PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Burial at Sea - Part 1
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Hey! You still need to play the first BioShock, right?
Yes I've been very bad in delaying myself to buy that game. I don't know why!

Quote:
I know what you mean, but I feel like we've seen everything we needed to see in Columbia. Jumping back to lead to Vox in an uprising would feel too samey-same with the reality in the core game where the Vox rebelled against Fink and you took a break from fighting them for a while until Fitzroy thought Booker was an impostor and ordered them to attack you.
You make a good point, but from what I've seen in past 2010/2011 demos for Infinite, there was so much good material that was scrapped and it could have been introduced in a Columbia-based DLC. Like sky-lines being A LOT more prominent, or Elizabeth having powers beyond her "tears" that work in tandem with Booker's vigors. Stuff like that which was cut could have been awesome in a DLC.

But it's all good. All the articles and interviews with Levine about Burial at Sea will still satisfy my needs. I'm really excited to see how it all plays out!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #32
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Yes I've been very bad in delaying myself to buy that game. I don't know why!

You make a good point, but from what I've seen in past 2010/2011 demos for Infinite, there was so much good material that was scrapped and it could have been introduced in a Columbia-based DLC. Like sky-lines being A LOT more prominent, or Elizabeth having powers beyond her "tears" that work in tandem with Booker's vigors. Stuff like that which was cut could have been awesome in a DLC.

But it's all good. All the articles and interviews with Levine about Burial at Sea will still satisfy my needs. I'm really excited to see how it all plays out!
I wouldn't count out the possibility just yet. They mentioned 3 story-based DLCs. Burial at Sea is only 2. And if they seriously consider CitC as one of those DLCs, well... I can't imagine they would. Because it isn't. And I'll be more than a little pissed if all we get out of the season pass is just that and Burial parts 1&2. I guess time will tell.

EDIT: Okay... So it looks like CitC is seriously just bullshit filler until Burial gets here. Jesus. When are developers gonna learn that this isn't the kind of content gamers want to pay for? I mean, it's decent. But all the unlockables, concept art, models, etc, shouldn't be rewards in an add-on. That just makes CitC feel like a cop-out. As if "trials" dlc isn't bad enough. The best they can up with for completing them is content that should've been rewarded for completing the game.

God. Way to take a direct cue from Dishonored's first wretched attempt at fitting DLC, Irrational/Levine. This situation is identical.

Meh. At least both devs are getting the final two packs right.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 08-02-2013 at 04:44 AM.
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #33
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
All I have to say about the dlc being in Rapture is yes, yes, hell yes. Columbia was such a disappointing world after Rapture and I'm glad to have it back.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #34
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
EDIT: Okay... So it looks like CitC is seriously just bullshit filler until Burial gets here. Jesus. When are developers gonna learn that this isn't the kind of content gamers want to pay for? I mean, it's decent. But all the unlockables, concept art, models, etc, shouldn't be rewards in an add-on. That just makes CitC feel like a cop-out. As if "trials" dlc isn't bad enough. The best they can up with for completing them is content that should've been rewarded for completing the game.

God. Way to take a direct cue from Dishonored's first wretched attempt at fitting DLC, Irrational/Levine. This situation is identical.

Meh. At least both devs are getting the final two packs right.
Not sure why Arkane Studios did it with Dishonored (because the trials over there sucked) but Levine's reasoning behind CiTC is that of honoring the fans who enjoyed the combat in the game. I can understand that and get behind it though. I'm not complaining, only disappointed not all three batches of content were story-driven.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #35
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Pumpkin King said, I wouldn't count too much out just yet because of

Quote:
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode One
Come back to Rapture in a story that finds Booker and Elizabeth on the eve of the underwater city's fall from grace. Developed by Irrational Games, the developer of the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this DLC features Rapture as you’ve never seen it before—a shining jewel at the bottom of the ocean, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite: new weapons, new Plasmids/Vigors, Tears, Sky-Lines, and Big Daddies.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Some new, solid info. Right from the home page!

