PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #31
III Vesper III
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to III Vesper III

III Vesper III's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
it's more ridiculously cheesy combos for noobs to exploit and more broken gameplay to face.
Now as much as I dislike the game system, there is such thing as high-end play and consistent winning. State these "Cheesy Combos" or "Exploited Broken" Gameplay and I bet you I can reply with many counters for it.
III Vesper III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #32
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by III Vesper III View Post
Now as much as I dislike the game system, there is such thing as high-end play and consistent winning. State these "Cheesy Combos" or "Exploited Broken" Gameplay and I bet you I can reply with many counters for it.
Of course thats how many of the tops on the boards are winning they are able to exploit the moves with the top tier characters and also get out of moves that most think are unblockable or that you cant get out of.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #33
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
The part where SOME strategy comes in can also be how to prevent those unblockables from ever happening. Evertime I face a Gaara player, I either play airborn or with ^Y because they can't get you caught in the sand as much since it's slower. The main point though is that no one in here is wrong and basically, this game does need improvement.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #34
III Vesper III
Banned User

I am asking to state what they are.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #35
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Me? If so, some things I've noticed when facing others are just a few things but they seem to beat me with them:

Fast side stepping with certain characters dodged almost every attack I threw, when I missed, they attacked and soon I found myself dead.

Against ^Y players, Jumping and kicking to the ground seems to actually do good most of the time, they just don't seem to hit me afterwards.

If possible, if you get knocked back far, go for Chakra Concentration Lvl 1 if they are trying to get a high Jutsu.

Usually most people have a certain way they fight, they are either ^Y, jumping guys, DownA(a launching attack I think) and some people who just use combos. Occasionally you will face really good people who use all of these techniques but like I said, some ways to counter ^Y players and those Down A guys can be defeated by timing when you hit ^Y right after they get ready to launch you.

Not much when I say strategy but that's pretty much the only definition of strategy I could find on this game.

Edit: I also don't know if you are talking to me or Synester but I typed this mini guide thing anyways =P
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #36
III Vesper III
Banned User

I just abuse throws, against people who use sidestepping, I just stand there still and let them hit me, then I just substitute then I hit low since nobody blocks low, then do a quick lvl 1 jutsu. Against a jumper once again I just sit there like im AFK and let them hit me, then substitute they will most likely follow up with Y to do the double jump attack, then I throw them. Agaisnt people who like to substitute me and do a launcher attack such as Naruto's or Sasukes one button launcher like v+Y. I use a low substitute and throw them. I go for 100% consistency and people have to understand how valuable low attacks are.

Also everytime I knock someone down with a low attack I perfectly time my melee kunai and it is a free hit everytime. Very important. I was referring to mister chris, But I think he confused himself more than me.

Last edited by III Vesper III; 01-18-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #37
Ghostly Legend 24

Send a message via AIM to Ghostly Legend 24

Yung Legend 23's Gamercard
i agree with bajan elite
Ghostly Legend 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #38
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
i've executed a lot of counters for these cheesy combos but it doesn't always work plus it leaves my hand aching from all the button mashing, the sidestepping is the worst cause i'm coming across it a lot lately, i've only manage to beat the twoer with Gaara(which doesn't take much skill) and Rock Lee who in my opinion can be the most fun and the most annoying opponent. Another problem is the stats i mean the Hokage's speed isn't that fast yet when i face him he seems to rival Lee and Sakura, Gaara's strength is one yet he doesn't take much to kill u its all a pain. Let's see wat else sucks okay um, the ability to counter you're opponent is cool but mostly the way its done sucks, like for Gaara, Kakashi and Sasuke whe u miss the button icon you have to then button mash to win i hate that, why must developers continue to add button mashing in video games. They finally took it out of the wwe games wen it came to submissions and even though the new way isn't all that great its better than button mashing. That's why I will always prefer DBZ fighters to this and any other anime fighter but i bet button mashing is gonna come back for burst limit sigh
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #39
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ya i dont mind button mashing im not the greatest but im not the worst so it ok.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #40
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
well i'm not the worst either i've beaten guys by button mashing during Kakashi's lightning blade move, I could hear them mashing their button like crazy it'll be that loud through their headset and i would still get the icon over to the right and get a perfect, but wether i win or lose at the button mashing sequence its annoying and a pain on these awesome fingers(lol) so i don't like it.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:08 AM   #41
aCzarX

aCzarX's Gamercard
Calm down , Calm down
aCzarX is offline   Reply With Quote