Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Xbox One Integration: Stage 1

Since I seemed to be the only person excited about the new flag system for release dates, perhaps this will be a more popular announcement.

So we have a lot of work to do to fully integrate the Xbox One as a part of our community. While the website's name will eventually change (we know what it is but we aren't sharing just yet!), the infrastructure will essentially remain the same, so we're beginning to bring the Xbox One into the fold sooner rather than later.

The first step was to create a new "designation" for games in our admin section. Each game we add to the site is put into a category whether it is a retail/arcade/Japanese/WP/W8. We now have an Xbox One category. What this means is that I have switched over all Xbox One exclusive games, and created a second listing of any game that will be released on both generations.

Why would I create two listings for the same game? Well, if you missed it, there was a confirmation a few weeks ago that all games released on both generations will feature two achievement lists. There will be one standard list for the 360 version, and one special cloud enhanced list for the One version.

To accommodate the eventual existence of two lists, and to give everyone the option of choosing which games to add to their Wish Lists on their profiles, you'll now (for instance) see two "Thief" listings. This will work much as stackable games currently do. You'll want to pay attention to the box art and URL to make sure you have the version you want. Any Xbox One stack will have "xbox-one" at the end of its URL. Xbox One exclusive games will not need this addition to their URL obviously.

Finally, we have added an Xbox One section to the Upcoming Games link. Since there will no longer be a distinction on Microsoft's end between "retail" and "arcade" Xbox One games, all games released on the console will be under the same heading. Thief is the only game with a confirmed Xbox One release date so far, but once the console's release date is actually announced this list will swell with all the confirmed launch titles.

I hope you like this first step, and please feel free to drop any feedback you may have!

Edit: There may be some Xbox 360 versions of games that are sporting the Xbox One cover art from before I did this work tonight. Please report (and if possible provide the 360 cover art) and I will correct them. I also need to create forums for each of the stacking versions so they can be discussed separately since the online communities and achievement lists will be different. I'll work on that soon.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 08-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Times are changing and it's good to see and hear X360A making relevant changes. Vaguely remember the site from 2008/2009, so looking forward to seeing the next big update.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Sasquach11235
Subscribing Member

Sasquach11235's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Thanks for the update. I did miss the notice about double achievement lists and seeing it in you post made my day.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Good news. I like all these changes for the next generation, makes everything more exciting.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Brilliant stuff. Glad we're getting to know this now rather than later. Different forums for the same game definitely makes sense due to the achievements lists and so. Can't wait for the coming weeks.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I see big things happening very soon, and I'm very eager to see how it all get handled.

Oh, and yay for Thief!

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #7
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Looks like I will need a few more pages added to my big list of games needing G+Rs. Troy!!!

Looking forward to the changes ;(
Old 08-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #8
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Looks like I will need a few more pages added to my big list of games needing G+Rs. Troy!!!

Looking forward to the changes ;(
... yay more stuff to do ... :/
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 08-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
"Come gather 'round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown"

It's great to see you guys moving forward at a strong speed. I don't want to wait until 2015 for everything to be functioning again and it doesn't look like that'll be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #10
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
But I want to here more about the flags beside the release dates
Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #11
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
What's this flag system all aboot?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
What's this flag system all aboot?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=513495
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
BigBlueBunny

Bunny Skill's Gamercard
Xbox one, I think i'm going to wait in till the price drops :P
Old 08-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
Judge Bergan
The Judge

Judge Bergan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Green Thumb - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Awesome news! Seems like you guys are on top of it. I'm curious to see how the Challenges play out here...how they will appear on our screen, how we will be able to track them via our Xbox, how they will be tracked here...ect. Exciting Times ahead :P.

Microsoft Xbox MVP 2014

Xbox Ambassador - Level 14
Writer for Xboxgamer.me
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
PROGamer83

PROGamer83's Gamercard
It really does not bother me either and I don't know why people are not liking it. I understand when you do sell a game or even rent it that they may be some more achievements coming. That is the samething with DLC when they add more achievements to a game.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
It seems x360a is on top of things!

Now I'll just have to wait the XB1 becomes someday available around here.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

Old 08-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
ROCKETxKNIGHTER

ROCKEToRACCOON's Gamercard
Cool

No matter what I'm not buying the Xbox 1 untill there is a price drop and the system gets a slim version or something equal to a slim version.

This will take about say two or three years but thats fine by me, I have too many games both old and modern games.
Also for modern games I rather stick to PC, WiiU, 360 and PS3.

Also the xbox 1 libary is pretty terrible... I only have my sights on the Killer instinct reboot but I'm gonna wait for that game to get a retail release, and mirrors edge 2 but that game will get ported to PC which is far more superior.

If X1 gets a huge price drop, new model and 20 games I love then I will buy it.

I'm not a fan of the new look on Deadrising 3 but I'm not gonna bash on that game because I'm not a jerk also its a functional game.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
Kirianryuk

Kirian Ryuk's Gamercard
im stoked with this news thanks much appreciated guys looking forward to more
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
Exilevibe

Exilevibe's Gamercard
:)

Glad to see the site is going to evolve with the consoles, I use it all the time
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #20
EZRVo

SkyBlueMeth's Gamercard
Nice post! So excited!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #21
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Can't wait to see how this place evolves. Awesome work gang!!

"Hit it"
Old 09-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
medieval75

medieval75's Gamercard
I agree! This is a fantastic site.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Now that the release date has been set for the console, check it out:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/upcoming/XboxOne/

Soooooooo sexy!

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Oooooh, looks rather sexy.