Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Payday 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I added a video for "I knew What I did was Wrong" and added some more detail on the achievement that hopefully is useful to you as well as others.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Just did Painting Yourself Into a Corner with my shiny new Ghost/Mastermind build. My description is a bit lengthy, so if you use it feel free to cut it down a bit

This will be a SOLO-GHOST guide if you want to use it, to help offset the possible host-only problem.

Skills needed - Intimidate (needed), Smooth Talker (recommended, but not always needed. I didn't have it), The ECM door unlock ability could also be very helpful, though I didn't need it. Also, the inside man skill can be used here to get security access, but I didn't have that either.

Start off by climbing to the roof using the staircase on the side of the building by the bathroom door. Look into the skylight windows to spot cameras, guards, the security, and most importantly, your way in, which will be a large stack of boxes (or a statue?) covered in a sheet that will usually appear in either the Eastern or South Western room (though I've seen it in every room at least once). Once you've scoped everything out, use those boxes to safely drop down into the gallery (make sure you use the open window, instead of breaking through the glass).

Once you're inside, you'll want to start keeping an eye open for the guards, and cameras first, and as be aware of potential laser-walls that will usually block one of the doorways between any two sections of the art gallery. Breaking that beam can cause the alarm to go off, however if you intimidate someone in the beam, the beam will disappear - something to consider. There are generally 4 or 5 guards roaming the main gallery, with one more guard always stationed at the front desk, who you will need to take out (usually kill, I found him hard to intimidate for whatever reason), and one more guard always in the security room, which you can actually ignore if you efficiently intimidate/kill all of the other guards, and melee the cameras.

Once the areas is completely cleared out, with all of the cameras and guards taken care off, start looking for the paintings with the red stickers to the bottom right of them, which means they were sold to the guy you're trying to frame. Grab them with and start piling them up in the main hall, near the front desk, before lockpicking the front door and moving the paintings to the van.

In my experience, the most difficult part of the mission is dealing with failed intimidation attempts, as you can only kill at most two people, while making sure you answer both pagers (requires smooth talker for 2 pagers).

By the way, I have confirmed you only need FOUR bags of meth for Caribbean Pirate.

Short Fuse
On day 3 of the Rat job, get away with 7 bags without defusing any bombs.

Form a group that has at least a couple of people with the Ghost Perk - Fast Hands, regular or Aced. Start the bus stop mission up and clear the area out around the bus completely while one or two people open up all of the suitcases on the bus (but do not loot). Once everyone is on the bus, someone without Fast Hands starts the countdown and the Fast Hands people start looting once the first person is about halfway done, otherwise the C4 will start counting down before the person without Fast Hands finishes looting. Each person grabs one bag and throws it out of the DOOR (the windows are far less reliable to throw through), as far as possible to avoid losing it in the explosion, then they hold onto their second bag and carry it off of the bus. This should result in at least 8 bags total, allowing you to miss at most 1 toss to the helicopter that comes to pick up the bags (NOT the escape helicopter), and for that part someone with Transporter aced is highly recommended.

Guessing Game
You don't need a drill if the alarm doesn't go off, so silent drilling is NOT needed. Only ECM door unlock is needed, fast lockpicking is recommended.
After well over 100 attempts on this, I would estimate the following frequencies of the box being the correct one to cut the wire in. It appears that the less frequent a box is, the more likely it will be the box you want to cut a wire in, with some exceptions.

* Note : This list is probably not complete, I avoided much of the first floor during my many (MANY) playthroughs

HIGH SUCCESS RATE
2nd Floor Office, front of building (From video. Passed 3-4 times)
Wall at corner from 2nd floor kitchen to end hallway at back right of building (Passed once, seen once)
2nd floor, across elevator staircase from kitchen, near possible server door (Passed twice)
On wall across from left side door, on your right just before turning right to find the stairs to the kitchen (Seen once, passed once)

MEDIUM SUCCESS RATE
Pillar near 2nd floor kitchen (Failed once, passed once, inaccessible once)
On wall across the hall from well lit room with projector hanging from the ceiling (Failed Once, Passed Once, ignored once)

LOW SUCCESS RATE
In small hallway at the back right of the building, near projector room (Failed once, passed once)
Pillar on 2nd floor balcony overlooking left side door (Failed twice, passed once)
Top of stairs nearest left side door (Failed twice, inaccessible due to camera twice)

VERY LOW SUCCESS RATE
Next to left side door (from video. Failed 5-6 times, passed once)

NEVER SUCCEEDED (The failed once ones, I have only seen once. note that I tend to avoid these areas)
2nd floor balcony overlooking front entrance (Failed 3-4 times)
Bottom of stairs to 2nd floor kitchen (Failed once)
Top of stairs to 2nd floor kitchen (Failed once)
Next to possible server room spawn at back right of 2nd floor, next to camera room (Failed 4-5 times)
First floor hallway with elevators in it (Failed once)

SERVER ROOM LOCATIONS
*Same deal here, probably an incomplete list
Near left exterior door (Common)
Back right of second floor, across from camera room (Common)
Back left of second floor across from projector room(Uncommon)
Front right of second floor, between balcony overlooking front doors and stairs to 1st floor elevators (I did not see this once during my achievement hunting solo runs, though the one time I did it in a group, that's where it was)

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 08-22-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
WPC Darth Vader

MSX Vader's Gamercard
Level 100 23.336.420 EXP

WPC Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 AM   #34
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Everything's been updated to this point. Just need some info on Café & Park escape as they've never shown up for me.

Shiftie, do you think I should add just the high & medium success rate for the correct wire box locations & server room locations to the guide or just all of it? I've just about given up on the achievement myself! -_-

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #35
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Everything's been updated to this point. Just need some info on Café & Park escape as they've never shown up for me.

Shiftie, do you think I should add just the high & medium success rate for the correct wire box locations & server room locations to the guide or just all of it? I've just about given up on the achievement myself! -_-
I've been offering to play to work on achievements!

Based on what I have played, I would assume Café and Park escapes are with Framing Frame and Firestarter.

Also, my cheapest weapons for primary and secondary were both $12,000, not $10,800.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 08-23-2013 at 02:03 AM.
xhunterrrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #36
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I've been offering to play to work on achievements!
And play we shall tomorrow. I'll even put Blacklist aside for you. I've been a little busy today helping a friend offsite and the 2 guys we were playing with earlier lol.

---

Old 08-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #37
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
And play we shall tomorrow. I'll even put Blacklist aside for you. I've been a little busy today helping a friend offsite and the 2 guys we were playing with earlier lol.
Ugh, fuuuuuuuuuck that achievement. I still can't believe we only have 2/4 done after all the time we have spent playing Rats.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #38
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:

To answer your last point; it's up to you They are obviously highly random, so it might even change from person to person, difficulty to difficulty, but if you want to do the highest 2, that's fine. Like I said, it took me at least 100 attempts to get the right boxes (and I seriously lucked out with a couple of red ! coming from somewhere in the building as I lugged the heavy ass server out to the van).

As for the two escapes. I've had the Cafe escape immediately after Framing Frame Day 1 (you need to go loud to get the cops for an escape). I would recommend grabbing 4 paintings that day, since that's the minimum you need to exit the area, and it will also allow you to quickly get out during the escape.

The escape itself takes place at a T-shaped intersection of road, with a cafe on the corner where players will want to hold up until the van shows up. It's a very small map, like all of the escape maps, and if each person is carrying one of the four paintings, they will be able to sprint to the van in under 30 seconds pretty easily.

I haven't done this myself, but I have come really close with 6 paintings to pickup. It's not overly difficult to quickly sneak 4 paintings out of the gallery, before opening up on the guards so they call the police, once you're already outside the security barrier that drops, so farming the achievement shouldn't be too bad.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 AM   #39
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Also, my cheapest weapons for primary and secondary were both $12,000, not $10,800.
I think I might have the trade value confused with their purchase value, will double check tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
To answer your last point; it's up to you They are obviously highly random, so it might even change from person to person, difficulty to difficulty, but if you want to do the highest 2, that's fine. Like I said, it took me at least 100 attempts to get the right boxes (and I seriously lucked out with a couple of red ! coming from somewhere in the building as I lugged the heavy ass server out to the van).

As for the two escapes. I've had the Cafe escape immediately after Framing Frame Day 1 (you need to go loud to get the cops for an escape). I would recommend grabbing 4 paintings that day, since that's the minimum you need to exit the area, and it will also allow you to quickly get out during the escape.

The escape itself takes place at a T-shaped intersection of road, with a cafe on the corner where players will want to hold up until the van shows up. It's a very small map, like all of the escape maps, and if each person is carrying one of the four paintings, they will be able to sprint to the van in under 30 seconds pretty easily.

I haven't done this myself, but I have come really close with 6 paintings to pickup. It's not overly difficult to quickly sneak 4 paintings out of the gallery, before opening up on the guards so they call the police, once you're already outside the security barrier that drops, so farming the achievement shouldn't be too bad.
Ok, I'll add some of the info you posted on GG as it's bound to come across as useful for some players.