Quote:
BioShock Infinite's upcoming two-part Burial at Sea DLC campaign add-on will be putting players into the blue dress of Elizabeth, and Irrational has been discussing her new role as protagonist and the gameplay mechanics you can expect when adopting a first-person view with Booker's companion. She won't control like "Booker in a dress," the developer assures.

“With the player getting the opportunity to see how Liz is experiencing the world through first person, we have to be ever so careful to not betray what the player has already experienced of Liz in Infinite and what they're going to experience of Liz in the first part of the DLC,” said Level Designer Amanda Jeffrey.

“That's always foremost in our mind, because Liz is such a different character to Booker, and if we were to just put Booker in a dress, then that would be the most awful betrayal of what we're doing for Liz, and players would just feel like it was a cheap way out, and that's not something that we want to do. So we don't have all of the answers yet for it, but we are very, very, very much aware of all of the dangers that we need to try and avoid.”

Since she won't play anything like Booker, Elizabeth's approach will be more strategic, avoiding combat encounters altogether in some cases. She'll also be able to open Tears, although Irrational is still deciding to what extent Elizabeth's Tear abilities will be playable.

“We're still trying to work out exactly how extensive Liz's tear abilities will be in the playable Liz sequence,” Jeffrey continued. “I hesitate to say too much about what we have just now, because it's entirely possible it will change in the next few weeks. I will say, though, that Elizabeth and her tear abilities are not necessarily a ‘win button.’"

The first part of BioShock Infinite Burial at Sea will take Elizabeth to the depths of Rapture, and will be releasing soon, although a date has yet to be confirmed. Burial at Sea: Episode Two is apparently still early in development, and is slated to release sometime before March 2014. Each Burial at Sea episode will cost 1200 MSP, or you can get it as part of the Season Pass for 1600 MSP. You can also get the Clash in the Clouds DLC now for 400 MSP.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #37
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
A nice picture too, wonder what Elizabeth's trying to do with the little sister here. Defending it from something, or kidnapping it for various misdeeds? Who knows, with the whole new "femme fatale" look she's got.

"Since she won't play anything like Booker, Elizabeth's approach will be more strategic, avoiding combat encounters altogether in some cases. She'll also be able to open Tears, although Irrational is still deciding to what extent Elizabeth's Tear abilities will be playable."

And this sounds like a more traditional BioShock (1) approach, more methodical with how you take on a group of guys in a tight room, as opposed to BioShock Infinite's combat where you blast everyone in sight as quickly as possible.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #38
Aiaya
Subscribing Member

Aiaya's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I'd LOVE to have Sander Cohen back
Sander Cohen is a favorite of mine. Man, that guy was ridiculous - in all the best ways. I'd love to see him and Booker cross paths.

"If you stay here too long,
you'll end up frying your brain.
Yes, you will.
No, you will...not.
Yesno, you will won't."
-
Guy in Moonside. Earthbound.

Sig by the amazing XxLil Raver xX!
Aiaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #39
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
Saw a tweet a couple of days ago from Ken Levine confirming we are going to be seeing some new interesting areas of Rapture both pre and post civil war.

I honestly can't wait for this.
Currently 58880

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #40
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
A nice picture too, wonder what Elizabeth's trying to do with the little sister here. Defending it from something, or kidnapping it for various misdeeds? Who knows, with the whole new "femme fatale" look she's got.

/snip
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say she's kidnapping it.

Also, I wanna see the new vigors already! I got so giddy every time I picked up a new one during my playthrough of Infinite.

I'm really hoping this is out before mid December.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #41
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is great news. I am currently reading Rapture. The story does a great job describing the rise of Rapture and some of the characters. This new DLC will be even more enjoyable with the backstory from the book to go with it. Ken Levine is a tremendous story teller. The attention to detail really creates a rich experience.

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #42
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
I absolutely loved that book.

