PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Artist of the Month
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 5
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
September Artist of the Month

Hello everyone and welcome to September's edition of Artist of the Month. We had a great crop of entries last month and I hope we can keep it going this month. We have a new theme this month, so if your creative juices weren't exactly flowing for fire, maybe stars can get them going. Remember, all voting is done by your peers on anonymous entries, so while I won't discourage trying to bribe me, it probably won't help you win. And remember, being a good artist might help you win, but being funny helps more.

Theme:
Stars. You need to incorporate stars into your entry in some form.

Template of Xbox 360 game case can be found HERE.

Deadline:
- Entries must be in by 5pm PT on Sunday, September 15th. After that, there will be one week of voting and one week for the winner to bask in their glory.

Rules:
- Your entry must follow the design brief or otherwise it will not be valid.

- Your created work must be a new and original piece; no re-submissions of altered signatures or graphics you have done in the past.

- Plagiarism will not be allowed. If we find out (and we will) you'll be disqualified, get an infraction and you'll be banned from entering any AotM in the future.

- Your entry must contain the text X360A & AotM. Your main entry may not have your name anywhere in the design. Otherwise it won't be anonymous.

- Anyone can enter, regardless of experience or number of posts.

- Size limit, same size as the template that's been supplied to you.

- Promoting your work of art is not permitted. If you want to use it as a signature after we've posted the results (within the site's size restrictions) feel free to do so.

Submissions:
- Submissions are anonymous. The entry forum will automatically moderate your post so that nobody can see it, and the staff will move all entries to a single thread for voting without identifying information.

- You're only allowed one entry, after you submit your piece...there is no editing, or re-submissions so be extra sure you are happy with your entry before you submit it!

- Submit your entry HERE

Voting:
- Voting will be done for 1 week via Poll.

- In the event of a tie, both participants win the award.

Last edited by Capn Doug; 09-02-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Oh man. I am so ready to compete in this one. Can't wait to see everyone's entries again

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
^ Good luck dude.

Stars? Look forward to seeing all the "magical" entries. I'll probably skip this a second time..for the best lol.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 09-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Skipping this one I think...don't like the choice of theme. Why are we not doing specific game related themes instead of these generic ones?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contract…

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Skipping this one I think...don't like the choice of theme. Why are we not doing specific game related themes instead of these generic ones?
I totally agree. Stars... Really?

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Because for the first few, do you really want to be limited in the types of thing you can create?

I have these mapped out until December, though. There are a wide variety of topics and creations coming. December is one that I am really looking forward to seeing.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Rajeanero
Would you kindly

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Yay, new contest. This time i will take me more time to create something. And the theme is okay. There is much space for creativity

Last edited by Rajeanero; 09-12-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
darkdante14

Interesting, will give it a try
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
VOZIM

Interesting indeed I might enter myself
Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
What kind of Stars?

Ben Afflack ones or the sun burn of your face ones?

Also can we use clip art that is out on the internet already?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Just so everyone knows, if you submit your entry by attaching it to your post, it gets resized to unusable proportions. People should instead use the "insert image" button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
What kind of Stars?

Ben Afflack ones or the sun burn of your face ones?

Also can we use clip art that is out on the internet already?
It was purposely vague.

Also, credit any copyrighted material.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #12
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
That was fun. We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Sooo, when does the voting officially begin?
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
Sooo, when does the voting officially begin?
Voting starts on the 15th.

Quote:
Deadline:
- Entries must be in by 5pm PT on Sunday, September 15th. After that, there will be one week of voting and one week for the winner to bask in their glory.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #15
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Yup, there are less than 48 hours to get your entries in.

Also, this probably should have gone without saying, but I'll say it anyway: If your entry contains material that would be considered offensive, illegal or in violation of site rules, they will be rejected.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #16
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
If your entry contains material that would be considered offensive, illegal or in violation of site rules, they will be rejected.
Lemme guess, you received submissions with star nipples?
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #17
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
That's the deadline for submissions. The "rules" only give submission deadline and duration of voting period. It doesn't say when the voting thread will be open. Since the submission deadline is later in the day, and I imagine Doug is gonna need a minute to review any last minute entries I don't expect voting to begin immediately. Hence the question.
My Blog
Old 09-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #18
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Yup, there are less than 48 hours to get your entries in.

