Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Crackdown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
MiNiM61

minim61's Gamercard
Street Racer & Street Racer Elite - The EASY way

This is how to beat ALL 36 races without breaking a sweat.

All thanks goes to www.candiedskull.com for the brilliant guides and tips.

1.Choose the race you want to do.

2. Start the race up. Then, drive to the agency and get the Supercar.

3. Take the Supercar back to the race and finish. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU LOSE. Just finish the race. When you finish, GET OUT OF THE CAR.

4. Start the same race up again if you lost, or the next one along in the same track.

5. when the race has started, you'll find the Supercar right where you left it! (unless, you left it in the direct path of the AI, in which case, it will be smashed forwards.)

6. Blow the rest of the racers away. You can either A) Drive past them and leave them be, or B) Shoot them so they have more holes than a piece of cheese. B is my favourite option, especially when you are against the Peacekeeper Race Car. ( Also, it's payback for above if you left your car in the road)

You can keep on doing this for every single race on that track.

NOTE: make sure to keep your car up to at least half health for the last race, if you are doing all six at once. Some of them are ok to beat under half, but with the Race Car, you're going to struggle. If you're trying below one quarter health, then you may as well make another stop to the Agency Tower, as 1st place will almost always smoke you.

Any , Just ask, and i'll be happy to answer.
MiNiM61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
CLAPSTER

Clapster's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't have it, but this seems like a hassle doing this.

My old sig for the holidays.
CLAPSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
MiNiM61

minim61's Gamercard
Personally, i dont find it a hassle. The longest trip to the Agency from one of the races is about 3 mins tops, and once you have the car you are almost guaranteed a win.

You could also look at it this way. Would you rather do every race with the stock car, which is equal to everyone else, and you will need some darn good reflexes to keep the race car at speed, or would you rather blitz the competition in a supercar that has machine guns for a horn.
MiNiM61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks but this is old infomation.

Did you look in the excellent achievement guide??

excerpt:

Street Racer Elite 150
Win every Street Race using all available vehicles
There are 6 races, with ~6 cars per race you can choose from. You must do all races with all cars, so you'll have to win 36 races. Each race you complete, you'll get a medal for the car you completed it with. Use that as a checklist. Your opponents' cars are the same as yours! You can kill your opponents.

You can also run to the Agency, grab a Supercar, drive back to the race start, and reset the race (by pressing Back), then jump into the Supercar and shoot all vehicles. Changing vehicles at the race select screen works w/ this. (From AOS Puck)
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
While that is a good strategy, i do believe that doing it normally is easier, but that's probably me since i did it that way. I would have tried, but i don't boost for achievments nor get help with them in any different way. But it's still a good tip
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
LFCDANNY 2k8

LFCDANNY 2k8's Gamercard
Try what i do, stop somewhere inn the level, and make a barricade with whatever you can find, itll block the cars and you just shoot the petrol tanks. Sometimes they get through in which case make the wall again and wait for them to get round again.
LFCDANNY 2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFCDANNY13 View Post
Try what i do, stop somewhere inn the level, and make a barricade with whatever you can find, itll block the cars and you just shoot the petrol tanks. Sometimes they get through in which case make the wall again and wait for them to get round again.
shoot their tires first, then when they can't go anywhere, then blow the S*** out of them. make sure u still have a vehicle to finish with, and you win. this works very well if you have a partner to do this with.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanuary99 View Post
shoot their tires first, then when they can't go anywhere, then blow the S*** out of them. make sure u still have a vehicle to finish with, and you win. this works very well if you have a partner to do this with.
You don't necessarily need a vehicle. Most levels have a stray car (or truck) here or there you can use, and if necessary (if you're really, really patient), you can run.

But yeah, this was discussed in great detail in the Achievement Guide thread. I recommend looking through those threads when you have tips like these: most guides already have stuff like this, and if they don't, that's the best way to get them into the guide.

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Yaz Comix37

MO Guns37's Gamercard
thanks a lot this helped me very much
Old 02-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
towelie07

TOWELIE07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
The supercar strategy works great! I raced about 60% of the races straight up, but some of the tracks just try my patience, i.e. the ones where the number of competing cars is inversely proportional to the size/width of the track itself.

I only need to win 5 more races to get Street Racer Elite, and I'll do that today after the Super Bowl.

All Achievements Arcade - 68
towelie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #11
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is the best way to get the Racing achievements IMO. I used this method to get the achievements a while back.

