PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #1231
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I just can't understand how now, I get on flawlessly with no lag, and others haven't even gotten past the tutorial. That's beyond unfair.
Same here dude. I don't want to make anyone else jealous. But it seems the problem is with that stupid tutorial and not so much the online. There's some issues with cars spawning and things. But other than that I played for about 7 hours last night with no issues.

For those that were saying "there isn't much to do" - what a load of shit! There is SO much stuff to do you can barely even see the map lol.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #1232
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
One of the BIG issues for GTAO is a problem with the tutorial race initiating. From what I've read, Rockstar has managed to get the servers pretty stable compared to 10/1/13, but for whatever reason, people are having trouble getting that race to initiate properly. They are working on that.
That's a shame. Well the quicker they get it figured out, the better. I hope that's just the main problem for most now.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1233
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm thinking of making a gag page on the GTA Wiki for GTA:O geography that will only consist of the airport, a small parking lot in West Vinewood and Blurry City.

I can even post pics of Blurry City at night and in the daytime to really make it look nice.

I dunno who'd laugh with me though...
Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #1234
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
I'm adding people who treat the open world like a deathmatch to this thread. When there are clearly about 20 DM/TDM icons marked on the map. (Which starts up a session made from people that want to kill each other - with the benefits of RP, money etc)

It wouldn't bother me so much but you get nothing for killing people in the open world apart from $100. No RP as far as I can tell. It literally just pisses on other peoples fires and costs them 2k.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1235
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post
It literally just pisses on other peoples fires and costs them 2k.
And some of those asshats are getting off on just knowing that.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #1236
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is the third day and I have yet to get on. I got the cheevo for the into. The longest I have let it sit spinning waiting for players is one hour. I have tried private, solo, invite only everthing!! I have patience but it is running out. Cant get past the fucking tutorial!! Will try again this afternoon.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #1237
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
This is the third day and I have yet to get on. I got the cheevo for the into. The longest I have let it sit spinning waiting for players is one hour. I have tried private, solo, invite only everthing!! I have patience but it is running out. Cant get past the fucking tutorial!! Will try again this afternoon.
Pretty much my situation lol this shit is beyond insane.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #1238
lil d 916

LIL D 916's Gamercard
i guess its just best to give it a few weeks to play online cause im having no luck with it
Old 10-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #1239
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Pretty much my situation lol this shit is beyond insane.
I'm stuck where you guys are. Everyone else on my friends list is playing, but I can't get past Blurry City.

I've deleted and re-created characters, tried joining all of the different session types, etc. and nothing has worked.

The only thing I haven't tried, which I will tonight, is deleting and re-downloading the title update. But I'll be honest, I really don't have much faith in that solving the problem.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #1240
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
From my experience, letting it sit there for an hour doesn't help. If you don't get it in after about 3 minutes then just dashboard and try again! It will let you in eventually!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #1241
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
From my experience, letting it sit there for an hour doesn't help. If you don't get it in after about 3 minutes then just dashboard and try again! It will let you in eventually!
Yeah I had to dashboard a few times before the race finally started for me
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #1242
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
$66,000+ spent on healthcare. Yeah something needs to change here. That's more than half my total earnings.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1243
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
any suggestions on how to get in?? When I put in on solo, it still said waiting for players. I mean WHAT THE FUCK its SOLO! Now sometimes it would change from night to daytime and then just go to that waiting screen. And by the way the music is about to drive me insane!! lol. What did you put it on to get in??

Last edited by upindat; 10-03-2013 at 04:43 PM.
upindat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1244
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
$66,000+ spent on healthcare. Yeah something needs to change here. That's more than half my total earnings.
My healthcare is spent on NyQuil. Or Tussin DM. Cures everything.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1245
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
The small hard to read font problem some of us have been complaining about is even worse in multiplayer. Gamertags are impossible to read on scoreboards. Not only are they small but they're stretched out to be thinner and narrower than the original text. It looks like complete shit.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #1246
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

The online tennis is fucking abysmal. I'll run over to a circle to hit it and I'll just miss it entirely. I just stood at the circle, pressed A, and nothing. Just happened again, won't do shit. I won't be playing this ever again, holy fuck.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #1247
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
any suggestions on how to get in?? When I put in on solo, it still said waiting for players. I mean WHAT THE FUCK its SOLO! Now sometimes it would change from night to daytime and then just go to that waiting screen. And by the way the music is about to drive me insane!! lol. What did you put it on to get in??
Honestly, I haven't found out how to do anything other than enter the open world yet. (From the SP pause menu) I can't see any options to enter any other modes from there.

I think the issue is the mandatory tutorial rather than anything else. So if you haven't done that damn race (which i'm pretty sure you need to do whatever mode you try to enter) then you won't be able to get anywhere.

But as long as you get past that, (and provided the cloud saves your progress/character) everything seems to be fine to me!

What I found was that after the 'double car' loop clip and then 'blurry city' and then the 'settings players options' screen, it either stuck at that screen or let me in straight away. So if it crashes at that screen, then just dashboard and try again!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #1248
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
The only thing I haven't tried, which I will tonight, is deleting and re-downloading the title update. But I'll be honest, I really don't have much faith in that solving the problem.
I tried that and it did nothing, worth a shot though.

---

Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1249
WalterWhite

Quote:
Honestly, I haven't found out how to do anything other than enter the open world yet. (From the SP pause menu) I can't see any options to enter any other modes from there.

I think the issue is the mandatory tutorial rather than anything else. So if you haven't done that damn race (which i'm pretty sure you need to do whatever mode you try to enter) then you won't be able to get anywhere.

But as long as you get past that, (and provided the cloud saves your progress/character) everything seems to be fine to me!

What I found was that after the 'double car' loop clip and then 'blurry city' and then the 'settings players options' screen, it either stuck at that screen or let me in straight away. So if it crashes at that screen, then just dashboard and try again!
It's a little confusing. Even when you step into the blue ring to start a job, I don't know how to actually start it. I tried both joining and hosting a Deathmatch last night. I think I ended up inviting everyone in the world I was in (accidentally) and the lobby was loaded but it said there weren't enough people to start the match. I really don't know what the hell was going on. I liked how Red Dead Redemption was set up better, atleast until I understand what's happening here.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #1250
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
It's a little confusing. Even when you step into the blue ring to start a job, I don't know how to actually start it. I tried both joining and hosting a Deathmatch last night. I think I ended up inviting everyone in the world I was in (accidentally) and the lobby was loaded but it said there weren't enough people to start the match. I really don't know what the hell was going on. I liked how Red Dead Redemption was set up better, atleast until I understand what's happening here.
Sounds like you did it right, seems like enough people didn't connect. I stopped using the blue rings, instead I just go through the start menu and find a random mission, race, TDM, etc. It's just easier, and I think about 90% of the time I'm able to get into a game.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #1251
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Some require a certain amount of players, others you can do solo. It will tell you the requirements inside the corona before you step into it. ie, 1-8 or 2-8 or something. You can either choose to join or host once you've stepped into it. If you choose to host you may need to wait 20-30 seconds or so but people will defo join. (plus you get control over the options, which i've found to be very handy).

Then once you're ready and/or you're happy with the amount of other players in the lobby there are some button options in the lower right of the screen (can't remember exactly what they all are) but just press A and you should progress to the next screen with some more options.

Hope this helps dude.

The problem I found is that the tips and prompts on the top left corner are all for irrelevant things that don't help/explain anything lol. Rather than explain some of the new and more complicated features.

Last edited by JDMHatchG; 10-03-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: little more detail
Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1252
WalterWhite

Quote:
Some require a certain amount of players, others you can do solo. It will tell you the requirements inside the corona before you step into it. ie, 1-8 or 2-8 or something. You can either choose to join or host once you've stepped into it. If you choose to host you may need to wait 20-30 seconds or so but people will defo join. (plus you get control over the options, which i've found to be very handy).

Then once you're ready and/or you're happy with the amount of other players in the lobby there are some button options in the lower right of the screen (can't remember exactly what they all are) but just press A and you should progress to the next screen with some more options.

Hope this helps dude.

The problem I found is that the tips and prompts on the top left corner are all for irrelevant things that don't help/explain anything lol. Rather than explain some of the new and more complicated features.
Hmm. I don't know why the match didn't start we had atleast eight people in the lobby. I actually thought there were more than eight but I didn't count but if that's the max there was easily that many. It's no big deal, I'm sure I'll figure it out, it was the first time I was on.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #1253
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
The online tennis is fucking abysmal. I'll run over to a circle to hit it and I'll just miss it entirely. I just stood at the circle, pressed A, and nothing. Just happened again, won't do shit. I won't be playing this ever again, holy fuck.
I feel your pain, brah. Ten times better at the sport in real life.

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #1254
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Is online Tennis & singleplayer Tennis not the same?

---

Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #1255
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Is online Tennis & singleplayer Tennis not the same?
There are more hit options online, it's just incredibly fucking laggy. I'll swing right by the circle where the ball is landing, and nothing. It's just extremely bad.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #1256
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
There are more hit options online, it's just incredibly fucking laggy. I'll swing right by the circle where the ball is landing, and nothing. It's just extremely bad.
As if 4 hitting options weren't enough, at least tennis doesn't suck as much as golf.

---

Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #1257
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
As if 4 hitting options wasn't enough, at least tennis doesn't such as much as golf.
There are four online, I could have swore there were only two in SP. I played someone earlier just going for an achievement and I was beyond livid. Golf wasn't as bad - it's entertaining in both single player and online (though I don't see why someone would need a full 90-second hit timer) and the guy quit halfway through, so I won because I just played myself from there on out.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #1258
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Quote:
I didn't have any problems yesterday when I played. I won at least lol.

But what I did notice was that when I hit the ball over the other side of the court my mate was returning it even though he was no where near it lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1259
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
There are four online, I could have swore there were only two in SP. I played someone earlier just going for an achievement and I was beyond livid. Golf wasn't as bad - it's entertaining in both single player and online (though I don't see why someone would need a full 90-second hit timer) and the guy quit halfway through, so I won because I just played myself from there on out.
I just don't dig the sports on this game..

On a side note..my online finally fucking works! Thanks to Tdawgs method in the other thread about disconnecting the controller. Fucking magic.

---

Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #1260
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Does anyone else find themselves doing this:

Waiting a while to join, only to finally get in and have no idea what to go and do? I'm all excited to play, get through a few instances of the game chucking me back to GTA V and making me watch Michael be all lovey-dovey with Amanda, then finally load my online persona where I'm then completely deflated and not interested in proceeding.

I love the multiplayer, but I think I'm going to hold on and go back to it when it's a little more stable, because I don't want to paint a bad picture of it and hate what I'm looking at.

Also, is it just me keeps getting bombarded with texts from Marnie (spelling?) in the single player? I know she texts you in the online after you die, but I get at least 4 every time I play the single player.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote