PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
Valery1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4zyFr0ggg View Post
Nope, it seems that you will fail the challenge even with having extra life 'equipped'. I tried it on OPS Zeal, wave 5. I had the Pistol and Hand Cannon equipped. I let the handyman kill me, and after i came back, i killed the handyman with the hand cannon. After killing him, it said that the Challenge failed!

So the 'extra life' just seems to be there to keep your score. But the challenge will fail. However, this might still need confirmation.
I can confirm I didn't fail wave 15 challenge reviving, however I bought the revive inside the armory (not by the door in the arena).
Maybe you either bought your revive in the arena (odd it doesn't work however) or you accidentally hit him with something else (those things happen 90% of the time to me)
Valery1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4zyFr0ggg View Post
Nope, it seems that you will fail the challenge even with having extra life 'equipped'. I tried it on OPS Zeal, wave 5. I had the Pistol and Hand Cannon equipped. I let the handyman kill me, and after i came back, i killed the handyman with the hand cannon. After killing him, it said that the Challenge failed!

So the 'extra life' just seems to be there to keep your score. But the challenge will fail. However, this might still need confirmation.
Ok then, I will simply test and confirm this with WAVE 1, nice and easy. About the Handyman challenge, yeah I've noticed the same but that's something different. I tried to kill him too with the Handcannon and as soon as he healthbar was gone and the exploding animation starts the challenge was failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery1986 View Post
I can confirm I didn't fail wave 15 challenge reviving, however I bought the revive inside the armory (not by the door in the arena).
That's freaking good news, so we don't have to start from wave 1 at all if we fail but where is the armory!?

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 07-31-2013 at 12:20 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #33
Gustertote

GusteRyu's Gamercard
Here's a video guide showing how to get All Blue ribbons on waves 1-15 on Ops Zeal:

Waves 1-4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJzGucUiXs
Waves 5-8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfXnGJ_f9gQ
Waves 9-11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftlkH2Jft0E
Waves 12-14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlrJWWZ7k0
Wave 15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvsaRgv_Cg

Enjoy!

Last edited by Gustertote; 07-31-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Gustertote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
Cr4zyFr0ggg

Cr4zyFr0ggg's Gamercard
Quote:
Maybe you either bought your revive in the arena (odd it doesn't work however) or you accidentally hit him with something else (those things happen 90% of the time to me)
Yes, you're right. I have edited my post already. I must have hit him with something else (maybe equipped Gear failed me the challenge)!

Also, i bought my extra life from inside the map, not the armory. So it doesn't matter where you buy it - extra life will help you keep the score and the challenge!

Last edited by Cr4zyFr0ggg; 07-31-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Cr4zyFr0ggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #35
Valery1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Ok then, I will simply test and confirm this with WAVE 1, nice and easy. About the Handyman challenge, yeah I've noticed the same but that's something different. I tried to kill him too with the Handcannon and as soon as he healthbar was gone and the exploding animation starts the challenge was failed.

That's freaking good news, so we don't have to start from wave 1 at all if we fail but where is the armory!?
The room where you get your equipment for every wave, there is door that lets you buy a revive!

I don't think the achievement is THAT bad btw, I'm very rusty at the game and not the best @ fps and still manage to get at least 7-8 ribbons on a new arena without knowing they layout and spawns.

However what will make it or break it for me is the final arena, I'm gonna try it soon and post a feedback. So far the only very very hard arena is n° 2.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
The room where you get your equipment for every wave, there is door that lets you buy a revive!
Yeah I already knew that I was just confused cause I didn't know that you can also buy a revive/extra-life in the actual arena. I saw all the other tears there but never any of them.

Edit: Alright I checked everywhere, so WHERE EXACTLY can you buy revive/extra-life in the arena, I only found medical kits!? Thanks in advance.

Hey xRelentlessx you should definitely point that out in your guide. This is really helpful.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 07-31-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #37
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
Managed to do Round 15 Ops Zeal challenge.

Weapons used: Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher.

First i killed handyman in sniper tower at middle of the map. He doesn't leave that are if i'm not mistaken. Few rockets and Devils kiss got the job done.

Now i went after the Patriot. Really easy to kill whit couple of sniper shots and Return to Sender Vigor (Sender Aid upgrade needed).

