PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #1141
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo666 View Post
what? could you go into passive mode when you got a bounty on your head? lol easy achievement then. "Survive a day with a bounty on your head"
Or just run into the desert and hide in a barn, works.

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming

50,000G in Racing games - 28/03/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #1142
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm really quite pissed off at this broken online mode. If NASA worked for 5 years to create something, launched it, and the thing didn't fucking work, people would lose their jobs.

They knew what they were releasing, I'm sure they knew how big of a hit it was going to be, and they had 5 years to toy with it, for fuck's sake. I don't appreciate being Rockstar's free beta tester. This is something that should have been addressed before releasing a largely broken product.

Rockstar can make one hell of a single player experience, but boy, do they have a lot to learn about online gaming. I expect better from a company that just made 1 billion over 3 days of sales. There are simply no excuses.

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #1143
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
I'm really quite pissed off at this broken online mode. If NASA worked for 5 years to create something, launched it, and the thing didn't fucking work, people would lose their jobs.

They knew what they were releasing, I'm sure they knew how big of a hit it was going to be, and they had 5 years to toy with it, for fuck's sake. I don't appreciate being Rockstar's free beta tester. This is something that should have been addressed before releasing a largely broken product.

Rockstar can make one hell of a single player experience, but boy, do they have a lot to learn about online gaming. I expect better from a company that just made 1 billion over 3 days of sales. There are simply no excuses.
SURPRISE! NASA has launched things that don't work.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviat...probe-failures
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #1144
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
Is anyone else annoyed that people can go to passive mode when they have a bounty on them?
Could this be an easy way to get the achievement for having a bounty for a day?
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #1145
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
Could this be an easy way to get the achievement for having a bounty for a day?
Just have someone join your private mode, have them call and put a bounty on your head, and voila. Doesn't get much easier than that.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #1146
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Just have someone join your private mode, have them call and put a bounty on your head, and voila. Doesn't get much easier than that.
And you can both get it at once!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
~ HARLEY IS LOVE, HARLEY IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #1147
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
SURPRISE! NASA has launched things that don't work.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviat...probe-failures
No shit? My point I was trying to make is, when a company like NASA launches something and it goes pear-shaped, people get fired. Rockstar are barely responding to our concerns.

If I wanted to pay $60 (not to mention the extra money I shelled out to renew my Xbox Live subscription for the sole reason of playing this game online) for Rockstar to bust a load on my face and then sit with their thumbs up their arses, I would have.

When I buy a game, I expect it to work. Plain and simple. They're taking the piss. I'm not even going to touch on the multitude of issues I experienced in the single-player.. now, I understand glitches and hiccups in the first few days of an online launch, but the first tutorial mission is literally broken for a large percentage of players. THE FIRST MISSION! Was this shit even beta tested before it was launched? Ridiculous.

Battlefield 4's beta just launched, with things running smoothly for up to 64 players, with incredible graphics, on launch day. I have no sympathy for a company that releases a broken product and then shrugs their shoulders, saying "We're sorry, we're working on it". I just feel like a fool for paying them, at this point.

This is a throwback to Max Payne 3's buggy and almost-broken multiplayer that never got fixed. They're laughing all the way to the bank, and the people that keep defending them are part of the problem. Collectively, as gamers, we need to let companies like Rockstar know that we will not tolerate this shit!

/rant over

Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #1148
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
I thought this online was working perfectly until it sort of crashed on me and when I restarted it I lost $10000. It's totally playable for me now but Imma wait a little bit longer. I don't like my money being fucked with -___-

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #1149
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Was this shit even beta tested before it was launched?
As Walter White pointed out to someone earlier:

"You are the beta test, my friend."
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #1150
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Starting to think I should do it last.
You can do the stunt jumps online too, imagine if you need to do all 50 again to get "Enjoy your stay"
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #1151
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
You can do the stunt jumps online too, imagine if you need to do all 50 again to get "Enjoy your stay"
Don't you dare even jinx it!!!