Also, this probably should have gone without saying, but I'll say it anyway: If your entry contains material that would be considered offensive, illegal or in violation of site rules, they will be rejected.
Quote:
That's the deadline for submissions. The "rules" only give submission deadline and duration of voting period. It doesn't say when the voting thread will be open. Since the submission deadline is later in the day, and I imagine Doug is gonna need a minute to review any last minute entries I don't expect voting to begin immediately. Hence the question.
Ummm..........
Old 09-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #19
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So... what types of things are considered inappropriate, aside of sheer obvious offensive material?

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #20
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Ummm..........
I'm not going to give a specific time frame, since I really have no idea how long it will take to get everything together. At 5pm on Sunday (my time, because I am clearly the only one who matters in this situation ), all entries will need to be in. Then, I start setting up the voting. So, the amount of time it will take depends entirely on how good a day I had at work. But given that Monday is the cross over day for 3 Lives, I would expect something that night (again, my time, I don't care that it's 4am for you ).
Old 09-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #21
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Quote:
I'm not going to give a specific time frame, since I really have no idea how long it will take to get everything together. At 5pm on Sunday (my time, because I am clearly the only one who matters in this situation ), all entries will need to be in. Then, I start setting up the voting. So, the amount of time it will take depends entirely on how good a day I had at work. But given that Monday is the cross over day for 3 Lives, I would expect something that night (again, my time, I don't care that it's 4am for you ).
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully you'll have a good day at work
My Blog
Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #22
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully you'll have a good day at work
It's Sunday, so... probably! Late start, boss is never there... I'm in charge... so, yeah, usually decent.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #23
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Hey I wasn't pressing you for an exact time! My sarcastic thinking noise was directed at Troy.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
ive been long out of the photoshop game, and im ready to re enter the arena, mark my return with an awesome AotM entry
Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #25
Grifter Reborn
Community & Events Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
In case it wasn't clear in the OP, the artwork is supposed to use the game case template...

Just a friendly FYI for any last minute entries.

^Click my Sig to enjoy this incredible tournament!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #26
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
In case it wasn't clear in the OP, the artwork is supposed to use the game case template...

Just a friendly FYI for any last minute entries.
could u take a look at my entry and just pm me that it qualifies please. cheers
Old 09-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #27
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt x360a View Post
could u take a look at my entry and just pm me that it qualifies please. cheers
Not sure it matters:

Quote:
- You're only allowed one entry, after you submit your piece...there is no editing, or re-submissions so be extra sure you are happy with your entry before you submit it!
Sorry bud.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
Grifter Reborn
Community & Events Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Not sure it matters:

Sorry bud.
He just wanted to make sure the entry did qualify. He wasn't asking to resubmit.

^Click my Sig to enjoy this incredible tournament!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
So... what types of things are considered inappropriate, aside of sheer obvious offensive material?
Anything that wouldn't be allowed in a normal post. For instance, while we permit occasional profanity, a submission that consisted entirely of profane expressions would not be accepted.

One now ex-member thought that a game based around pedophilia would be a great topic, and then cried that it was satire when I said no. The site rules are pretty clear, but just any case there are any other folks out there who don't get it, glorifying pedophilia on this site is a good way to get the attention of the ban hammer. Frankly, if I knew your address, I would send the cops to your house also, but unfortunately the internet is good at protecting child molesters.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Anything that wouldn't be allowed in a normal post. For instance, while we permit occasional profanity, a submission that consisted entirely of profane expressions would not be accepted.

One now ex-member thought that a game based around pedophilia would be a great topic, and then cried that it was satire when I said no. The site rules are pretty clear, but just any case there are any other folks out there who don't get it, glorifying pedophilia on this site is a good way to get the attention of the ban hammer. Frankly, if I knew your address, I would send the cops to your house also, but unfortunately the internet is good at protecting child molesters.
Seriously?!? I'm glad you took the stance of perm-ban on that dick. People like that deserve a swift kick in the nuts. As a foster parent you see how that can destroy a young person. The state of MI does a great job of making sure these monsters get parental rights after the fact.
Closed Thread