somewhat fun
Lollipopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
I'm trying to figure out if the challenges are level specific or not. I only missed like 3 ribbons on the first stage. Having to go through all the rounds on the first arena again would be too annoying..

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMichaels86 View Post
I'm trying to figure out if the challenges are level specific or not. I only missed like 3 ribbons on the first stage. Having to go through all the rounds on the first arena again would be too annoying..
Yes they are all level-specific and yes you have to start from WAVE 1 again if you fuck up!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yes they are all level-specific and yes you have to start from WAVE 1 again if you fuck up!!!
How many waves?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
How many waves?
I'm did only the first one yet in The OPS Zeal and it has 15 waves. Also started to freeze there the very first time. Fucking idiots can't get things straight...
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm did only the first one yet in The OPS Zeal and it has 15 waves. Also started to freeze there the very first time. Fucking idiots can't get things straight...
If you're already playing (and pretty far in the DLC as it looks like), how hard are the new achievements?

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
If you're already playing (and pretty far in the DLC as it looks like), how hard are the new achievements?
As most of the people assume I'd say the challenges are the once that keep you playing the DLC besides the leaderboards system.

If you fail for any reason any challenge you have to start from WAVE 1 again.

As I've mentioned above, I managed to get to WAVE 15 final round and game frozes for the very first time. I already unlocked two achievements and was close to the weapon/vigor ones. Now that I've rebooted my Xbox I have to do everything again. Such things fuck me really up and I don't want to hear any excuses from the developers. Either do it right or LEAVE IT AT ALL...

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 07-30-2013 at 03:34 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I hope these aren't as hard as Dishonored's Challenges/Trials, because that's the vibe I'm getting from this DLC.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I hope these aren't as hard as Dishonored's Challenges/Trials, because that's the vibe I'm getting from this DLC.
Man I don't know. I haven't played the damn game for exactly 4 months now and I'm stuck at WAVE 15...not with the challenges but with simply completing and killing those two Handymen and the Motorized Patriot. I get fucked as soon as I spawn. Time to get my A game back.

Talking about challenges if I can't even complete it normally.

Also no news so far for difficulty settings. I checked them and it says HARD and I can't even change them.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
My thoughts exactly coming into this thread. I just played through and completed the dunwall trials dlc and I could do without banging my head against a wall for hours at a time again!
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
sucker

Quote:
Man I don't know. I haven't played the damn game for exactly 4 months now and I'm stuck at WAVE 15...not with the challenges but with simply completing and killing those two Handymen and the Motorized Patriot. I get fucked as soon as I spawn. Time to get my A game back.

Talking about challenges if I can't even complete it normally.

Also no news so far for difficulty settings. I checked them and it says HARD and I can't even change them.
Are all the achievements offline? So you mean every time you get to wave 15 your game freezes right? And you have to do all over again and when you get to wave 15, it freezes AGAIN?? Wow, if that so then it's really fucking annoying
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
The hard part for wave 15 is killing them all with different vigors for the challenge without dying. I got 1 handyman and patriot, then accidentally killed one with my last bullet. This is just for the first map, there's 3 more to go... I'm not sure if I have the will to do this

Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucker View Post
Are all the achievements offline? So you mean every time you get to wave 15 your game freezes right? And you have to do all over again and when you get to wave 15, it freezes AGAIN?? Wow, if that so then it's really fucking annoying
Yup all of the achievements are OFFLINE but it only froze one time at wave 15. Just managed to do it. Hope it won't happen again.

You can also only save your profile (auto/manual saving) when you go back to the COLUMBIAN ARCHEOLOGICAL SOCIETY hence restarting at WAVE 1 if you return.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Anyone know how to get Missile Defense System Achievement? - "In CitC, kill an enemy with splash damage by shooting a rocket out of the air."

I keep shooting rockets kind of far from them but nothing happens. I'm even using the skyline.
MissJaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJaded View Post
Anyone know how to get Missile Defense System Achievement? - "In CitC, kill an enemy with splash damage by shooting a rocket out of the air."

I keep shooting rockets kind of far from them but nothing happens. I'm even using the skyline.
This was my very first achievement. I would recommend the first arena, when they are standing on the highest central platform. I guess mine was just luck.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #20
mpleeds

mpleeds's Gamercard
lazy game designers

I'm downloading this right now. If what I gather from reading the previous posts is true I'm already annoyed with this DLC. Horde modes where you fight succesive waves of enemies is a lazy and lame way to expand a game.

Achievements percentage: 88.53%
Points percentage: 87.23
mpleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
jimbo913

jimbo91375's Gamercard
Yeah, I was excited when I saw that there was new DLC out for this game. Then that excitement turned to sheer dread. I guess my hopes for maintaing a complete game have been dashed. BTW, love the Bertrand Russell avatar.

jimbo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
Lollipopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo913 View Post
Yeah, I was excited when I saw that there was new DLC out for this game. Then that excitement turned to sheer dread. I guess my hopes for maintaing a complete game have been dashed. BTW, love the Bertrand Russell avatar.
People say its not as hard as dishonored and I got through most of those achievements before giving up, this cant be to hard
Lollipopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
I usually hate horde modes but this one is quite fun, theres not like 500 enemies each wave there's kust a few to concentrate on and if you are going for the blue ribbons it makes for some interesting kills although having to restart at wave 1 for the ribbons is also annoying.
Currently 54720

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
People say its not as hard as dishonored and I got through most of those achievements before giving up, this cant be to hard
Comparing this with Dishonored > FAIL. Have fun with the challenges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRelentlessx View Post
I usually hate horde modes but this one is quite fun, theres not like 500 enemies each wave there's kust a few to concentrate on and if you are going for the blue ribbons it makes for some interesting kills although having to restart at wave 1 for the ribbons is also annoying.
Agreed. I mean even if you die you automatically fail the challenge and you have to start from wave 1 to restart it.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Comparing this with Dishonored > FAIL. Have fun with the challenges...

Agreed. I mean even if you die you automatically fail the challenge and you have to start from wave 1 to restart it.
Does every ribbon fail if you die? or do you just have to try for the challenges you failed in the past?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
Does every ribbon fail if you die? or do you just have to try for the challenges you failed in the past?
As soon as you successfully complete one challenge it remains unlocked. Only the challenge that you are doing right now for each wave will fail if you die, not the other once, so you only have to re-do the one that you failed but you have to start from scratch, i.e. wave 1.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
Kooky Cow 32

Kooky Cow 32's Gamercard
Quote:
Froze for me on wave 15 too. Died, got stuck in a loop of respawning into an instant death, then after about the 3rd or 4th respawn, it just froze. It remembers my score on the leaderboards but nothing else! They definitely need to patch this soon!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #28
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was toying around trying to get Rope-a-Dope and here is how I got it. I hope it helps out. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds.

This achievement can be obtained in any level of the "Clash In The Clouds" DLC. The video is from the first level called "The Ops Zeal".
I upgraded the Undertow vigor to have a longer range of use.The very fist wave is the best time to do this since the enemies are the weakest. make sure to clear the rest of the enemies and leave one so you can get set up in peace. I simply shot an enemy off a high platform onto a lower one but not low enough to kill. I then Held the vigor button to use undertow to pull the enemy back to me. Finally I shot the poor enemy one last time for the kill. You don't actually have to shoot the enemy off the edge of the map where they would fall to there doom if you didn't pull them back.

This achievement is obtained in the "Clash In The Clouds" DLC. The video is from the first level called "The Ops Zeal".
I upgraded the Bucking Bronco vigor to be able to lift 2 enemies just to make it a little bit easier. Wave 6 is where you will have an enemy with a rocket launcher in the middle of the map on a raised platform firing down. Go to the far right from where you spawn into a room. Kill the enemy in there and wait for a few guys to rush you. You may want to weaken them a bit before you get started but it's not really necessary. Simply using Bucking Bronco to lift the enemies and stand where you have direct line of sight from the rocket enemy. Fire when the rocket is in between the floating enemies. If the rocket hits and kills them directly it doesn't count for the achievement.

Last edited by WORLDEATER; 07-31-2013 at 05:47 AM.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #29
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Cow 32 View Post
Froze for me on wave 15 too. Died, got stuck in a loop of respawning into an instant death, then after about the 3rd or 4th respawn, it just froze. It remembers my score on the leaderboards but nothing else! They definitely need to patch this soon!
So I am not the only one, thank you sir! Also I want to point out that the developers were kinda lazy with the 195 list. Only one achievement for the challenges!? Really!?? They could have at least put a few more in for earning/completing 15,30,45 challenges and so on. What eventually will sum up to a fully 250 ....but yeah who gives a fuck...

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 07-30-2013 at 06:29 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
jimbo913

jimbo91375's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRelentlessx View Post
I'm sure someone will enjoy this, but not me. Life is too short for BS DLC (and turkey bacon btw).

jimbo913 is offline   Reply With Quote