PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Drugs and Prostitutes In GTA V? No Way! (ESRB - M | ACB - R18+)

Minor spoilers. Will put info in spoiler tags.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Sounds like your typical GTA game.

Can't wait for one week after the games release. Journalists, with their wonderful work, will go on to discuss these certain things and try to blame violence on games like Grand Theft Auto.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...you-smoke-weed

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Reading this shows that the whole Saints Row IV editing makes no sense.

I'm wondering how many days it will be after release before some heinous crime is blamed on GTA V. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens on the release date. Either way, it only drives interest up and gets more people playing it, so it has the opposite effect to what they were hoping.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
What is it with Rockstar and putting cocks in games? Lol. I spit my tea everywhere when it happened in The Lost and the Damned!
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post

I'm wondering how many days it will be after release before some heinous crime is blamed on GTA V. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens on the release date. Either way, it only drives interest up and gets more people playing it, so it has the opposite effect to what they were hoping.
The only reasoning I could come up with is how drugs are portrayed in each respective game..

(It's a backwards system anyway, they should be able to have both uncensored)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
What is it with Rockstar and putting cocks in games? Lol. I spit my tea everywhere when it happened in The Lost and the Damned!
This is the only one I knew about.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 08-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
The only reasoning I could come up with is how drugs are portrayed in each respective game..

(It's a backwards system anyway, they should be able to have both uncensored)

This is the only one I knew about.

In GTA IV wasn't there dildos in garbage piles?
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post

I'm sure the Daily Mail already has the plates set and ink loaded Callum

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
In GTA IV wasn't there dildos in garbage piles?
Yep, there definitely was one in the last mission.

OT: Oooh, dismemberment.

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yep, more Rockstar trolling us! :P Say there's nudity in the game, and it's male (since the strippers aren't actually naked/topless).
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Yep, more Rockstar trolling us! :P Say there's nudity in the game, and it's male (since the strippers aren't actually naked/topless).
Actually..
Quote:
Nudity is present, however, primarily in two settings: a topless lap dance in a strip club and a location that includes male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context.

Which is excellent. Not because Im a pervert (tee-hee) but when your dealing with a world as gritty as GTA, where you can cut a guys fucking head off and nobody blinks an eye; nudity shouldn't be a big deal.

So yeah, drugs, sex, violence. This is an game with adult themes, lets cut out this unnecessary censorship. Put on your big boy pants and lets go!
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dismemberment? I wonder if it can be caused, non-scripted, with explosions or RPG's.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayR2012 View Post
So yeah, drugs, sex, violence. This is an game with adult themes, lets cut out this unnecessary censorship. Put on your big boy pants and lets go!
Did you mean take off your big boy pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Dismemberment? I wonder if it can be caused, non-scripted, with explosions or RPG's.
I doubt it, it'll probably be some grisly cutscenes.

If I had these sorts of skills, I'd work for the CIA. Easily.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #12
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Actually.
So? I'm not exactly seeing how that description's any different than that of the "topless" women that are in the strip clubs in IV. Guess we'll see in a month, but until then, the only nudity in the game is male.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Which is excellent. Not because Im a pervert (tee-hee) but when your dealing with a world as gritty as GTA, where you can cut a guys fucking head off and nobody blinks an eye; nudity shouldn't be a big deal.

Agreed! Nudity shouldn't be a big deal in a game like GTA. I wonder how many parents will see it not realizing what game they just bought their kids, and how many kids will scream of joy because of it. What am I say, parents don't pay attention anymore these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Probably not because it says...

Quote:
"Blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and the game contains rare depictions of dismemberment."
...so, I'm guessing it doesn't happen that often or caused by the player itself. I'm guessing it only happens in cut-scenes and I'm guessing it only happens with Trevor. Sad part is, I was hoping the chainsaw would make a return and you could tear anyone apart, but I'm guessing it's not in the game.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Agreed! Nudity shouldn't be a big deal in a game like GTA. I wonder how many parents will see it not realizing what game they just bought their kids, and how many kids will scream of joy because of it. What am I say, parents don't pay attention anymore these days.

Exactly,i dont see how parents complain about GTA games,yet they go out and buy their 12 year old an M rated game the next week?
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Sweet, now I can finally do what I do in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
Exactly,i dont see how parents complain about GTA games,yet they go out and buy their 12 year old an M rated game the next week?

cause most parents are hippocrites. its ok if lil johnny or suzie plays call of duty or battlefield when in those games its all about killing other guys and theres some bad words here and there. those are m rated games.

but oh no if theres even one scene were a virtual woman pulls her top off then its all about hell raising.

its amzing how so many parents these days have such boring lifes that they have to protest about how bad games are on kids. how about a smarter alternative dont buy the game for your kid and if you dont like the tv shows they watch block the channel. just dont make a dumb protest group about it. lol.

i played vice city at 8 and saandreas at 11 it had no negative effects on me.

people like jack thompson get a life.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 08-25-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
That why i play the columbine rpg.... to soon? But seriously i want more bad language explosions and violence than aliens or u dont care about gta 5.
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth nerdius View Post
That why i play the columbine rpg.... to soon? But seriously i want more bad language explosions and violence than aliens or u dont care about gta 5.
Did you know that what you just said makes barely any sense?

