Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox One
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Tommyguns11

Send a message via AIM to Tommyguns11 Send a message via Yahoo to Tommyguns11

Tommyguns11's Gamercard
Talking Game Included in US version of XB1?

Has anyone heard anything regarding this either? It's nice to know that the UK version will be bundled with their choice of Forza or FIFA...and for what? They get theirs the same time we get ours, no delays, same price....so why the added benefit to them? Show us some love Microsoft and hook it up with Madden!

Tommyguns11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It's confirmed that preorder consoles in North America will get a game included too. Which game?

Last edited by Merch; 09-06-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
It's confirmed that preorder consoles in North America will get a game included too. Which game?

Confirmed from where? I haven't seen anything that has said that.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
crimzontearz

dropzofcrimzon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Some MS rep let it slip
crimzontearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Click here for a link to the article where the rep says that we will be receiving a game with the consoles But that game has not yet been confirmed on what it is going to be. I REALLY hope that its DR3 I REALLY do. Because that is the launch title that I planed on getting anyways ")
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

If the rumor is true (because until it's confirmed by a named source, it's still a rumor IMO) ...

I hope it's either DR3 or Ryse: Son of Rome. I have Forza's LE pre-ordered, so if it's Forza I'll be stuck deciding whether to try to sell the download code or cancel the LE. If it's FIFA or MADDEN, I doubt I'll play it hardly at all.

But DR3 I can easily cancel my pre-order for that and just use the free download version. And Ryse? I was just planning to wait and see on that one anyways, so it might be good to get it for free.

The other possibility that not many have considered is NFS:Rivals, which is another EA game (like FIFA). I'd probably be OK with that one too, but I'd still play Forza about 10x more.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyguns11 View Post
Has anyone heard anything regarding this either? It's nice to know that the UK version will be bundled with their choice of Forza or FIFA...and for what? They get theirs the same time we get ours, no delays, same price....so why the added benefit to them? Show us some love Microsoft and hook it up with Madden!

American stereotype much?
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SK3TS N GR4VY View Post
Click here for a link to the article where the rep says that we will be receiving a game with the consoles But that game has not yet been confirmed on what it is going to be. I REALLY hope that its DR3 I REALLY do. Because that is the launch title that I planed on getting anyways ")
Well we all know MS has gotten their signals crossed before in terms of saying two different things. So, I'm not overly excited about this yet.

If there is a game I highly doubt it would be DR3. I just can't see MS giving an M rated game to everyone. I'd guess Forza myself.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Australians are getting Fifa 14 bundled for free.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Tommyguns11

Tommyguns11's Gamercard
Damn right!

What's this "paid in full" business? I tried to go to Best Buy to "pay off" my console and they told me that in order to pay it off now, they had to cancel my order which would then remove me from the list as there are no preorders available. I'd have to come in at midnight launch (or later) and pay it off upon pickup. With that being said, if it has to be pain in full, Best Buy is going to have some issues! I've got the cash in hand but they "can't accept it?" What?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
If this is to happen, it'll probably be Madden. Not a stereotype any more than UK members getting FIFA. They could just as easily stick with FIFA though. But if you think it would be a first-party game or X1 exclusive you're off your meds. They're not giving away their own profits, and they made that deal with EA for a reason.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
Sasquach11235
Subscribing Member

Sasquach11235's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I'll be happy with whatever game they give me (if they give me one). I would like to know what it is, so I can adjust my game orders if I need to.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
Tommyguns11

Tommyguns11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach11235 View Post
I'll be happy with whatever game they give me (if they give me one). I would like to know what it is, so I can adjust my game orders if I need to.
I agree completely! I have too many preorders...and if an included game is one I have on order, then I need to redistribute some funds!

Can't wait till 11.22.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
crimzontearz

I fucking hate sports

especially football

how about they hook us up with something other than that mundane tripe?

anyone else?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
If this is to happen, it'll probably be Madden. Not a stereotype any more than UK members getting FIFA. They could just as easily stick with FIFA though. But if you think it would be a first-party game or X1 exclusive you're off your meds. They're not giving away their own profits, and they made that deal with EA for a reason.
I was thinking the stupid stereotype. What with it been the same price but we get the added benefit of a free game
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
But they are doing Forza in the EU which is BOTH first party AND exclusive. I would be thrilled with forza. I will never buy it as I am just not that interested but Forza gives MS another chance to get some cash back with in game purchases of cars, skins etc that they wouldn't have with most other titles. And if folks ge it free they might be a bit more likely to spend a bit in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimzontearz View Post
I fucking hate sports

especially football

how about they hook us up with something other than that mundane tripe?

anyone else?

I also don't like sports games. I will play them but I can guarantee that it wont matter for long. EA will just turn the server off anyway.
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
anyone else?
Pretty much how I feel. I'm really hoping it's going to be Forza but I'd take anything before fucking Madden.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Pretty much how I feel. I'm really hoping it's going to be Forza but I'd take anything before fucking Madden.
I'd take forza too....and I fucking hate driving games
Old 09-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #19
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
I really don't think the US should get a free game. I believe the only reason we are getting one is because the import tax is stupid. I think they are trying to soften the blow a little.

I think for the UK it is something like $150 more. Pretty funny that.

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If it's going to be an EA game I wouldn't mind Madden or FIFA, if I really got to choose it be BF4 though.
alpha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lol if we get a free game included it's going to be a Basketball or Football game, no thanks.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Lol if we get a free game included it's going to be a Basketball or Football game, no thanks.
open the box, trade the sucker in, preorder another game
Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Beggars can't be choosers. #firstworldproblems
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
Sbeatly

arturohart's Gamercard
It'll probably be Madden/Forza. If this expands to the rest of America, Canada will get NHL and Latin America FIFA.
Sbeatly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #25
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbeatly View Post
It'll probably be Madden/Forza. If this expands to the rest of America, Canada will get NHL and Latin America FIFA.
in virtue of that Italy should get Ryse
Old 09-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #26
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
How do you trade a downloadable game in?

You might be able to sell it, but even then, most of the people buying the system will also be getting the code :/

It's like LEGO Batman. That game has a trade in value of like $0.25 because it was in so many damned bundles.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #27
crimzontearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
How do you trade a downloadable game in?

You might be able to sell it, but even then, most of the people buying the system will also be getting the code :/

It's like LEGO Batman. That game has a trade in value of like $0.25 because it was in so many damned bundles.
gah...I did not know it was digital
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #28
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
I really don't think the US should get a free game. I believe the only reason we are getting one is because the import tax is stupid. I think they are trying to soften the blow a little.

I think for the UK it is something like $150 more. Pretty funny that.
This argument is complete bullshit. People throw out this exchange rate crap but don't take any other factors into account. And I am English, I moved to the US four years ago so I have experienced it from both sides.

The national minimum wage in the UK is 6.19, the state minimum in Mass where I live is $8, and it's lower in some states. Taking the exchange rate into account the UK minimum is $9.69.

Someone earning the minimum wage in the UK would have to work 69 hours to pay for their console someone in Mass would have to work 66 so that's a difference of 18.57 factor in the free game and your about 30 better off.

And I know what you are going to say if you convert the full price of the console from GBP to USD it's $170 more expensive and yes it is but if you are going to do that you have to also convert the minimum wage and it still works out at 69 hours worked to earn $670 dollars.

Obviously I understand that everybody doesn't fall into these simplified earnings categories but I use these as an example to show that your not exactly getting screwed by MS so somehow 'deserve' that game over the US consumers.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #29
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
So simply because somebody earns more at a minimum they should have to pay more? That's bullcrap. Things of course need to be accommodated for like shipping and taxes and I assume that's what makes up the price. But your countries minimum wage shouldn't be a factor at all.

The reality is, every country besides the US and Canada is paying a premium on the console. Microsoft feels the need to compensate for this buying giving out a free game (I can only assume, it seems to fit).

American's still whinge.

I didn't say anything about being screwed by MS, but they somehow feel people are getting screwed by a countries taxes.

I live in Australia and based on our minimum wage I'd suggest you'd need to work somewhere between 40-45 hours to accumulate the $544 to buy the console. So why do they feel the need to give us a freebie? Because we have a substantially better economic situation than the US/UK? Nah I don't think so.

I simply don't think North America deserves the same as the UK. Personally, I don't think we deserve it based on those numbers but so be it. I won't complain either way.

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:19 AM   #30
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
This argument is complete bullshit. People throw out this exchange rate crap but don't take any other factors into account. And I am English, I moved to the US four years ago so I have experienced it from both sides.

The national minimum wage in the UK is 6.19, the state minimum in Mass where I live is $8, and it's lower in some states. Taking the exchange rate into account the UK minimum is $9.69.

Someone earning the minimum wage in the UK would have to work 69 hours to pay for their console someone in Mass would have to work 66 so that's a difference of 18.57 factor in the free game and your about 30 better off.

And I know what you are going to say if you convert the full price of the console from GBP to USD it's $170 more expensive and yes it is but if you are going to do that you have to also convert the minimum wage and it still works out at 69 hours worked to earn $670 dollars.

Obviously I understand that everybody doesn't fall into these simplified earnings categories but I use these as an example to show that your not exactly getting screwed by MS so somehow 'deserve' that game over the US consumers.
Minimum Wage in European countries is generally a livable wage though. In fact, in the UK, that is exactly how the minimum wage increases are handled. They increase it to keep folks who work minimum wage above the poverty line.

In the US, working full time (40hrs/wk) at minimum wage ... puts most people below the poverty line. The Poverty Line in the US is $23,050 ... but at $8/hr 40/hrs per week, even working all 52 weeks in the year, that's only $16,640 (BEFORE TAXES).

Poverty is much more complicated in the UK, with multiple government definitions for poverty, but basically it's about whether you make less than 60% of the median income. For a single adult, that's was set at 100/wk in 2005.

So, a full-time minimum wage UK worker is making 247.60/wk ... which is QUITE a bit higher than the poverty line. Plus, most workers in the UK benefit from things that we don't have in the US ... such as efficient and readily available public transportation!! The UK has a population density of 262/km2 in the US, that number drops to 35 people per square km!! There are VERY few cities in the United States where you can use cheap and efficient public transportation ... which is why most Americans MUST own, maintain, and pay to fuel a car.

I don't have any statistics to base it on, but I'd bet about 85% or more of the "minimum wage earners" in the United States have to own a car to get to work. Whereas, in the UK, I bet that number drops to 50% or lower.

So, not only are the UK workers making more money (when converted to US$, $4,000 more per year), but many of them aren't forced to spend it on expensive transportation costs just to hold the job.

---

It's not apples and oranges ... more like apples and rocks.

Just because they're both called "minimum wage" doesn't mean they give you the minimum amount to live on.