PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
One man band

Hey this isn't really related to the game but if any of you are actual musicians, have you ever done or heard a one man band? At work this one guy recorded two songs where he was playing guitar, bass, drums, and singing. He was into classic rock too so it had like an Eagles sound to it. Sorry I don't know much classic rock, that isn't the best comparison. It was totally awesome. He recorded himself doing each of the seperate parts and had it put together to make it so that he was playing with himself in a 4 person band. He said he had too much time out of college lol.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
OldWIKI TIK

Send a message via AIM to OldWIKI TIK Send a message via MSN to OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I guess the lead singer for the foo-fighters is very musically talented as well. I dont remember exactly but i believe he was a drummer and a guitarist before.

Dropped out of school to drum full-time for Scream and then played bass for nirvana before starting the foo fighters.

Last edited by OldWIKI TIK; 01-04-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Wikipedia is awsome.
OldWIKI TIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
HoodMod

Send a message via AIM to HoodMod

HoodMod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Has anyone been able to play guitar and sing or play drums and sing at the same time so you can do world tour by yourself? I'm curious. That would be cool, because I obviously spend a lot more time playing Rock Band then my friends, but I can only effectively play drums in solo tour. It would also be really hard.
Watch my Youtube GH vids plox - http://www.youtube.com/user/inkybowl
In a thread entitled "achivments" -
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysmellsbanana View Post
Halo 3 i really liked it especially in the end great game, stupid achivements. after playing awhile the game i found that bungie the only thing want u to be piss off. e.g bullshit stuff like sticking a player didnt die, spawn points, explosion radius. i hate online achivements.

HoodMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #4
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodMod View Post
Has anyone been able to play guitar and sing or play drums and sing at the same time so you can do world tour by yourself? I'm curious. That would be cool, because I obviously spend a lot more time playing Rock Band then my friends, but I can only effectively play drums in solo tour. It would also be really hard.
I started, its tough. Have gone about 12 songs. Hard guitar and medium vocals. Think if i continue i will change to bass (less to worry about). I probably wont have to since my nephew can play expert drums while i do bass or guitar. would be alot easier with a mic stand.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
A Pharmacist

A Pharmacist's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWIKI TIK View Post
I guess the lead singer for the foo-fighters is very musically talented as well. I dont remember exactly but i believe he was a drummer and a guitarist before.

Dropped out of school to drum full-time for Scream and then played bass for nirvana before starting the foo fighters.
Dave Grohl played drums for Scream, Nirvana, and for a short time he also played drums for Queens of the Stone Age. He also played drums for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Pearl Jam for a short time. Dave now plays guitar for Foo Fighters, and their debut album is a remix of Dave Grohl playing drums, guitar, bass, and doing vocals...though not at the same time.
A Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 AM   #6
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pharmacist View Post
Dave Grohl played drums for Scream, Nirvana, and for a short time he also played drums for Queens of the Stone Age. He also played drums for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Pearl Jam for a short time. Dave now plays guitar for Foo Fighters, and their debut album is a remix of Dave Grohl playing drums, guitar, bass, and doing vocals...though not at the same time.
Forgot about Queens of the Stone Age and Pearl Jam.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #7
BloodRedReaper

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedReaper

BloodRedReaper's Gamercard
Dave Grohl also drums for Tenacious D and does all instruments for his metal project Probot, which has guest vocalists.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
Nickar124

Nickar124's Gamercard
I got 452 stars and around 565,000 fans solo in BWT, it's not that hard if you go to the "make a setlist" venues and you choose songs you know how to sing on the hard difficulty.

Nickar124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q's Gamercard
Quote:

During A Foo Fighter Concert I Was At, He Switched To Drummer He's Really Good

Last edited by The Midnight Q; 02-02-2008 at 07:52 AM.
The Midnight Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #10
xCOBRAx

Send a message via AIM to xCOBRAx

CougarSlayer530's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
im gonna get my 1million fans achievement with my solo band "The Whining Charasmatics" what ive done is strung up xmas lights in my room that i play rockband in and ive hung the mic from the lights so its like one of those old school 50's mics ya know? and i started out playing on hard guitar and hard vocals and did all the songs that i knew i could do on hard and i tried to avoid the make a setlists if i could....now that ive hit the cap im gonna go back and do all the make a setlists and just do songs and that ik now i can do on xpert guitar and vocals and hopefully get me 1 million fans that way.
xCOBRAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dunno.. Maybe I'm missing something, but you're supposed to be able to sing through the headset right? Whenever I try to hook it up so I can sing and play, the game doesn't register the mic. I've also just wanted to try the headset mic out of curiosity without any luck. Any pointers?

I know the answer to this question is probably in the manual, but my niece misplaced my Rock Band box so I have no idea where it's presently collecting dust at. -_-

My 360 has something to say!

RIP 360 #1 12/18/07-5/4/08
RIP 360 #2 5/19/08-7/11/10
360 #3 7/23/10-11/4/10 (Still functional, but belongs to someone else now!)

360s 11/4/10- (Hopefully won't need to fill in this blank!)
Matrarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Make sure you have it connected to the standard controller, not the drums or the guitar.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
xCOBRAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrarch View Post
I dunno.. Maybe I'm missing something, but you're supposed to be able to sing through the headset right? Whenever I try to hook it up so I can sing and play, the game doesn't register the mic. I've also just wanted to try the headset mic out of curiosity without any luck. Any pointers?

I know the answer to this question is probably in the manual, but my niece misplaced my Rock Band box so I have no idea where it's presently collecting dust at. -_-

are you using the wireless or wired headset? if its wired then you should just be able to hook it up to the standard controller and turn it on just as if you were using the rock band microphone. now if your using the wireless headset you just have to make sure that once it has connected with the console u press the little speaker looking button to change it so that its linked w/ the standard controller that u presumably have plugged in a player two. otherwise it will be linked to your guitar (player one) and thats why its not recognizing that there is a mic. In either case i have still found that hanging the mic from the ceiling and singing into it has worked best for me. With both headsets their sensitivity isnt as good and u have to sing a lot louder to be recognized.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Has anyone played two instruments? I have tried singing and drums, but fail terribly!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

I can play guitar and sing (lead or bass) but its tough. I have a similar ghetto setup as Twisted Fate. My mic taped to something stuck in the couch cushions.

EDIT: came up with a lot less ghetto setup by taping my mic holder to my sweet camera tripod. Still have a hard time with doing both unless i stay on medium for both. 1,000,000 fans will have to be done from about 3 songs.

EDIT: this is going to be a lot harder than i thought. I can sing expert and play medium but get killed when trying to do hard/hard. Most of the songs have a faster strumming speed and it affects my voice as i go, plus, its just hard to do both. I am maxed out for fans on medium now and have to get a ton more to unlock some other venues.

Last edited by OldWIKI TIK; 02-03-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #16
xCOBRAx

heres a suggestion, and i know you proally wont like it, but its worked for me. And hopefully your not too far along in WBT so this wont be a huge deal. But what i did is basically practiced all the Hard songs on guitar. It seems to me that your pretty good at the singing from what ive seen, so going down to hard proally wont be too much of an issue for you. As you practice the guitar songs on hard im sure you will find songs that you like playing more and are easier and also coincide with songs that you know you can sing well and know the words by heart (this is key). Once you feel confident start a new band in WBT. Start out by playing the song you know u can play on hard/hard as such and the songs that u cant on med/med. Save all of the create a setlists for when you have reached your medium cap and start doing those on hard/hard (presumably you have found at least 2 songs that you can do on hard/hard by this point).

anyway dont know if that helps but thats what did except with hard/hard and xpert/xpert, so far im at 684k fans and going strong but i donno if im gonna be able to do it heh
Old 02-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #17
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

You know what.......my nephew was just here......the bastard! I had gotten to 130k fans myself and he came and failed out of GGAHT and Blacken (i dunno why) and cost me almost 20k fans. Now, when i play med/med i keep gaining fans. WAY past the limit. 156k now.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #18
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I thought the limit on medium was 240k? I could be wrong.. maybe it was 260k.