Question: if we are goimg back to rapture shouldn't we be using plasmids not vigors?
Currently 58880

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

she's even hotter

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #44
LickableLemons7

She's still wearing that choker. The dove's on there.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #45
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Doesn't this release tomorrow?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #46
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by animusVOXone View Post
Doesn't this release tomorrow?
Pretty sure it isn't. There's been no release date announced. Where'd you hear this?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #47
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Quote:
Pretty sure it isn't. There's been no release date announced. Where'd you hear this?
I don't remember where it was, but I thought I read somewhere August 13th as a release date.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #48
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by animusVOXone View Post
I don't remember where it was, but I thought I read somewhere August 13th as a release date.
I tried googling around for a bit, don't see anything. Nothing on Ken Levine's twitter either.

Payday 2 is out tomorrow, as well as some Phineas and Ferb game. I got nothing on Burial.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #49
animusVOXone

Neditch's Gamercard
Ya I have been doing some searches too and couldn't find anything. Hopefully both chapters are released soon.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #50
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Ken Levine said Episode One will be out before Next Gen hits and Episode Two before March '14.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #51
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post

she's even hotter
Wow, she looks great

And I expected this to be out mid December, but if Levine is saying before next-gen then maybe in October.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #52
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The more I read about this DLC, the more excited I get. Remaking Rapture, playing as Elizabeth, new Vigors- all of this just seems to be amazingly awesome. The great part about it is that Irrational has an impeccable standard for excellence so I know these last two DLC's are going to be good, if not above and beyond the awesomeness of the main game.
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
hopesfall2win

hopesfall2own's Gamercard
"..before march 2014"

A fucking year to release a real piece of DLC? Fucking serious? What a joke, season passes are such a joke.

^ Props to DEG23 for sig ^
hopesfall2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #54
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall2win View Post
"..before march 2014"

A fucking year to release a real piece of DLC? Fucking serious? What a joke, season passes are such a joke.
Read the entire sentence before what you quoted, the first episode will be released before next-gen so no it's not "a fucking year to release a real piece of DLC" as Xbox One is releasing in November it will be released before then. Read thoroughly before whining and looking foolish.

Would you rather them completely rush it like Gearbox did for Borderlands 2 and have half of the content turn out to be garbage? Stop buying season passes if you are just going to senselessly cry about it not coming fast enough.

I'd rather have DLC be lengthy and contain substance and feel fulfilled when i'm finished playing it, which is exactly how both of the Burial At Sea episodes will turn out i'm sure. I'm excited but have no issue waiting for it to be developed properly and blow me away when it's finally released.
MabusScarab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #55
hopesfall2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
Read the entire sentence before what you quoted, the first episode will be released before next-gen so no it's not "a fucking year to release a real piece of DLC" as Xbox One is releasing in November it will be released before then. Read thoroughly before whining and looking foolish.

Would you rather them completely rush it like Gearbox did for Borderlands 2 and have half of the content turn out to be garbage? Stop buying season passes if you are just going to senselessly cry about it not coming fast enough.

I'd rather have DLC be lengthy and contain substance and feel fulfilled when i'm finished playing it, which is exactly how both of the Burial At Sea episodes will turn out i'm sure. I'm excited but have no issue waiting for it to be developed properly and blow me away when it's finally released.
The first episode isn't even going to have any combat, so how long do you really expect it to be? And yeah, to release something 6 months later that's just story [which should be good, but no doubt short], and then the same wait to "complete" the first piece of DLC.. yeah, I get annoyed. 6 months wait for what will probably be 2-3 hours max of content.

I bought the season pass because I generally like everything Bioshock, but if the content is just a damn shooting gallery 5 months later followed by another up to 7 months just to get the content I already paid for.. again, lame. So yeah I probably won't do anymore season passes.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #56
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Dangggg, I really wanna play this! Really hoping it comes out first week of October! Maybe even on the 1st (my birthday ).