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #19
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth nerdius View Post
That why i play the columbine rpg.... to soon? But seriously i want more bad language explosions a

and violence than aliens or u dont care about gta 5.

lol thats right did you know bully when it was first announced jack thompson said it would be a columbine simulator were you killed other teenagers recreating the terrible 1999 school shooting.

this was before any gameplay,screen shots were taken. the game came close to being banned.

im surprised R star didnt sue jack for false claims that would have cost them money.

it will take time but in the end games will be recognized as art just as movies and books were both hated at one time and called evil.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
it will take time but in the end games will be recognized as art just as movies and books were both hated at one time and called evil.
Books and movies are still hated and called evil -.-

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
TheEleventhDoctor

xDeathFMx's Gamercard
Realism is needed in games

Personally I've always believed GTA to be a rather dramatic crime life simulator, and shows the masses out there just what it's like to be a criminal. Sure it has sexual moments, brutal moments, and very violent moments, but so does real life.

People and critics who judge Grand Theft Auto are blind tot hat fact that GTA is in itself a very realistic game more than they think, and is partially educating the nation on what NOT to do in real life.

Can't wait for GTA V
TheEleventhDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEleventhDoctor View Post
Personally I've always believed GTA to be a rather dramatic crime life simulator, and shows the masses out there just what it's like to be a criminal. Sure it has sexual moments, brutal moments, and very violent moments, but so does real life.

People and critics who judge Grand Theft Auto are blind tot hat fact that GTA is in itself a very realistic game more than they think, and is partially educating the nation on what NOT to do in real life.

Can't wait for GTA V

Mate please don't ever go to a gang infested neighbor hood and goodness stay away from Harlem,bad parts of Chicago,and the worst of em all Compton. Lol

GTA is nothing like real gang life.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Mate please don't ever go to a gang infested neighbor hood and goodness stay away from Harlem,bad parts of Chicago,and the worst of em all Compton. Lol

GTA is nothing like real gang life.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #24
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEleventhDoctor View Post

Can't wait for GTA V
Back when they were DMA, Rockstar have always said that the GTA series is a satirical view of American culture and stereotypes. There is always going to be some truth in satire but it's never meant to portray a realistic insight into certain American communities.

Even in the GTA5 gameplay trailer at about 0:21 the narrator says GTA 5 is a satirical reimagining.

The problem is too many uniformed people assume like you do that this is a realistic take on the criminal underworld hence the outcry. Having said that, this game certainly isn't for children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #25
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Speaking of parenting...

'GTA 4' Death: 8-Year-Old Boy Kills Grandmother After Playing 'Grand Theft Auto 4', Cops Blame Game

http://www.ibtimes.com/gta-4-death-8...ops-blame-game

Let's not jump to conclusion tho. When I was watching the story today on CNN, Dr. Drew stated things like this usually happen when there's a problem at the home, but if the person is normal and knows right from wrong then video games do not cause these things to happen.

Before it was comic books that were blamed for the violence, now movies and more so video games. I think there was obviously something wrong at the home for the 8 year old.. to do what he did and of course the cops will put the blame on the game. The game itself tho does not motivate people to go out and want to cause violence, that's just plain stupid. If you do things like that, you're not right in the head, plain and simple.

Quote:
"By accounts of relatives of the victim, as well as friends of the family, the victim and the juvenile had a normal, loving, relationship and even shared the same bedroom," the sheriff's department said.
Notice it says normal? So what else could it be... oh I don't know, maybe the fact that an 8 year old shouldn't be playing a game like GTA. As I stated above in another post, where are the parents let alone now the supervision. Does no one pay attention to what kids are doing anymore these days? "Mom can I have this?" ... "Sure" (continues to text).

I know GTA is the most controversial game... ever, but the cops fail to wonder why and how an 8 year old got hold of a game like that. An 8 year old should have a DS or a Wii, not a game like GTA. Why a kid also had reach to a loaded gun.. I won't even get into. Parenting these days.. pfft.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
Crimson Ridley

Playstation III? It's Playstation 3, idiots. The parents are to blame, as is the child himself.

Allowing the child access to a gun is where the problem lies. I don't care that he was playing an 18 rated game, because so was I at that age and younger. He could have been playing anything, and still shot her.

What can you buy children from shops? Pretend guns, swords, bows, knives, etc. If videogames are really to blame, why do we sit and watch our children run around shooting and stabbing their friends for fun with these pretend weapons?

Videogames are pretend too, so if you must blame one, you have to blame the other.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #27
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post

I giggled.

I remember when Saandreas came out a 19 year old male stole a car and when cops asked him why he did it he looked around for a minute and blurted out ''GTA made me do it,it looked so cool in the game''.

People believed it. Jack Thompson looked like he won the lottery.

People blamed Manhunt for crime.

Guys if someone believe someone commited a crime because of a game then they need to wake up. It had nothing to do with the game the person was an idiot that got caught and like a kid with his hand in a cookie jar he had to blame somthing.

Viedio games are easy to blame these days,they are ''interactive entertainment''.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I know GTA is the most controversial game... ever, but the cops fail to wonder why and how an 8 year old got hold of a game like that. An 8 year old should have a DS or a Wii, not a game like GTA. Why a kid also had reach to a loaded gun.. I won't even get into. Parenting these days.. pfft.
I had GTA at age 8, I haven't killed anyone
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhound64 View Post
I suppose that's a good thing...

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #30
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhound64 View Post
Me too. Vice City was the first GTA game I ever played. I was 8,now I'm 20. I have never hurt someone because of a game. Some people do have mental illnesses. But R*,nor any other game company is responsable for babysitting kids. It is the parents job. Welcome to the World of the 21st century. :0