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:34 AM   #12
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlionsfan View Post
You don't necessarily need a vehicle. Most levels have a stray car (or truck) here or there you can use, and if necessary (if you're really, really patient), you can run.

But yeah, this was discussed in great detail in the Achievement Guide thread. I recommend looking through those threads when you have tips like these: most guides already have stuff like this, and if they don't, that's the best way to get them into the guide.
you must have a lot of patience to run through all the races.

Last edited by sjanuary99; 02-04-2008 at 04:36 AM.
sjanuary99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Tijntjee K.

TrippinKaos's Gamercard
i hate the new buggie cars they aren't easily destroyed.. but for the rest this works well for me
Tijntjee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
Rifle Elite

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is what I do:

Build a barricade. You only have to put some things in the middle of the road, the other agents arent really smart. Put your own vehicle a few meters in front of your barricade. Then aim for your car's fuel tank and wait until the other agents are near. Blow up your car when agent nr.1 is near your car and you will most likely kill him. There is always 1 lone driver , and this way you wont destroy the barricade. Its impossible to destroy all cars the first time so only shoot at groups of cars. You will get about 4-8 kills, leaving you only about 3-7 opponents. Build a better and stronger barricade with the destroyed cars and this time you can destroy all cars if you're lucky. Maybe 1 or 2 agents survive but you can wait for them when they come across your barricade for the last time...
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am about to go for these two and I want to get this straight. What you do is start a race with a certain car and before you start the race, go to the agency and get the supercar, then start it, and do the race for each car on the list. Using the supercar counts as using the car you chose? The directions were a little confusing.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
barroz

BapDawg110's Gamercard
What is the best way for the sandrails race? They are almost impossible to hit the gas tanks and the tires don't pop. I attempted with the supercar and it just doesn't hold traction in the dirt well enough to do it. I tried shooting with the buggy and even taped my b button down to keep it shooting. Am just about frustrated!

Arcade--Uno, Buku Sudoku, Dash of Destruction

barroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #17
batdude

xKRiiMZONx's Gamercard
will someone plz help me with street racer elite i dont have the dlc and i havent even started pm me if u wanna help
batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #18
batdude

xKRiiMZONx's Gamercard
could you help me with street racer elite?
batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #19
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
will someone plz help me with street racer elite i dont have the dlc
If you don't have the DLC, you can't get Street Racer Elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 AM   #20
I Crush All
Banned User

I Crush All's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
This is what I do:

Build a barricade. You only have to put some things in the middle of the road, the other agents arent really smart. Put your own vehicle a few meters in front of your barricade. Then aim for your car's fuel tank and wait until the other agents are near. Blow up your car when agent nr.1 is near your car and you will most likely kill him. There is always 1 lone driver , and this way you wont destroy the barricade. Its impossible to destroy all cars the first time so only shoot at groups of cars. You will get about 4-8 kills, leaving you only about 3-7 opponents. Build a better and stronger barricade with the destroyed cars and this time you can destroy all cars if you're lucky. Maybe 1 or 2 agents survive but you can wait for them when they come across your barricade for the last time...
This is a really stupid way because it takes way more time to build a barricade than to get the supercar and use it for every race.
I Crush All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:49 AM   #21
djhepcat

DJHepcat's Gamercard
anyone tried any other methods for the La Murge buggy and racecar events? I've tried the supercar, i've tried barricades, I've tried to actually race the races....nothing works.
djhepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
HellRaiser785

HellRaiser785's Gamercard
Ugh, just finished the La Mugre off-road circuit. What an awful, pain-in-the-ass track. Used the supercar method on all the other races except on the race car one. I had to use the barricade method to stop the race cars just long enough for me to shoot out a couple gas tanks.

The spot that worked for me was about a quarter-mile before the beginning of the race. It's a hairpin-turn with three big rocks, a few tiny ones, and a truck nearby making it easy to blow up the first half of your opponents. Then you grab the carcasses and pile them up so you can build a slightly better barricade. Hopefully the first explosions left a car intact, but with a dead driver, so you can use that car to set off the barricade the second time.

100%: Call of Duty 2, Worms, Gun, UNO, Lego Indiana Jones; Penny Arcade Episode 1; Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway >90%: LEGO: Star Wars II, Crackdown, Mass Effect, Braid, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Shadow Complex
HellRaiser785 is offline   Reply With Quote