Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #61
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Dead Money + Old World Blues > any other Fallout DLC.

An expansion in Hawaii? That'd be so out of place I feel like lol. New Jersey? Sure why not, I live here so it'd be interesting to see what they re-create for the game.
Hawaii would be interesting as it's an Island anyway so it would be cool seeing the mutated wild life and the tribal people. Plus mutated Sharks FTW !!

A DLC to Jersey would be cool,I could travel every were easier as it would all be a 5 minute walk ZING (Ok thats mean lol)

New York would be awesome but I bet that from the atomic bombs that Russia and China used New York would be toppled.

If Fallout 4 is set in either New Florida(Mutated Sharks AND Alligators FTW. Mutated Snapping turtles aw yeah.),New California or New New York (Futarama refrence ) then I'd be pretty happy. Heck even if it's set in one the others would be nice DLC

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #62
JoeBacofoil1

JoeBacofoil's Gamercard
I don't care where its set, I just want it!!

-------------------------------------------------100% completions;

Retail: 12
Arcade: 3
JoeBacofoil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #63
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I still think Fallout 4 needs to be in a country other than the United States...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
That's one hell of a glitch, if you can even call it that at that level. I started having problems with New Vegas about a week into playing it. I quickly finished what I was doing and promptly traded it in, it was pretty bad. I had a ton of freezing and I had to do a lot of screwing around to get out of that arena in the sewer where you'd fight Radscorpions because that was where my save was freezing. Anyway, it was too much and I didn't come back to it until the second or third DLC had come out and started all over and never had issues to that degree again.

I've enjoyed both Fallout games, Skyrim and the little bit of Oblivion I played this generation but they need to get these issues in check for future releases. I had tons of problems with Skyrim freezing too, that seemed to get worse with every add-on they put out. It was infuriating watching a three minute load screen knowing my game was going to freeze over and over.
Yeah, after giving them a year to patch it, New Vegas played pretty well my second time around.

But while I've had glitched quests, weird graphics shenanigans and other random things, what I've not had much of with Bethesda's games is the freezing issue. I'm not saying the games never froze, but it didn't happen often enough for me to take issue with it.

Maybe I just got lucky...
Jack Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #64
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I actually feel bad for some of you. With the amount of stories I hear about how glitchy Fallout gets when some players play through it...it makes me appreciate my luck.

I can say without stretching the truth that I don't think I experienced more than one MINOR glitch when playing through both games. That's probably why I like the games so much, because my experience was smooth whereas other people had a horrible time playing it with so many bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
I think 4 needs to be in a different country.

Russia, perhaps? Maybe that's just the Metro in me talking, tho'...
All rumors are leading to Boston, and I'm pretty sure those rumors will end up being true.

I like DeadSea's idea though...Florida would actually be kinda cool. But there's nothing "landmarked" there that makes it worthy. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas...well, I don't need to state the obvious in why those settings were chosen.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 09-05-2013 at 05:29 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #65
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
All rumors are leading to Boston, and I'm pretty sure those rumors will end up being true.
I've heard that, too, but I think Boston and DC are fairly similar and might be a bit samey...

Quote:
I like DeadSea's idea though...Florida would actually be kinda cool. But there's nothing "landmarked" there that makes it worthy.
Are you kidding?

There are at least 1 or 2 amusement parks I'd like to see the ruins of, not to mention whatever might be hanging out in the Everglades and tucked away on all the Key Islands.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #66
HoliestEd

HoliestEd's Gamercard
I really can't wait for Fallout 4 when it eventually comes. I think it's a safe bet that it will be next gen now. Sadly I can't see it happening soon as I suspect that The Elder Scrolls Online will take up the developers time for the immediate future.
HoliestEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #67
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
I've heard that, too, but I think Boston and DC are fairly similar and might be a bit samey...

Are you kidding?

There are at least 1 or 2 amusement parks I'd like to see the ruins of, not to mention whatever might be hanging out in the Everglades and tucked away on all the Key Islands.
They are somewhat similar, but it wouldn't be too bad for Boston to end up being the actual location. And I know, I know. But still, I feel like there's more interesting places within the U.S. that could be the setting for Fallout 4 rather than Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliestEd View Post
I really can't wait for Fallout 4 when it eventually comes. I think it's a safe bet that it will be next gen now. Sadly I can't see it happening soon as I suspect that The Elder Scrolls Online will take up the developers time for the immediate future.
Not really...TESO is made by an entirely different and NEW studio (Zenimax Online Studios) built strictly for that game alone. Fallout and regular Elder Scrolls games are made by Bethesda Game Studios.

Some people really do need to do their homework

Last edited by BiggD; 09-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #68
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The problem with these games and so many others now really, is despite it's location, it all just ends up being another desaturated brown and grey rubble town or desert. Developers really overdid rubble towns and deserts this generation. Every Call of Duty, Fallout, the first Borderlands, Rage, The Last of Us, etc. I could go on all day. It might be easier to list the games that didn't do this. That's why games like Far Cry 3, Dead Island and Enslaved were somewhat refreshing and even Gears of War 3 which was brightened up compared to the first two games.

So basically, you need the landmarks or you end up with nothing. They could do Florida but that will end up looking like Dead Island. Disney World would be cool but they're never getting the rights to do that. So maybe they make their own "Disney World" for the game. That ends up being uninteresting compared to the real world locations we've already seen and it's not as good. China would make sense but since the majority of the game's audience are western folks that could fall a flat too.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #69
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
The problem with these games and so many others now really, is despite it's location, it all just ends up being another desaturated brown and grey rubble town or desert. Developers really overdid rubble towns and deserts this generation. Every Call of Duty, Fallout, the first Borderlands, Rage, The Last of Us, etc. I could go on all day. It might be easier to list the games that didn't do this. That's why games like Far Cry 3, Dead Island and Enslaved were somewhat refreshing and even Gears of War 3 which was brightened up compared to the first two games.

So basically, you need the landmarks or you end up with nothing. They could do Florida but that will end up looking like Dead Island. Disney World would be cool but they're never getting the rights to do that. So maybe they make their own "Disney World" for the game. That ends up being uninteresting compared to the real world locations we've already seen and it's not as good. China would make sense but since the majority of the game's audience are western folks that could fall a flat too.
Never thought of it this way. In retrospect, I guess that's why Far Cry and company were such a thrill to play...since they were beautifully bright and vivid.

I guess there's just no "one good place" that could be the setting for the next game. You're right...no matter what happens, it'll consist of grey and brown dilapidated buildings, rubble, and junk. But then if they do something bright like an island, it'll feel too familiar to what we already have played.

Ahh, who knows. Maybe since it'll be a while before it's out, they can really flesh out the world the game takes place in and add more color without it losing its post apocalyptic feeling. Random, but how about some place snowy? Colordo, Russia, Alaska?!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #70
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

I dunno, I thought New Vegas was pretty colorful, and not just on the Strip.

Quote:
Russia?!
That's what I've been saying!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #71
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
What, are you kidding me?

"Fallout 4: Tattered Black Flag" will allow players to swashbuckle their ways across the acidic and poisoned oceans of post-apocalyptic Earth in an all new Fallout Pirating Adventure!

LMFAO

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #72
tlthe3rd

tlthe3rd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoDoesStuff View Post
I don't know if its just me but I have loved Fallout 3 forever and I have been playing it for so long it every time I play I find something new it the more I play it starts to get a little drab and boring so I have two questions.
1. Does anyone know of a website devoted to Fallout 4 info?
2. Does anyone have any fun challenges that I can use to play Fallout 3?
Literally guys throw some ideas at me I don't care. You can give me restrictions or choose what my Skills and Perks are my karma anything but I get to choose what difficulty I play on (I usually play on normal but may play on hard or very hard depending on the request). Thx for any suggestions.

PS
I would have put this in the Fallout 3 fourm but not enough people frequented that page.
I played on the hard level and chose melee and unarmed oriented perks and skills to switch it up a bit and make things more interesting. I finally stopped playing though due to the game freezing so much. I was playing Fallout 3 and got to a point where I simply could not proceed any more. It was strange because it happened on my fourth playthrough. I still don't get it because I can go to rivet city playing my other characters but not this last one I created. I do look forward to fallout 4 coming out. I read that the Boston setting rumour was completely made up and untrue. I would like to see it set in california where a lot of things took place with the brotherhood of steel and the formation of the NCR. Maybe a prequel to New vegas?
tlthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #73
HloodyBellPS3T

Can't wait for this Game. Didn't the Gnr radio guy post a "tweet" some time ago..?
HloodyBellPS3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #74
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
That's what I've been saying!
Alright, alright. We're on the same page now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
What, are you kidding me?

"Fallout 4: Tattered Black Flag" will allow players to swashbuckle their ways across the acidic and poisoned oceans of post-apocalyptic Earth in an all new Fallout Pirating Adventure!

LMFAO
Roflmao. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HloodyBellPS3T View Post
Can't wait for this Game. Didn't the Gnr radio guy post a "tweet" some time ago..?
Yeah, he said something like, "back at work on 3-Dog!" or something rumorish/leakish like that.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #75
Vault

Mersser's Gamercard
Fallout 3 is still one of my favourite games, I've played it so many times I've lost count. lol
Vault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #76
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Was going to make a thread similar to this but I found this thread.

I have been wanting a new Fallout since the third one really. I picked up Fallout NV on release day and was very disappointed with it for some reasons. I hope to see Fallout 4 kill off factions and return to the roots of 3.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #77
VitaminAmy

VitaminAmy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Far Cry 3... I love love these types of sandbox games so yes, I'd love to bury myself in a Fallout 4 game.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #78
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I enjoyed New Vegas. Got a little sick of the ridiculously long loading screens! but no complaints otherwise. I still play Caravan from time to time just for giggles.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #79
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I loved Fallout 3. It was a gem out of the games I played. I'll be excited for any news on a Fallout 4.