I hope that's just like completing all the sports and races or something. For 20, I imagine it can't be that complicated!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #1152
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I looked in the 'Unlocks' section Online for the Stats, and there are so...many...things...to do. They all have a 'Yes' or 'No' next to them, and some of them haven't even counted for things I've definitely done. One of them involves modding a car through the real life iFruit app and then seeing the car in game. I won't be getting the achievement.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #1153
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I looked in the 'Unlocks' section Online for the Stats, and there are so...many...things...to do. They all have a 'Yes' or 'No' next to them, and some of them haven't even counted for things I've definitely done. One of them involves modding a car through the real life iFruit app and then seeing the car in game. I won't be getting the achievement.
That's impossible. A company wouldn't do that!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #1154
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah I saw that, if thats required for the achievement then FUCK R*.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #1155
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I wouldn't be surprised. With a 'yes/no' option for everything else (cinemas, tennis, even stealing the huge airplane, filling it with friends, and then flying it counts), I can only assume that counts, too. I'll take a big pass on it. I don't even see me getting to rank 50.

Also, just a heads up, 'Gang Activities' unlock at rank 18. It appears you have to be at least rank 20 to unlock all the game modes required for winning all competitive MP modes, but that bit may be wrong.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #1156
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
As Walter White pointed out to someone earlier:

"You are the beta test, my friend."
Yeah, I've realized that. Not too happy about it. It's a shame really, but what else can you expect when it comes to R* and online gaming? I should have known the online was gonna be shite from the get go. It's Rockstar, after all.

At least I can look at it with a sense of humor (somewhat). a lot of my friends are less understanding, and R* have lost customers in them.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #1157
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised. With a 'yes/no' option for everything else (cinemas, tennis, even stealing the huge airplane, filling it with friends, and then flying it counts), I can only assume that counts, too. I'll take a big pass on it. I don't even see me getting to rank 50.

Also, just a heads up, 'Gang Activities' unlock at rank 18. It appears you have to be at least rank 20 to unlock all the game modes required for winning all competitive MP modes, but that bit may be wrong.
Shit, maybe they plan to release the app for all smart phones, but even still...that'd fuck over people who don't own them. Hopefully we find out what's needed for that. This Online stuff is TOO CONFUSING.

But I completed the Stunt Jumps so yay Now time to see if the Online will fucking work.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #1158
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
One of them involves modding a car through the real life iFruit app and then seeing the car in game. I won't be getting the achievement.
R*, are you drinking your own Kool-Aid?

Just because you gave every NPC in the game a fucking smart phone doesn't mean everyone in real life actually has or wants one.

Oh, well, I guess I won't be getting that achievement either...

Actually, I won't get any of them unless and until it finally lets me pass through Blurry City.

Quote:
a lot of my friends are less understanding, and R* have lost customers in them.
Part of me thinks this might've been part of the plan. Don't bother trying to smooth out the launch with additional servers and such, just let some people get so fed up that they fuck right off.

Traffic will stabilize in no time.

I adored Red Dead Multiplayer until they put it to pasture and allowed the cheats to run the show with impunity.

Last edited by Jack Frost; 10-02-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #1159
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:

Just because you gave every NPC in the game a fucking smart phone doesn't mean everyone in real life actually has or wants one.

Actually, I won't get any of them unless and until it finally lets me pass through Blurry City.
Me neither

Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #1160
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:

What achievement is this you are talking about?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #1161
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
well thats an achievement ill never get considering I refuse to buy any iCrap...

hell even if the app goes to windows/android phones i still cant get it as I dont own a smartphone lol (i know shocking right? )
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #1162
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Smartphones suck the life right out of you. I'm goddamn ashamed for even owning one.

I really don't see me sinking much time into this Online. Even when you get in, the missions become monotonous real quick, it takes way too long to earn money or even rank up, and it's all just boring in the end. I think I'll hit rank 25, get a few other achievements that I can get, and stop. It's even bullshit that for 'Mugger,' you have to hit rank 50. If you ranked up a lot faster in this game, it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #1163
BiggD
In CD RED We Trust!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Smartphones suck the life right out of you. I'm goddamn ashamed for even owning one.

