PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
OldWIKI TIK

Send a message via AIM to OldWIKI TIK Send a message via MSN to OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Hardest vocal

What do you all think is the hardest vocal in career? Non-bonus tracks. I, without a doubt, think its Reptilla. Killed me on hard and now again, killing me on EX. Everyother song is no sweat, but this one sucks the life from me. Twelve tries in a row and still only get to 72%.
OldWIKI TIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
HoodMod

Send a message via AIM to HoodMod

HoodMod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I haven't done much vocals, when I do, I usually fail, but my friends playing had a really hard time with 'Train Kept a Rollin'.
Watch my Youtube GH vids plox - http://www.youtube.com/user/inkybowl
In a thread entitled "achivments" -
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysmellsbanana View Post
Halo 3 i really liked it especially in the end great game, stupid achivements. after playing awhile the game i found that bungie the only thing want u to be piss off. e.g bullshit stuff like sticking a player didnt die, spawn points, explosion radius. i hate online achivements.

HoodMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Foreplay/Long Time about did me in on Expert. It was the last one and I failed when he went into the freestyle part at the very end about 20 times, before I got it. For some reason I also had trouble with Orange Crush, I just couldn't find the right pitch. Took me about 4 tries. The rest were two attempts at most.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodMod View Post
I haven't done much vocals, when I do, I usually fail, but my friends playing had a really hard time with 'Train Kept a Rollin'.
Lol yeah that reminds me. My friend was singing that song while I was on drums and my friend was on guitar, and he was just like "holy crap this song is super fast what's he saying about a train what the hell what the hell " and kept throwin train in there every once in a while but it was hilarious lol.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 AM   #5
HoodMod

Send a message via AIM to HoodMod

HoodMod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illution View Post
Lol yeah that reminds me. My friend was singing that song while I was on drums and my friend was on guitar, and he was just like "holy crap this song is super fast what's he saying about a train what the hell what the hell " and kept throwin train in there every once in a while but it was hilarious lol.
Ya they only require you do the correct pitch, but I think that might be specific to difficulties and expert/hard requires the correct lyrics. Iono.
Watch my Youtube GH vids plox - http://www.youtube.com/user/inkybowl
In a thread entitled "achivments" -
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysmellsbanana View Post
Halo 3 i really liked it especially in the end great game, stupid achivements. after playing awhile the game i found that bungie the only thing want u to be piss off. e.g bullshit stuff like sticking a player didnt die, spawn points, explosion radius. i hate online achivements.

HoodMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #6
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
No you dont have to have the correct lyrics. Maybe the talky parts, but not the singing parts. I know because if i dont know or remember the words i have to hum it.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #7
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWIKI TIK View Post
No you dont have to have the correct lyrics. Maybe the talky parts, but not the singing parts. I know because if i dont know or remember the words i have to hum it.
Humming usually works the best and is how I'm probably going to have to beat the vocal solo tour haha. But it's only the pitch because my friend was playing on hard and all he was doing was shouting obscenities and cursing the game yet he only failed once it was amazing though I almost died laughing..

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Derrick DS

Derrick_DS's Gamercard
The song by the Strokes 'Reptilia' is where I left off on Hard. I just kept failing and failing. Eventually I'll make my way back to the game.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
Nickar124

Nickar124's Gamercard
Yeah, Reptilla really killed me on the expert vocals, I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who had trouble with that one. All the other songs I got just by humming and didn't have any fail streaks, but Reptilla made me scream at the screen

Nickar124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
Derrick DS

Derrick_DS's Gamercard
I never even thought to hum the tunes. I might have to try that when I get home from work. Forums @ work FTW! :-P
Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Victory!

There finally, got through reptilla and breezed through the rest. WTF tho, no platinum mic for completing expert? Im rather disappointed to get the same mic i had after beating hard. Still no doubt reptilla is THE hardest song for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
ASTROBL4ACK

MikeC26's Gamercard
Reptillia, Should I Stay or Should I Go and Foreplay/Longtime all gave me a hard time on Expert.
ASTROBL4ACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #13
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWIKI TIK View Post
There finally, got through reptilla and breezed through the rest. WTF tho, no platinum mic for completing expert? Im rather disappointed to get the same mic i had after beating hard. Still no doubt reptilla is THE hardest song for me.
Good for you bro!

Im on the set with "Ballroom Blitz" I think it's called....I dunno....the song just talks about eyes as red as the sun or something....

Anywho,i got there on medium,then quit to play the expert guitar career(btw,any tips for "Highway Star" "Flirtin' with disaster" or "GG&HTs" would be nice.I can only get to the end of the solos then i get screwed to the wall....)

Hardest song i've sang on expert so far though has been Dani California....amazed me though cuz I can ace that song everytime i sing it so far....

