PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not surprised to see so many perfect scores. Its a chance for a site to be on the next commercial.

Last goal met: 250k - February 18, 2015

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
Starkweather

I can't wait to play as three 'scumbags' for hours on end
Old 09-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Decent score.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Honestly, I don't care what the bad reviews say. I've enjoyed every single GTA game i've played since three and i doubt 5 lets me down

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #35
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Wow... Not getting one of the best games ever, because of the XB1. Really?
Well, it's the console plus Forza 5 and Battlefield 4, so.

But yeah, I want this and the Xbox One and 'next gen' potential, but I can't spend so much on myself before Christmas. It was practically a pick out of the hat scenario.

Though I am seriously considering trading in some games and picking it up tomorrow. Just watched Kotaku's 'let's play GTAV' video... it looks exactly like the screens we've been receiving for the last several weeks, which I didn't actually believe we'd get - I took it all with a grain of salt.

Apologies for straying away from the original topic. Can't wait to get my hands on it, whether it be soon or after Christmas.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
i love sessler's review

the only thing that struck me as odd was the fact that he mentions early in the review(4:38 to be exact) that los santos may not be as large as other gta titles....i thought this was supposed to be the biggest game world ever made(with the exception of maybe just cause 2)

Last edited by wexsuvslim; 09-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.
wexsuvslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #37
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
I guess achievements don't really affect the gameplay but it should still be somewhat important. Nonetheless, I'm sure GTA V will live up to the hype it's been getting. I'll see tomorrow.
Why should it be important? Achievements don't make the game...

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #38
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Why should it be important? Achievements don't make the game...
I wish people would understand this.....

After reading this review I might go pre-order this game tonight.

Currently Watching: Workaholics Season 4
Currently Playing: Need for Speed Rivals XB1

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #39
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post

You do realize it comes out tomorrow and so physical retail locations won't be taking more pre-orders?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #40
Ham Woopan

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
You do realize it comes out tomorrow and so physical retail locations won't be taking more pre-orders?
I went to GameStop today to finish paying it off and I overhead one of the employee's mentioning that they're still taking pre-orders until either 2 or 3. If you haven't already you better start running!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #41
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Run Carmona, run! You have two hours!

Thanks to Xerofox for the alluringly arousing signature!

~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post

You still haven't pre-ordered this game?!

What was it like on Mars?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #43
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
I went to GameStop today to finish paying it off and I overhead one of the employee's mentioning that they're still taking pre-orders until either 2 or 3. If you haven't already you better start running!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Run Carmona, run! You have two hours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
You still haven't pre-ordered this game?!

What was it like on Mars?
FINE!! I'll be right back...

Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #44
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'm still literally star struck at how people are either not getting this game, without giving reasons, skipping it for now, or simply haven't even pre-ordered up until the 11th hour. This game is one of the biggest releases on the 360 and pretty much the big farewell to this generation. This game is the big bang, and still showing us what is possible even when the XB1 is around the corner.

I'm just in awe that people either haven't saved up money each month for this, because lets be fair. The game was announced way back in 2011, so it's not like you haven't had much time. Or the simply fact, people are JUST deciding to pre-order the game once reviews come out and it hits door steps in a matter of hours.

I believe if you know your stuff, and call yourself gamer, the moment this game was announced there should not of been a 2nd thought of - "Urgh... I'll wait and see". GTA has a vibrant, long and excellent history in the gaming industry, and I think to shrug this off and push it under the carpet like I've see around the web from people is just disappointing and a sad sight to see.

If you don't want it, fine. That's your choice. It'll be you in the long run that'll miss out on a moment so great and be stuck in the dark ages of money grabbing companies like Activision and their so called "revolutionary" games every year.

/SadAngryGamer

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 09-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #45
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm still literally star struck at how people are either not getting this game, without giving reasons, skipping it for now, or simply haven't even pre-ordered up until the 11th hour. This game is one of the biggest releases on the 360 and pretty much the big farewell to this generation. This game is the big bang, and still showing us what is possible even when the XB1 is around the corner.

I'm just in awe that people either haven't saved up money each month for this, because lets be fair. The game was announced way back in 2011, so it's not like you haven't had much time. Or the simply fact, people are JUST deciding to pre-order the game once reviews come out and it hits door steps in a matter of hours.