So my problem with the mic was my own stupidity. Figured it out now.

I'm able to play must songs hard/hard if I use the base track. Guitar is far trickier. I've managed to rack up about 350k fans. It's so nice to not have to worry about my friends level of play anymore. Now we can just chill and play the levels we're all comfortable at.

My 360 has something to say!

RIP 360 #1 12/18/07-5/4/08
RIP 360 #2 5/19/08-7/11/10
360 #3 7/23/10-11/4/10 (Still functional, but belongs to someone else now!)

360s 11/4/10- (Hopefully won't need to fill in this blank!)
Matrarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #19
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Well, my fan base went all the way to 320 before i had to go hard/hard. Im posting because i needed a break. I just 4*'d Enter Sandman hard guitar/hard vocals. WHEW! That one is hard.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #20
HoodMod

HoodMod's Gamercard

I tried out a song on drums/vocals. With a mic stand, it's really fun, and since I already got 1 million fans, I can just chill out and play easy bass and easy vocals until I get better at knowing the songs etc., and all the things that make this very hard to do.
Quote:
Halo 3 i really liked it especially in the end great game, stupid achivements. after playing awhile the game i found that bungie the only thing want u to be piss off. e.g bullshit stuff like sticking a player didnt die, spawn points, explosion radius. i hate online achivements.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #21
Chris PW

Send a message via AIM to Chris PW Send a message via MSN to Chris PW

FearThel3eard's Gamercard
I've tried with drums on hard and vocals on medium but I met the cap and need to move on to vocals hard...which I can't do yet.
Chris PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #22
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

WOW it gets real hard doing X/X. Plus if you dont 5 star you hardly get any fans at all
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
HoodMod

HoodMod's Gamercard

Quote:
WOW it gets real hard doing X/X. Plus if you dont 5 star you hardly get any fans at all
I got a million a few days back, but do you really get more if your performance is better? Cause most of the people I played with on Expert couldn't handle it at all lol they restrained me to almost always three-starring.
Quote:

Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Im pretty sure it does.....i did a random 2 song set and 3 starred both and then played a 2 song set and 4 starred them and recieved more than double the fans. Granted im reduced to playing both guitar and vocals
Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #25
Chris PW

Send a message via AIM to Chris PW Send a message via MSN to Chris PW

FearThel3eard's Gamercard
Yeah you do get more for getting more stars. I tried one of those challenges to get double fans depending on my star average. I kept failing and retrying, then ended up not doing it. Decided that day the band needed a break from touring indefinitely. =(
Chris PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #26
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
haha I made a hardcore rock version of beutiful girls by sean kingston by myself. it had guitar, drums, vocals, and the instrumental to the original song. Honestly, it was pretty good, but it was only made as a joke with my friends, as I was making fun of the [stupid] song
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #27
xCOBRAx

Quote:
Im pretty sure it does.....i did a random 2 song set and 3 starred both and then played a 2 song set and 4 starred them and recieved more than double the fans. Granted im reduced to playing both guitar and vocals

some of that depens on the city you played in doesnt it? however u definatly get more fans for getting more stars
Old 02-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #28
D e 5 t R u C t

iTz xBeRz3rKx's Gamercard
Yeah i know a guy thats done that but it didnt sound very good at all lol but i think it was the foo fighters? the lead singer did that before he got a band together
D e 5 t R u C t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #29
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCOBRAx View Post
some of that depens on the city you played in doesnt it? however u definatly get more fans for getting more stars
It depends on the venue (bigger venues get more fans), the song (harder songs get more fans), and how well you did.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #30
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Just got done playing a venue in London. Don't Fear the Reaper and Won't get Fooled Again Expert Bass/Expert Vocals.......4 star both, almost 5 star Fooled again and only 12k fans . This is going to take forever! 781k fans and running out of create a setlist. Did a few 4 song randoms x/x but didn't net many fans.