EDIT:Oh.forgot to mention.....The silver instruments is for finishing the bonus tour,Gold is for finishing the main solo tour,and I think you get Platinum for finishing the Endless Setlist.....or,thats what I've heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #14
Sora27

Viva la Jmax27's Gamercard
I've only completed the tour through medium, but I've played some songs on Hard and Expert, and it's only for high pitched (the last set and a half just about) or very, very low pitched songs (Should I stay or Should I go in certain areas, Orange Crush in some too, and songs generally like that, except I do ok with Reptillia.).

I actually sing in a glee club, so my voice isn't terrible, but it's certainly not great, but my problem is my voice is pretty much in the middle of the voices (Tenor 2 so I'm leaning closer to higher pitch) but the bottom most notes I can almost never get, and high pitched doesn't always register correctly, even though sometimes I feel like I have the right pitch.

And also I'm kind of confused. Does the pitch system adapt to the way you sing or do you have to adapt to each singer's voice? It seems like the latter to me, only because one pitch in another song can be drastically different from another song when the two pitches are just about in the same place on the "pitch chart" (whatever you're supposed to call it).

Last edited by Sora27; 01-05-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: misspellings and additions
Sora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #15
Feel My Rage

Acctually Sora,It has nothing to do with pitch....or so says Harmonix.Its the note you need to sing.....so who knows.Maybe you are singing the right pitch but the wrong note?Who knows......

Quote:
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
soccerplaya13cj

Send a message via AIM to soccerplaya13cj

soccerplaya13cj's Gamercard
Me and my friends were just goofing around and they threw me in ballroom blitz and it was hard, but enter sandman was thew hardest i sang.
soccerplaya13cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:50 AM   #17
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerplaya13cj View Post
Me and my friends were just goofing around and they threw me in ballroom blitz and it was hard, but enter sandman was thew hardest i sang.
Really? I thought enter sandman was pretty easy compared to the others. As a matter of fact, i thought it might end up on the easy thread.

I think it does have something to do with either pitch or tone. For the real low parts i try out my death metal voice. LOL.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #18
Feel My Rage

lol.My friend sang Flirtin with Disaster at my house and I started to laugh so hard.He sounded like such a red neck while he was singing it...
xD

Quote:
Quote:
quichobitchin'
Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #19
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

I'll say this....... at least my voice doesn't transmit through on mulitplayer online. that way nobody has to hear how i sound.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 AM   #20
Sora27

Viva la Jmax27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
Acctually Sora,It has nothing to do with pitch....or so says Harmonix.Its the note you need to sing.....so who knows.Maybe you are singing the right pitch but the wrong note?Who knows......
Really...I always thought it was the pitch you were supposed to match, like how high or low your voice is, which is also notes, so aren't they technically the same thing, with the notes just being a more exact way of measuring it.

Or am I just way over examining this
Sora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora27 View Post
Really...I always thought it was the pitch you were supposed to match, like how high or low your voice is, which is also notes, so aren't they technically the same thing, with the notes just being a more exact way of measuring it.

Or am I just way over examining this
The vocal meter is (supposedly) one octave from top to bottom. If the original singer is too high/low you can sing it in a different octave and it will count.

Pitch is how high or low you are singing. Rock Band doesn't care about pitch. You don't have to match the singers pitch to get credit. You do have sing the same notes. If he/she sings and A, you need to sing an A. It can be 1, 2, 3, or more octaves higher or lower, but it must be an A.

Try this on a run through you don't care about. When the song starts hit a note at a level comfortable for you. Notice where it is on the scale. You can use that as a reference to get where you need to be to sing the song. Also run your pitch up or down a ways and you will see the arrow wrap to the top or bottom when you change from one octave to the other. Knowing how the meter works can help if you are having difficulty on a song. For example: Gimme Shelter by the Stones. I sing the long held notes at the beginning of the song in a comfortable pitch for me. Then the actual verses, which are lower on the note chart gave me difficulty. So now I actually sing those an octave higher because that is where my voice is comfortable. You don't have to sing it exactly as written.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 01-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 AM   #22
GodComplex13

Send a message via AIM to GodComplex13

GodComplex13's Gamercard
Haha, I guess that explains it then.

I was jsut messing around and I tried my first song on vocals expert and it was Reptilia because I thought I knew the song a little and that I could figure it out. I sucked at it horribly, but I dont feel so bad anymore.
GodComplex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #23
ASTROBL4ACK

MikeC26's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodComplex13 View Post
Haha, I guess that explains it then.