Quote:
The first episode isn't even going to have any combat, so how long do you really expect it to be? And yeah, to release something 6 months later that's just story [which should be good, but no doubt short], and then the same wait to "complete" the first piece of DLC.. yeah, I get annoyed. 6 months wait for what will probably be 2-3 hours max of content.

I bought the season pass because I generally like everything Bioshock, but if the content is just a damn shooting gallery 5 months later followed by another up to 7 months just to get the content I already paid for.. again, lame. So yeah I probably won't do anymore season passes.
Where on earth did you hear this? And to claim the two story DLC pieces will be short is a crazy assumption. For all you know, each could be 6 hours long...which is fucking awesome for DLC.

And your second paragraph makes no sense. You're saying Burial at Sea will be another shooting gallery after Clash in the Clouds? Didn't you just assume there's going to be no combat?

Last edited by BiggD; 09-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #57
hopesfall2win

I read it on Gamespot but I can't find the link anywhere.. regardless.. I'm done, I hope it's good, but 6-12 months to get content you already paid for is absurd. It's hard to get back into the world after such a long time.. it's like it's fractured content instead of a continuation..

No i didn't say Burial at Sea will be a shooting gallery, that was Clash in the Clouds that took 5 months to release.

Last edited by hopesfall2win; 09-03-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #58
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I read it on Gamespot but I can't find the link anywhere.. regardless.. I'm done, I hope it's good, but 6-12 months to get content you already paid for is absurd. It's hard to get back into the world after such a long time.. it's like it's fractured content instead of a continuation..

No i didn't say Burial at Sea will be a shooting gallery, that was Clash in the Clouds that took 5 months to release.
Lol, I 100% guarantee that Episode One will have combat. What kind of video game that's an FPS at heart doesn't have combat? If it's just cinematics and exploring, it's not an FPS video game by definition - which is what BioShock Infinite truly is at its core. I'm sure the article was wrong or maybe you misunderstood it.

That's how Season Passes work though...the content is delivered at a steady pace for about 7-12 months, usually starting a couple months after the release of the game.

The purpose behind a Season Pass is for the buyer to get a discounted price for all the DLC within the Pack. It's not so that they get the content quicker. I understand you're saying it's hard to get back into a game after so long...but if one likes the game to begin with, I see no struggle in hopping right back into the BioShock universe. Besides, there are other games to play in the mean time. I'd rather get my fix of BioShock spaced out between October and March of next year, rather than be overwhelmed and get everything at once.

Look at Max Payne 3: Released May 2012. The Season Pass contained 4 pieces of DLC that were released at a steady pace through the rest of the year: July, October, December, January. All the DLC was well done and a shit load of content, despite people's complaints that it was focused on Multiplayer.

Or Borderlands 2: Released September 2012. The Season Pass contained 5 pieces of DLC: October, November, March, April, June. More than half of the DLC's were utter crap because Gearbox rushed them out just a month after the game was released.

Most DLC is made before the game even ships out to retailers around the globe. Which is pathetic, seeing as the Developers are making post-game content before the game is even out.

You should be content that Irrational is taking so long with their DLC. All of it (including Clash in the Clouds) was made post-launch from scratch. Especially Burial at Sea. Rarely nothing from the main game nor from the original Bioshock was used in the development of the DLC. All brand new stuff...which is really impressive.

If that doesn't help you understand things clearer, and still only frustrates you...then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by BiggD; 09-04-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #59
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphgood6 View Post
Idiots make me angry.

Who's the idiot, Mr. Spammer?

Old 09-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #60
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
I read it on Gamespot but I can't find the link anywhere..
You can't find the link anywhere because it didn't exist, there's been nothing released that states the first episode will have no combat it's likely just more selective reading on your behalf. Did you think it was going to be like 2 hours of cut scenes and no gameplay?

Never heard someone complain and rage so hard about having to wait on quality DLC to be released. Do you have any concept at all how much goes into developing game content? It's not like some of these developers that already have it created and then release it a month later to make extra money instead of including it with the retail copy.
MabusScarab is online now   Reply With Quote