PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
TheBrute1997

TSM BRUTE's Gamercard
Two achievement lists?

It's now known that Grand Theft Auto Online is considering standalone compared to the single-player portion of GTA V. But it makes me think; will there be two separate achievement lists? What do you think?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't think that there would be different achievement lists.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
PatrykO5

A Duck in IRAQ's Gamercard
I agree with yourbreakfast...
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
There will be one normal achievement list a usual. You just won't be able to earn the MP achievements until MP is released in October..
Old 08-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There will be a MP mode available from launch, but majority of the online will be blocked until October 1st.

And no, there won't be a separate list. GTA Online is still apart of GTA V, but it is being advertised as its own game.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The few that IV had were a total bitch out of any other game, ever. I can't imagine having a complete separate list for the online itself. Imagine having 50 achievements to earn on both SP and MP, that's just too much.

I hope V has challenges in SP and MP like they did with RDR because I know a game as big as V is, you would hope for more SP achievements than MP ones. I've not heard anything about V having challenges to earn, so I'm hoping that's there.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
Tactical Tom

Tommy B BRFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrute1997 View Post
It's now known that Grand Theft Auto Online is considering standalone compared to the single-player portion of GTA V. But it makes me think; will there be two separate achievement lists? What do you think?
I seriously doubt it. I wouldn't mind either way though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
The few that IV had were a total bitch out of any other game, ever. I can't imagine having a complete separate list for the online itself. Imagine having 50 achievements to earn on both SP and MP, that's just too much.
I thought the Online Achievements for GTA4 were a bitch too, I was stuck on Rank 8 for years. However with a lot of Hangmans Noose ($4,500 in less than 3 minutes) you can set yourself a daily cash target and get yourself to Rank 10.

Having an Achievement like "Wanted" for hitting Rank 10 and earning $5,000,000 keeps users Playing the Multiplayer for longer and is one of the main reasons why a considerable number of people are still playing GTA4's Multiplayer over 5 years after it was released.

Therefore, I wouldn't mind a similarly time consuming Achievement like GTA4's Wanted Achievement for GTA5 Online especially if it's going to be as amazing as it looks from the very little detail Rockstar have gone into so far.

Last edited by Tactical Tom; 08-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
I could be wrong but I think an achievement along the lines of Wanted 2.0 might not feel like such a grind given what we've seen so far in MP. I had more fun ranking up in RDR simply because friends and I would mess around in free roam doing gang hideouts as opposed to trying to grind out the same missions in GTAIV.

If we're getting paid to screw around and cause mayhem then I won't complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I doubt there will be 2 lists, more like one list with 75% single-player stuff and 25% online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tom View Post
I thought the Online Achievements for GTA4 were a bitch
Speaking of the GTA 4 online achievements I dont believe they were that bad, just R* lost touch with the community & it got infested with modders / cheaters, I have tried to play the race gametypes and everytime I get out in 1st I get teleported back to the start

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

Old 08-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tom View Post

I thought the Online Achievements for GTA4 were a bitch too, I was stuck on Rank 8 for years. However with a lot of Hangmans Noose ($4,500 in less than 3 minutes) you can set yourself a daily cash target and get yourself to Rank 10.

Having an Achievement like "Wanted" for hitting Rank 10 and earning $5,000,000 keeps users Playing the Multiplayer for longer and is one of the main reasons why a considerable number of people are still playing GTA4's Multiplayer over 5 years after it was released.

Therefore, I wouldn't mind a similarly time consuming Achievement like GTA4's Wanted Achievement for GTA5 Online especially if it's going to be as amazing as it looks from the very little detail Rockstar have gone into so far.
I agree, and all this would go even quicker if you played with people with a clue or just just friends instead of random players online, which is what I did for when I went for it on Xbox. :/ The amount of stuff you can do on V online makes it even easier..and you just know Wanted 2.0 is going to happen!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2345 View Post
I doubt there will be 2 lists, more like one list with 75% single-player stuff and 25% online.

Speaking of the GTA 4 online achievements I dont believe they were that bad, just R* lost touch with the community & it got infested with modders / cheaters, I have tried to play the race gametypes and everytime I get out in 1st I get teleported back to the start
This is why I stopped playing IVS online is hackers and modders. They are out of control now.

GTAV will have one list. The current list says ''Online'' ''SP''achivements.

The game is saying ''GTA Online'' cause it will be so massive World of warcraft will cry out of fear of losing gamers to another game.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #12
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Since the list has now been revealed, I'm going to close this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
Closed Thread