I had one Handyman left. I ran around the map shooting rockets at him until his health was pretty low. I used Murder of Crows to stun him and attacked whit Charge Vigor. Couple of Charges and he was dead.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #38
Valery1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaska95 View Post
Managed to do Round 15 Ops Zeal challenge.

Weapons used: Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher.

First i killed handyman in sniper tower at middle of the map. He doesn't leave that are if i'm not mistaken. Few rockets and Devils kiss got the job done.

Now i went after the Patriot. Really easy to kill whit couple of sniper shots and Return to Sender Vigor (Sender Aid upgrade needed).

I had one Handyman left. I ran around the map shooting rockets at him until his health was pretty low. I used Murder of Crows to stun him and attacked whit Charge Vigor. Couple of Charges and he was dead.
I really don't get how you manage to have the middle handyman stand still, they both rush me or shot me the uber electric ball that almost ohko me! @_@
Old 07-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #39
Kugare

kugare's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah I already knew that I was just confused cause I didn't know that you can also buy a revive/extra-life in the actual arena. I saw all the other tears there but never any of them.

Edit: Alright I checked everywhere, so WHERE EXACTLY can you buy revive/extra-life in the arena, I only found medical kits!? Thanks in advance.

Hey xRelentlessx you should definitely point that out in your guide. This is really helpful.
if you bought an extra life and die, go through the door and look behind you... the door is still there and you can buy some more lifes... i never notice a door before in the arena, so maybe this is the only way to let them appear? but i'm not sure about this.

i also wanna know how many lifes you can buy... only 3? or can you buy even more lifes if you die and have enough money?

maybe you can safe a lot of money, play until wave x, die until you complete the challenge or dashboard (if you fail) to keep the money?... this would make some challenges expensive, but easy/easier.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #40
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
Quote:
I really don't get how you manage to have the middle handyman stand still, they both rush me or shot me the uber electric ball that almost ohko me! @_@
I thought that the middle Handyman was supposed to stay in the tower . Maybe bug of some sort? When to round started i shot one rocket and one Devils Kiss at him and he never left the tower.
Maybe it has something to do whit leaving his area of sight? I never went to area under him until he had died. I used skylines and warehouses to shoot at him.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #41
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRelentlessx View Post
[*]Defeat the wave using only Machine guns or the Crank gun (Soldiers and Heavys with Volley Gun) - This one is fairly simple, just be careful when attacking the enemy with the Volley gun, if you accidently hit one of his projectiles and it does damage to the enemy this will fail the challenge.
Yo you definitely need to point out that you MUST HAVE MACHINE GUNS EQUIPPED ONLY (Wave 4). I failed so many times there cause my secondary was any other than a machine gun!

Quote:
[*][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]Defeat the wave using only the Pistol and Hand Cannon (Handyman) - This challenge is against a single Handyman. I had fully upgraded the Hand Cannon when I completed this one and it only took 4 heart shots to take him down.
For this might wanna add, NO VIGORS ALLOWED at all.

Quote:
[*]Defeat all enemies using only Zoomable weapons while they are Zoomed (Soldiers, Snipers and Zealots) - As above, you can use the Sniper Rifle or the Vox Burstgun for this challenge, on the Sky-Lines the sole Raven won't attack so can be easily picked off with headshots.
ANY weapon that you can zoom-in with will suffice, as long as you do the killing while you are zoomed-in.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 07-31-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
Valery1986

ok, the last arena is just crazy, they really hit you too hard... I don't think I'm gonna go for Blue Ribbon, a couple challenges require too much luck, like the double kill from suicide-bomber or the crazy "kill enemies with their weapons" with 34615236125 enemies rushing you.
However I must say that the DLC was great, and I usually dislike challenge only DLCs!

Maybe I'll try some more later when i'm relaxed...
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #43
Kugare

kugare's Gamercard
Quote:
I thought that the middle Handyman was supposed to stay in the tower . Maybe bug of some sort? When to round started i shot one rocket and one Devils Kiss at him and he never left the tower.
Maybe it has something to do whit leaving his area of sight? I never went to area under him until he had died. I used skylines and warehouses to shoot at him.
In Arena 4 Wave 5 are 2 Handymans and the challenge is to kill both during they electrocuting the skyline... they killed me and i failed the challenge anyway... but both of them never moved after this! one of them was hidden on a tower in the distance and it was hard to kill them, because after shooting him with the rocket launcher he was pushed back and the only way to see/kill him was to use the skyline. x.x
Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #44
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
Quote:
Yo you definitely need to point out that you MUST HAVE MACHINE GUNS EQUIPPED ONLY (Wave 4). I failed so many times there cause my secondary was any other than a machine gun!

