PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Gamerscore League
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #301
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany Show View Post
I plan to atleast try & put up more points than the 30k I did last year.

Think I have the games to be able to do it. Would help me get over the 400k mark aswell.

Isn't this years competition on for a slightly longer time, or am I just not very observant enough?
IIRC, previous GSLs were 6 weeks and this one is 9.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #302
Sam Bradford Jr

Thaolax's Gamercard
very interesting indeed
Old 09-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #303
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
IIRC, previous GSLs were 6 weeks and this one is 9.

Aah I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I was also wondering what happens if one of PS3T & x360a has more teams than the other? Do we just accept the advantage one site has over the other in regards to number participating?

You've probably already cleared this up Creech.

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #304
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Aah I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I was also wondering what happens if one of PS3T & x360a has more teams than the other? Do we just accept the advantage one site has over the other in regards to number participating?

You've probably already cleared this up Creech.
I think it's been established that PS3T WILL have more teams than us, as they usually do, so however many teams we manage, they match, to make it even.

Need people to boost the Online achievements on Two Worlds II!!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #305
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I think it's been established that PS3T WILL have more teams than us, as they usually do, so however many teams we manage, they match, to make it even.
We've got 15 established teams thus far. 60 participants. If each of us earns 100 achievements = 6,000.

I do not envy whomever is responsible for accounting for all of this.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #306
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
I plan to atleast try & put up more points than the 30k I did last year.

Think I have the games to be able to do it. Would help me get over the 400k mark aswell.

Isn't this years competition on for a slightly longer time, or am I just not very observant enough?
Remember during this longer GSL time as well, we have a few days of XB1 achievements to grab!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #307
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
So this is where i publicly humiliate myself, but after trying and failing, quite spectacularly, to do the Oman account thing, i've fucked my main account up and am out of this GSL I'm a little bit ashamed, no, very ashamed of how stupid i was. i thought i was pretty intelligent too. apparently not.

Anyway, i thought i would just post this here, to declare that i'm unfortunately out. it's going to be pretty lonely around here for me over the next few months...

i'll still be reading pretty much everything that everyone posts during the competition though. i can pretend that i'm involved to stop myself from having to cry.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #308
PenderPowguin

Nooooooo!!!

We must find a way!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #309
otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
So this is where i publicly humiliate myself, but after trying and failing, quite spectacularly, to do the Oman account thing, i've fucked my main account up and am out of this GSL I'm a little bit ashamed, no, very ashamed of how stupid i was. i thought i was pretty intelligent too. apparently not.

Anyway, i thought i would just post this here, to declare that i'm unfortunately out. it's going to be pretty lonely around here for me over the next few months...

i'll still be reading pretty much everything that everyone posts during the competition though. i can pretend that i'm involved to stop myself from having to cry.

Oh god bro. Don't tell me you region changed your main account or something.....

Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #310
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:

What did you do?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #311
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Oh god bro. Don't tell me you region changed your main account or something.....
HELL NO!

maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
What did you do?
Erm, just a slight technical problem. Suffice to say, i'll see you all in about 3 months

Last edited by Scotty; 09-15-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #312
Corrupt.
Die, puny Earthlings

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Surely a permanent duckface is in order for this.

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #313
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
Seconded

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 09-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #314
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega View Post
Seconded
I disagree! It wasn't my fau...well maybe it was a little bit, but it was mostly Microsofts fault for not stopping me, so they should somehow get the duckface, right? guys?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #315
StayonTarget
Red Three Standing By

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
I disagree! It wasn't my fau...well maybe it was a little bit, but it was mostly Microsofts fault for not stopping me, so they should somehow get the duckface, right? guys?
I don't even understand how you botched that up... only thing you change is the locale on your system settings. You then use the Oman account.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #316
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
What the heck did you do? How bad did you have to screw up to get a 3 month ban?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #317
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I don't even understand how you botched that up... only thing you change is the locale on your system settings. You then use the Oman account.
it was the whole 'change location on xbox.com on a dummy account' part. kinda did that with my main account instead. i mean, in my defence i did everything else correct, just not that one, well pretty important part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
What the heck did you do? How bad did you have to screw up to get a 3 month ban?
WOW, i didn't get banned. I don't want people thinking i did something cheatingly wrong. i just messed up the location change on xbox.com and you can't change it back for 3 months.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #318
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Not taking responsibility... that's a very American response. In America, it's always someone else's fault

Do you live here? If not, you just passed the citizenship test. Congrats!

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #319
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Not taking responsibility... that's a very American response. In America, it's always someone else's fault

Do you live here? If not, you just passed the citizenship test. Congrats!
No i don't live in America. But hey, i did something right today then.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #320
Capn Doug

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Quote:
it was the whole 'change location on xbox.com on a dummy account' part. kinda did that with my main account instead. i mean, in my defence i did everything else correct, just not that one, well pretty important part.

WOW, i didn't get banned. I don't want people thinking i did something cheatingly wrong. i just messed up the location change on xbox.com and you can't change it back for 3 months.
Yeah, I clued into that when I was responding to other stuff. Long day at work.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #321
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
No i don't live in America. But hey, i did something right today then.
Holy crap....did you just change the region of your main account to a place with no xbox live?!?!

I would cal M$ and tell them you did it by mistake (leaving out the part that you were trying to get free games).

Old 09-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #322
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I would cal M$ and tell them you did it by mistake (leaving out the part that you were trying to get free games).
That's what I said!

Say it was your younger brother, as it clearly states in their rules, a minor is not able to change regions. It was all a mistake, brother was goofing on the computer, insert angry consumer demand list!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #323
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
HELL NO!

maybe

Erm, just a slight technical problem. Suffice to say, i'll see you all in about 3 months
Quote:
Quote:
Seconded
Bwuahahahahaha!!!! I mean, yeah, it sucks for the GSL and cross site, deal, but there is some serious humor here. I totally agree with the duckface, albeit not permanent. But perhaps two of them instead.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #324
Capn Doug

Quote:
Bwuahahahahaha!!!! I mean, yeah, it sucks for the GSL and cross site, deal, but there is some serious humor here. I totally agree with the duckface, albeit not permanent. But perhaps two of them instead.
I count 3 duck faces
Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #325
StayonTarget
Red Three Standing By

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Damn it Scotty! You were the chief engineer! Now she's gone! The ship's dead!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #326
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Quote:
Thought about posting a pick of myself doing the duckface to be funny - then sanity prevailed. I've been on vacation and haven't shaved in 8 days. It would be the most terrifying thing ever. Possibly a ban-able offense.

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 09-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #327
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, i was fully expecting to wake up to 12 new massages, so it could be worse. I think i was being a bit too optimistic expecting nothing but sympathy and well wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
I count 3 duck faces
NO! rubber ducky is not a duckface...he's a rubber ducky! HUGE difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Damn it Scotty! You were the chief engineer! Now she's gone! The ship's dead!
let's be honest, i was never gonna make a difference. like i've said in previous posts, i was not going to do well in the comp. Ha, but if you lose by just a couple of achievements, then i'm making for the border!

Old 09-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #328
Corrupt.
Die, puny Earthlings

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well, i was fully expecting to wake up to 12 new massages, so it could be worse.

What a morning that would be.

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #329
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
What a morning that would be.
Ah shit! It's 05:00am. Sigh, Creech, one more duck face, if you could.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #330
Capn Doug

Quote:
Well, i was fully expecting to wake up to 12 new massages, so it could be worse. I think i was being a bit too optimistic expecting nothing but sympathy and well wishes.
Sympathy? Well wishes? Boy, you know this is the internet, right? You'll never find a greater source of Schadenfreude in your life .

In seriousness, there are some great single player games available, and if you have a PC that can run it, GOG.com has some great, classic gaming experiences. If you've never played the old Sierra adventure games, play them now. I left Xbox for a week and revisited Quest for Glory at one point. Or, if you're a BioWare fan, pick up Baldur's Gate. You'll see so many influences on Mass Effect and Dragon Age in that series.

Ah... making me wistful of my PC gaming days...