Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Diablo III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
The Hellfire Ring.

All of you coming in here that haven't played the PC version (Or PC players that haven't played in a while) are wondering what this ring is.

This ring is one of the most Legit OP Rings in a Diablo Game, Next to the Constrictor Ring (Which was taken out of D2).

Essentially, after you beat Hell, and progress into inferno, You can start farming for the parts for this ring. In order to make this ring, you'll need at least 2,086,000 Gold (134,000 Gold for Console). Each Act holds a Key Warden that, depending on Monster Level Difficulty, has a random drop rate for a Key, and Act 4's Key Warden holds the Blacksmithing plans to combine all 3 keys and a random key. These Keys can only be dropped when you have 5 stacks (3 Stacks for Console) of Nephalem Valor on. Without max stacks, keys and plans won't drop.

During Act 1, in the Fields of Misery, Odeg the Keywarden will drop the Key of Destruction.

During Act 2, in the Dahlgur Oasis, Sokahr the Keywarden will drop the Key of Hate.

During Act 3, on the Stonefort. Xah'Rith the Keywarden will drop the Key of Terror.

During Act 4, in the Silver Spire level 1, Nekaret the Keywarden will drop the Blacksmithing plans for the Infernal Machine and/or a random key depending on What level you play it on.

Once you get the keys, you must construct 3 infernal machines, which, like D2 Ubers, you can do it all in one game, and it'll go to the 3 different realms, which hold 2 bosses each, much more powerful than their inferno counter parts. Each Machine costs 12,000 gold to make (3,000 for Console), and once used, disappears.

Portal to The Realm of Discord will leave you fighting against King Leoric and Magdha. Once defeated, They will drop the Writhering Spine.

Portal to The Realm of Chaos will leave you fighting against Ghom and Rakanoth. Once defeated, They will drop the Devil's Fang.

Portal to The Realm of Turmoil will leave you fighting the Siege Breaker Beast and Zoltun Kulle. Once defeated, They will drop the Vengeful Eye.

Once you have this done, go to Act 2 and find Squirt the Peddler. She will sell you the plans for 100,000 Gold. The plans require your Jewelcrafter to be level 10 to learn the ways of crafting this beast of a ring. Once your Jewelcrafter learns it, you'll notice he has 4 different types of Hellfire rings to make. You can choose what primary stat you want your ring to have.

Hellfire Ring:

+170-200 (Choice: Str/Dex/Vit/Int)
+35% Experience
+4 Additional Random Properties
+%Chance of casting a ball of Hellfire at enemy
+170-200 (Random roll: Str/Dex/Vit/Int)

The Downside to this ring is it can only be equipped once, you can not make a Hellfire Ring of Vitality and a Hellfire Ring of Str/Dex/Int. If you do, you can give one to your Follower and they can use it. It is also account bound and can not be traded or sold, but can be salvaged.

Now this ring is pretty OP in its own right. But you want to know what is really OP about this ring?

It doesn't have a Level Requirement to wear it.

Difficulty drop rates for items to craft Hellfire Ring:

Easy - 5%
Medium - 20%
Hard - 40%
Master I - 60%
Master II - 70%
Master III - 80%
Master IV - 90%
Master V - 100%

Last edited by Drias; 10-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Drias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Zxello

Zxello5's Gamercard
So let's say me and 3 buddies want to go for this ring. If we all go play on Master V is it a 100% drop for ALL of us or is it only one us will get each piece from the bosses?
Zxello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
TheDeceiver35

TheDeceiver35's Gamercard
From my understand each boss will drop 1 piece. Then you guys get to fight over that loot.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Zxello

Zxello5's Gamercard
But it's not "group loot." The other players don't get to see what drops on my screen. So are the pieces tradeable?
Zxello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
I believe the pieces drop for everyone, and are account bound. You'd have to check the diablo wiki to be honest
Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Or make the ring with common resources...and then dupe it

I know... I'm such a hypocrite, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drias
I believe the pieces drop for everyone, and are account bound.
Can't be account bound, since the game isn't running on Blizzard B.net servers. Unless they're bonded to the character, like some legendary items.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 09-07-2013 at 06:04 AM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Unlike the PC, the Xbox can only get 3 buffs of Neff instead of the original 5 stacks.

I have 3 of each key from Act 1 and 2 now.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
Can't be account bound, since the game isn't running on Blizzard B.net servers. Unless they're bonded to the character, like some legendary items.
Account bound as in non-tradeable. Don't know if you can drop pieces and people can pick them up either. We'll find out sooner or later.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
dherrick

dherrick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drias View Post
Account bound as in non-tradeable. Don't know if you can drop pieces and people can pick them up either. We'll find out sooner or later.
Sorry that I need more clarification on this - but does that mean I can create the ring and then put it in my stash for another one of my own characters? Either way it sounds really great, never would have known without this thread. Thank you.
dherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #10
InfamousTruth

Send a message via AIM to InfamousTruth

InfamousTruth's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dherrick View Post
Sorry that I need more clarification on this - but does that mean I can create the ring and then put it in my stash for another one of my own characters? Either way it sounds really great, never would have known without this thread. Thank you.
The terms account bound to me would say yes you could place it in your stash for your other characters. But your Blacksmith and Jeweler are account wide as well, so you could just place the items in your stash then make it on a new character if you can share the ring in the stash.
InfamousTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #11
GottaGetMy

oG II GiiFT3D x's Gamercard
i almost created this ring Twice on 360 now and i can Verify a few things.

-You need a minimum of 3 portals (3x each key) in "1" Go, if you Quit game the portal is gone.

- You can only Share it with your other Chars (Account Bound) by putting it in your stash.

I went in each Teleport 2 Times now and Played it with a Friend on Inferno (Master 1) with 3 Stacks of Nephilim.

Got 5 Drops out of 6

Hope this helps
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #13
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Got my Hellfire Ring of Intell for my Wizard but I don't really feel OP at all.
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
I have a feeling I'm going to be crafting a bunch of these until I get a great one for each class.

I have a lvl23 ring that does:
1 Socket
4-8 Damage
60 Dexterity
18 Vitality
6% Attack Speed
45% Critical Hit Damage
And something else I can't remember at this time.

Needless to say, it's a very nice ring for a level 23. I'd like something similar in a Hellfire ring, considering you can put it on a level 1. a level 1 with a ring with ilvl 63 stats on it? Make it a cake walk.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
dherrick

dherrick's Gamercard
Hey, another question here. One key away so I'm about to try this!

How possible is it to kill the ubers solo? Everything I have read is about them on MP10. So I guess I should be asking, is it worth killing the ubers on normal? My guess is that I can handle it, but is the drop chance of the item reduced? Don't want to waste an infernal machine!

Thanks.
dherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #16
Minarvia

Minarvia1980's Gamercard
I don't know if anybody knows this, but I found out, well this happen to me already, that the final key warden, Nekaret the Keywarden, drops the Key of Hate plus the plans to make the ring whenever I faced him.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
TheDarkOne

LeGiOnOfPaIn666's Gamercard
Nekaret the key warden dropped the key of terror and the plan for me.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dherrick View Post
Hey, another question here. One key away so I'm about to try this!

How possible is it to kill the ubers solo? Everything I have read is about them on MP10. So I guess I should be asking, is it worth killing the ubers on normal? My guess is that I can handle it, but is the drop chance of the item reduced? Don't want to waste an infernal machine!

Thanks.
I ran keys on Master V on my Barb with no problem. Elites and Kewywardens had tons of health but it was completely doable. I got nine keys, made three infernal machines, and opened the first portal. It was siegebreaker and ZK. And they pretty much owned me. I tried several times and was able to kill siegebreaker twice after a lot of running around and waiting for WotB to cooldown, but ZK just did too much damage.

I got another set of keys and then backed it down to Master III. The other two sets of ubers were easy. Then I got ZK and Siegebreaker again. It was harder than the rest but completely doablo. All three times, the organ dropped.

I farmed three more sets of keys on Master V, then did the ubers again on Master III. Organs dropped again all three times.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSully View Post
I ran keys on Master V on my Barb with no problem. Elites and Kewywardens had tons of health but it was completely doable. I got nine keys, made three infernal machines, and opened the first portal. It was siegebreaker and ZK. And they pretty much owned me. I tried several times and was able to kill siegebreaker twice after a lot of running around and waiting for WotB to cooldown, but ZK just did too much damage.

