PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worth Downloading?

As the title says, is this worth downloading?

I already purchased the season pass and I'm looking forward to the noir rapture episodes, but I haven't heard a single good thing about this DLC, and it is over a gigabyte in size...

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
If you have the Season Pass, you get it for free from the in-game store.

I was personally incredibly disappointed with it. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by Fiery Phoenix; 08-04-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Fiery Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I loved it. Its the best arena/horde mode I've ever played aside from Gears. You can upgrade yourself just like in the campaign and you unlock lots of neat concept art and bonuses too. People don't seem to like it because they wanted some story dlc instead which I understand, but I found the combat in the main game to be very fun and this dlc takes full advantage of it. Its all I've been playing the last few days and just now got my last blue ribbon.

GT: MASS D0MINATI0N
105 completed games 81 Retail - 25 Arcade
Mass Effect 3 - Liara & Garrus conversation:
Liara : Did you really take out three Blue Suns mercs with one bullet?
Garrus:Nah of course not... The third guy had a heart attack. Not fair to count him.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
I consider it pretty lazy filler DLC but I still had some fun with it in the beginning. Probably more frustration by the end at some of the blue ribbons challenges and having to play through all the waves over and over again when you only need 1 ribbon from a later wave.

If you already have the season pass there's no reason not to download it and try it out. If you didn't have the season pass I personally wouldn't recommend buying this DLC by itself though.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It's fun if you don't care about the blue ribbons, otherwise, prepare to rip your hair out.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
douch-bag

inFAMOUS VECS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I love the game but I really felt like they threw this out there to shut up everyone who but the season pass like myself. I hope this dlc is not a sign of more delays like the game itself
Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
If you have the Season Pass then it's free and very much worth downloading. If nothing else it never hurts to try it out.

Knowing what it is though I would never have paid for this (have the Season Pass). To me it felt like a cobbled together horde mode. Not very balanced and not very fun either.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
I think it is worth it, especially for the "Art Director" ("Direction"? I forget how exactly it is labeled...) concept art.

One of the only issues I had with the core game was that there really wasn't anything to do in it besides the campaign. I think this DLC nicely complements the campaign, provides ample opportunity to play around with the weapons and Vigors, and yields some interesting concept art. Is it hard and frustrating? Yes. Could it have been designed better? Certainly. But I still think it is challenging and fun to play.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #9
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Its not the worst DLC out there but if you enjoyed the combat in the campaign and like a little challenge (well a hell of a big challenge if your going for blue ribbons). Since you have the season pass download it and try it,. Unless of course your running low on space for whatever reason then pass and wait for the Noir dlc.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #10
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's part of the season pass like others have said. It could be way worse. I found that the 4 levels weren't too hard unless you are going for the blue ribbons. You can die as much as you want and complete each level. A death doesn't respawn all enemies in the level, the only ones that remain are the ones you didn't kill yet. You still get the achievement for completing the map at the end but your leadrboard score will suffer.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
i had a lot of fun getting 100% on this dlc, for 400 MSP i would definitely recommend it
Old 08-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #12
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real a 0bsolete View Post
i had a lot of fun getting 100% on this dlc, for 400 MSP i would definitely recommend it
I agree, it's a lot of fun and I would recommend it. I think people are upset because of the Blue Ribbon Challenge, which it's not a quick achievement and it can be frustrating. I'm not too worried about getting the full score as fast as I can and can see this as something I give a break and come back to later to finish things up. Definitely worth the money.

Ken Levine said he wanted to give everyone something they enjoyed from the game in the form of DLC. There is this for those that enjoyed the combat and there will be story DLC for those that enjoyed the story. Can't please everyone I guess.

Edit: Just finished all the challenges and I just wanted to say I loved this DLC. Never really got bored even when trying to redo later waves. Learned a lot about weapons and vigors I never used before too. Really feel they got this right compared to all the other games that try to do horse or challenge based modes. Great to see achievements that aren't just given to you too...really enjoyed earning an achievement by it being an actual achievement or challenge.

Last edited by Quid Squid; 08-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote