PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
Frizzed

TMM Frizzed's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!
Frizzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
Suicide Mercy

Send a message via MSN to Suicide Mercy

Suicide Mercy's Gamercard
out of the 500+ looking on this thread i guess ill get the ball rolling...

Unbeatable Fists: you'll probably unlock something like a gamer pic or something post thoughts :]
Suicide Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Is there a statistic screen showing how close you are to the achievements like in Soul Caliber 4?

mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
JordanBoi

SoldJordan2007's Gamercard
i think i can get most of these achievements but some are so hard
JordanBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
No, there is no in-game screen showing you your achievement progress.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
how do you boost ranked matches?
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
Norman Coxwell

Monkalrus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quick Question: When on the screen telling how to complete moves, what does it want me to do when it has the one with the black line over it?
Norman Coxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Moon_Child79

I just had a quick question regarding the "Storied Reputation" achievement. Basically, passed the game w/ every character in the game on medium using the easy method, but the achievement didn't unlock. I'm sure that I finished it w/ everyone because I checked it off as I went. I'm just looking for a possible reason as to why it didn't unlock for me. I know it's a stretch, but I had the request match settings on set for ranked matches. For anyone who unlocked this achievement using the easy way, could you let me know if you remember having the req match setting to off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance*
Moon_Child79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
Aoi84

aoi84's Gamercard
Quote:
how do you boost ranked matches?
Party chat with a friend, set up a ranked lobby with the settings:
Round = 1
Time = 30
Language = Foreign (we had a lot of lobby joins with german, but the korean room worked swell, 20 times perfectly)

Have your friend constantly refresh/search the ranked language lobby until they see your name, and join... let them win 10 times, you win 10 times. Your BP gets messy, so maybe have the better player go first (since they'll end with a low BP, but more likely to regain it later... if you even care).

Quote:
Quick Question: When on the screen telling how to complete moves, what does it want me to do when it has the one with the black line over it?
I've not seen this, which move specifically?

Here's a couple odd ones:
1. move* = repeat repeat repeat ~seth's uppercut, e honda's hand slap, gen's air kick~
2. move->move = cancel the first into the second by quickly mashing on the latter button as the first comes out (these are labeled as "target combo") ~ken's target combo mp->hp~
3. move...move = finish the special move with a selected button for different effects ~cammy's holligan combination, el fuerte's habanaro dash~

Quote:
I just had a quick question regarding the "Storied Reputation" achievement. Basically, passed the game w/ every character in the game on medium using the easy method, but the achievement didn't unlock. I'm sure that I finished it w/ everyone because I checked it off as I went. I'm just looking for a possible reason as to why it didn't unlock for me. I know it's a stretch, but I had the request match settings on set for ranked matches. For anyone who unlocked this achievement using the easy way, could you let me know if you remember having the req match setting to off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance*
Make sure you also beat it with Akuma, Gouken, and Seth. If you've only played on medium difficulty and haven't beat it on easiest or easy with random characters, you can check the gallery out to see which character's anime opening/closing your missing--to clear up that you indeed beat it with everybody.

If you did unlock videos on easier modes, it'll make your life difficult trying to remember if you beat medium with them.

Fight Requests shouldn't hinder the achievement. I unlocked story achievements with FRs on. Not the storied one yet (still working on it, I unlocked everyone in easy). But things like beating hardest difficulty worked fine.

The Zangief method should work so long as you #1 choose the character required for unlocking first, then switching to gief on a continue, and #2 beat Seth with your original character.

If worse comes to worse and you don't know where you went astray, I'd just beat story fully with each character, in order, without using the gief method... good practice anyways, hehe. Just about every character has a move they can spam the computer with, just like gief. Guide writers suggest him cause it's essentially one button.

Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat = Fireballs
Bison/E Honda/Blanka/Vega = Charge back, forward + punch
Cammy = Cannon drill
Abel/Fei Long = Rekka moves
It may get a little harder towards the end of story mode, but using 1 rounds and 30sec matches, you're bound to get a hit or two in and win by clock.

---

Anybody else grumpy about 4 or 5 achievements all being tied to trial mode ==? Titles and Icons should have been purely online. 10G for trials is like spitting in your face.

Should have been like this for all the character specific titles you unlock in trials:
X Character Title: Earn by winning X matches online with this character.

Not only would this free up the burden of trials...

... dare I say...

...people might choose a slew of different characters online?!
*GASP*

Last edited by Aoi84; 02-27-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Aoi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
^Couldn't agree more with your sig
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #11
Flesseck214

Flesseck214's Gamercard
Can some of the achievements like "Super Combo Champion" and "Ultra Combo Champion" be done in Versus, and other modes? What I'm getting at is: can I boost some of the achievements with a second controller?
Flesseck214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #12
Diesel8590

Diesel8590's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesseck214 View Post
Can some of the achievements like "Super Combo Champion" and "Ultra Combo Champion" be done in Versus, and other modes? What I'm getting at is: can I boost some of the achievements with a second controller?
I believe the Super and Ultra can be boosted via Versus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark212
Is there a statistic screen showing how close you are to the achievements like in Soul Caliber 4?
Going to Player Data and Statistics [somewhere along those lines] you can see how many games you've played, how many you've won, and what your longest winning streak is. It doesn't say how many Ultra/Supers you've gotten, but it clears up the Games Played/Games Won checking.

Currently: 1k'd DW6: Empires! My First!

My L33T [1,337th] Achievement:

Crowd Control [RE5]
Diesel8590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
So the Trials don't count towards the Gold Standard? If not, it's still at least doable for me. Maybe I'll take the time to boost those Trials, but I just don't see it happening. Too bad really.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #14
Benjdude

One thing for sure is that these achievements are tough and will be very time-consuming for the average player. I have owned this game for a few weeks now and luckily I enjoy it immensely. I will eventually get close to 1000 on this one.
Benjdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity's Gamercard
Is it possible to get some of the Achievements in Training Mode?
Zero Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #16
mrfunkyjunkie

mrfunkyjunkie's Gamercard
Challenge Expert
Clear all Challenges in Challenge Mode.

for this cheevo, do you really need to complete all challenges with all characters ? or just one ?

1000 GTA4, Fable 2, DMC4, COD4, COD5, COD:MW2, NFS:PS, NFS:UC, Halo:CEA, Halo 3, MoH: Airborne

mrfunkyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
You need to complete Time Trial/Survival with one character and beat all individual character trials.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
strikerzex911

Strykerz911's Gamercard
Can we perform the 100 any attacks on training mode?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
minh2

Send a message via Skype™ to minh2

minh2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerzex911 View Post
Can we perform the 100 any attacks on training mode?
yes you can, in training and challenge mode, where you can have infinite of both gauge, you can spam the moves until you get the achievement

there are some achievements that cannot be done that way;
Super Combo Champion, Ultra Combo Champion and Sunny Daze

where you actually have to play a round in any mode, online, arcade, challenge or versus to do them
minh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #20
cantona222

Send a message via MSN to cantona222

Cantona222's Gamercard
I have a question for this achievement:

Proof of Battle
Play 500 Xbox LIVE battles.(Ranked match or player match)

Do championship mode games count in the 500 battles?
cantona222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #21
minh2

minh2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona222 View Post
I have a question for this achievement:

Proof of Battle
Play 500 Xbox LIVE battles.(Ranked match or player match)

Do championship mode games count in the 500 battles?
yes they do

only those who require "Win X in a Row" can only be done in Ranked Match.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
boogieboy38

boogieboy38's Gamercard
I have two questions about the achievements.

1. I'm working on the Ultra Combo Finish achievement ( get 50 of them ) will it also count toward the other just get 100 ultra combos achievements?
2.For the focus attack to count do I have to counter with a focus attack or just when the enemy is stunned do a focus attack?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers.
boogieboy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #23
minh2

minh2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieboy38 View Post
I have two questions about the achievements.

1. I'm working on the Ultra Combo Finish achievement ( get 50 of them ) will it also count toward the other just get 100 ultra combos achievements?
2.For the focus attack to count do I have to counter with a focus attack or just when the enemy is stunned do a focus attack?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers.
all your ultra combo finish will count toward performing the 100 ultra combos

and for the focus attack, as long as it successfully hit an opponent, it will count. for it to hit, he must not block or you can fully charge a focus for it to have break armor property
Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #24
CozierZebra

CozierZebra's Gamercard
While going for the storied reputation achievement (beat arcade mode on medium or higher difficulty with every character), I forgot to note which of the 6 characters used to unlock the other characters I had or had not beaten medium with.

Now I'm slowing dying while trying to narrow this list down.

After beating Seth with Vega I thought I was done with arcade mode for a little. It's getting easier, I just feel so damaged...
Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #25
wyldsilence

wyldsilence's Gamercard
This is something I've been freaking out about: will i have to do ALL of the challenges all over again for super street fighter4? or will they still be counted if I've done them in original SF4?
wyldsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #26
Toxic is sik
Banned User

ToXiC is SiK's Gamercard
1000/1000 today ftw
Toxic is sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #27
Munkk1

DarkD3s1re's Gamercard
Which has the "easier" chievos: SF4 or SSF4? I looked at the lists and the later looked to be a bit less controller breaking but is that the case for real? I'm new to teh series and thinking about buying either one sometime this summer. I am really pleased with my completion rate with chievos so I would like to get over half of them here too Tekken 6 would be easier but I guess it's not my game as it just looks so dark and complicated. Plus, I have overplayed t5 with my friend.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #28
gtogsx

gtogsx's Gamercard
Time Attack Gold

I have a question on Time Attack Normal. At Level 7 & 9 there are 6 stages and I beat them all but can only get silver. How do I attain the gold? I beat them fairly quickly and plenty of health left.

gtogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #29
big cock

diss

:wo op:prick s
big cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
big cock

diss

hack this shit???#!@%^45
big cock is offline   Reply With Quote