I was jsut messing around and I tried my first song on vocals expert and it was Reptilia because I thought I knew the song a little and that I could figure it out. I sucked at it horribly, but I dont feel so bad anymore.
Thats what I thought when I first sung "Suffragette City" on Expert. I got pwned and thought I would never beat it, but a little effort on any song you get stuck at can be comepleted.
ASTROBL4ACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
RogueVasion

Send a message via AIM to RogueVasion Send a message via Skype™ to RogueVasion

i am ronjohn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Definitely Reptillia. I always get stuck on this song on expert!

^^^Props To SuperGaz For My New Sig^^^

Bad DVD drive, waiting for my new one from eBay.

RogueVasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #25
RiteNowRiteNow

RiteNowRiteNow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
The vocal meter is (supposedly) one octave from top to bottom. If the original singer is too high/low you can sing it in a different octave and it will count.

Pitch is how high or low you are singing. Rock Band doesn't care about pitch. You don't have to match the singers pitch to get credit. You do have sing the same notes. If he/she sings and A, you need to sing an A. It can be 1, 2, 3, or more octaves higher or lower, but it must be an A.

Try this on a run through you don't care about. When the song starts hit a note at a level comfortable for you. Notice where it is on the scale. You can use that as a reference to get where you need to be to sing the song. Also run your pitch up or down a ways and you will see the arrow wrap to the top or bottom when you change from one octave to the other. Knowing how the meter works can help if you are having difficulty on a song. For example: Gimme Shelter by the Stones. I sing the long held notes at the beginning of the song in a comfortable pitch for me. Then the actual verses, which are lower on the note chart gave me difficulty. So now I actually sing those an octave higher because that is where my voice is comfortable. You don't have to sing it exactly as written.
My buddy used this approach on a Hillary Duff song on Karaoke Revolution and got a perfect score (My wife, who had the previous high score was PISSED). That being said, I figured it would work for RB, and it does. When I play with my nephew, I usually play guitar and sing, and the first time we played Dani California (a song I know, but am not TOO familiar with), I just kinda hummed/half-spoke the versus, but I was in key. On the flip side, some of the notes on Foreplay/Long Time are tough to hit (especially if you're trying to keep quiet) so this is where I employ singing those parts an octave lower.

One of the trickier songs the first time through is Orange Crush, where Michael Stipe has that wierd effect on his voice, and if you're not paying attention, you'll jack that whole sequence because it's in a different key than the rest of the song.

Haven't played the solo vocal tour enough (I'm at like 25/62 or so on Hard) to have encountered a song that I can't pass. But from when I do WBT with my neph, Foreplay/Long Time and that Bang Camaro song (I'm gunna chalk this one up to unfamiliarity) really do me in.

(And for the record, I'm playing guitar on Hard and the Vox on Hard when doing both simultaneously)
RiteNowRiteNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #26
Chupathingy13

Location: Do you have a pen and paper? I'm in ur mom's house! :P
Send a message via AIM to Chupathingy13

DJChupa13's Gamercard
I haven't had any problems with Reptilia (I just like the song, I guess) or Train Kept A Rollin', but I have had problems with Flirtin' With Disaster. Not to mention, I think the most bizzare track would actually be Here It Goes Again. The randomness...it's just all over the place and can't pick a range to stay in.

But...what do you people think about Timmy?
Chupathingy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
Matrarch

Matrarch's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
The Hardest for me to pass was the Coheed and Cambria Song. I just... didn't get what was going on.

It's interesting to see how things differ from person to person. I gold starred Flirtin' With Disaster (I guess that's what you'd call it right? 5 stars the are all golden-like..) The first time I played it and I had never even heard the song before. It was a little awesome. I didn't think Train Kept Rollin' was too bad. Just don't get hung up on the lyrics and focus on pitch. It's sorta the same deal as Dani California.

As for Timmy, I have yet to open it on expert, but I was so busy chuckling when I played through it on easy I only three starred it. Seems like it would be tough if you can't get the talky parts to go (which is the case for me.) :/
Matrarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #28
ho fosho 831

Send a message via AIM to ho fosho 831

atomic situp 89's Gamercard
why don't u guys just download the song and put the mic to the speaker i heard that works
ho fosho 831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #29
OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Well, for me anyway, there is no need. I have completed expert vocals and now am up to 4 FC's. And now (as long as i don't get kicked out for being inconsistent at times) i play in an online band and it would seem kinda cheap for me to just be placing the mic next to a speaker while everyone else is playing their off. Besides, the timing is hard and im not sure about what kind of result it would do.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #30
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Coheed and Cambria gave me the most trouble as well. At least i'm into the band so I didn't mind replaying the song a million times to finally finish it off.

Ranked #1 in Utah, 1'st to 100,200,300k in Utah
235 retail complete, 26 arcade complete
Gsl season 7 champion!
xRogue 5x is offline   Reply With Quote