PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Disney Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 12/12 (400)
-Online: 0/00 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 400: 5-7 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Level replay available and most likely needed to get everything)
-Missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No difficulty option
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? Use a collectibles guide (written or video)

Introduction

The game is based on a Sega classic of the same title. It was, however, built from the ground up. It's a very easy game, mostly you're just trying to collect everything. You start in a castle and unlock levels as you collect diamonds and beat previous ones. There are a total of 5 worlds with 3 acts each, act 3 always being a boss. Every level is replayable and there is nothing you can miss in the game. There is no difficulty to choose either.

Step 1: Beat all levels

You can play through the game beating all levels and following a collectible guide, or you can find everything by yourself. It's an easy game and you might have to only replay a few areas and bosses.

Step 2: Replaying levels

If you're still missing any collectibles, go back and replay those levels. Grab what you're missing by playing through on your own or looking over a collectible guide. Make sure you also grab the clock at the start of the stage you are replaying to get the time attack mode based achievement.

Step 3: Superbounce

There are only a few places to get the achievement called Superbounce. You must bounce on 7 enemies in a row without touching the ground. There are rarely ever more than a few enemies on screen at once. The best opportunity will be in Toyland Act 2. Start the level and the first set of enemies can be bounced on for the achievement.

Conclusion

Very easy game that doesn't take a lot of your time. Most levels can be completed in just a few minutes if you weren't worried about collectibles. The collectibles are what make the game last.

Guide Credits: Tyger7, WalterWhite, youtube links for collectibles
packattack04082

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-23-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
World of Illusion 40
Collected all the Magic Playing Cards.

There are a total of 5 Magic Playing Cards spanning 5 levels. The levels are Enchanted Forest Act 1 and 2, Toyland Act 1 and 2, and The Storm Act 1. You can replay levels to find the ones you are missing. Stand in front of the door and it will show you what collectibles you have in that level.

Follow the Collectible Guide for the locations.

Quackshot 40
Collected all of Donald's Chili Peppers.

There are a total of 5 Chili Peppers spanning 5 levels. The levels are The Storm Act 2, The Library Act 1 and 2, and The Castle Act 1 and 2. You can replay levels to find the ones you are missing. Stand in front of the door and it will show you what collectibles you have in that level.

Masters of Illusions 80
Defeated Mizrabel and rescued Minnie.

After beating all of the levels, you will go up the stairs in the castle to a balcony. You will then have to jump and swing your way to the top where you fight the last boss. You must avoid her attacks and then jump on her head. Do this 6 times to complete the game. You may die a few times before really getting the hang of her attacks.

Click HERE to watch a video on the last boss.

Castle Decor 20
Completed a Castle Statue.

A Castle Statue is completed when you get both statue pieces in acts 1 and 2, then defeat the boss. This will come naturally as you are going for the collectibles.

Masters of Illusion 40
Completed all Castle Statues.

There are a total of 10 Castle Statue pieces to find throughout 10 levels. You must also beat all 5 bosses to get every statue complete. You can replay levels to find the ones you are missing. Stand in front of the door and it will show you what collectibles you have in that level.

Pretty Picture 20
Unlocked a Castle Painting.

This will likely be your first achievement in the game after you complete the first level. You will get this naturally.

Fortune Hunter 20
Found 50% of all Magic Diamonds.

See "Money Bags" achievement description.

Money Bags 40
Found all the Magic Diamonds.

There are a total of 800 diamonds in the game to collect. There are 75 per Act 1 and Act 2 level spanning 5 areas. That gives you 750 diamonds within levels. There are 50 diamonds to find in the castle you start in. You can replay levels to find the ones you are missing. Stand in front of the door and it will show you what collectibles you have in that level. They will still appear in the levels after collecting them, but they will be gold.

Disillusioned 20
Broke the illusion of 75 enemies.

Breaking the illusion of an enemy just means you defeated them. Either bounce on their heads or throw projectiles at them. You will get this naturally as you play, as there are plenty of enemies and you can replay levels.

Superbounce 40
Bounced on 7 enemies in a row without touching the ground

The chance to find 7 enemies in an area where you can bounce on them is extremely rare in this game. The best opportunity you will have is in Toyland Act 2. At the start of the stage, move forward past the jack in the box. Jump on the soldiers, plane, clown, more soldiers and a jack in the box at the end.

Illusion Breaker 20
Broke the illusion of 25 enemies with projectiles.

There are projectiles you can throw using the or the when you collect them. The types of projectiles depend on the area that you're in. When you throw them at enemies, the enemy will die in one hit. This is very easy to obtain early on.

Tick Tock 20
Completed a stage in Time Attack mode.

This is a very easy achievement. When you replay a level, there is a giant clock above your head. Jump into it to start a timer. Now just finish the level.

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-23-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 26 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Corrupt. and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Disney Castle of Illusion Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Midnight calling. Mist of resolving. Crown me with the pure green leaf.

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
ka0tiktekn0

ka0tiktekn0's Gamercard
I bought the game during the Holiday sale, but didn't get to play it until now. I'd just like to say...Thank you for the work you put into this guide and the collectibles guide. It saddens me this game wasn't as popular as I was expecting, but I want you to know that it was greatly appreciated.
ka0tiktekn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
FF Claire Farron

Samus Aran 7's Gamercard
Great guide Tyger7 ! I feel ashamed my brother brought this game for me a while back and I still haven't set aside my gaming time to play this. This was one of my old time favorites back in the Sega Genesis/Megadrive days. Though I was about 3 or 4 years old when I actually started playing it. Time flys by so quick, but good memories kind of still last. Even great games.
FF Claire Farron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
FF Summoner Yuna

Great guide...! I have started to play this a bit on my cousins' Xbox 360. I love this game. I remember playing this on the original Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Great memories !

Last edited by FF Summoner Yuna; 09-08-2014 at 07:00 PM.
FF Summoner Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote