PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
In all my time playing games on the xbox 360 the only game that ever interested me out of the playstation 3 was heavy rain. All I have to say is microsoft made a big mistake one that almost made me buy a ps3 just for that game. Its only because of their idiocy they didn't choose to take it on. As well, they just can't accept adult related material games microsoft would prefer to sell shit that everyone would be more inclined to buy. By adult related material I am referring to murder, rape, unethical surgery, child abduction, and just in general a game full of nudity.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Meh, I wasn't blown away by Heavy Rain's gameplay or story. If there's one PS3 exclusive I could get on the 360, it'd be The Last of Us.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #33
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I understand why some dont like HR, it is effectively a movie in gaming, but a damn good one, the story is very gritty and depressing, but it just works so well, my only bad point with HR was the kids voice acting, the other voices were brilliant, but the kids in that game were god awful. Have to add that although very hyped, The Last Of Us was superb so slightly deserved.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
SteveShep

Steve Shep's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Heavy rain and msg4 are the only games I've been jealous of ps3 about
SteveShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #35
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I played Heavy Rain last week. Maybe if I had played it when it released I might have been more impressed with it, as it is I don't see what all of the fuss was about. If you haven't played it and you might care there is a huge spoiler coming, so stop reading now.

First off, I had to change the difficulty down to the easiest option, which is basically described as, I've never used a game controller in my life, because the quicktime events on normal and hard difficulties were absolutely ridiculous and unnatural for the human hand to perform. Hold X, hold square, hold L2, hold circle, hold the right stick up, hold triangle, now shake the controller up and down. Yeah, okay. And while you're trying to do all of that in a matter of seconds good luck reading what the quicktime events are because they're flying around the screen sideways all blurry and shaking and hiding behind characters and objects on screen the entire time. Would it have been so bad to let me move my character around the environment just using the left stick like every other game does? Yeah? I guess it's more realistic to hold down L2 before I use the left stick to walk.

But forget the obnoxious controls for a minute. The mildly interesting Saw meets Se7en storyline made one of the most insulting plot twists that I've ever witnessed in a game or a movie ever. When it's revealed that Scott is the Origami Killer and he's burning the evidence in his apartment it shows a flashback of him killing Manfred at the typewriter shop. The player is in control of Scott when that murder takes place and you're waiting out in front of the store and you walk into the back room and Manfred is laying in a pool of blood and you freak out. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It was huge plot twist just for the sake of having a plot twist.

If you don't understand what I mean I'll explain. Right now you're sitting in front of your computer reading this post. In a second you hear a knock on your front door and you open it and I'm standing there. You're like, "Hey WalterWhite, fucking creep, what are you doing here?" To which I reply, "What were you doing just before I knocked on your door?" And you say, "Well I was reading your post about how Heavy Rain kind of sucks." And then I say, "Oh really? Then why don't you explain this?" Then I show you a video of you smashing my head in with a typewriter when you thought you were just browsing the internet and reveal to you that you're the killer. Then you're all like, "Haha, woooooah bro. I didn't see that shit comin'."

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #36
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

suppose it depends onm what kind of gamer you are but personally i like heavy rain it has a great story, i normally hate quick time events but they work with this game and becuase its simple(set on easy mode) even my mum can play the game and she just never plays games lol. as for the last of us thats one of the best game iv played for a long time, hell 10 mi9ns into the game and it put a tear in my eye haha
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #37
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I played Heavy Rain last week. Maybe if I had played it when it released I might have been more impressed with it, as it is I don't see what all of the fuss was about. If you haven't played it and you might care there is a huge spoiler coming, so stop reading now.

First off, I had to change the difficulty down to the easiest option, which is basically described as, I've never used a game controller in my life, because the quicktime events on normal and hard difficulties were absolutely ridiculous and unnatural for the human hand to perform. Hold X, hold square, hold L2, hold circle, hold the right stick up, hold triangle, now shake the controller up and down. Yeah, okay. And while you're trying to do all of that in a matter of seconds good luck reading what the quicktime events are because they're flying around the screen sideways all blurry and shaking and hiding behind characters and objects on screen the entire time. Would it have been so bad to let me move my character around the environment just using the left stick like every other game does? Yeah? I guess it's more realistic to hold down L2 before I use the left stick to walk.

But forget the obnoxious controls for a minute. The mildly interesting Saw meets Se7en storyline made one of the most insulting plot twists that I've ever witnessed in a game or a movie ever. When it's revealed that Scott is the Origami Killer and he's burning the evidence in his apartment it shows a flashback of him killing Manfred at the typewriter shop. The player is in control of Scott when that murder takes place and you're waiting out in front of the store and you walk into the back room and Manfred is laying in a pool of blood and you freak out. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It was huge plot twist just for the sake of having a plot twist.
During that scene a custcene switches to Lauren checking out the music box and the clock chimes loudly and that is when Scott goes to take out Manfred as he retrieves the buyers list. I guess you can still argue that time frame was short but he is just a fragile old man. I didn't adore the story compared to Fahrenheit but some of the endings were great . I think Beyond will be better. As for controls i didn't have problems but i can understand and also some people prefered the Move ones controller.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Força Portugal - Mundial 2014 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

The saddest part is the nudity was only really seen as controversial. It was a risk they should have taken and they would have benefited form it greatly.

That said Cage is a completely pretentious butthole who thinks, "Game overs are a failure to game design" despite Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy being full of them.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #39
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
The sixaxis (or shitaxis as I call it) is what killed the game for me.

So, I start playing. Then I have to dry of my hairy ass... then I have to spend 30 minutes setting the table with plates that apparently I am entirely incapable of placing on a table without having an epileptic seizure. When that little bastard child got taken at the mall to "start" the game I was actually hoping that was actually the end of the game. While the artwork in the game is truly stunning, the game play mad ME want to die in a fire... and take that bastardized shitheap of a crapass controller thru the flames first...
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #40
Dristoid

Dristoid's Gamercard
I've only ever watched about an hour of gameplay of Heavy Rain, but I've played through Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit twice and absolutely loved it. Pretty disappointed they passed on this one.

Dristoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #41
Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man 316's Gamercard
Heavy Rain's story was actually pretty good and at times very fun, but the idea of an interactive tale fell apart when you find yourself becoming increasingly annoyed at the gameplay regarding simple things like feeding a baby, and suddenly realize you're enjoying watching the bugs that happen in the game moreso.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #42
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Man View Post
Heavy Rain's story was actually pretty good and at times very fun, but the idea of an interactive tale fell apart when you find yourself becoming increasingly annoyed at the gameplay regarding simple things like feeding a baby, and suddenly realize you're enjoying watching the bugs that happen in the game moreso.
The whole time I was playing I kept thinking I should turn it off and pop in Se7en or something. It's basically an interactive movie but the movie isn't very good. The only reason it received the praise that it did is that it's kind of different in the sense that there aren't many games like that or atleast fleshed out to the degree Heavy Rain was. But that ceases to be amusing when you realize you're watching/playing a bad movie. If anything this is the team that should be making The Walking Dead games, they would probably do an even better job than Telltale did.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #43
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Forums like this are so typical of the internet, where everything is either God's Own Blessed Handiwork or Satan's Feces. Heavy Rain was, when I played it, a unique game that did an excellent job of succeeding exactly at what it aimed to do, and nothing more. I enjoyed it, crap controls and all, and am happy that I experienced it. I will probably never play it again. I'm not disappointed that Microsoft didn't obtain it, neither am I upset with Sony for failing to obtain the Halo series. Each company made a business decision years ago--I doubt either one much regrets it.
Fragarach Luin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post

If you don't understand what I mean I'll explain. Right now you're sitting in front of your computer reading this post. In a second you hear a knock on your front door and you open it and I'm standing there. You're like, "Hey WalterWhite, fucking creep, what are you doing here?" To which I reply, "What were you doing just before I knocked on your door?" And you say, "Well I was reading your post about how Heavy Rain kind of sucks." And then I say, "Oh really? Then why don't you explain this?" Then I show you a video of you smashing my head in with a typewriter when you thought you were just browsing the internet and reveal to you that you're the killer. Then you're all like, "Haha, woooooah bro. I didn't see that shit comin'."
My only problem was the exact same problem you encountered with the QTE. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game. One of the beat games I have played this generation.
FullMoonBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
KrustyOwned

KrustyOwned's Gamercard
Titanfall

Me and my friends are all battlefield LOVER and sometimes a little CoD and we played Titanfall in Multiplayer on the Gamescom and everybody says that Titanfall is one of the IMPORTANT title to go with X1, the 1 Match that we had wot 32 People was more Fun that i ever had in battlefield 3 i can remember... so yeah in my opinion NO HYPE more a FACT that this game is going to be more then awesome, cant explain why its the gameplay itself its epic epic epic

sry for my english ^^
KrustyOwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #46
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
My love for the Battlefield series started and stopped with Battlefield: 1942 on the PC, KrustyOwned. I appreciate your enthusiasm. Your reading ability, however, is even more abysmal than your writing ability, since you didn't know what thread you were posting in.