PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
simonecks

Easy Bounty Help.....bus Station Glitch?

I hate to repost on the same topic, but.............

I have literally tried everything.....going up on the buses on the left, going on the ramp to the right, backing up as slow as i possibly can, nothing seems to work.....the cops always come up the ramp where i am. At first they would just come up and fall off, if i went down with them i would just hit the back button to reposition my car back on the ledge. Yesterday however, i experienced something new....everything was going good until i reached about 200,000 bounty....in my rear view mirror i noticed a cop car fly through the wall like a glitch, i wanted to make sure i wasn't just freaking out....so i waited and it happened again about 4-5 different times....the cop cars just kept flying through the wall and busting me! Has anyone else experienced this? If so, are there any suggestions? I would really like to "race" in my "racing game".....if it is at all possible.
simonecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
vicko

Blain uk's Gamercard
Hi mate, although the bus stop glitch is good cooling down can be hit and miss, i used this trick, you are guaranteed to get away with all your lovely bounty.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It is easy to go on the freeway in a loop and just keep your speed up, breaking through police roadblocks. I have done 6-7 30 minute persuits like that. Unfortunately you can only get heat level 6 with the BMW or the Lamborghini. Using my fully upgraded with junkman parts Carerra GT I can just drive fast to evade the cops at heat level 5.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
Beezwaax

Beezwaax's Gamercard
Cool glitch, but the game is not all that hard.

Beezwaax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #5
DirtyD187U

ImPuLsE80's Gamercard
Cool glitch Ill have to try it out!
DirtyD187U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 AM   #6
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not that hard ? You must have a different version to me then ! I am now on the 3rd to last guy and the one before him was difficult enough ! Perhaps they get easier then ?

Not that hard my arse !
Old 04-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
Blario777

help

i did the glitchh but how can u escape after?
Blario777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
onemorechanc

onemorechanc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blario777 View Post
i did the glitchh but how can u escape after?
For me, this is what I found to be the best way to escape (assuming you are on the right-side ramp of the bus station):

- Wait until the helicopter shows up and then leaves. If the chopper shows up when you are trying to escape, it isn't impossible, but makes it harder. Since it only shows up on a timed schedule, it's easy to avoid.
- Turn your car around on the ramp so that it is facing back into the building.
- Wait until most of the cars in the parking lot are behind (or at least under) your vehicle. You don't want any of them blocking your start because they'll all gang up on you.
- Gun it, and drive straight through the building, out the opposite side from the ramp. It's just glass (if you haven't already broken it on the way in).

(This next part is from memory, so might not be exactly right ... check your map in the game)

- Head for the road that angles to the right, follow it over a bridge (I think), and into a down-hill S-curve. There might be a roadblock, so be ready with the speedbreaker so you can aim at the easiest spot to get through without slowing yourself down.
- There will be a pursuit breaker on the way -- you *must* hit it. It's on the left side of the road.
- When the road starts to curve back towards the left, there will be a small enclosed parking lot on the right side. Go into this area and hide behind the fence/wall. (Again, check the in-game map to be sure of where it is. Better yet, drive around the area when there is no pursuit and get familiar with it.) If you can stay there long enough to get to the cool-down phase, it will have one of those spots that speeds up the cool-down. You should be hidden from the cop cars *if* you can get in before they come around the corner, but if the chopper show up you are toast.

It took me a while to figure this out on my own, but it worked for me. Might not work for everybody though. I've attached a couple of map images I found on gamefaqs.com ... I hope that's ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg need_for_speed_mw_breakers.jpg (26.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg need_for_speed_mw_hiding.jpg (26.0 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by onemorechanc; 04-29-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: grammar
onemorechanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #9
Guamon

Guamon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorechanc View Post
For me, this is what I found to be the best way to escape (assuming you are on the right-side ramp of the bus station):

- Wait until the helicopter shows up and then leaves. If the chopper shows up when you are trying to escape, it isn't impossible, but makes it harder. Since it only shows up on a timed schedule, it's easy to avoid.
- Turn your car around on the ramp so that it is facing back into the building.
- Wait until most of the cars in the parking lot are behind (or at least under) your vehicle. You don't want any of them blocking your start because they'll all gang up on you.
- Gun it, and drive straight through the building, out the opposite side from the ramp. It's just glass (if you haven't already broken it on the way in).

(This next part is from memory, so might not be exactly right ... check your map in the game)

- Head for the road that angles to the right, follow it over a bridge (I think), and into a down-hill S-curve. There might be a roadblock, so be ready with the speedbreaker so you can aim at the easiest spot to get through without slowing yourself down.
- There will be a pursuit breaker on the way -- you *must* hit it. It's on the left side of the road.
- When the road starts to curve back towards the left, there will be a small enclosed parking lot on the right side. Go into this area and hide behind the fence/wall. (Again, check the in-game map to be sure of where it is. Better yet, drive around the area when there is no pursuit and get familiar with it.) If you can stay there long enough to get to the cool-down phase, it will have one of those spots that speeds up the cool-down. You should be hidden from the cop cars *if* you can get in before they come around the corner, but if the chopper show up you are toast.

It took me a while to figure this out on my own, but it worked for me. Might not work for everybody though. I've attached a couple of map images I found on gamefaqs.com ... I hope that's ok.
Thanks for the tips, i'll give it a try
UNO, Dash of Destruction, NBA 2K6, NBA Live 06, NHL 2K6, NHL 2K7, NHL 2K8, Cars, Madden NFL 06, NHL 07, King Kong, MLB 2K6, College Hoops 2K6, Fifa 06 RTFWC, Fight Night Round 3, Fusion Frenzy 2, Superman Returns, 2006 Fifa World Cup, Madden NFL 08, NBA Street Homecourt, NCAA March Madness 07, Avatar, NFL Tour
Guamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #10
Token Blackshi

Token Blackshi's Gamercard
For those struggling to escape the cops after using the Bus Depot/Station glitch to build up Bounty, you can use the Station itself as a great spot to cooldown!!!

When you've built up enough bounty and/or achieved your milestone(s) on the exterior raised part of the station, slowly reverse back to the top of the ramp but don't go down. Instead park yourself on the top 'bridge' part that connects the two ramps. Make sure you're safely behind the railing because a copper did come up the ramp at speed to ram me, but he flew off the edge because he was going so fast! LOL

Once i had parked there, the "Evade" meter gradually went up and was quickly replaced by the "Cooldown" meter. Because its not a proper hiding place, it will fill up very slowly, but it was never interrupted, despite the fact the cops were directly below me inside the building (i could see them, maybe they couldn't see me?).

I used this method to evade the cops on Heat Level 5 TWICE late on in the game, including achieving both the 13-minute pursuit and 850,000+ bounty milestones in one go to unlock the chance to race #1 Razor! I even used the ground floor of the depot's main building to cooldown after a Level 4 pursuit through the city just before meeting Blacklist Racer #3 (again it was slow, but it was uninterrupted).

Someone else should give it a go, just to seeif it wasn't just good luck for me...
Currently playing: Def Jam Rapstar (820/1000), Kinectimals (250/1000)
Token Blackshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #11
Awesomeman

Awesomeman667's Gamercard
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to remind myself to try this method...
Old 11-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
gmorra

BringerOvRain's Gamercard
I had my doubts in the past, but I can 100% confirm that this totally works!!!

This is what works for me everytime:

- When you enter the bus stop, go up the ramp on your right.

- Be careful and break the glass so you can get a better view outside.

- On your right (directly in front of the right ramp) is a platform like thing that you can drive on top of. Drive on top of this but be careful.

- Once you are on the platform slowly drive all the way to the end and just stick the nose of your car off the edge.

- Now just chill! Go to the washroom, eat a snack, talk on the phone, etc... No cop will get you but they will go crazy and your bounty will crawl higher and higher. When you feel you have enough bounty, reverse back into the bus station as carefully as possible not to fall off. Once inside place the side of your car right up against the glass which acts as a railing to the bottom of the bus station. Stay there and postion yourself right in the centre, that way if a cop does drive up they will drive right out the window and not hit you at all!

- Badda Bing! You have just evaded the pursuit!

Hope this helps all of you! Ohh and remember, you need to get the cops attention before you go into the bus station and they need to follow you inside. Might be a bit of trail & error for some but you all will get it!

Last edited by gmorra; 11-03-2009 at 02:40 PM.
gmorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
ril14ey

Just picked this up again and will have to try this method out
Thanks for the tips
Old 12-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
gmorra

Has my method helped anyone?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
5p1n47

xXx5p1n47xXx's Gamercard
Just to let you know this video has been removed.
Boosting
Black Ops 1/2 Zombies, Smackdown VS Raw(08,13,14), GTA 4/5(Co-Op & MP) Red Dead Redemption(MP)

5p1n47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
gmorra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5p1n47 View Post
Just to let you know this video has been removed.
It's all good, if my instructions are followed correctly there is no need for a video!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #17
BranksterD

BranksterD's Gamercard
Hi

Does using this glitch stop the unlocking of the achievements?
BranksterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #18
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BranksterD View Post
Hi

Does using this glitch stop the unlocking of the achievements?
No. I'm doing it now.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
narvdude

narvdude's Gamercard
Gonna start the game later. Will try the right ramp method before any other and see if it works. yo!
narvdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #20
Snowwwwy

Snowwwwy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I need to get I think one more milestone and Ill beat the game. Yet, its near impossible. Pissing me off.
Snowwwwy is offline   Reply With Quote