PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #31
The End

JujosKillinJoke's Gamercard
This is a really good guide. Thank You
The End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #32
Kapp1138

Send a message via AIM to Kapp1138

Kapp1138's Gamercard
very helpful, thanks
Kapp1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #33
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Thank you very much for this guide. First time I've tried it, it looks like very impossible achievement to achieve...but this guide has helped me ALOT and I managed to get an achievement.

Thank you so much for easy-to-follow steps guide, as well FroZeNSouL's skills.

What's great thing is I just got back to Xbox 360 achievements world after few months of not bothering to play my 360, and I managed to get this achievement.

Only about 12 achievements to go on Orange Box (although I don't think I'll get three of them :P)

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #34
sadiesinner

SadieSinner's Gamercard
oh man i was so frustrated with these damn striders

thanx for the great guide, i not only beat teh game but saved all the buildings

Last edited by sadiesinner; 04-16-2008 at 05:44 PM.
sadiesinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #35
Axe Argonian

Send a message via Skype™ to Axe Argonian

Axe Argonian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Lol, I did this on Normal without switching to Easy! I guess I didn't think about switching it. Still,I decided to save often and use my car to ram and run over those Hunters. I hated that very fast strider that attempted and blowing up that little lodge building. Still,after many tries,I overcame the dreaded Striders!

Axe Argonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #36
Frijolie

Frijolies's Gamercard
I cannot get this one accomplished! I have even set the difficulty to easy and I can't get the striders fast enough! I aint gots no skillz I guess!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #37
theMahl3r

themahler83's Gamercard
This guide is the BEST! The timing and location of the Striders was spot on. It took me a little while but I was finally able to nail this one down. Thank you SO MUCH for helping get the achievement I never thought I could do!
Halo: CE Anniversary, Portal 2, Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3, Rock Band 2, Dead Space, Call of Duty 4, BioShock, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Doom, Vigilante 8 Arcade, Minecraft

Working On:
Gears of War 2 & 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4
theMahl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #38
DTwirler

Send a message via AIM to DTwirler Send a message via MSN to DTwirler

DTwirler's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frijolie View Post
I cannot get this one accomplished! I have even set the difficulty to easy and I can't get the striders fast enough! I aint gots no skillz I guess!
You and me both. I got frustrated and gave up on it for now. I kept getting into spots where a Strider would get ahead of me & make it to a house or the silo and blow them up as soon as I came onto the screen. Maybe I'll try again... in a few months.

DTwirler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #39
LeftHanded Matt

LeftHanded Matt's Gamercard
Thankyou so much for this. I managed to do the whole sequence in just about exactly an hour. Once you take care of those 3 that destroy the buildings it isn't too bad.
LeftHanded Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #40
Kodomobe

Send a message via AIM to Kodomobe Send a message via Yahoo to Kodomobe

Kodomobe HBI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHanded Matt View Post
Thankyou so much for this. I managed to do the whole sequence in just about exactly an hour. Once you take care of those 3 that destroy the buildings it isn't too bad.
Definitely. I was getting quite frustrated. But once the last "fast" strider was done, it was cake.

Kodomobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #41
Frijolie

Frijolies's Gamercard
[EDIT] I take that back, I just got it out of luck. It wasn't as hard as I thought. It's all about speediness, marksmanship, and johnny-on-the-spotedness (if that's even a word). You've just got to focus on those three 'fast runners' and then move to the rest. Use those logs as well as your car as weapons against those pesky Hunters. If you can, kill those hunters first to give you a clear shot against the striders. After you kill a 'fast running' strider save right afterwards!

Now it's time for me to move on to Aperture Science, which is without-a-doubt much more difficult (for me).
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #42
Zenth Forbias

Send a message via AIM to Zenth Forbias

Rider Kibuto's Gamercard
I got it on first try. Not the striders themselves, but I kept reloading a save, but I got to know the area REALLY well, so with that knowlege, I just used faster and quicker routes to get to the faster striders and it worked. The funny thing was, the whole time, I forgot to drop of Lil' Bastard (the gnome) in the rocket and was carrying him with me the entire fight.

Zenth Forbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #43
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
Great guide. Got it, THANKS.