I really don't see me sinking much time into this Online. Even when you get in, the missions become monotonous real quick, it takes way too long to earn money or even rank up, and it's all just boring in the end. I think I'll hit rank 25, get a few other achievements that I can get, and stop. It's even bullshit that for 'Mugger,' you have to hit rank 50. If you ranked up a lot faster in this game, it wouldn't be a problem.
Mugger? You mean "Full Refund"?

Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #1164
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Mugger? You mean "Full Refund"?
just sayin the lvl 50 achieve is "making moves"

Full refund is kill a thief that mugged you
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #1165
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

That's what I meant, killing the thief.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #1166
ll BRUTAL ll

I tried to get online for the first time today after completing the campaign and I'm stuck on a "Launching session" screen spinning at the bottom right of my screen. I rebooted and I still get stuck on the same screen. As I type this I've been watching the spinning for about 10 minutes now. So yeah, this is my little complaint.
ll BRUTAL ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #1167
jdawg529

Jdawg529's Gamercard
Since this is the bitching thread I think the online's hospitable bills are kinda outrageous.
jdawg529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #1168
Dante XBA
Let Hate Prevail

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante XBA

Dante XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Being a tennis player, I thought tennis in GTA V was the best side game ever.

I was wrong.

In the online portion, tennis is so fucked up I'm losing to people I KNOW don't actually play the sport or aren't good at it. Apparently there is still lag in a simple game with 2 players and one ball, and it totally fucks up your play as to make you stand there, helpless, as the ball easily goes by you and you look like a dumbass - lag says the ball will still go in realtime but won't actually show where it's fucking going (not just the circle where it lands but its actual trajectory too) therefore I miss an easy shot because I couldn't see the ball. I'd be better off running around like a loon mashing the X button.

Now that the fucking latency issue is out of my system, let's get to the actual gameplay. Usually the response is pretty tight and I get some nice shots on par with professional players in real life. But sometimes my character will literally just stand there and watch as the ball goes by a foot from his head. The fuck?! Also, apparently I'm not allowed to "swing" as the ball is on the ground or my character will also stand there like a fucking retard who doesn't know the sport when I could easily pick it up off the ground in real life. Fuck Rockstar and their lousy attempt at tennis!!

*phew* However I do believe the rest of the online is beautiful and so much better than IV's and RDR's combined.
"When you're beaten down the most, when you're on the very edge of oblivion, you have to ask yourself: 'What left is there to fight for?' The answer is simple, really. You fight for yourself. You fight to survive. That's all life is. Fight to be the strongest, no matter what it takes. But always remember what it takes to get there." --The Devil Hunter
Dante XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #1169
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
Being a tennis player, I thought tennis in GTA V was the best side game ever.

I was wrong.

In the online portion, tennis is so fucked up I'm losing to people I KNOW don't actually play the sport or aren't good at it. Apparently there is still lag in a simple game with 2 players and one ball, and it totally fucks up your play as to make you stand there, helpless, as the ball easily goes by you and you look like a dumbass - lag says the ball will still go in realtime but won't actually show where it's fucking going (not just the circle where it lands but its actual trajectory too) therefore I miss an easy shot because I couldn't see the ball. I'd be better off running around like a loon mashing the X button.

Now that the fucking latency issue is out of my system, let's get to the actual gameplay. Usually the response is pretty tight and I get some nice shots on par with professional players in real life. But sometimes my character will literally just stand there and watch as the ball goes by a foot from his head. The fuck?! Also, apparently I'm not allowed to "swing" as the ball is on the ground or my character will also stand there like a fucking retard who doesn't know the sport when I could easily pick it up off the ground in real life. Fuck Rockstar and their lousy attempt at tennis!!

*phew* However I do believe the rest of the online is beautiful and so much better than IV's and RDR's combined.
Based off of your sig, I look forward to seeing you get 1,000 in V. I won't be getting anywhere near it.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #1170
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Based off of your sig, I look forward to seeing you get 1,000 in V. I won't be getting anywhere near it.
Other than getting rank 100, the online isn't that bad. Especially since you can boost the wins and such in an invite-only room.