For this might wanna add, NO VIGORS ALLOWED at all.

ANY weapon that you can zoom-in with will suffice, as long as you do the killing while you are zoomed-in.
I did wave 4 with a machine gun and handcannon equipped and passed the challenge, as long as you don't fire your other weapon you are ok.
Currently 54720

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #45
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
I did wave 4 with a machine gun and handcannon equipped and passed the challenge, as long as you don't fire your other weapon you are ok.
Hmmm didn't worked for me. I also checked my gears and had nothing equipped that does any other additional damage. I headshot one with the machine pistol and failed the challenge right away, no other enemies were around him, I made sure of that.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #46
Lima

Revolver Ned's Gamercard
For the siren in the first arena I fully upgraded Charge and the Volley Gun. Then when it starts do a charge and pump her with that volley gun. Just like you killed Lady Comstock in singleplayer on 1999.
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #47
nekov4ego

Hey. I made an account only to help you with two waves for the Duke and Dimwit Theater.

I completed waves 13 and 15 and I see there are no instructions here, so here's what I did.
13. (Soldiers, Volley Gunners): Defeat 5 enemies with a single Devil’s Kiss blast -
hold your Vigor button and that will automatically alert the enemies. They are on a small terrace but have ranged weapons so they will all gather close to each other and try to shoot you (one or more can jump to you but ignore them). Throw one Devil's Kiss trap to them and wait for its effect to end. Then throw another, if necessary. As the enemies take similar amount of damage, all of them who try to shoot you from the platform are likely to die at the same time (i.e. one trap will cause the death itself, but you can do damage with multiple ones).

15. (Soldiers, RPG Soldiers): Complete the wave in under 1:30 – move quickly using the hooks and throw the enemies off board using the Undertow Vigor (I have it upgraded on max, so the range is increased). There are a couple on the sideway of the zeppelin itself, you can knock them off board too. Proceed to the engine room, ignore the enemies and use Bucking Bronco or Undertow if necessary not to let them kill you. Destroy the engine and leave the zeppelin. The wave will complete and you don't have to kill the enemies in the engine room. (Quick note: it may be possible to complete the wave just by destroying the engine and leaving the zeppelin. However, I had no problems killing the enemies outside of the room and still completing the optional challenge.)

Good luck everyone
nekov4ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #48
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
For the siren in the first arena I fully upgraded Charge and the Volley Gun. Then when it starts do a charge and pump her with that volley gun. Just like you killed Lady Comstock in singleplayer on 1999.
No need for all that. A fully upgraded Hail Fire will take her out in literally less than 10 seconds. As soon as you start the level, drop down and she will be there. Fire all 8 shots at her and you're done.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #49
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
How hard are these blue ribbon challenges?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #50
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekov4ego View Post
Hey. I made an account only to help you with two waves for the Duke and Dimwit Theater.

I completed waves 13 and 15 and I see there are no instructions here, so here's what I did.
13. (Soldiers, Volley Gunners): Defeat 5 enemies with a single Devil’s Kiss blast -
hold your Vigor button and that will automatically alert the enemies. They are on a small terrace but have ranged weapons so they will all gather close to each other and try to shoot you (one or more can jump to you but ignore them). Throw one Devil's Kiss trap to them and wait for its effect to end. Then throw another, if necessary. As the enemies take similar amount of damage, all of them who try to shoot you from the platform are likely to die at the same time (i.e. one trap will cause the death itself, but you can do damage with multiple ones).

Good luck everyone
Thanks for this, I tried to kick them off with Undertow haha, not so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
No need for all that. A fully upgraded Hail Fire will take her out in literally less than 10 seconds. As soon as you start the level, drop down and she will be there. Fire all 8 shots at her and you're done.
That's exactly what I did. Hail Fire is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutman69321 View Post
How hard are these blue ribbon challenges?
I'd say difficulty rating at least 5/10 since you have to restart from wave 1 if you die/fail any challenge.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #51
Valery1986

Quote:
Thanks for this, I tried to kick them off with Undertow haha, not so good.

