PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
How Many Playthroughs

How many playthroughs have you guys done of this?
I'm looking to do 3, one easy story to enjoy the game, another for collectibles then third for 1999 mode, and was just wondering whether this game gets old or boring/repetitive.
Only just started it so if it gets too repetitive, I will just start again on 1999 and do it in one playthrough.

So just looking for opinions guys,

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I started on normal to enjoy the story. 2nd run I did 1999 and got all infusions and mopped up misc achievements. Need to do another for my last achievement which is get all the voxophones. So i would say 3.

However you can start on 1999 mode so if you use a guide you get get 1000G in one play through.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I've personally done four playthroughs with this game, three within the first week of it's release:

1. My first playthrough was on normal, just looking at propaganda, AI interactions, the sky, enjoying the narrative, etc.

2. After completing the game I immediately started on 1999 mode. Just focused on getting to the end.

3. Third playthrough was on easy, I used Maka's guide to mop up any remaining collectibles. Got the full 1000

4. My most recent playthrough I finished about two or three weeks ago, just played on normal again and joyfully immersed myself.

5. Might do another run at the end of the month on hard or 1999.

I never found the game to be repetative yet. Make use of the skylines whenever they're available, the verticality of the combat is one of the more thrilling bits of Infinite. Mix up your use of vigors and weapons, have fun experimenting with traps and vigor combos.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Have done 2 runs so far, first on normal for story, 2nd on 1999 and mop up.

Both very enjoyable, story didn't get old at all and the handyman fights are a blast every time.

In seeing the ending twice now, I was still in awe.

Will probably do a third run when all the dlc is out.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The minimum you would need would be 1-2. I am currently at playthrough 7 because I love the game so much. I love walking around slowly and experiencing everything.
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My first was on Easy to get all but 1999 Mode done. Second was to do 1999 Mode without buying anything from Dollar Bill machines and get the other stackable difficulty achievements. Now I started one on Normal because I was bored but I can't seem to stick with it. I'm ready for some DLCs!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
That's good. Looks like I will space it out o enjoy it more if it doesn't get repetitive. Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I will do 2 or 3. One for simple enjoyment, another for achievements and collectibles, and then another for 1999 mode.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
SicklyPlague
Subscribing Member

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
It can be done in two, one for collectables/story/other achievements and the other on 1999 mode.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm looking at 2 but was hoping for just 1 but seems I've missed quite a bit regarding collectables/weapon kills etc. I went straight on 1999 mode just about finished it now & on last stage. It is quite tough but only because I keep running out of ammo due to not using the Dollar Vending Machine.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
McAngrimstein

McAngrimstein's Gamercard
I did two, first one on Normal just so I could enjoy the story/atmosphere without getting annoyed and easily get all the various achievements/collectibles, then one on 1999 so I could focus on just getting through it.
McAngrimstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
The Pandamic

the pandamic's Gamercard
Just finished my second playthrough today. The first was during its release week on normal. I used that week to just get into the narrative and feel for the game. After that however, I decided to tackle 1999 mode afterwards. Well after a long hiatus in the game (Fear of frustration) I have decided to go through with it as well as collecting all of the remaining achievements in the game. I am planning on going for my third but with Clash in the Clouds being out and all, I might have to just wait a bit. The third playthrough on easy will have to wait, since I already have all of the achievements for the game and all.

The Pandamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
Delacruz22

This is a probably a stupid question but is there a New game+??
Delacruz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacruz22 View Post
This is a probably a stupid question but is there a New game+??
Nope, there is no NG+

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
my first was on hard, then i jumped into 1999 and did that without the vending machines.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
Birth Mark

Atrolity's Gamercard
I did 2 and probably not doing more. First I did normal mode and collected almost all the collectibles, then I did 1999 and collected the remaining few. Got all 1000 on those 2 playthroughs.
Birth Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

I got the 1000 in 2.5 playthroughs. The first was I believe on Normal just to get the story and as many collectibles at once. The .5 came after as I managed to miss one Voxophone(!) around the middle of the game. That burned, but thankfully it was as easy as going into Chapter Select and picking it up, achievement unlokced. The last run was on 1999 Mode, 5 guides and advice from friends in hand. It wasn't as bad as I expected, BioShock 1 on Hard Mode was honestly more of a challenge. I still had a lot of fun every time.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (7/31/2014) 96

Games 100%: 85
Latest: LEGO Marvel

Working on:
World of Tanks (520/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
Jumper (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
The .5 came after as I managed to miss one Voxophone(!) around the middle of the game. That burned, but thankfully it was as easy as going into Chapter Select and picking it up, achievement unlokced.
That works? Cool, because I missed exactly one voxophone too

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
I got the 1000 in 2.5 playthroughs. The first was I believe on Normal just to get the story and as many collectibles at once. The .5 came after as I managed to miss one Voxophone(!) around the middle of the game. That burned, but thankfully it was as easy as going into Chapter Select and picking it up, achievement unlokced. The last run was on 1999 Mode, 5 guides and advice from friends in hand. It wasn't as bad as I expected, BioShock 1 on Hard Mode was honestly more of a challenge. I still had a lot of fun every time.
I cheated and did the save glitch to get my hard achievements so I can't use that experience...

Shitty example, but it this games hard like veteran on BO2, or veteran on WaW?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #20
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Two playthroughs are good. The first one on normal or hard for enjoying the game, gat all collectibles and to assimilate the game mechanics and gameplay for the second playthrough on 1999 mode. Even on second or third playthrough this game is amazingly good.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote