PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #391
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Franklin is a lazy bitch, everytime I switch to him he's at home doing nothing.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #392
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
He was doing pushups when I switched to him. Lazy people don't do pushups.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #393
keymanu1

keymanu1's Gamercard
I haven't ever used the bitching thread for any game, but the Kifflom missions are absolutely tedious. Rockstar definitely thought "what's the most boring thing to do in a game?" made a list, and avoided them entirely in the story; but as a laugh once the game was 99% complete they thought, "hey, let's stick all these into a side mission, just for (our) fun!"

I write as Michael is walking around in circles for 5 miles chanting kifflom, while my controller is tied up.

Praise Kifflom!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #394
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Stag Do Running Man was a funny random encounter.

Shame there wasn't an actual Side Mission around that.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #395
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
My only very meagre complaint so far is the street races are still cack, been the same since 3

Oh yeah and the cursor is toilet, just one bloody pixel!!

Last edited by Marketman316; 09-23-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Marketman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #396
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
LOL. Switching to Trevor is the best, he's ALWAYS in his fucking whities chasing girls out of a strip club or drunk on a roof without ladders..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #397
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
LOL. Switching to Trevor is the best, he's ALWAYS in his fucking whities chasing girls out of a strip club or drunk on a roof without ladders..
I've had him cuddling with a guy in pink (can't remember his name) in bed, or drunk on train tracks as the train is barreling towards him. Hilarious.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #398
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I've had him cuddling with a guy in pink (can't remember his name) in bed, or drunk on train tracks as the train is barreling towards him. Hilarious.
Lol I haven't seen the train tracks one yet but I know about the guy in pink. I think he's Wade's cousin in his own apartment that Trevor took over lmao.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #399
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'm only about a third of the way into the game but so far I'm really impressed. I've spent hours just driving around checking out the world but the one thing I've noticed is there are often times when the world feels empty.

There's plenty of detail in the world and no two areas feel the same but there are often times when I'm driving around and there is no one else in sight apart from a few cars passing by. That was one of the tings I liked about GTA IV. No matter where you went, there were always people doing something. Yet I've walked through places like Sandy Shores and it feels like a ghost town.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #400
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketman316 View Post
My only very meagre complaint so far is the street races are still cack, been the same since 3

Oh yeah and the cursor is toilet, just one bloody pixel!!
Change your weapon targeting to Complex in the Settings. Makes it much easier to see.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #401
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I'm only about a third of the way into the game but so far I'm really impressed. I've spent hours just driving around checking out the world but the one thing I've noticed is there are often times when the world feels empty.

There's plenty of detail in the world and no two areas feel the same but there are often times when I'm driving around and there is no one else in sight apart from a few cars passing by. That was one of the tings I liked about GTA IV. No matter where you went, there were always people doing something. Yet I've walked through places like Sandy Shores and it feels like a ghost town.
I agree with this. The world is definitely populated, but not as infested with pedestrians as one would think given the size of the world Guess they had to sacrifice random AI for environmental detail?

Old 09-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #402
skiscaraudio

BADGUYSKI's Gamercard
freezing due to heat from play disc spinning

Are they going to fix not being able to load the play disc?
My xbox is freezing after a good 2 hours with that damn disc spinnin...way to hot! keeps on loading story mode....forever

I was up late last night partying until 6 in the morning, naked and with complete strangers. That was one hell of an Xbox live party.

OIIIIIIIO
skiscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #403
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiscaraudio View Post
My xbox is freezing after a good 2 hours with that damn disc spinnin...way to hot! keeps on loading story mode....forever
This isn't a problem, so there won't be a fix. It was an intentional design.

Install the other disc to a USB flash drive.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #404
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiscaraudio View Post
I installed both discs and haven't experienced any problems.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #405
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

my bitch is on some people i know who complained that the story is short and they beat in two days. ive been playing the game ALOT since monday night and im only now getting to the end of the story. its not R*'s fault that you wanted to rush through the game and only do the missions. you want to see a short story look at the call of dutys i beat MW2 in 4 1/2 hours, if your goal is to be lame and do it in 1-2 sessions you can only blame yourself.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #406
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
my bitch is on some people i know who complained that the story is short and they beat in two days. ive been playing the game ALOT since monday night and im only now getting to the end of the story. its not R*'s fault that you wanted to rush through the game and only do the missions. you want to see a short story look at the call of dutys i beat MW2 in 4 1/2 hours, if your goal is to be lame and do it in 1-2 sessions you can only blame yourself.
Agreed.

It bothered my that people were - and still are - complaining about the length of the game. I've already stated it 4 times since Tuesday, but there's 40+ Side Missions, 40+ Hobbies/Pastimes, and 40+ Random Encounters. Who the hell cares if the main storyline isn't 60+ hours long, there's SO MUCH to experience and do in the game.

Plus, A LOT of people who played the game within the first week did nothing but that - play the game. So obviously they're going to blow through the storyline.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #407
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
So I just wasted three hours doing the spaceship parts. Reward, so far, is not worth it.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #408
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

There's more than 40 hours to put into this game if you go for all the achievements. Completing it 100%, completing the game, getting 70 gold medals, doing all the other achievements, collectibles, etc. shall net you lots and lots of play time, and you haven't even touched the Online yet. I don't see why people want to take a game like this and fly through it. Where's the fun?
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #409
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

Send a message via AIM to XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

xCursiNxMayheMx's Gamercard
Something that really pisses me off is when on a mission one of the challenges is "Not A Scratch", easy enough challenge right? That is what I assumed but NO, if the AI hits anything before you acquire the vehicle from them it voids the challenge. (Spoiler?) Oh steal a firetruck huh? call em up and they slam into street signs, well fuck me looks like I have to retry AGAIN! I'm really tired of this crap.
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #410
Quid Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
So I just wasted three hours doing the spaceship parts. Reward, so far, is not worth it.
it has a funny horn though
Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #411
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
it has a funny horn though
I was makin' mad beatz with that horn yo, for real homie you feel me

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #412
Quid Squid

Anyone "feel" that the map seems smaller than 4 or RDR? The city seems so much more compact and the large map area they are touting is just a lot of mountain area you don't want to run through because you already did 5 miles in the desert.

4 had separate islands that felt different, but still felt large. This the city is condensed into an area that doesn't have a noticeable change (parts of LA are like that though). They did a great job with the look and feel of LA (where I live), so it was great seeing many landscapes, but he map just didn't feel as large as they were saying it would be.

Now, since I am in LA it was extremely gratifying to be able to pull people out of cars and beat them up, kick cars as I walk next to them, and just crash into cars/people. People can't drive for shit. The busses were very authentic too...they just pull out in front of you or run you off the road without a care. God, I hate the public transit system here and I don't even use it.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #413
saygoodbyebrook

saygoodbyebrook's Gamercard
1.cant crouch unless on cover.
2 cannot switch over the shoulder view from right to left shoulder
3. Cannot influence stock markets, no matter how many planes i destroy.
4. I cannot shoot up a strip club
5 police chases are horrifically long no matter if hiding or not.
6 i wish everyone had their one fighting style to make each more unique
A Micheal- technical and crafty style. boxing or maybe tae kwondo. something that he learns as a kid and has refined.
B Franklin - Young, strong and aggressive. Brawler, maybe slams. drop kicks
C trevor- random and vicious . Headbutts eye gouging biting. ball kicking etc.

Still i love this game, even more then red dead.
saygoodbyebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #414
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Change your weapon targeting to Complex in the Settings. Makes it much easier to see.
Cheers, will do. Trying to headshot pilots from range will be easier now
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #415
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'd like to see if anyone is having this problem I'm having in the game.

I have a brand new controller and it works fine. However, I very frequently have to swing the camera because it starts moving on its own. It seems to happen if I move the camera right before I start running or driving. I think it tries to adjust itself, but because I've moved it it can no longer find the centre of the screen.

This is a problem that normally means the analogue stick is a bit broken, but I can't replicate it in other games and it doesn't happen if I'm stood still.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #416
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
-KIFFLOM- nerds...

...enough said!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #417
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
-KIFFLOM- nerds...

...enough said!
Man you Nigga ass need to stop bitchin! Those people have the rights to Kifflom eachotha!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #418
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Man you Nigga ass need to stop bitchin! Those people have the rights to Kifflom eachotha!
Told you this is my second home right here haha. Alright I say you this, as soon as they implement any gambling feature into this game I will stop my bitching to 50% hahaha. We cool!?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #419
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Told you this is my second home right here haha. Alright I say you this, as soon as they implement any gambling feature into this game I will stop my bitching to 50% hahaha. We cool!?
Nah man! My homie can bitch whatever he wants man! You cool! I was just joking dog! Its kinda funny even, shit. -_~
Old 09-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #420
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

You have to be a Gold member to "save" photos.