Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #61
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I take it the judges will be able to update the scores on time this time right?

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #62
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I take it the judges will be able to update the scores on time this time right?
Disparaging the staff is not a great way to ensure that there will be more events for the Ambassadors. Just so you are aware.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #63
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've update the OP with some info that was missing or wasn't clear. Hope it helps.

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #64
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Disparaging the staff is not a great way to ensure that there will be more events for the Ambassadors. Just so you are aware.
I'm just trying to clarify, one of the biggest faults in the last tournament was the lack of updates, in which I had to go around harassing Yunder to update the thread(s). I was just hoping that this time everything will be on time, wasn't trying to be a dick about it.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #65
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Quote:
I'm just trying to clarify, one of the biggest faults in the last tournament was the lack of updates, in which I had to go around harassing Yunder to update the thread(s). I was just hoping that this time everything will be on time, wasn't trying to be a dick about it.
The speed with which we will be updating the scores and match ups is largely going to be based on how easy the participants make it for us to verify their scores. If people post accurate links in a timely manner, then updates will be quick more often than not. If people post poor links right at the deadline, then updates will likely be delayed until later in the day.

And harassing the staff or generally being high maintenance is also likely to delay the updates. In the first few match ups we are probably going to have a lot of scores to process, and dealing with PMs asking about the match ups will only increase our workload.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #66
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I'm looking forward to this one. Looks fun.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #67
Jakez123
Never be Bronze

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
The speed with which we will be updating the scores and match ups is largely going to be based on how easy the participants make it for us to verify their scores. If people post accurate links in a timely manner, then updates will be quick more often than not. If people post poor links right at the deadline, then updates will likely be delayed until later in the day.

And harassing the staff or generally being high maintenance is also likely to delay the updates. In the first few match ups we are probably going to have a lot of scores to process, and dealing with PMs asking about the match ups will only increase our workload.
Thanks for the detailed response, in the event that the updates will be delayed will we be informed?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #68
Capn Doug

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed response, in the event that the updates will be delayed will we be informed?
If updates are delayed, barring a catastrophe, they will be delayed to about 6pm PDT. If we were to delay the start of the next match up, we run the risk of this tournament running into GSL/x360a vs PS3T, and that is what we limited participants to try and avoid. Furthermore, in this tournament we are not dealing with members trying to set up a time to meet.

Basically, what I'm getting at is: "Don't worry, we got this covered."
Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #69
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Directly from the OP:

Quote:
After each match up (end of 4 days), you'll have 12 hours to make sure your scores are posted correctly and another 12 hours to relax. We will tally the scores by 6pm that day (still Pacific time), tell you who won, who lost, who gets the Duck Face award (those who score 0 points) and who you'll be facing next (once again decided by random.org).
Doug and I have this covered. If the zombie plague begins in either Texas or Vancouver, we still have it covered. My guess if the plague has started here or there, it's quickly spiraling out of control everywhere else too. Yet we still will have it covered.

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #70
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
If a zombie plague starts, im gonna hole myself up here and win this thing!

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #71
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Too bad this is for Ambasadors and Staff only...

Well, maybe next tournament for me then....

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #72
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This could be interesting because of the time zones; 12am PST is 8am BST so i'll always be asleep when the last day ends making me unlikely to win a close round if anyone watches my score.

I hadn't considered it before now but it does bias the tournament heavily in the favour of those in the same time zone.

Still, bring it on! I'll just have to dig deep in the evenings to build unassailable leads
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #73
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
This could be interesting because of the time zones; 12am PST is 8am BST so i'll always be asleep when the last day ends making me unlikely to win a close round if anyone watches my score.

I hadn't considered it before now but it does bias the tournament heavily in the favour of those in the same time zone.

Still, bring it on! I'll just have to dig deep in the evenings to build unassailable leads
On the flip side, you are more likely to be awake when the round starts thus giving you a head start.

Read them.... apply them.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #74
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
i normally go to sleep around 6am, and I'm in the UK, so i should be okay

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
On the flip side, you are more likely to be awake when the round starts thus giving you a head start.
Very true, but work will take care of most of that time unfortunately
I have a couple of days off next week so i'll be giving it some on those ones particularly.
I've started stocking up my armoury anyway.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #76
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I know I'll win the first round...after that, hello duck face.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #77
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

I'm just gonna see what I can manage without starting any new games.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #78
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm just going to pop in some games and hope for the best.

I'm fairly certain I will get the dreaded duck face at least once.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #79
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
So we will be seeing who we are matched up against? I may have to stalk them on TA to see whats up. Lol. If they have one anyways...
Old 08-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #80
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
So we will be seeing who we are matched up against? I may have to stalk them on TA to see whats up. Lol. If they have one anyways...
I think we'll find that out the 17th (Saturday).

In that case I'll get rid of my TA account.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #81
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion x360a View Post
I think we'll find that out the 17th (Saturday).

In that case I'll get rid of my TA account.
Hehe, I just gave away my secret..maybe that was a bad idea. Oh well, I won't really be trying to win.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #82
Grifter Reborn

You could always stalk your opponent on Xbox.com...

Just saying.

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #83
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
You could always stalk your opponent on Xbox.com...

Just saying.
Oh that's right...or 360voice. There really is no way to prevent me from stalking you. So just know, if I am matched up against you, I am always watching.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #84
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Quote:
Oh that's right...or 360voice. There really is no way to prevent me from stalking you. So just know, if I am matched up against you, I am always watching.
That will only show that person's current score. It doesn't show the games they have lined up.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #85
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
That will only show that person's current score. It doesn't show the games they have lined up.
All I need to know is how many achievements they earn per day. Or with TA it is even better, per every couple hours.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #86
Capn Doug

Quote:
All I need to know is how many achievements they earn per day. Or with TA it is even better, per every couple hours.
Looks like someone needs to re-read the rules
Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #87
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
That doesn't seem like a good strategy imo. Someone could bust out two or three easy games in the last few moments and throw you for a loop.

Quote:
Just curious, how did you manage 4 duckface awards lol?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #88
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
What? TA users are gonna get banned from this site you say?

Also, what if I decide to turn my account to non-visible? You know, to avoid getting stalked... weirdos

Quote:
By failure to appease the mighty dragon... obviously.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #89
Capn Doug

Quote:
One does not inquire about multiple duckfacery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
What? TA users are gonna get banned from this site you say?

Also, what if I decide to turn my account to non-visible? You know, to avoid getting stalked... weirdos
Grifter! To Skype!

Edit: Though remember kids, the Capn will be verifying scores. If for any reason he can't see your profile, you get 0, lose a life and gain one of these stylish duck face awards.

Last edited by Capn Doug; 08-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #90
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Grifter! To Skype!
Lol, the problems I cause!

What part of the rules were you trying to point out to me? I did not see anything that would apply.