That's exactly what I did. Hail Fire is the way to go!

I'd say difficulty rating at least 5/10 since you have to restart from wave 1 if you die/fail any challenge.
No good for me, too many enemies jump down the terrace...
How exactly did you do it? You got closer to them before letting them notice you?

Also I'd need help on two waves:
Wave 8 Arena 2: Two kills with rocket turret, maybe I have a really bad luck but it didn't seem to work for me! Do I have to posses the big rocket turret below their ship, right?
Wave 13 (?) Arena 4: Kill enemies with Bronco followed by Charge (or this is what my translation says) and every time I try Bronco-Charge combo I fail the challenge... any explanation?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #52
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
No good for me, too many enemies jump down the terrace...
How exactly did you do it? You got closer to them before letting them notice you?
This is really easy, provided you fully upgraded the Hail Fire. Jump down where the dead bodies are and as soon as the Siren comes to revive them fire away like crazy. Use Devil's Kiss in combination to do some additional damage if there is any need.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #53
Valery1986

Quote:
This is really easy, provided you fully upgraded the Hail Fire. Jump down where the dead bodies are and as soon as the Siren comes to revive them fire away like crazy. Use Devil's Kiss in combination to do some additional damage if there is any need.
Uhm yeah thanks, but I was talking about Wave 13 Arena 2, Killing 5 enemies with Devil Kiss! ^_^''
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #54
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Uhm yeah thanks, but I was talking about Wave 13 Arena 2, Killing 5 enemies with Devil Kiss! ^_^''
Oh then I misunderstood the quote, sorry. I didn't try it so far I was just saying thank you for the tip.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #55
Valery1986

Quote:
Oh then I misunderstood the quote, sorry. I didn't try it so far I was just saying thank you for the tip.
Ok thanks anyway for your answer! I'm going to try again, let's see if I can get a bit more luck this time around!

Somehow I'm having fun with this even if I'm replaying countless waves, the only very bad ones are those with the Handymans imho, not funny at all. I still need the 2 Handyman killed while electrocuting skyline in Arena 4 and I hate it! >_<
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #56
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
About round 15 on Duke and Dimwit Theater.

You don't need to kill everybody. Destroy the engine and get back to the small airship and the round ends. I'm not 100% sure about this because i had died so i couldn't get the Blue Ribbon but it should work.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #57
Valery1986

Quote:
About round 15 on Duke and Dimwit Theater.

You don't need to kill everybody. Destroy the engine and get back to the small airship and the round ends. I'm not 100% sure about this because i had died so i couldn't get the Blue Ribbon but it should work.
I had to kill them all, but it's not that hard anyway. Just try to be fast and you should be fine.

@ Blaze & Jaska:
I'm only missing the Devil Kiss 5 enemies for Arena 2 and the Bronco-Charge wave for Arena 4, do you have any tip? Especially That Arena 4 challenge, I think italian translation is wrong because it seems to fail the challenge right away! :-/
Need help with any challenge from arenas 1-2-4? I'm almost done with them so I can give you tips for waves, I think we can manage to complete that fast if we help eachother!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #58
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Ok thanks anyway for your answer! I'm going to try again, let's see if I can get a bit more luck this time around!

Somehow I'm having fun with this even if I'm replaying countless waves, the only very bad ones are those with the Handymans imho, not funny at all. I still need the 2 Handyman killed while electrocuting skyline in Arena 4 and I hate it! >_<
Yeah I know what you mean, just aggravating. Personally I found the challenges in the Raven's Dome easier than in the Duke and Dimwit theater.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #59
Valery1986

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean, just aggravating. Personally I found the challenges in the Raven's Dome easier than in the Duke and Dimwit theater.
Yeah, that's why I'm leaving raven's Dome for last, I'm just a little worried about the "all enviromental-turrets kills" and the "kill enemies while they are distracted by a decoy" (this looks hard-luck based, the decoy stays alive like 1 split second iirc and I don't know when it's safe to shot snipers)
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
MAXBOX360888

MAXBOX360888's Gamercard
does anyone know if restarting checkpoint after failing a challenge does anything ???
MAXBOX360888 is offline   Reply With Quote