I believe if you know you stuff, and call your gamer, the moment this game was announced there should not of been a 2nd thought of - Urgh... I'll wait and see". GTA has a vibrant, long and excellent history in the gaming industry, and I think to shrug this off and push it under the carpet like I've see around the web from people is just disappointing and a sad sight to see.

If you don't want it, fine. That's your choice. It'll be you in the long run that'll miss out on a moment so great and be stuck in the dark ages of money grabbing companies like Activision and their so called "revolutionary" games every year.

/AngryGamer
So true.

But it's ok, those skipping out on the game are missing out on something they won't experience for years on Xbox One.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #46
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:

I believe if you know you stuff, and call your gamer, the moment this game was announced there should not of been a 2nd thought of - Urgh... I'll wait and see". GTA has a vibrant, long and excellent history in the gaming industry, and I think to shrug this off and push it under the carpet like I've see around the web from people is just disappointing and a sad sight to see.

/SadAngryGamer
+10 points for Nozza.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:

/SadAngryGamer
LOL, great thoughts. i remember someone on this site saying it looked 'meh' and everyone was raging at him. how could ANYONE think this looks 'meh'

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #48
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
LOL, great thoughts. i remember someone on this site saying it looked 'meh' and everyone was raging at him. how could ANYONE think this looks 'meh'
Some people love to purposely bash on popular things just so that they are in the minority and can be recognized against the masses who enjoy said "things."

Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #49
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Guys are rough
http://systemwarsmagazine.com/2013/0...ant-her-fired/

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #50
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Wow. HAHA

ill sign it aswell!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #51
Derpityderpdurp

DERPITYDERPDURP's Gamercard
F*ck escapist whoever they are I never heard of them til today and they wanna bash GTA 5 who Ever reviewed it for them deserves to be fired and living in a cardboard box
Derpityderpdurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #52
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's a women...

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
Spanish Assault

Quote:

I believe if you know your stuff, and call yourself gamer, the moment this game was announced there should not of been a 2nd thought of - "Urgh... I'll wait and see". GTA has a vibrant, long and excellent history in the gaming industry, and I think to shrug this off and push it under the carpet like I've see around the web from people is just disappointing and a sad sight to see.

/SadAngryGamer
A bit much....I hardly buy new games at release. I wait a couple of weeks and buy it on sale. However....

After reading the review I decieded to go pre-order this game. I called the Gamestop near my work (which I hate) to make sure they were still taking pre-orders and the guy who answered the phone was upset that I was bothering him and asking him to do his job by answering some simple questions. So I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered there. I get $10 in rewards money and the blimp. I also learned that when you pay for the full price on a pre-order at Best Buy you DO NOT pay sales tax. They system wont charge it and they don't ask for it at pick-up.

So there you go, I wasn't rebeling against greatness or hating on the game, I was just plain lazy.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #54
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's a women...
I think he was referring to the guys calling for her to be fired for her review.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #55
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
This is the second game (Bioshock Infinite) to get a 100 from xbox360a
Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #56
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
And gamers wonder why the general populace views then as a bunch of angry, socially inept idiots...
Lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #57
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino View Post
This is the second game (Bioshock Infinite) to get a 100 from xbox360a
Indeed, and they're both 2013 titles which makes you think what a year in gaming it is so far.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #58
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   10,000 posts   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:

/SadAngryGamer
Not everyone is a gamer. Some people just don't really care and do it as a passive hobby, don't stay up to date with release dates and/or mostly spend all their time in 1 franchise. I don't see the big deal. I just assumed that the person isn't a gamer or isn't in the mood for the genre of the game.

Quote:
That's a women...

I believe they are transgender. She's been making reviews for that site forever.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #59
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpityderpdurp View Post
F*ck escapist whoever they are I never heard of them til today and they wanna bash GTA 5 who Ever reviewed it for them deserves to be fired and living in a cardboard box
If you've never heard of the escapist until today then you are the one with the issue, not them.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #60
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
I've done last minute pre-orders on the Monday before a game releases a hundred times at Gamestop, never been turned down. Unless they exhaust their supply of extra copies, it's a non-issue. There was a guy in front of me in line a half hour ago when I went in to pay off my copy that was pre-ordering for tonight.