PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Tressilate

Borderlands GOTY Disc Problem

I've been scouring the internet and can't seem to find a solution to the following problem, and thus thank anyone able to assist!

I purchased Borderlands Game of the Year Edition with the two discs new yesterday. I played the main game a bit, and then went to install the DLC from disc 2. It, a brand new disc, but nonetheless ranged from having the three following errors:

- Play DVD - This is not DVD and has no content when sent to the XBOX video player.

- Disc Unreadable; Please clean and retry disc.

- Play Game - Error content unrecognizable, disc may be damaged.

The disc never had a scratch or anything on it and I attempted to see if it was an issue with my Xbox by testing it on a couple others and alas nothing seemed to work. I haven't had this problem with any disc, and the fact it was being an issue on multiple systems led me to believe that the disc -- in perfect condition -- was flawed. I subsequently returned the game today and exchanged it for another new copy with the same results. The only thing I could possibly think is that all systems I tried it on are similar in the sense that they are Xbox 360 Halo Reach Slims with upgraded 320 GB Hard drives (the official microsoft one).

Any and all direction is appreciated as I do not understand what route I need to take to get access to the DLC I paid for. My system is fine, every other disc works fine, I have a proper system with no modifications and with an Microsoft Xbox Harddrive with tons of space that there shouldn't be an issue.

Again any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by Tressilate; 08-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Tressilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressilate View Post
I've been scouring the internet and can't seem to find a solution to the following problem, and thus thank anyone able to assist in advance!

I purchased Borderlands Game of the Year Edition with the two discs new yesterday. I played the main game a bit, and then went to install the DLC. It, a brand new disc, but nonetheless ranged from having the three following errors:

- Play DVD - This is not DVD and has no content when sent to the XBOX video player.

- Disc Unreadable; Please clean and retry disc - The disc was clean and tried right out of the wrapper.

- Play Game - Error content unrecognizable, disc may be damaged.

The Disc never had a scratch or anything on it and I attempted to see if it was an issue with my Xbox by testing it on a couple others and alas nothing seemed to work. I haven't had this problem with any disc, and the fact it was being an issue on multiple systems led me to believe that the disc -- in perfect condition -- was flawed. I subsequently returned the game today and exchanged it for another new copy with the same results. The only thing I could possibly think is that all systems I tried it on are similar in the sense that they are Xbox 360 Halo Reach Slims with upgraded 320 GB Hard drives (the official microsoft one).

Any and all direction is appreciated as I do not understand what route I need to take to get access to the DLC I paid for. My system is fine, every other Disc works fine, I have a proper system with no modifications and with an Microsoft Xbox Harddrive with tons of space that there shouldn't be an issue.

Again any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Have you checked the inner ring? I had a small slither of a scratch and the entire game was unplayable, same symptoms as yours.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Tressilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Have you checked the inner ring? I had a small slither of a scratch and the entire game was unplayable, same symptoms as yours.
I honestly just examined the thing with a magnify glass and it's clean. It's pretty much perfect lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
Had the same problem with the batman arkham city goty dlc disc it installed but no access to the dlc in game... i borroed the disc so eh wasnt really out money
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth nerdius View Post
Had the same problem with the batman arkham city goty dlc disc it installed but no access to the dlc in game... i borroed the disc so eh wasnt really out money
That's because that disk DLC was tied directly to the GOTY disk only. But to OP, are you trying to launch it or install it? Like have you just tried pressing (X) and just installing it, the second disk is purely for installing the DRM free DLC.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
I figured it was something like that.
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Tressilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
That's because that disk DLC was tied directly to the GOTY disk only. But to OP, are you trying to launch it or install it? Like have you just tried pressing (X) and just installing it, the second disk is purely for installing the DRM free DLC.
Sadly getting the same string of errors. I had no problem with my Mafia II extra content or Fallout New Vegas Discs, and I'm on the third disc I've picked up which makes me question why my system really doesn't want me to play my Borderlands DLC :P
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressilate View Post
Sadly getting the same string of errors. I had no problem with my Mafia II extra content or Fallout New Vegas Discs, and I'm on the third disc I've picked up which makes me question why my system really doesn't want me to play my Borderlands DLC :P
Well you can technically download the DLC (It's DRM Free) via the internet if you know how to and have a flashdrive. But this isn't the place to talk about that. lol
Old 10-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
You have to install the 2nd disk.In total, you'll need 4.5 gigs of space.This requirement is clearly highlighted on the back of the game box.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Kazabet

Just came across the same problem. Tried on my unit and the one in store. Disc Read Error. Replaced it with a new copy. It started installing, then at the end said it failed to install some components. Reboot, Disc Read Error.

Just picked up my 3rd copy, unfortunately they didn't have an xbox in the store to try it before I left. Wish me luck!
Kazabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #11
IstIngiliz

IstIngiliz's Gamercard
Old thread, but same thing happened to me. Received the disc clean error when the DLC disc was mint. I started the main game, then dashboarded and rebooted console. Managed to install the DLC disk after the reboot but the install did seem to slow down when it went above 85%.
IstIngiliz is offline   Reply With Quote