I got another set of keys and then backed it down to Master III. The other two sets of ubers were easy. Then I got ZK and Siegebreaker again. It was harder than the rest but completely doablo. All three times, the organ dropped.

I farmed three more sets of keys on Master V, then did the ubers again on Master III. Organs dropped again all three times.
I have the opposite issue in that boss fight, I have a tough time with the siege breaking with my Wizard because his reflect damage makes me almost kill myself instantly lol.

The ring I made is pretty great for leveling up faster, but not that great for my level 60 characters.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
Im Ultra Gay

ooohhh yyyyaaaa's Gamercard
So this might seem like a dumb question but do keywardens respawn in their respective area's in the same playthrough or do you have to start a new one?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
David Ben Avram

If someone is doing some ubers msg me...I'd love to help.

Gt...David Ben Avram
David Ben Avram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #22
Minarvia

Minarvia1980's Gamercard
Question about the Uberbosses, can it be done on any setting? Because I don't think I could do them on Monster Level V. I can beat King Leoric and Magdha on Monster Level II, Ghom, I can't kill him fastest enough before he floods the room with his poison attack, Siege Breaker Beast, I can do that, Zoltun Kulle his teleporting is annoying as hell and because of that I can't beat him. Rakanoth isn't that bad, because he just sit there firing ice attacks at you.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #23
Im Ultra Gay

ooohhh yyyyaaaa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarvia View Post
Question about the Uberbosses, can it be done on any setting? Because I don't think I could do them on Monster Level V. I can beat King Leoric and Magdha on Monster Level II, Ghom, I can't kill him fastest enough before he floods the room with his poison attack, Siege Breaker Beast, I can do that, Zoltun Kulle his teleporting is annoying as hell and because of that I can't beat him. Rakanoth isn't that bad, because he just sit there firing ice attacks at you.
You can do them on any difficulty. The only difference difficulty effects is the drop percent increase. I have noticed that on master level I the keywardens have dropped keys every single time 5 times in a row. So I am going to run one of the portals in hopes that I can get the same kind of luck.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #24
abstract1620

harry coinshlot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drias View Post
The Downside to this ring is it can only be equipped once, you can not make a Hellfire Ring of Vitality and a Hellfire Ring of Str/Dex/Int.
I need clarification before I go through all this work. Do you mean that you can only equip one, or it can only be equipped once? Like can I make one for INT and use it to level up a wiz and a witch dr? I cant find anything else that says you can only equip it once, but most info is written for PC.

Also, can someone please explain to me what MP10 is? I only see MP1-5. Is MP10 diablo3 cool kids slang for inferno on MP5 with 4 people? I can see how that would need abbreviating.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
I bought the plans for 50,000...

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract1620 View Post
I need clarification before I go through all this work. Do you mean that you can only equip one, or it can only be equipped once? Like can I make one for INT and use it to level up a wiz and a witch dr? I cant find anything else that says you can only equip it once, but most info is written for PC.

Also, can someone please explain to me what MP10 is? I only see MP1-5. Is MP10 diablo3 cool kids slang for inferno on MP5 with 4 people? I can see how that would need abbreviating.
You can only equip 1 Hellfire Ring at a time. However if you have the materials you can make as many as you want. They are account bound and can't be traded. So you can either make them for your other toons or try and roll better versions.

MP is Monster Power from the PC. It's the equivalent of Master Level for the Console. The verbiage is being confused for the two game versions.

Last edited by Yannie Boy; 09-23-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #27
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Couldn't people just trade the three pieces of the ring, like the "organs"?
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #28
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
Couldn't people just trade the three pieces of the ring, like the "organs"?
None of any portions of Hellfire ring are tradable. Keys, Infernal Machine, Organs, and the Ring itself cannot be dropped nor traded.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
Minarvia

Minarvia1980's Gamercard
Also the plan for the ring for your blacksmith can't be dropped, traded, or sold, learn that the hard way.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #30
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Right...I have 3 keys now, what is the piece that has to be used on the play you make it and disappears when you quit out?

Just so I know before I make an infernal machine and not use it only for it to vanish the next day...

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote