PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
Survival

For most people the Survival achievement in the first release of DoA5 is what broke them. Luckily there are a lot of changes in this one.

First, you need only do one Solo course for any achievements. Just pick Rookie and be done with it.

Second, You can just do the Legendary course for Tag immediately to unlock the Clear All Courses achievement for it (this goes for Arcade and Time Attack as well).

Third, ITEMS! Items drop when you kill an opponent or when you hit them with a down attack. Food items heal (watermelon heals 100%) while fun items (guitar, volleyballs) earn points. Finally, every 10 opponents you defeat will earn you a lettuce item. This is the best item ever since it'll heal your tag partner, even from being completely knocked out.

There is little to no reason most who play this game for achievements won't get them all. The Legendary course for Tag Survival isn't easy by any stretch but if you play smart it's at least much easier than DoA5.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Update, the "Tag" Clear for certain modes for all difficulties is a typo and you only really need to clear 1 course for each one (on Rookie is easier). I guess they still haven't learned of fixing their descriptions for the achs again, lol.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ult..._20130903.html

So pretty much CyberEvil, you just took it longer than it need be, but good mention anyways. :3

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
As I only played one Solo and one Tag course (Rookie and then Legendary respectively) it didn't actually take me any longer. The AI on Legendary isn't terribly dangerous, especially on Tag. The description for the Solo achievements just says to complete one course, which is why I did Rookie. The Tag one states clearing all courses, so I did Legendary thinking it'd stack for previous difficulties which it did. If you can just do Tag Rookie difficulty for some then that's even easier.

I'm curious as to which modes you can play on Tag and not do Legendary on, since there are only three.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
RAINKINGX1

RAINKINGX1's Gamercard
Wow , so its even easier , just complete one on solo and one on tag for the achievements. I think I can get 1000/1000 in one day.. this game is just far too easy...
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
MM2313

Metamania2313's Gamercard
So, just to get it straight. you only need to clear one of each to get all the achievements? I mean, do you really need to go through all the difficulties in each to get the achievements or just play one in each, that's what I mean?

Last edited by MM2313; 09-04-2013 at 01:34 PM.
MM2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Yes, just 1 route (preferably on Rookie diff.) on all the modes that you get achievements on, its really simple, lol.

Sig by Setsuna
Old 09-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
Well damn lol. Ah well, it didn't take me long even to do Tag Survival on Legendary. Got it on the first try. That lettuce item is OP haha.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #8
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

lol, lettuce item, but damn CyberEvil, 1st to finish it (in the world) is a feat for ya, lol. :3

Sig by Setsuna
Old 09-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
I had a bit of a headstart but thanks lol. It does feel good to be the first anywhere to complete a game for once.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
OmegaFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEvil View Post
I had a bit of a headstart but thanks lol. It does feel good to be the first anywhere to complete a game for once.
congrats!. yes the achivements are easy this time. 10hrs is all you need i believe

now, make a guide for us haha
OmegaFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
No guide needed for this game. Trust me. All of the achievements are self explanatory and I've been avoiding writing guides since Razor's Edge.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
OmegaFlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEvil View Post
No guide needed for this game. Trust me. All of the achievements are self explanatory and I've been avoiding writing guides since Razor's Edge.
Yeah.

I think you felt obligated writing RE haha because you wrote vanilla ng3
Old 09-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Yeah, I was thinking of putting one myself, but I don't see any reason besides all of the achs. being simple and self-explanatory (other than the typo's for the ones for Tag Modes), so yeah...

Sig by Setsuna
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
CyberEvil

CyberEvil's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaFlip View Post
Yeah.

I think you felt obligated writing RE haha because you wrote vanilla ng3
That's pretty much it exactly. I love the Dead or Alive franchise and support it in many ways...an achievement guide for this game seems unnecessary though lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
OmegaFlip

I thinks there's already one available in the achievement discussion thread. It's just a straight link to the achiemvents which is all it needs.