PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #1471
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
The Online is ACTUALLY TERRIBLE.

Unless your playing with friends or crew members, it's fucking horrible.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #1472
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post

Agreed. The biggest problem I have is the AWFUL, AWFUL matchmaking system. It makes no fucking sense. At all.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #1473
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Agreed. The biggest problem I have is the AWFUL, AWFUL matchmaking system. It makes no fucking sense. At all.
Literally. No sense at all.

I am in a CLOSED FRIENDS SESSION and host a TDM match...yet people can join. My friend who is a level 5 can't join even though it says "Required Rank - 1"

I play for ten seconds and get kicked from the TDM game.

Then it brings me to Single Player instead of my free-roam session.

The list of my complains goes on and on.

Jesus. I can't believe how awful this is.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #1474
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Literally. No sense at all.

I am in a CLOSED FRIENDS SESSION and host a TDM match...yet people can join. My friend who is a level 5 can't join even though it says "Required Rank - 1"

I play for ten seconds and get kicked from the TDM game.

Then it brings me to Single Player instead of my free-roam session.

The list of my complains goes on and on.

Jesus. I can't believe how awful this is.
I have the same goddamn complaints. Playing in a SOLO SESSION today and I go to host a race to spam for easy xp, and someone joins, which makes my game freeze. I have to dashboard, return, and try it all again. Such fucking trash.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #1475
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
Why are people still playing if it is so bad right now? Its not worth the frustration. Hopefully by the end of the month they will fix the online.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #1476
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I have the same goddamn complaints. Playing in a SOLO SESSION today and I go to host a race to spam for easy xp, and someone joins, which makes my game freeze. I have to dashboard, return, and try it all again. Such fucking trash.
Exactly! It makes no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
Why are people still playing if it is so bad right now? Its not worth the frustration. Hopefully by the end of the month they will fix the online.
I unfortunately have nothing else to play.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #1477
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
By the end of the month they'll be plenty of other games to play, all of them better than this crap.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #1478
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
By the end of the month they'll be plenty of other games to play, all of them better than this crap.
Lol, not really. Batman and Battlefield 4 only. But BF4 is more of X1 material.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #1479
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
It's not the online that's terrible it's the dumbass system that supports it! GTA is still priority over any Xbox One game!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #1480
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
It's not the online that's terrible it's the dumbass system that supports it! GTA is still priority over any Xbox One game!
Xbox One launch game*

Old 10-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #1481
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Xbox One launch game*
No, any game, ever, on any platform, ever, on any planet, ever. Forever and ever.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #1482
xoskxflip

x TX Flip's Gamercard
Quote:
Check the social club if your character appears there you just need to wait until the server stops acting up. If it doesn't then apparently all you can do is either wait for R* to fix it which may never happen or start a new character.

Starting a new character will OVERWRITE your missing character though.

Ofcourse I fall into the second category, fucking bastards
I created a character in slot 2 in hopes my slot 1 character will reappear. In-game and on the social club it still says how much money I have in my bank, but all my other stats are gone...probably forever. It's a shame I would have had 900 right now if it didn't get deleted.

Quote:
No way, man. Really? That fucking sucks. I'd be so pissed.
Yep, all gone. I'll just take my 840 and move on. Unfortunately, the only other game until the X1 comes out is Batman for me. So, see ya online then I guess. I'll keep checking to see if my stuff comes back, but I have little hope.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #1483
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoskxflip View Post
I created a character in slot 2 in hopes my slot 1 character will reappear. In-game and on the social club it still says how much money I have in my bank, but all my other stats are gone...probably forever. It's a shame I would have had 900 right now if it didn't get deleted.

Yep, all gone. I'll just take my 840 and move on. Unfortunately, the only other game until the X1 comes out is Batman for me. So, see ya online then I guess. I'll keep checking to see if my stuff comes back, but I have little hope.
Really sorry to hear that, man, that sucks. Let Batman's upcoming release excite you, don't worry about the shitty Online for this game. I've gotten fucked over on achievements before (looking at you, Hitman: Absolution) that I stopped caring about.

Speaking of achievements, after looking at BF4, I'm really debating getting it on the 360, getting the achievements, playing MP, then trading up to the XB1 version for $10 and getting them again/playing more of the MP. I put nearly 200 hours into BF3, so I hope I manage to do the same with the fourth.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #1484
xoskxflip

x TX Flip's Gamercard
Quote:
Really sorry to hear that, man, that sucks. Let Batman's upcoming release excite you, don't worry about the shitty Online for this game. I've gotten fucked over on achievements before (looking at you, Hitman: Absolution) that I stopped caring about.

Speaking of achievements, after looking at BF4, I'm really debating getting it on the 360, getting the achievements, playing MP, then trading up to the XB1 version for $10 and getting them again/playing more of the MP. I put nearly 200 hours into BF3, so I hope I manage to do the same with the fourth.
Nice, I just played the beta and it is pretty awesome! I was thinking about an x1-only buy, but I am sure more of my friends will get it for 360. I will make my decision closer to time.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #1485
lil d 916

LIL D 916's Gamercard
Quote:

EXACTLY the way i feel
Old 10-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #1486
lil d 916

LIL D 916's Gamercard
Quote:
Exactly! It makes no sense at all.