Here are my highlights:

1. Play on EASY (I've compared it to normal and it helps significantly)
2. Let Strider 1 come close to the sawmill so you can quickly take out nr. 2 without driving too much
3. Kill the Hunters as often as the guide suggests. This also helps and takes away some of the stress
4. I consider nr. 6 to be the hardest, after you finish 8 and get the break things should be easier
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #44
XxmartmanxX

XxmartmanxX's Gamercard
Thanks so much! Im almost there!
XxmartmanxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #45
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Glad to see people still think my guide is awesome Sadly I had to stop achievement hunting due to real life hopefully someday I will rejoin the world I left behind.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Steve50013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #46
WKFJonesy

WKFJonesy's Gamercard
this guide rules! had so much trouble with this until i used this guide and did it first time. thanks so much for putting the effort in dude
WKFJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #47
tnavi23

Whoa thanks a lot Steve50013. I haven't played this game since it came out and only recently tried going back to unlock some achievements. I was planning on just skipping this one but I'll give it a shot now since your guide seems pretty in depth. Wish me luck lol

**EDIT** I just beat this thing on my first try! Your guide plus the tips other people posted here REALLY helped a lot. After the three fast striders, it was super easy! Thanks again!

Last edited by tnavi23; 08-20-2008 at 10:09 PM.
tnavi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 AM   #48
Stevedawg313

Send a message via AIM to Stevedawg313

Stevedawg313's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks alot this guide really helped out alot on this tricky achievement.
Stevedawg313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #49
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
thanks for this, maybe i won't get lost on the way to the striders this time
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #50
Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
got it. so, 90 minutes i guess. hard shit.

holy crap that ending.
i agree that #2 is a pain in the ass. i haven't killed anymore after that(i had to go to work and i haven't gotten back to this yet). would you or anyone here say that it's the only one that fires it's lazr right after it appears? i killed it out of pure luck from the opposite side of the saw mill and that bomb must've bee carried by angels or something. i got after a few tries because i saved right after i blew the first one and i really don't know if i can deal with more crap like that.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #51
Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
my striders appeared all out of order...but i still gots it! hoorah
Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #52
ginsinuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveT View Post
I did it today on Easy and it probably took about an hour altogether. I used the guide at first but it became too distracting and I kind of just went with the flow. The second one and I guess the sixth one (7th?) or whichever one it is that blows up that one story building a left and a right turn away from the lumber yard cabin are tough. You might have to restart a couple saves away for the latter because you can get stuck in a loop where no matter how you approach him he blows up the building as soon as you get there. As long as you know you have to take him out before the one that is on the other side near the water tower you should be OK.

But neither one has you worrying about the hunters too much. I pretty much had to kill all the hunters for the other ones. I would think doing this on NORMAL would be near impossible because of the hunters. Rockets, orb left trigger ammo for the alien rifle, and close range double barrel shotguns blasts seem to be the most effective.

I hope this rambling incoherent post helps someone.
Exactly the same here. I followed the guide for the first 2, but then I just went with the flow - though I had to reload previous saves (about 30 secondss to a minute prior ones) to take care of the fast moving Striders, once I knew where they were coming from, over the slower ones.

I should have given myself more credit, in terms of having the skill needed to try it on my own. This guide definitely gave me the confidence to try to get the achievement though. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #53
Neonice

NeoniceNL's Gamercard
Great work! thanks for the info, I definitely will use this guide!

Neonice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 AM   #54
kmania

KmaniaDee's Gamercard
Talking Holy Crap!!!

With this guide, I was able to get this in about 20ish min. Great Job on this guide dude!!! You are a pimp to end all other pimps!!!
kmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #55
enderflame

Ender Flame's Gamercard
Good guide help me out a lot. It still took a while becuase I suck with the grav gun and getting the things to stick to the striders.
enderflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #56
Ho5tiLe D

Ho5tiLe D's Gamercard
great guide! really helped me out. now to get the last achievement! where is that garden gnome lol.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #57
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Wow. That was not easy at all. It's those stupid hunters and their ability to blow up your bombs that kept making me reload my saves. Thanks for the guide, helped a ton.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #58
G2covers

G2covers's Gamercard
thanks Steve50013 for this superb guide, and thanks to everyone else who added extra tips and slight alternatives.

only just came back to the orange box this month after over a year to finish off the achievements and NEVER thought i'd get this. it nearly finished me off just saving the silo, albeit on Hard, the first time around! (pathetic, i know.)

i was about to say it took me just over 1.5 hours, although i actually started on strider 1 almost 23 days ago! my 360 died (motherboard) and had to go back for a 60 repair, so i have had to wait for this one. but with your guide it was well worth it. thanks again!

XBLA 100%: [8] WARP | Limbo | Brain Challenge | Chessmaster | Portal: Still Alive | Sonic 2 | The Walking Dead | Wordament (iOS)

Last edited by G2covers; 12-03-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
G2covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 AM   #59
syntax419

Rev Speezo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Finally got the achievement! Thanks for the guide
Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #60
D4rk Ac3s

d4rk ac3s's Gamercard
This guide is fantastic. After the one minute break for "dropships" I kinda went with my own flow. But unlike other people, I wasn't fusterated one bit. You NEED to save often. Personally, I thought this part of the game was very fun. Kudos to the owner of this guide! Thanks again!
D4rk Ac3s is offline   Reply With Quote