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #80
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

We didn't get the announcement we wanted at E3, Gamescom or TGS. Myself and some friends have a small bet going on whether we'll see a Fallout 4 announcement at the Spike VGAs in December. It's whee Skyrim was announced, so another Bethesda announcement there should be in the cards.

I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas every now and then. I also still use the Fallout 3 Premium Theme on my console, despite the fact you can barely see it for all of the ads on the console right now.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (9/23/2014) 114

Games 100%: 92
Latest: Deadpool

Working on:
World of Tanks (560/700)
Hardwood Backgammon (110/200)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #81
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
We didn't get the announcement we wanted at E3, Gamescom or TGS.
I'm glad Bethesda is funding/advertising The Evil Within though, that game looks like a grand time.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #82
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I'm glad Bethesda is funding/advertising The Evil Within though, that game looks like a grand time.
Bethesda is a solid publisher.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #83
paintinggrey

Paintinggrey's Gamercard
I have many mixed feelings about Bethesda.

They can create beautiful worlds but their writing is really bad. It is almost like most of their quests are paint by numbers and their lack of imagination. I can forgive bugs but not the writing element

Also I also don't like their so called professionalism and the way the treated old school hardcore fallout fans when Fallout 3 was announced. They blacklisted many fallout sites that was not agree with their vision, most noticeably rpgcodex who made damning review about Oblivion's faults.

A lot of people called rpgcodex as a website of harsh trolls that even slate their favorite developers like Obsidian but Obsidian still keep strong links to the rpgcodex community.Funny that!!

I personally don't think they understand that Fallout universe that well specially with their lack of choice and consequence. They even refused help from Tim Cain when developing FO3 (not sure if its true though).

Fallout 3 was ok but FNV was so much better in writing terms which i enjoyed the most. I remember in FNV their is an old man that talks to you and tells you his life story for a few mins, his ups and his lows and its not attached to any quest or anything. It just an old man telling you a story on how the wasteland treated him. Obsidian didnt really need to add this but it showed me how much they love writing characters and stories.

I got a feeling that FO4 will be like Michael Bay movie but i hoped not.

Anyway sorry for the long post and rambelings.
paintinggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #84
Puppys

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
It may just be a preference, but I thought the Fallout 3 dialog was well written as well. Maybe not as detailed as NV, I can't remember because I only played that one once.

I never played the older fallouts so I cant comment on how Bethesda went about the transition
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #85
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintinggrey View Post

I got a feeling that FO4 will be like Michael Bay movie but i hoped not.
No.

Just no.

Sorry. Just.
No.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #86
Puppys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
No.

Just no.

Sorry. Just.
No.

Agree with this post. Better find some wood to knock on
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #87
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Bethesda is a solid publisher.
They took Prey 2 from the developer who made it and handed it to another developer. No...they are NOT a solid publisher.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #88
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
They took Prey 2 from the developer who made it and handed it to another developer. No...they are NOT a solid publisher.
Wait...what? I though Prey 2 was still being developed by Human Head?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #89
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunch83 View Post
We didn't get the announcement we wanted at E3, Gamescom or TGS. Myself and some friends have a small bet going on whether we'll see a Fallout 4 announcement at the Spike VGAs in December. It's whee Skyrim was announced, so another Bethesda announcement there should be in the cards.

I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas every now and then. I also still use the Fallout 3 Premium Theme on my console, despite the fact you can barely see it for all of the ads on the console right now.
Going off of Bethesda's history, I'd say either this or E3 2014. I'm still expecting a Autumn 2014 release, though. The math just works when you look at their past releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
It may just be a preference, but I thought the Fallout 3 dialog was well written as well. Maybe not as detailed as NV, I can't remember because I only played that one once.

I never played the older fallouts so I cant comment on how Bethesda went about the transition
I haven't played FO3 in a while, but I thought most of the dialog was good. That 30 minute long conversation with the doctors in the beginning of OWB was some the best dialog I've ever seen, though! The original Fallouts had great dialog, too. Probably better than Fallout 3 and even New Vegas overall. I've never actually played them myself (shame on me), but watching walkthroughs on YouTube it's pretty obvious. Sgt. Dornan (referenced in New Vegas) in Fallout 2 is absolutely hilarious. You should look up his rant, there are lots of videos of it. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
No.

Just no.

Sorry. Just.
No.

Agree 100%. We have way too many of those types of games as it is, not to mention it really wouldn't work very well at all.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #90
Puppys

In regards to the previous two posts about dialog, I really like Three Dog in FO3. I know most people either love him or hate him, but I really thought he was cool.

Totally feel bad for getting my "Pickpocket a live grenade onto someone" achievement on Three Dog while he was sleeping though