PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #271
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
That's the thing! It ISN'T going away. I am currently on top of a roof where the cops can't see me and have been for the past 5 or so minutes. Still got flashing fucking stars.

Maybe I am doing the mission wrong. Am I supposed to drive the golfcart away? Or am I supposed to take the club off the back? If I am supposed to take the club, how do I do that? I didn't get a button prompt.
It seems like it will go away when it wants to, and there's no certain way to get your wanted level to disappear.

What I did for that mission was: Enter the golf range, shoot the three security guards, shoot out the tire on the celebrity's car as he was driving away, walk up to the clubs on the back of his car (automatically picked them up), shot the celebrity, then got back in a random golfcart and sped outta there. After 2 minutes of driving away, I found a nice alley way to hide in somewhere in western Los Santos.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #272
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
It seems like it will go away when it wants to, and there's no certain way to get your wanted level to disappear.

What I did for that mission was: Enter the golf range, shoot the three security guards, shoot out the tire on the celebrity's car as he was driving away, walk up to the clubs on the back of his car (automatically picked them up), shot the celebrity, then got back in a random golfcart and sped outta there. After 2 minutes of driving away, I found a nice alley way to hide in somewhere in western Los Santos.
That must be my problem. I left the clubs on the back of the golfcart. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #273
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
That must be my problem. I left the clubs on the back of the golfcart. Thanks!
Silly mistake No problem.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #274
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Silly mistake No problem.
Still stupid I can't escape the cops because I didn't pick up the fucking club.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #275
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was doing an arms race... you know where you have to fly for a really long time, press A and repeat... well I was about to land and I guess came in too hard and lost a single wheel. MISSION FAILED HAVE FUN WASTING 7 MORE MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE. :c

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 09-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #276
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Still stupid I can't escape the cops because I didn't pick up the fucking club.
You're having an off day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I was doing an arms race... you know where you have to fly for a really long time, press A and repeat... well I was about to land and I guess came in too hard and lost a single wheel. MISSION FAILED HAVE FUN WASTING 7 MORE MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE. :c
Piloting a plane sucks

Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #277
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only thing I have to complain about is I have to work 32 hours this weekend and am having withdrawals!
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #278
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

11 missions from the end and really have no idea what the main story is, it's kinda all over the place. GTA4 was similar, but there was still a more structured central storyline.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #279
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
So I acquired a Lost MC van that I wanted to keep. After a lengthy shootout I drove it way across the map with two flat tires to various locations, it was a chore.

-Take it to Los Santos Customs just to repair it. Nope, can't do that with this vehicle.

-Take it to a car wash. Nope, vehicle is too damaged.

-Take it to the garage on Grove. Nope, that vehicle can't be stored here.

-Pull up to the strip club for a great photo opportunity. Nope, Social Club is down (again).

Fuck it, I guess I'll walk.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #280
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

This isn't much of a bitch since I don't consider it to be much of a problem, but I'm still seeing millions of the car I'm in as with previous games. When the game was leaked before release everyone was saying it doesn't happen. There were even front page reddit posts a couple days ago mentioning how awesome it is that you don't see the same car... I just drove past like 30 copies of my car. Now I'm on a bridge and every car for the last 10 or so is the same, but a different colour. ... Oh god, it's never ending! I need to find a Tornado!

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #281
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

Send a message via AIM to XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

xCursiNxMayheMx's Gamercard
I absolutely fucking hate! hate! flying, it is such shit, flying a helicopter is shit, flying a plane is not that great either. The chopper wobbles like crazy when you're trying to fly it and the speed is barely controllable when you're trying to pinpoint a drop location if you're carrying something. Another gripe I have is with sky diving, I don't like it, you can troll me and say oh it's because I'm not good at it or I'm not good at flying but I don't care, no matter how much I vent about it I still hate flying!
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #282
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I guess the game has to kill you every now and again because it gets bored or something.

I was just off the coast floating on a jetski. I had set the controller down because I was looking at the collectibles map on the Social Club. I glance back over at the TV just in time to see it give me a 4-fucking-star notoriety level.

Needless to say, it took forever to get out of the water with 3 helipcopters following me and no matter what car I stole or where I hid, they found me. As soon as a S.W.A.T. guy got line of sight, I was dead in one round to the head.

I literally had not done anything to get the rating in the first place.

And before I could post this, this is literally the next thing that happened to me after the above death:

I was just standing next to a Louis Farrakhan-looking guy and listening to what he was spouting.

Next thing I know, another onlooker (a white guy) came over and socked me. His friends pulled out their guns and I was surrounded.

Managed to still kill them but picked up a 2-star notoriety level. Another fucking chase with the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
-Pull up to the strip club for a great photo opportunity. Nope, Social Club is down (again).
No shit.

I got stuck failing a Paparazzo mission because I had to take pictures and the game couldn't access the gallery.

Also, I climbed to the very top of a very, very tall crane in the middle of the city for a collectible and I took a pic of the city from that great height, and the game froze when it couldn't access the gallery.

A reload put me back in Michael's house.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #283
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX View Post
I absolutely fucking hate! hate! flying, it is such shit, flying a helicopter is shit, flying a plane is not that great either. The chopper wobbles like crazy when you're trying to fly it and the speed is barely controllable when you're trying to pinpoint a drop location if you're carrying something. Another gripe I have is with sky diving, I don't like it, you can troll me and say oh it's because I'm not good at it or I'm not good at flying but I don't care, no matter how much I vent about it I still hate flying!
Flying is tough, but you get used to it. I've never flown before but I would imagine you have to do minor adjustments while you are flying. That seems to be the trick here....also try not to fly a small plane like a fighter jet.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #284
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Social club is actually working for people? It's been down the whole time for me. :/ Camera is useless.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #285
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Social club is actually working for people? It's been down the whole time for me. :/ Camera is useless.
It only loads half the page for me and then stops

Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #286
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Social Club SOMETIMES works for me. I've had BAWSAQ load a few times, and I've managed to take and save four pictures so far. Other than that, nothing.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #287
REHJR1974

REHJR1974's Gamercard
Rockstar might have its first ever patch for gta 5. for the flying. flying the choppers sure isnt the same as gta 4. this (gta 5 vs gta4) buzzard is the same as in 4 but acts far differently. yes i have seen other posts here about the flying and am only agreeing with them . hope they patch this. also with the police what are they on with the ramming your car over and over on a 1 star wanted level?? its 1 star. why so damn vigilant?? (not that police shouldnt be) but i witnessed a shootout 1 cop car at sandy shores . i was michael at the time, and the 2 cops chasing this methed out hillbilly on a 4wheeler. they rammed him off it and he gunned down the passenger cop and the driver gunned him down. ok i see the cop driving away and a few seconds later i think cool a free 4 wheeler. i hop on and i hear brakes and a siren??? WTF??? here comes that same cop after me???!!! what did i do?? gta?(6 min chase. i lived ) lol next time i will wait until he/they are all the way gone to swipe the left behind vehicle. other then that great game Rockstar. enjoy my money..

Last edited by REHJR1974; 09-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.
REHJR1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #288
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Every time I visit Social Club it just tells me the user "xhunterrrr" doesn't exist. D:
Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #289
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Same here, and in-game it's down for me as well.
Quote:
Every time I visit Social Club it just tells me the user "xhunterrrr" doesn't exist. D:
Time to update dat tag lol.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #290
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Same here, and in-game it's down for me as well.

Time to update dat tag lol.
My tag is fine. It is telling me the account doesn't exist despite the fact that I was using it just fine yesterday. -.-
Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #291
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
My tag is fine. It is telling me the account doesn't exist despite the fact that I was using it just fine yesterday. -.-
Yeah, well that's a bitch. I thought Social club was smooth at all times. Let down.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #292
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Wandering through the desert doing the worst achievement I have ever attempted in a video game. Fucking Kifflom! EATEN BY A MOTHER FUCKING ANIMAL. FUCK THAT. FUCK FUCK UFCKU FUCKFU FUCCKFUCK FUCK TUFCK.

Kifflom! is the dumbest fucking achievement. Fuck this.

First time smashing my new controller on my desk. Actually kind of impressive it took this long.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #293
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Wandering through the desert doing the worst achievement I have ever attempted in a video game. Fucking Kifflom! EATEN BY A MOTHER FUCKING ANIMAL. FUCK THAT. FUCK FUCK UFCKU FUCKFU FUCCKFUCK FUCK TUFCK.

LOL! Sorry about your luck, but that made me laugh. I am almost done with my five miles. I am just running in a circle right next to the road where the quest started and haven't had any problems with animals.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #294
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:

First time smashing my new controller on my desk. Actually kind of impressive it took this long.
So what you're saying is is that you enjoy what you're doing right now?

The most monotonous bullshit was that running through the desert bullshit. That and having to sleep 40 times straight just to pass ten days in those stupid fucking robes.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #295
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
LOL! Sorry about your luck, but that made me laugh. I am almost done with my five miles. I am just running in a circle right next to the road where the quest started and haven't had any problems with animals.
God daaaaaaym, I had to take a taxi home to get the robes back and it abandoned the mission so I have to change clothes, go back and START OVER.

:'c

I wonder how many episodes of It's Always Sunny I can get through. So far 1.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #296
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
God daaaaaaym, I had to take a taxi home to get the robes back and it abandoned the mission so I have to change clothes, go back and START OVER.

:'c

I wonder how many episodes of It's Always Sunny I can get through. So far 1.
I don't know if it is possible for you, but having unlimited stamina plus a turbo controller is making this really easy and hands off.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #297
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't know if it is possible for you, but having unlimited stamina plus a turbo controller is making this really easy and hands off.
I have unlimited stamina, but just a regular ol' controller. I don't really mind having to hold the controller and push forward the whole time, but I'm scared that I'll randomly get eaten and have to start over again.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #298
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
No shit.

I got stuck failing a Paparazzo mission because I had to take pictures and the game couldn't access the gallery.

Also, I climbed to the very top of a very, very tall crane in the middle of the city for a collectible and I took a pic of the city from that great height, and the game froze when it couldn't access the gallery.

A reload put me back in Michael's house.
That really sucks, someone else mentioned the same thing in this thread the other day. That's really not acceptable.

So you're doing collectibles huh? Before release I said I wouldn't bother but I'm enjoying the game so much I think I'm going to do them just for a tour of the map. I'm sure they'll take me to places I wouldn't otherwise see considering I've only found one spaceship part and nothing else on my own.

Quote:
It's worked everyday except for part of release day for me. I'm playing on PS3 but that shouldn't matter. I'm not a fan of the apps games like to push on us now but the Social Club has always been one of the better ones, it's a shame it's so hit or miss right now.

Quote:
Maybe you're a ghost Hunter. Bet you didn't see that twist coming.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-21-2013 at 09:33 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #299
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Oh hi, me again.

Stepped slightly out of the boundaries of the epsilon place again and INSTANTLY set back to FUCKING ZERO.

FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR EAT SHIT

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #300
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

I just got fucking eaten again.

I'm fucking done.

FUCK

see you Oct. 1

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 09-21-2013 at 09:41 PM.