Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Games you aren't the hugest fan of, but still play/want to play anyway

Here's mine
  • Dark Souls (didn't like it but I still want to play it for some reason)
  • Two Worlds 1 (II is fucking awesome though)
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Left 4 Dead 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Something about a million psychotic ninja women who resemble snakes attacking me turns me on I guess.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
-Aliens vs. Predator (hell of a lot better than Colonial Marines, but still not that great of a game)
-Bulletstorm (the controls are pretty awkward for an FPS game, takes a little getting used to)
-EDF: Insect Armageddon (beat 2017, but hardly touched this game)
-Red Faction: Armageddon (Guerilla was better, this game's linearity made it difficult to get into)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Epic Louie

Epic Louie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Diablo III

I'm buying it to play with a friend, but I've never played that type of game before.

Epic Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Red faction armageddon. I knew next to nothing about the red faction series but i picked it up because it was a THQ game (only because they went under) i only played it because it seemed like fun and it was but it felt meh to me.

Halo, i was never a fan of it i just play it because hey its another shooter that isent COD.

Prototype 2, picked it up on a whim and it never did anything for me after i got the 1k on it.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Louie View Post
Diablo III

I'm buying it to play with a friend, but I've never played that type of game before.
I'm leaning towards that one. Played the original back in college, lost a lot of valuable study time to it

Also Saints Row 4, picked up SR3 on a whim, it was fun but nothing spectacular, so hoping 4 is at least a fun romp.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
-The whole Saints Row series
-Recent Call of Duty games
-Dead Rising 3

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I'm leaning towards that one. Played the original back in college, lost a lot of valuable study time to it

Also Saints Row 4, picked up SR3 on a whim, it was fun but nothing spectacular, so hoping 4 is at least a fun romp.
If you get D3, I'll finally get to play something with you

*spoiler alert*
I'm boring to play with. lol(not the chattiest person in the world)
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
Corrupt.
Guide Team High Council

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
If you get D3, I'll finally get to play something with you

*spoiler alert*
I'm boring to play with. lol(not the chattiest person in the world)
He's lying, you cant shut the fucker up!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
He's lying, you cant shut the fucker up!
Last time I joined a party with him he was all chat chat chat.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
Here's mine
  • Dark Souls (didn't like it but I still want to play it for some reason)
  • Two Worlds 1 (II is fucking awesome though)
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Left 4 Dead 2
Two Worlds 2 is awesome, and I will be playing it again soon. Dlc was impressive too.

Halo. I have not played a single Halo game since owning my Xbox and feel that I should make an effort to get cracking with it.

Far Cry. I have only played Far Cry 3, and I spent hours on it, and was my favourite retail game from last year. Wouldn't mind picking up the other 2 and seeing what they are like. Maybe even give Blood Dragon a whirl.

Apart from them, nothing else springs to mind.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Call of Duty

The franchise is so over rated and very unrealistic. It takes no skill or strategy to play hence why i despise the franchise. 3 shots to the chest doesnt kill enemies but a knife to the pinky toe is an instant kill. However, as much as i hate the franchise i will play it with my friends and for the achievements.

=]

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
Ive got the Halo series, Gears 1-3, and MW onwards of COD yet never really touched them (Played Halo 3 for a few hours at release and MW1 too) but i do plan to actually give them all a go.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #13
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Don't really no if I'm not a huge fan or not but I would really like to give the Far Cry series a shot. Heard Far Cry 3and Blood Dragon are great games. Just never gotten around to pick any of them up yet.
xRaW CaRNage x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
godsandm0nsters

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
Call of Duty and Battlefield. The only FPS' I actually don't mind are Crysis and Halo.

Retail Completions: 60 | Arcade Completions: 24
Last Completion: BioShock Infinite (1695)
Currently Playing: Aliens Colonial Marines, Spec Ops The Line
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #15
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaW CaRNage x View Post
Don't really no if I'm not a huge fan or not but I would really like to give the Far Cry series a shot. Heard Far Cry 3and Blood Dragon are great games. Just never gotten around to pick any of them up yet.
Blood Dragon is easily one of the best games this generation.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #16
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Louie View Post
Diablo III

Diablo III for me, too. Not usually much into dungeon crawlers and farming for loot, but I thought I'd give this one a try.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
Spade.
Parallax

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
CoD
Easy GS games
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #18
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
That is what I've heard. I'll definitely pick that up and far cry 3.
xRaW CaRNage x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 AM   #19
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Dark Souls (was too hard for me when I first played it, but would like to try again)
Really the only game I didn't like too much, and that was just based on the difficulty of it.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #20
tswish2005

TSWISH2005's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
Call of Duty

The franchise is so over rated and very unrealistic. It takes no skill or strategy to play hence why i despise the franchise. 3 shots to the chest doesnt kill enemies but a knife to the pinky toe is an instant kill. However, as much as i hate the franchise i will play it with my friends and for the achievements.

=]
I agree with this statement entirely. I'm so sick of CoD and all the fanboys that comes with the series. However I have friends that want to play so I play. Usually it's for the zombies. Can't stand multiplayer anymore
tswish2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
Exilevibe

Exilevibe's Gamercard
Diablo is an easy game to get into, but it will steal a lot of time before you realize how long you've been sitting
Exilevibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #22
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Dark Souls

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #23
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:

Oh my gosh the World is ending. FINALLY A GAME WE AGREE ON Gackt. :0

Ontopic hands down

Left 4 Dead 2

Overall its a step backwards compared to the first. I didn't like the characters compared to me LOVING The first game's characters. I just felt Coach,Rochelle,Nick,and Ellis were so generic and boring. When one talked I would be like SHUT UP PLEASE. The campaighns were no longer creepy and campaigns like Hard Rain were so annoying. The melee combat was meh,still no story as to how and why the outbreak happened.

But most of my friends play this more then the first so I guess thats why I play it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Dark Souls (was too hard for me when I first played it, but would like to try again)
Really the only game I didn't like too much, and that was just based on the difficulty of it.
I urge you, and everyone else who mentioned Dark Souls, to stick with it and push through the difficulty. When you get a feel for the game and get past the very steep learning curve, it gets better. Trust me. There are so many unique mechanics and enemies in this game that is making it one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, but you really must put effort into it to get the reward out of it.

On topic, as many times as I played GTA IV, attempted to enjoy it, rebought it on more than one occassion, I can't get past the fact that I hate it. But for whatever the reason I am still tempted to get it AGAIN every time I see it cheap at Gamestop or online thinking that maybe this time will be different and it suddenly will be good. Maybe it's all the hype around it part of me feels like I must like it as a gamer, sort of like Assassins Creed games, but I just can't enjoy them as much as I try, but the temptation to keep trying still lingers.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
That free Ben 10 game sucks pretty hard, but I want to get 200/200.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Back after a lengthy hiatus
Latest Completion: South Park: The Stick of Truth
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterMelonFarm View Post
That free Ben 10 game sucks pretty hard, but I want to get 200/200.
hahaha it's not that bad.. I got the survival mode cheevo the other day that was a pain in the ass. I'll likely finish it also and have another shameful game on my completion list to go with Avatar and Open Season.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I tried Dark Souls, I know when to admit defeat. I couldn't even get out of the asylum at the start!

I wanted to try Blacklist, but I just can't get into it. There's no tutorial to speak of, the game instantly throws you into some terrorist attack with hardly any introduction at all, the controls are odd (clicking to reload is hardly intuitive). And the game could really use a 'previously on Splinter Cell' bit, as I have zero clue about any of the characters, but the game seem to expect you to know who they all are.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #28
soldier95

TearfulPrawn77's Gamercard
Definitely Dark Souls for me. First time I played it I was not able to get past Undead Burg. After alot of hours of constant deaths I just gave up. I would really love to get back into it though.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #29
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Far Cry. I have only played Far Cry 3, and I spent hours on it, and was my favourite retail game from last year. Wouldn't mind picking up the other 2 and seeing what they are like. Maybe even give Blood Dragon a whirl.
Play the first one, but for the love of God skip part two. While it looks good, it's downright horrible in execution, plus the glitches, my god, I once had my car swallowed by the fucking ground, in the middle of no where. I had to walk so far in game I nearly shut the damn thing off. Not worth a moment of your time.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #30
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't have a list, I refuse to play any game that I am not a fan of.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote