PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #1591
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I kick people because the matchmaking/lobby system is beyond useless. I have it set up to be closed to matchmaking so I can invite friends in and only have us play together. It still throws in random players, so I kick them.
The host only kick option is the only useful, functioning feature about the multiplayer imo.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #1592
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterking69 View Post
somebody who is not a scumbag.
which seems impossible as there are shit ton of people that are scumbags. you know the ones that shoot you in the face and drive away for no reason? or the people that have beef with you even though you didn't do anything? or the people that constantly run you over in their car? yeah those kinds of scum.
burntt0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #1593
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntt0ad View Post
which seems impossible as there are shit ton of people that are scumbags. you know the ones that shoot you in the face and drive away for no reason? or the people that have beef with you even though you didn't do anything? or the people that constantly run you over in their car? yeah those kinds of scum.
Hopefully when there are more heists to do in the game there won't be as many scumbags doing that stuff.....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #1594
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherbottomMR View Post
Hopefully when there are more heists to do in the game there won't be as many scumbags doing that stuff.....
i feel like they'll still be there. this is why i play private games with friends.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #1595
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I'm working on collectibles - letter scraps specifically - and it's taking me an hour to collect 12...should I not use the video?

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 AM   #1596
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Does anyone know where I can fill out a support thing for Rockstar about my Online Character?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #1597
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post

I'm working on collectibles - letter scraps specifically - and it's taking me an hour to collect 12...should I not use the video?
I used the map on Social Club and did all the letter scraps and spaceship parts together. I found that much easier than using a video.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #1598
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I used the map on Social Club and did all the letter scraps and spaceship parts together. I found that much easier than using a video.
Fuckkkkk. I hate collectibles

Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #1599
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

Are you driving or using a helicopter?

Completions: 45
Completion Percentage: 100%
Dante Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #1600
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
Are you driving or using a helicopter?
Helicopter but it's still taking me forever, I don't know why :/

Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #1601
H2O I

Send a message via AIM to H2O I Send a message via MSN to H2O I

H2O I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I used a cab for most of it.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #1602
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:

took me 3 hours for both the spaceship parts and letter scraps. at least it's done though.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #1603
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Host kicking in free roam is the biggest bitch move in this game, vote system is better. I can't stand doing missions in free roam only to get kicked by the host for christ knows what reason. If you want to play with your friends go to a private session.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #1604
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
Host kicking in free roam is the biggest bitch move in this game, vote system is better. I can't stand doing missions in free roam only to get kicked by the host for christ knows what reason. If you want to play with your friends go to a private session.
Vote system wouldn't really help, either, as most people will vote to kick others just to spite them. Then, if you have a big group, they could always vote to kick anyone and always have authority because there are more of them.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #1605
Bro5eters

I'll kick it off with a minor gripe, and it's one that seems to be prevalent in a lot of newer games these days...
Bro5eters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #1606
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Vote system wouldn't really help, either, as most people will vote to kick others just to spite them. Then, if you have a big group, they could always vote to kick anyone and always have authority because there are more of them.
I disagree. I mean sure host kicking for the jobs and whatnot yeah fine but in free roam there should be no option to kick anyone. If you don't like the people you can find a different session (or go private). But to be able to kick people from free roam for whatever reason should not be an option.

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #1607
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Haha, I told you man. That shit took me like six or seven hours to do somehow. The letters seemed to go faster than the Spaceship Parts for me for whatever reason. The one that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be was the Nuclear Waste, that took about an hour and a half.

---

I saw someone else mention this before but I forget where. Why do I now have a bulletproof vest permanently on my character? How do I get rid of it? I thought it was a parachute so I jumped off a building to get rid of it, that's not it.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 10-07-2013 at 06:40 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #1608
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I saw someone else mention this before but I forget where. Why do I now have a bulletproof vest permanently on my character? How do I get rid of it? I thought it was a parachute so I jumped off a building to get rid of it, that's not it.
Hold the back button and enter your inventory. You can change a bunch of stuff in there including your body armour.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #1609
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Hold the back button and enter your inventory. You can change a bunch of stuff in there including your body armour.
Sweet, thank you. I actually checked in the menu but not the GTAO menu, just the regular one. I should have thought to sift through that mess.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #1610
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'm starting to get into the more serious jobs now from Lester and Ron and most of them start off with "You're going to need a helicopter" yet we can't seem to get one to spawn anywhere. Luckily I'm past rank 30 so I can call MW for one and kill the pilot but it's an annoying cost.

Also, silencers don't seem to work in online. We were working on a job where we had to steal a plane and one of us was up in the hills with a silenced sniper rifle. He popped one guard off to the side and suddenly everyone was alerted.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #1611
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I'm starting to get into the more serious jobs now from Lester and Ron and most of them start off with "You're going to need a helicopter" yet we can't seem to get one to spawn anywhere. Luckily I'm past rank 30 so I can call MW for one and kill the pilot but it's an annoying cost.

Also, silencers don't seem to work in online. We were working on a job where we had to steal a plane and one of us was up in the hills with a silenced sniper rifle. He popped one guard off to the side and suddenly everyone was alerted.
Haha, killing the Merryweather guys comment was funny. I thought you could call Lester and he'd tell you the location of a helicopter. Does that not work for those missions? I have no idea, I've done like two missions online.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #1612
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

I can always find a chopper at that one hospital... you know... that one. A lot of the time there's a cargobob and a regular one. Also the helipads you can buy in single player usually have a frogger in online for me.

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #1613
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The problem with the hospital is they never seem to spawn while on mission. We even tried climbing in one before triggering the mission but we were put on the street when it started and the chopper was gone.

I completely forgot about calling Lester, I may have to give it a try next time, thanks for reminding me
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #1614
SuperSpartanSam

SamSonite004's Gamercard
After being hit with two minor rank resets (one moment I was 35 then I was 31, another moment I'm at 43 then I'm at 41) I think I'm going to hold off on going for Rank 100. Its a miracle I even made it to Rank 50. I'll come back in a month or so, hopefully Rockstar has their shit together by then.

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
Coming Soon: ????
SuperSpartanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #1615
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
The problem with the hospital is they never seem to spawn while on mission.
Oh, that's weird. I haven't done many jobs so I didn't notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpartanSam View Post
After being hit with two minor rank resets (one moment I was 35 then I was 31, another moment I'm at 43 then I'm at 41) I think I'm going to hold off on going for Rank 100. Its a miracle I even made it to Rank 50. I'll come back in a month or so, hopefully Rockstar has their shit together by then.
Don't mean to get personal, but how the hell can people spend that much time on a game!? I've seen people getting close to 100 in matches already.

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #1616
burntt0ad
Banned User

burntt0ad's Gamercard
Quote:
The problem with the hospital is they never seem to spawn while on mission. We even tried climbing in one before triggering the mission but we were put on the street when it started and the chopper was gone.

I completely forgot about calling Lester, I may have to give it a try next time, thanks for reminding me
there's a helicopter usually spawned at trevor's helipad.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1617
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Don't mean to get personal, but how the hell can people spend that much time on a game!? I've seen people getting close to 100 in matches already.
I'm only rank 13 myself, I only play MP for a little bit at a time and half the time the cloud servers are down when I actually choose to play anyway.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #1618
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh, that's weird. I haven't done many jobs so I didn't notice.

Buddy on my FL is almost 60. I'm almost 20 and I feel I haven't accomplished a crazy amount. I want more options for jobs. I hate that after you do a call from Gerald, Simeone, etc, almost any mission to choose/vote on after requires 2+ people and turns into Teams. I like the more straight Co-op'y missions.

I notice a lot of bonus stuff from having a Crew and just random bonuses offer some decent RP/XP. I was doing a couple Jobs I knew to be "easy" on their own on hard for that extra 1.5RP. Like the blowing up the cars at the other dealership? Pff. Couple grenades and that job is done in under 3 min lol

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1619
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Quote:
I can always find a chopper at that one hospital... you know... that one. A lot of the time there's a cargobob and a regular one. Also the helipads you can buy in single player usually have a frogger in online for me.
Where exactly is said cargobob? :O This interest me for some lols if it can be found online... :3

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #1620
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Finally was able to get into the MP Friday. The tip about unplugging the controller worked like a charm. Played all weekend and loving the mp. My only bitch is I was level 12 and when I loaded it back up the next day I was at level 8. Had to replay bunch of stuff. I am level 18 and played mostly solo invite only with my son. Worked very smoothly. Does anybody why the dope missions are repeated? I have gone to the dock three times already to do the same misson. Looking like level 100 is going to be a grind.