As for the Café escape, I'm guessing this pretty much has to be done with 4 players then? Otherwise shifting the minimum 4 paintings to the van within 30 seconds would be impossible by yourself and tough with 2-3 players.

---

Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #40
Shiftie

Quote:

As for the Café escape, I'm guessing this pretty much has to be done with 4 players then? Otherwise shifting the minimum 4 paintings to the van within 30 seconds would be impossible by yourself and tough with 2-3 players.
Well you can sprint with paintings, and I think Shinobi(?) will increase your sprint speed. Wear light armor (or suit), and pray for the closest spawns, and you should still be able to do it with 2 or 3 people. 1 would definitely be pushing it. As long as everyone is paying attention, it should work fine (not everyone was paying attention when I did it either ).

I'm not sure if it shows up after Day 2, but obviously lugging around 4 bags is a different story.

edit:
Coming in Hot 10
On day 1 of the Watchdogs job, don't let the cops shoot and destroy the escape vehicle.

Don't forget to mention you can buy an armored car asset that will drastically increase the survivability of the driver. It's also easier to accomplish this achievement if the bags are quickly tossed into the back of the truck, meaning if the truck is in a location close to the team (the best choice being the window to the back alley, found in the offices directly behind the truck you start in), or having the drop point being the spot close to where the pickup is, on the left side of the map, as the escape truck will always spawn from that end of the street, and is thus only a quick trip down the stairs to reach it.

Worst case scenario, the team has to make the long haul all the way down the bridge to the far right side drop off point, and then all the way back to the escape point, which IS possible with good teamwork, but obviously more complicated.

Also, despite the achievement description, only the driver needs to get shot and killed to fail.

Doctor Fantastic 30
On day 2 of the Big Oil job, complete the heist with the first engine being correct.

Just an addition to this as well (another bullet), there is also a clipboard that will have "# x H" in the bottom left of the clipboard. The number signifies the number of hoses that will lead to the top of the larger tank.
ex. 2 x H means there will be 2 hoses, 3 x H = 3, 1 x H =1.

You also don't necessarily need to do any math for the psi->bar if you simply note that 5812=400psi on the computer, by using a process of elimination looking at the gauges to determine which ones are under/over/equal to 400 psi, if you are otherwise torn between multiple identical engines. In my case, I saw that the engine was at like 5900psi, so I chose the one that was above 400bar (the other was exactly 400bar).
Basically = If it's at 5812psi=400bar, >5812psi=>400bar, <5812psi=<400bar. I visually looked at what was "above" the bar in both cases, and picked that one.
I have yet to see a situation where two otherwise identical engines are also over or under 400 psi to different degrees, but I suppose that would throw my shortcut out the window if that happened

p.s. feel free to send me a check for all of my help

Last edited by Shiftie; 08-23-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #41
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

^ Cheers dude I've updated everything apart from Guessing Game list, really not sure on that. Otherwise the Guide should be complete, if anyone wants to add anything feel free.

---

Old 08-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #42
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Me and my friends just did Framing Frames, full stealth ... Got the first 2 achievements just fine,but the didn't get the third. Is this just a random glitch? I don't wanna do that all again and not get the achievement ...

No alarms went off, I got detected a few times so I could shout the guards down. Can't think of anything I did wrong ... maybe it's just glitchy.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #43
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Just how the hell do you get the Cafe escape? Seriously? Me and my group have tried everything and out of like 20 tries we only ended up getting Park twice and no Cafe!

Like... wtf?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #44
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
Me and my friends just did Framing Frames, full stealth ... Got the first 2 achievements just fine,but the didn't get the third. Is this just a random glitch? I don't wanna do that all again and not get the achievement ...

No alarms went off, I got detected a few times so I could shout the guards down. Can't think of anything I did wrong ... maybe it's just glitchy.
Did you tale ALL the gold to the sack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Just how the hell do you get the Cafe escape? Seriously? Me and my group have tried everything and out of like 20 tries we only ended up getting Park twice and no Cafe!

Like... wtf?
I got Park 4 times in a row until Café finally showed up, although it's kind of random, you should play in a group of 4 players, steal 6 paintings, have 1 person get arrested while the rest escape during an police assault. Café will show up eventually.

---

Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #45
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:

I got Park 4 times in a row until Café finally showed up, although it's kind of random, you should play in a group of 4 players, steal 6 paintings, have 1 person get arrested while the rest escape during an police assault. Café will show up eventually.
Do you need to steal 6? I usually just grab 4, shoot a guard to alert the guard in the security room, wait for assault in progress to start and leave. I get escape to show up 9 times out of 10 like that but so far never the cafe escape.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #46
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Do you need to steal 6? I usually just grab 4, shoot a guard to alert the guard in the security room, wait for assault in progress to start and leave. I get escape to show up 9 times out of 10 like that but so far never the cafe escape.
The best chances my group had for Café was stealing 6+ in co-op and having at least one person get arrested before finishing the day.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #47
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

I don't understand the getting arrested part but that is what we did and it eventually showed up. Definitely should grab 6 paintings though, no more or less.

---

Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #48
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
The best chances my group had for Café was stealing 6+ in co-op and having at least one person get arrested before finishing the day.
Quote:
I don't understand the getting arrested part but that is what we did and it eventually showed up. Definitely should grab 6 paintings though, no more or less.
Roger that. Will give it a few goes later today. Thx for the tips.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #49
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Have one person go down and end up in custody...
Old 08-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #50
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Have one person go down and end up in custody...
No I do understand what it means but don't get why it affects the escape to show up.

---

Old 08-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #51
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
No I do understand what it means but don't get why it affects the escape to show up.
Because it does, haha. This game doesn't make much sense, so whatever seems to work is worth trying.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #52
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Because it does, haha. This game doesn't make much sense, so whatever seems to work is worth trying.
No argument there lol but to be fair even doing what we did it took you and Chaos about 10 games for it to show up lol.

This game takes the piss at the end of the day.

---

Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 AM   #53
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
GUYS! Just saw this posted over on PS3T for They See Me Baggin, They Hatin and it worked! At least it worked for me and a friend, back to back first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickster69
For people that need "They see me Baggin', They Hatin" here is a nice trick that works. I got it from a friend and we tried it together and it worked perfect. But we did have a game where it didn't work but that may happen now and then but the odds of it working is far greater than playing normal. Not sure where he got this from so no credit to me, I'm just passing it on. So here you go:

Day 1
1) Two people cooks a total of 5 bags
2) As soon as the 5th bag is made, get into the van during assault
Now this loads Overpass Escape
3) Complete Escape mission

Day 2
1) Leave all bags outside van
2) Two or Three players runs straight to a building (someone go right another left)
3) When fight starts, 3rd or 4th player throws the bags back into the van. The other two or three players must find two stacks of money on the sofa and one from the safe (most of the time the money is on the left and the money from the safe is in the right). If none in a safe then restart.
4) Get those bags into the van
5) Stay and fight off cops until the THIRD assault
6) Get in van during the third assault
And finally....
7) TROPHY TIME!!

Remember if this fails to work for you, try it again. We done it a couple times in a row and only once it failed so your chances here are far better than playing normal. Good luck!
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3865049-post33.html
Old 08-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #54
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
GUYS! Just saw this posted over on PS3T for They See Me Baggin, They Hatin and it worked! At least it worked for me and a friend, back to back first try.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3865049-post33.html
Just to add, I've found that when the lab explodes, escapes ALMOST ALWAYS appear.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #55
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we did, I thought it didn't matter though? Just had to get at least 1 gold in with no alarm and escape?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #56
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we did, I thought it didn't matter though? Just had to get at least 1 gold in with no alarm and escape?
You should most definitely deliver all the gold to be safe because it's not know whether you just take 1 or 3 or all of it. If you did it properly and the alarm never tripped then I honestly don't know why it didn't unlock for you. :/ Shouldn't matter if you get detected long as you take care of the situation quick.

---

Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #57
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'll be making video guides for this game over the next coming days, I'll post them here and/or PM you.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #58
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

The exact XP needed for level 100 is 23336416.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #59
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Quote:
You should most definitely deliver all the gold to be safe because it's not know whether you just take 1 or 3 or all of it. If you did it properly and the alarm never tripped then I honestly don't know why it didn't unlock for you. :/ Shouldn't matter if you get detected long as you take care of the situation quick.
Hmm, I'm thinking it just glitched cause some things in this game are kinda buggy. But now I know that Framing Frames is super easy to stealth with the shouting down enemies skill, and we get almost a million for a 3 star job, so I don't mind replaying it to try again
Old 08-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #60
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I'll be making video guides for this game over the next coming days, I'll post them here and/or PM you.
Cheers dude look forward to them!

Quote:
The exact XP needed for level 100 is 23336416.
Thanks updated, looks like I was $4 off lol.

Quote:
Hmm, I'm thinking it just glitched cause some things in this game are kinda buggy. But now I know that Framing Frames is super easy to stealth with the shouting down enemies skill, and we get almost a million for a 3 star job, so I don't mind replaying it to try again
The Domiantor skill makes everything so much easier and better, and the xp is great for that job too.

---