Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Reminiscing and Replaying

Been thinking on this a bit, even with an ever growing backlog I'm remembering some past games I truly enjoyed and thought myself done with... but c'est la vie, guess I'm not.

Is there a game you haven't played in ages, maybe already beat the story to bits or 100%'d, and more or less considered yourself done with but having an itch to go back to it? Either to mop up some achievements or just for the joy of playing it again? Have a couple in mind and recently picking up Turning Point for a whopping $1.99 to do a bit of mop up reminded me of this.

Mirror's Edge: beautiful piece of work and with ME2 on the horizon I want to go back and not only relive the story but finally nip off Test of Faith for not using guns, basically play the game as DICE intended.

Dragon Age Origins: Not only did I absolutely love the game, the multiple ways to play through it and the absolutely hilarious dialogue, I have only 1 achievement standing between me and 100% on all the DLC: the dreaded Grim Reaper which gave me nightmares and chewed up so much time of my life with abject failure. The consideration now, several years later of replaying the entire game, sounds like a fair bit of fun and dammit I'm going to get Grim Reaper!!!

Too Human: As horrid as this sounds, only 1 achievement left and it's the co-op one. But I'm not willing to spend $10 on it. If I find it for $2 like Turning Point I'll pick it up. But until then it's not remotely tempting.

Metro 2033: damn damn dammit Last Light was pretty amazing and made me remember how great 2033 was. And even having played 2033 no less than three times I want to go back and do it again, this time on Ranger mode which I sadly neglected last time around.

Halo CE: fuck it I can always go back and play more of the original Halo.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I have several games like that. Mirror's Edge, WET, Afro Samurai, Anarchy Reigns, Dark Sector, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Rage, Limbo, Eat Lead, and Velvet Assassin. Those are the one's at the top of the list anyway.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Oblivion, WET and The Walking Dead come to mind

Already have hundreds of hours into Oblivion but I still go back to it occasionally.

WET has very epic gameplay which had me finish it 3 times .. so far

The Walking Dead is just a masterpiece. Still have to get the newest episode though (shame on me)

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Dragon Age Origins: I have only 1 achievement standing between me and 100% on all the DLC: the dreaded Grim Reaper which gave me nightmares and chewed up so much time of my life with abject failure.!
Phew...That is a horrifically rough achievement. One I am still lacking. Overall, I am 7 shy from 100%, but I do want to go back and finish this game soon. I think I quit after having some trouble with the whole "Kill X amount of Darkspawn" achievement not popping for me.

Two Worlds: Sure, it is a pretty bad game, but I got in to the swing of things, and was progressing nicely, then the game froze and I had no recent save, and I lost a huge amount of gameplay. So I put it away, and have had a hard time getting back in to it. (I want that 370 achievement!)

Tropico 3: I simply love this series, and have 100% in tropico 4. But my disc got messed up, and I have not been motivated enough to replace my copy. Soon...soon.

There are probably some others, but those come to mind off the top of my head.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I just had this with Fallout 3 but instead went back to New Vegas that I barely played. Its been a blast.

I also have that ongoing urge to go back to Red Dead Redemption.. I have 1000+ out of the game, 100% campaign and undead nightmare but I just love the game and always want to go back and play it more.

For the love of god give us a next gen Red Dead.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the 360, it'd probably be the Mass Effect series. Ending to 3 aside, it was one of the more enjoyable game series I've played and would like to play through as a different Shepard.

For other systems, I do find myself drifting back to Civilization III and IV every now and again. I've also replayed Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger many a times. Also, thanks to the recent Steam release, I've been enjoying Rise of the Triad again.

TIE Fighter and Risk (1997 PC version) would also be on that list if I still had a computer old enough to run them (And if my Risk CD was still intact).

Hell, there are probably more that I'd go back to and replay again, but that triple-digit backlog coupled with an overall lack of free time tends to steer me away the nostalgic path.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After finishing Metro: Last Light I had the urge to finish off the remaining achievements I had left in the PC version of Metro 2033.

It was nice to see the contrast between both games and a testament to how the series is improving.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I recently just popped in my Saints Row 1 since I want to play the story through. My last save was from 07 and I used cheat codes so I have a fresh achievement list I can go after now. Who doesn't miss SR 1 - 2 original saints? I'm kind of saddened the way they took Saints Row with the 4th one but I'm hoping they reboot the series on Xbox One and bring back the OG's.

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #9
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I can always go back and play Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. I'll have 5-6 hour sessions where I just play through it from start to finish. Spaced out sessions, of course. Just to keep things fresh.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #10
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Gears 2.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
TheGuyWhoDoesStuff

IsANameHere's Gamercard
Well the one game I have tons of hours into is Fallout 3 I love the shit out if that game.
TheGuyWhoDoesStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKRAIZEEMANx View Post
Phew...That is a horrifically rough achievement. One I am still lacking. Overall, I am 7 shy from 100%, but I do want to go back and finish this game soon. I think I quit after having some trouble with the whole "Kill X amount of Darkspawn" achievement not popping for me.

Two Worlds: Sure, it is a pretty bad game, but I got in to the swing of things, and was progressing nicely, then the game froze and I had no recent save, and I lost a huge amount of gameplay. So I put it away, and have had a hard time getting back in to it. (I want that 370 achievement!)

Tropico 3: I simply love this series, and have 100% in tropico 4. But my disc got messed up, and I have not been motivated enough to replace my copy. Soon...soon.

There are probably some others, but those come to mind off the top of my head.
Two Worlds is epically bad. I got the 370g achievement, which was a nice boost. But whilst going for the discover all locations achievement, I accidentally killed a guy who had a key to the last cave I needed to visit, and it locked me out permanently. So I gave up and accepted 930g as my final score.

Tropico 3
I last played 29 months ago, and got my 2nd achievement last night. Might 10g now.

Two Worlds 2
Just need 3 more achievements. Great game too.

Other games I need an achievement or two are:
Doom
Doom 2
Mass Effect 2
Hexic
Spec Ops
Hell Yeah

Probably others as well, its just a case of cracking on with some of them if I can be bothered.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
I often play Bioshock again and again mainly because I'm obsessed with it.
I still play Halo 3 often. It's the game that basically brought me to the Xbox world and will always love it.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
After 1k'ing Bioshock Infinite i played the first Bisohock again to finish some old Achievements like the 100G from the DLC. Such a milestone. Love that game so much!

And, of course all few weeks/months i come back to Mass Effect 3 to meet up again the best crew ever!

Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I usually go back to my favourite games every 6 or so months just to sit crying about how amazing they where. My main ones are;

Skyrim
Best game ever made. If after a few months of inactivity of this game, i watch something like Lord of the Rings and see Legolas shooting shit up, then i need to start a new character who is a ranger and i just spend the next few days mauling around shooting my own shit up.

Dragon Age: Origins
Same story as Skyrim really. Although i would choose Skyrim first, sometimes i just feel a bit Dragon Age-y.

Mass Effect 2/3
And this is what i go to when i feel like holding a big gun in my hands.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
For the 360, none really. For PS2 I do get the feeling of playing Sims 2 & NFS Underground 2 every now and then.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Zelda: Link To The Past, I always come back to this game

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #18
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Every Spring I'll go back and play Team Fortress 2 with a few friends. It's the first real multiplayer game I ever played and my most played game. It's also how we all met each other. Quite nice. We tried playing the PC version to liven things up but VALVe destroyed it in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • CoD: Black Ops 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
We tried playing the PC version to liven things up but VALVe destroyed it in my opinion.
If by destroyed it, you mean turned it into the best shooter of all time, then yes.

But if you really hate awesome hats, laser rifles, and decapitating golf clubs, then there are plenty of Vanilla servers out there that only allow the stock weapons and no cosmetics.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I usually go back to my favourite games every 6 or so months just to sit crying about how amazing they where. My main ones are;

Skyrim
Best game ever made. If after a few months of inactivity of this game, i watch something like Lord of the Rings and see Legolas shooting shit up, then i need to start a new character who is a ranger and i just spend the next few days mauling around shooting my own shit up.

Dragon Age: Origins
Same story as Skyrim really. Although i would choose Skyrim first, sometimes i just feel a bit Dragon Age-y.

Mass Effect 2/3
And this is what i go to when i feel like holding a big gun in my hands.
I have to agree with you. My addictions to those three games is strong. I am on my 3rd copy of both Skyrim and ME3 and my 4th copy of Dragon Age. I kept telling myself I was done with these and would sell them on eBay. Then I would immediately regret selling them. Halo Wars and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is like that for me too.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #22
tswish2005

TSWISH2005's Gamercard
Good thread!

I'd have to agree with the mass effect series. Also assassins creed series. But one game in particular comes to mind and that's Medal of Honor: Airborne. It was the "first" fps online I'd played and just loved the way the ranking system was. Think I might pop that one in soon.
tswish2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Halo 2, Spyro: Ripto's Rage, Tony Hawk's Underground 1 & 2, Fallout New Vegas.

All because they're amazing.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #24
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Mirror's Edge: beautiful piece of work and with ME2 on the horizon I want to go back and not only relive the story but finally nip off Test of Faith for not using guns, basically play the game as DICE intended.
Playing through this way is completely worth it and gives you a great appreciation for Faith and her skills. I can't wait for the next game.

I'm currently going through Bully again, because I need two achievements in it and it was marked down to three bucks and change last week (still $35 used elsewhere).

I'm also working my way through Mega Man 4.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #25
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Halo CE: fuck it I can always go back and play more of the original Halo.
Amen! I still play the multiplayer on the PC port! I can always get into a game. Hell, even yesterday I got into a zombie match where a few people typed in English instead of Spanish! Yeah!

The Secret of Monkey Island - My childhood. This game never fails to make me giggle, even after playing through it so many times.

Metal Gear Solid - Awesome game in general, still holds up incredibly well. Someday, I'll get the Big Boss code name!

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Another great game with amazing boss fights.

BioShock and BioShock Infinite - Love the universe of the BioShock franchise. I can keep playing the story over and over.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #26
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
The Mass effect trilogy is one I can play 50 times and never get bored of.

Deus ex human revolution the world is fantastic and with so many options on how to complete missions/explore areas it begs me to play it again and again.

Fallout 3 and new Vegas, should be self explanatory.

Bioshock series, this is probably in my top 3 favorite game series of all time. The story, the setting, the music no matter how many tmes you play through it never gets old.

Warcraft 2 one of the first rts games I have played and one of the first computer games I have played period.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #27
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Started a new play on Two Worlds 2 today, and got 1/3 achievements that I need to 1250g this. I still think that Fortune and Glory will elude me once again. Awful achievement, and the Devs should be punished for it.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Two Worlds is epically bad.

Two Worlds 2
Just need 3 more achievements. Great game too.
THAT is something I never thought I'd see from anyone but the developer themselves. Couple buddies have played TW2 and ... well let's just say they weren't very complimentary.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #29
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
Every Spring I'll go back and play Team Fortress 2 with a few friends. It's the first real multiplayer game I ever played and my most played game. It's also how we all met each other. Quite nice. We tried playing the PC version to liven things up but VALVe destroyed it in my opinion.
Well if you think they destroyed the PC version, then have fun with the buggy and un-updated version of TF2 on the 360.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
IDarK VorteXX

IDarK VorteXX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn
Lost Odyssey for me was one of them.

I got the original 1000 and then bought the DLC but lost my save.
I went back and did everything in that game all over again including the DLC. What a beautiful game.

More games:
Halo 3
Mirrors Edge
Oblivion

*Thanks to Audacious for the great signature*

I wear a mask. And that mask, is not to hide who I am, but to create what I am. I'm BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” – Abraham Lincoln
IDarK VorteXX is offline   Reply With Quote