I unfortunately have nothing else to play.
its either this or madden for me right now to be honest i may just get rid of the game screw it i said i wouldnt but if this is how the online is gonna be im over it ill just get borderlands 2 game of the year since i havent played any of the DLC
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #1487
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Lol, not really. Batman and Battlefield 4 only. But BF4 is more of X1 material.
AC4, CoD a week after, Watchdogs 2 weeks after that. Plenty of other games that aren't as big. I'll be playing Pokemon in 5 days and this will be a distant memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
No its terrible. 500 or whatever they said missions my ass. They're including all the races and deathmatches which are the same minus the scenery. All the missions you get from characters are the same, drive somewhere, shoot some people, steal something, take it somewhere.

Oh don't forget the missions that have teams with conflicting objectives that are so one sided its not even funny.

I was so close to not getting this game but I buckled at the last minute. I did the same thing with Max Payne 3 and regreted it. So thats it no more R* even if they bring out another Red Dead, no doubt they'll fuck that up too may as well go for the trifecta.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #1488
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
AC4, CoD a week after, Watchdogs 2 weeks after that. Plenty of other games that aren't as big. I'll be playing Pokemon in 5 days and this will be a distant memory.
AC4 is going to be a Christmas gift to myself, and I lost interest in CoD three years ago. That, and Pokemon died after Gen 3 in my opinion. But you sure do have a lot of your plate

Red Dead sucked, but Max Payne was so much fun. You're crazy.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #1489
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
AC4 is going to be a Christmas gift to myself, and I lost interest in CoD three years ago. That, and Pokemon died after Gen 3 in my opinion. But you sure do have a lot of your plate

Red Dead sucked, but Max Payne was so much fun. You're crazy.
I don't think RDR was as great as everyone made it out to be - I'm sorry, but I fucking loathed the ending - but I still enjoyed it. I thought MP3 was really good and that online was so fucking entertaining. I'm upset that it was one of the last games I had for the PS3 - I got rid of the system soon after, but I really wanted to continue MP3, just didn't want to return and re-do all the achievements.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #1490
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't think RDR was as great as everyone made it out to be - I'm sorry, but I fucking loathed the ending - but I still enjoyed it. I thought MP3 was really good and that online was so fucking entertaining. I'm upset that it was one of the last games I had for the PS3 - I got rid of the system soon after, but I really wanted to continue MP3, just didn't want to return and re-do all the achievements.
Yeah, RDR was alright but I didn't like it as much as everyone else did.

MP3 was sexy. I loved it! The Multiplayer was so entertaining even though people complain/ed about it. Achievement list was indeed hard, but it was so satisfying getting it all done!

Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #1491
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, RDR was alright but I didn't like it as much as everyone else did.

MP3 was sexy. I loved it! The Multiplayer was so entertaining even though people complain/ed about it. Achievement list was indeed hard, but it was so satisfying getting it all done!
Running around, dual pistols, blasting people was so entertaining on that game. If the achievements weren't so tough for me, I would've picked it up when I saw it in a pawn shop for $13 a few months ago.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #1492
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
So far online isn't exactly a ton of fun, unless you have 4 or more friends I don't see the point. Half of the missions are impossible solo, TDM is kinda fun but nothing worth writing home about. I'm also getting really sick 'n tired of being booted from sessions for no reason at all.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #1493
Akatsuki Seven

Akatsuki Seven's Gamercard
I have been enjoying online playing with the crew. I think that has a lot to do with it because its working as a team to accomplish missions while talking smack to each other on party chat. I wish some of the clothes was available in game
Akatsuki Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #1494
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Convinced the updates have removed motorbikes from the single player.

So I buy a bike instead for $10,000 - just do the bike race - it has been delivered to your garage, checked both safe house and the other free garage and nothing!!

Last edited by cjdavies; 10-06-2013 at 09:26 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #1495
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Nobody joins a tennis match. I've been sitting at the matchmaking screen for ages and not a single person wants to play. It's one set, less than 5 minutes. Just fucking join! One of them is in my crew as well.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1496
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

What is the point of skills in the game?! Frankin 100 for lung capacity but can only go underwater for 10 seconds!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #1497
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Nobody joins a tennis match. I've been sitting at the matchmaking screen for ages and not a single person wants to play. It's one set, less than 5 minutes. Just fucking join! One of them is in my crew as well.
This is exactly the problem I'm having right now. It's the last one I need to confirm the list for the achievement. Fucking annoying.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #1498
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
Convinced the updates have removed motorbikes from the single player.

So I buy a bike instead for $10,000 - just do the bike race - it has been delivered to your garage, checked both safe house and the other free garage and nothing!!
That happened to me a week or two ago, before the last update. I had to order 3 bikes to finally get one (and it came in a random color). Note that I used Franklin's crappy bike to do that bike race (it's fast enough to win).
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1499
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Why da fuq can I call any stripper once I got her number in GTA ONLINE!? Already lost Nikki's number and now I got Chastity's number but everytime I call her it's BUSY no matter what session or time of the day. Hello anybody!?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #1500
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I finally had someone join. Turns out I'm pretty awesome at tennis and the person quit the match in the fourth game. I had someone else join about fifteen minutes later and just threw the match. So that's my advice, if you need tennis checked off the list and you're playing with randoms, throw the match so they don't bail. Maybe knock out the occasional Ace while you're serving to keep them guessing.