PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Sony Systems
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
thecrazyguy

nextgenplayer33's Gamercard
Resistance 2 revealed

Quote:
Resistance 2 revealed

Game Informer confirms top-rated PS3 launch game will become franchise for Sony's rising console.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot Posted Jan 11, 2008 3:31 pm PT

As is the case with most batches of platform-launch games, critics weren't especially kind to the titles that debuted alongside the PlayStation 3. According to Metacritic, the most consistently well-reviewed launch title for the platform was Resistance: Fall of Man. Developed by Ratchet & Clank creators Insomniac Games, the title blended science fiction and Harry Turtledove-esque alternate history, portraying an alien invasion of England in the 1950s--after World War II didn't happen.

According to industry-research group NPD Funworld, Resistance was a solid seller, moving nearly 791,000 copies domestically as of November 2007. Little wonder, then, that as rumored, the acclaimed game is getting sequel treatment. The February edition of Game Informer reveals that yes, Insomniac is hard at work on a sequel, tentatively titled Resistance 2.

According to the magazine, Resistance 2 will support two campaigns, multiplayer battles of up to 60 people, and eight-person online co-op play. Unconfirmed reports say the game will support three character classes--including a heavy weapons, special operations, and the all-important medic. It will also incorporate vehicles, including the alien-built Stalker, which will have cloaking abilities.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184625...stnews;title;0

This is something that I would have expected Sony to reveal either at GDC or at E3 this year. But nonetheless, here it is. And I know I'm not alone in being stoked. I can't wait for more info to trickle out on Resistance 2. Fall can't come soon enough!!

PS3 Trophies
thecrazyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #2
puckup
Banned User

puckup's Gamercard
I think that the PS3 is going uphill since its release now that better games are coming out for it
puckup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
DFILL450

Send a message via AIM to DFILL450

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Damn I can't wait for this game! Resistance was amazing, and this should be no less amazing than the original.

We'll also be able to play this game with rumble this time around which is a plus. It should be a good year for sony.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
synister EFFECT

My Nigra's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thats gonna be awesome. Cant wait.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #5
d1abl0z0p3ra

MND D3ADCL1P's Gamercard
im saving up for PS3!!!
d1abl0z0p3ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
CAMOUFLAGEiPOD

Send a message via MSN to CAMOUFLAGEiPOD

Camo x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That is surprising they didn't wait for a major electronic show to announce this great news. 8 player co-op, thats going to be amazing 60 player online matches that is going to be insane. Oh yea, Im stoked.
CAMOUFLAGEiPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
CR JD92

Send a message via MSN to CR JD92

CR JD92's Gamercard
I did enjoy the first one, but without the achievements chances are i wont be picking it up.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
thecrazyguy

nextgenplayer33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR JD92 View Post
I did enjoy the first one, but without the achievements chances are i wont be picking it up.

Let's just cross our fingers that by the time Resistance 2 comes out that Home and the trophy system are up and running and in full swing. If they are, Resistance 2 will be that much better.

PS3 Trophies
thecrazyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR JD92 View Post
I lol'd

I'm so glad I broke out of the Achievement addiction.

Altho I'm really not thrilled about Resistance 2, the first one was very meh.
twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Bax x360a
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bax x360a

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve View Post
the first one was very meh.
Really? I'm picking a PS3 up at the weekend, not sure whether to give this a purchase or not.
Bax x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
DFILL450

Send a message via AIM to DFILL450

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdalanbaxter06 View Post
Really? I'm picking a PS3 up at the weekend, not sure whether to give this a purchase or not.
Definitely give it a purchase. The first game is amazing and is a nice break from achievements. Theres even badges to collect (in game skill points) if your really desperate for "achievements".
Old 01-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #12
xRogue 5x

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I was hoping they would say something about the sequel soon. Can't wait to dive into this and make a guide like i did for the first one.

Ranked #1 in Utah, 1'st to 100,200,300k in Utah
235 retail complete, 26 arcade complete
Gsl season 7 champion!
xRogue 5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
Quote:
I'd rent it. It's worth playing through the story once and having a couple of plays online but its not got a whole lot of replay value. It's just another game in an overcrowded genre to me.

Get Unreal Tournament 3 instead. Much better game.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #14
Bax x360a
Banned User

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
I'd rent it. It's worth playing through the story once and having a couple of plays online but its not got a whole lot of replay value. It's just another game in an overcrowded genre to me.

Get Unreal Tournament 3 instead. Much better game.
I picked it up for 20 so not too bad at all, I'll let you know my opinions of the game when I'm eventually able to play it.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #15
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
Quote:
I picked it up for 20 so not too bad at all, I'll let you know my opinions of the game when I'm eventually able to play it.
For 20 it's totally worth it. Full price it's not. It's a decent FPS, but it's worth importing Unreal Tournament 3 for the multiplayer.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
Bax x360a
Banned User

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
For 20 it's totally worth it. Full price it's not. It's a decent FPS, but it's worth importing Unreal Tournament 3 for the multiplayer.
Oh yeah I totally forgot games are region free! Anybody imported Gran Turismo Prologue yet? I suppose it would be in Japanese
Old 01-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh yeah I totally forgot games are region free! Anybody imported Gran Turismo Prologue yet? I suppose it would be in Japanese
Yeah it's in Japanese

Also there's no need to import the disc version. Just buy a Japanese PSN currency card from ebay and buy it through the PSN store. Or find someone else that's done that and get it for free, because Sony DRM allows items to be shared.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Bax x360a
Banned User

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah it's in Japanese

Also there's no need to import the disc version. Just buy a Japanese PSN currency card from ebay and buy it through the PSN store. Or find someone else that's done that and get it for free, because Sony DRM allows items to be shared.
Think I'll wait for the English version mate, easiest option lol. That free GT HD game where you just have the one track and do all the time trials is awesome! If GT5 Prologue is anything like that, I can't wait!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
I was very disapointed by GTHD. It felt very unfinished to me, almost like it purely was to show off the graphics, because it seemed they forgot about handling. GT5:P on the other hand is stunning, the cars are far more responsive and the graphics are superior to anything I've ever seen.

Also if you make a Japanese account you can download the GT5: Prologue Demo for free. It's one track 4 cars, it gives you a good idea for how much difference there is between GTHD and GT5.

I can't wait for Prologue to hit the UK PSN store, maybe then I'll understand what all the options mean.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Bax x360a
Banned User

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
I was very disapointed by GTHD. It felt very unfinished to me, almost like it purely was to show off the graphics, because it seemed they forgot about handling. GT5:P on the other hand is stunning, the cars are far more responsive and the graphics are superior to anything I've ever seen.

Also if you make a Japanese account you can download the GT5: Prologue Demo for free. It's one track 4 cars, it gives you a good idea for how much difference there is between GTHD and GT5.

I can't wait for Prologue to hit the UK PSN store, maybe then I'll understand what all the options mean.
Yeah but comon GTHD was free, what did you expect? Its a hell of alot better than anything Microsoft has ever given out for free.