Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
X360A vs PS3T competition

The members of X360A and PS3T will be competing head to head in a tournament that coincides with the GSL and THL on each site.

Qualifications:
In order to participate in the competition, you must meet the rules to participate in the individual site competitions, either THL or GSL. You must sign up by the deadline with a team of four as posted on the individual sites.

Number of Participants:
The admins of each site will ensure there are an equal number of participants. If one site has more teams sign up than the other, certain teams will be designated by the admin as not contributing to the cross-site competition.

Competition Period:
The competition will start on September 29th, 2013 at 0800 PT and run for 8 weeks, ending on December 1st at 0800 PT.

Scoring:
Scoring will be determined by the total number of achievements unlocked compared to the total number of trophies unlocked.

Disqualifications:
Participation in this competition requires you comply with the rules of the individual site competitions. If you become disqualified for any reason, your entire contribution will be removed from the tallies for the competition.

Special rules:
On PS3T, no auto-unlock games are permitted, as is stated in the standard THL rules. On X360A, Fallout 3 PC is not permitted to count for the cross site competition, but can be used for the GSL scoring purposes.

Prizes:
The participants on the winning site will be awarded a special badge...as will the losers. Also, individual and team MVP awards will be handed out the participants on both sites who led the overall contribution.

The Gamerscore League forum can be found here. It contains threads to help you create a team, officially sign up, and talk with fellow competitors.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Let the flood gates open, and wash our enemies from the face of the earth....

"Hit it"
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
The participants on the winning site will be awarded a special badge...as will the losers.
A duck face, or is there something worse

Wait, what am I saying, of course we'll win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Let the flood gates open, and wash our enemies from the face of the earth....
LMAO!

Good luck everyone!

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Aww, didn't use my banner... *cough* here it is *cough*

Just signed our team up! Just got to get our name sorted now!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
A duck face, or is there something worse
I dunno that duck face is pretty awful, but something absolutely terrible to commemorate the inaugural cross-site war should be in order

Like.... when we win the PS3T guys have to wear a "Tunnel Snakes!! I mean... x360a Rules!" badge or something.

"Hit it"
Old 08-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Aww, didn't use my banner... *cough* here it is *cough*

Just signed our team up! Just got to get our name sorted now!
You're stuck with that team name!!! HAHAHAHA!!

The rules clearly stated no editing your post, it's final!

<insert evil laugh here>

From the sign up thread:
Quote:
Please note that once information is posted in this thread, it is considered final.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 08-16-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I dunno that duck face is pretty awful, but something absolutely terrible to commemorate the inaugural cross-site war should be in order

Like.... when we win the PS3T guys have to wear a "Tunnel Snakes!! I mean... x360a Rules!" badge or something.
Trust me. The lose awards will suck a little but it won't be a Duckface, it'll be worse. I've been asked to design them but some ideas have been thrown about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
You're stuck with that team name!!! HAHAHAHA!!

The rules clearly stated no editing your post, it's final!

<insert evil laugh here>
Didn't mention names. Yeh it says final but goes on to say about people dropping out. Either way, it'll be funny to have that name if we aren't allowed to edit that part in.

Who says I'm not in the edit page still because I noticed a link was wrong... ;P

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 08-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Didn't mention names. Yeh it says final but goes on to say about people dropping out. Either way, it'll be funny to have that name if we aren't allowed to edit that part in.

Who says I'm not in the edit page still because I noticed a link was wrong... ;P
Derp

The mighty dragon does not tolerate... stupidity?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Derp

The mighty dragon does not tolerate... stupidity?
That would be ONE way of stating the obvious....

Old 08-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Grifter Reborn

Quote:

Gotta admit that team name is not only funny, but kinda catchy too.

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Gotta admit that team name is not only funny, but kinda catchy too.
Whew....

Thanks for registering first Nozza.... LOL!!! We haven't settled on a name yet, almost got called "To be determined"

"Hit it"
Old 08-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Bah. I can live with that team name. Lets hope the others are ok with it... I'm so damn dedicated, I've even done a a GSL team sig!

I do have a question, even though I know you guys have probably already covered it. What about the next-gen stuff. Can you tell us somewhere that this will be ok to use during the contest. Can you be sure that your scans will still work etc.

Would be good to know.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 08-16-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
StayonTarget
Obligatory Countdown

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'm in. Let's kick some ass!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Eric B14

Ericbwn16's Gamercard
Since you guys have no chance of beating us I thought I would stop by and tell you guys of three games with amazingly quick and easy achievements.

They are:
  • Uncharted 2
  • God of War 3
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
*Runs back to PS3T*

Seriously though, good luck guys, you're gonna need it.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
so I read the participation guidelines and something isn't clear. I used to be online all the time. Now I don't have access to online all the time, so I do some offline gaming. Will offline achievements make me ineligible for this event?

Also are we going to be broken down into different teams within the site or one giant team?

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Old 08-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B14 View Post
Since you guys have no chance of beating us I thought I would stop by and tell you guys of three games with amazingly quick and easy achievements.

They are:
  • Uncharted 2
  • God of War 3
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
*Runs back to PS3T*

Seriously though, good luck guys, you're gonna need it.
LOL! Yeah, watching the conversation over there compared to over here, I am pretty sure that X360A is going to get completely destroyed. Most folks here are "in it for a casual team" and most folks over there are "LET US BE THE DESTROYER OF X360A!!! RAAAWWWRRRRR!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
so I read the participation guidelines and something isn't clear. I used to be online all the time. Now I don't have access to online all the time, so I do some offline gaming. Will offline achievements make me ineligible for this event?

Also are we going to be broken down into different teams within the site or one giant team?
There is nothing in the rules about online vs offline, as long the achievements are legitimately earned. Regarding the GSL, you are broken into teams. Regarding the cross-site competition, the score is site vs site.

Last edited by Creech; 08-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Are we all going to get Duckfaces for our inevitable defeat?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Are we all going to get Duckfaces for our inevitable defeat?
apparently it's gonna be worse than duckfaces, but i was getting used to mine before it was taken from me. it's the only award i can get now

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
LOL! Yeah, watching the conversation over there compared to over here, I am pretty sure that X360A is going to get completely destroyed. Most folks here are "in it for a casual team" and most folks over there are "LET US BE THE DESTROYER OF X360A!!! RAAAWWWRRRRR!!!"
Our casual teams are gonna wipe the floor with you PS3T punks.

Last edited by Gackt; 08-18-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
Eric B14

Ericbwn16's Gamercard
Quote:
Lol, I'll be going casually so don't expect much trouble from me.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #22
jaesub

I like the idea of the winning site designing the loser site's awards.

To all yous Xbox folk,

Good Luck but not really you know

Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's probably the sign of an inferiority complex. PS3Trophies feels they need to prove something, while the superior site realises it has nothing it needs to prove.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #24
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Our casual teams are gonna wipe the floor with you PS3T punks.
Our casual teams are about on par with those who are putting in the effort over at PS3T, so it wouldn't be fair if we really went for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #25
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:

There is nothing in the rules about online vs offline, as long the achievements are legitimately earned. Regarding the GSL, you are broken into teams. Regarding the cross-site competition, the score is site vs site.
ok, so in order to be in the cross site competition you have to be in GSL?

I'm so confused....

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #26
Foxxy kyle

RemoveObama96's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
ok, so in order to be in the cross site competition you have to be in GSL?

I'm so confused....
I believe that is the case. You and I could always get a casual team together so we can be included against ps3t. I dont really care about GSL, I just want to help get my share of achievements against ps3t.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #27
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
I believe that is the case. You and I could always get a casual team together so we can be included against ps3t. I dont really care about GSL, I just want to help get my share of achievements against ps3t.
Sweet! Set it up on the GSL forum and lets go for last place!

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #28
Grifter Reborn

So now I'm confused...

When you say online vs. offline, you mean what exactly?

I could've sworn all cheevos unlocked during the tourney required a time stamp...

Change is inevitable.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
So now I'm confused...

When you say online vs. offline, you mean what exactly?

I could've sworn all cheevos unlocked during the tourney required a time stamp...
Nope, not for GSL. However any online achievement that is unlocked offline would be a dead giveaway of cheating.

Read them.... apply them.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #30
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
Nope, not for GSL. However any online achievement that is unlocked offline would be a dead giveaway of cheating.
Nothing to worry about here. Any online achievements will have a time-stamp. I just don't connect to live as much as I used to. I still game offline though.

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Closed Thread