PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #1831
Tenacious

Bassnectarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Finally got Gerald to give me Violent Duct, down the street from Gerald's.. boom. Game crashed.

Shaking my head in frustration..

Boost with me: Forza 4, GTA 5, GTA 4

Guitar Hero III 1000/1000G 3rd September 2013
Tenacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #1832
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
Finally got Gerald to give me Violent Duct, down the street from Gerald's.. boom. Game crashed.

Shaking my head in frustration..
You only get 3k now.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #1833
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Yeah, maybe I'll be lucky enough to escape this need of mine to constantly earn achievements one day lol.

Really? I thought it was a blop blip?
These are all (easier than most) attainable for me but I'm still slow playing it. My prob is I'll try to milk a game like this before finishing the story but the story will grip me enough that by the 3/4 mark, I'm purely doing story-missions and such to see where it goes.

Bleep-Bloop is the Caboose-ments! lol I've always referred to it as a Plink sound.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #1834
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
You only get 3k now.
Better $3k and ~1000 RP than ~660 RP and $0. I haven't had the luck of getting Violent Duct more than once...
Old 10-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #1835
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Alright, who the fuck said microtransactions weren't that bad and you won't be able to pay to win?

I just played deathmatch... used my money (a few thousand grand) to buy sticky bombs. Killed everyone so easily. Poo

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #1836
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Alright, who the fuck said microtransactions weren't that bad and you won't be able to pay to win?

I just played deathmatch... used my money (a few thousand grand) to buy sticky bombs. Killed everyone so easily. Poo
That has nothing to do with microtransactions seeing as they aren't even enabled right now.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #1837
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
That has nothing to do with microtransactions seeing as they aren't even enabled right now.
Yeah, but when they are people have the ability to just buy shitloads of good ammo. You can have tons of explosives and make the streets rain blood.

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #1838
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Two things I can't tolerate in games is rubberbanding AI and infinite enemy spawns, and R* managed to include both. I fully expected the jobs to get harder as you progress through the ranks but aside from the occasional mission that requires some planning to execute, most go the cheap route and throw endless enemies at you that seem to be able to keep up with you no matter how fast your car is.

Just tried to complete a mission where we had to steal 2 trucks worth of cargo. Instead of trying to drive away with people shooting us, we thought we would take out the reinforcements. 25 cars later and they are still coming so we thought let's make a break, but no, the AI with their pinpoint accuracy meant we lost 2 players shortly after they left the depot.

My friend and I delivered the first truck and luckily found the car that looks like the Audi R8. Figured making our way back to the 2nd truck would be easy, wrong again. Even after pulling some fancy manoeuvres which meant the 2 SUV's chasing us collided head on with a bus, 2 seconds later, they were back on our bumper and managed to kill my friend.

I'm seriously thinking of either grinding solo races or using whatever exploits are left to rank up because jobs are becoming too frustrating.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #1839
BiggD
57 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Two things I can't tolerate in games is rubberbanding AI and infinite enemy spawns, and R* managed to include both. I fully expected the jobs to get harder as you progress through the ranks but aside from the occasional mission that requires some planning to execute, most go the cheap route and throw endless enemies at you that seem to be able to keep up with you no matter how fast your car is.

Just tried to complete a mission where we had to steal 2 trucks worth of cargo. Instead of trying to drive away with people shooting us, we thought we would take out the reinforcements. 25 cars later and they are still coming so we thought let's make a break, but no, the AI with their pinpoint accuracy meant we lost 2 players shortly after they left the depot.

My friend and I delivered the first truck and luckily found the car that looks like the Audi R8. Figured making our way back to the 2nd truck would be easy, wrong again. Even after pulling some fancy manoeuvres which meant the 2 SUV's chasing us collided head on with a bus, 2 seconds later, they were back on our bumper and managed to kill my friend.

I'm seriously thinking of either grinding solo races or using whatever exploits are left to rank up because jobs are becoming too frustrating.
Rooftop Rumble replay exploit.

I can help out and host the lobby to help you Rank up once I reach Rank 75

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #1840
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Kasai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Rooftop Rumble replay exploit.

I can help out and host the lobby to help you Rank up once I reach Rank 75
Any idea if that'll still be viable tomorrow??

Don't want to be stuck in the 20s because I have no friends.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #1841
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodring View Post
Any idea if that'll still be viable tomorrow??

Don't want to be stuck in the 20s because I have no friends.
Some of us think it'll be patched by tomorrow, but we've no concrete idea, so it's just a guess.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #1842
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
MAn, does anyone know how to pay your bills? I lost power and can't take a shower. My character is very bloody.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #1843
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeagy View Post
MAn, does anyone know how to pay your bills? I lost power and can't take a shower. My character is very bloody.
1. get money
2. wait

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #1844
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I really hate Rockstar is disabling all the Restart methods on Missions. I don't want to play their shitty PVP and Free Roam doesn't give enough xp. Lame
And yes, they are disabling the RT restart method SOURCE

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #1845
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
I really hate Rockstar is disabling all the Restart methods on Missions. I don't want to play their shitty PVP and Free Roam doesn't give enough xp. Lame
Get that boosting in while you can. I did 'Rooftop Rumble' with some people earlier and went from rank 51 to rank 101. It's a shame, because you pretty much had to be on the ball with this game to take advantage of exploits, glitches that made achievements easier, etc. I feel bad for people coming to this game in a few weeks who want to hit rank 100.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #1846
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Get that boosting in while you can. I did 'Rooftop Rumble' with some people earlier and went from rank 51 to rank 101. It's a shame, because you pretty much had to be on the ball with this game to take advantage of exploits, glitches that made achievements easier, etc. I feel bad for people coming to this game in a few weeks who want to hit rank 100.
I'm only rank 30 so I guess I won't reach 100. shame but whatever.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #1847
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm only rank 30 so I guess I won't reach 100. shame but whatever.
Whether they patch it or not, if you want to reach it, you will. I highly doubt they'll patch every acceptable exploit out there, and if not, there's always 'Criminal Records' that you can do over and over again to rank up.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #1848
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Really? Because their patch notes say otherwise:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ss-and-ot.html
Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #1849
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
Really? Because their patch notes say otherwise:

The amount of people 'abusing' it right now, you think they wouldn't sneak that in just like they sneaked in the disabling Replay option last time?

I really hope this is incorrect and the RT restart will remain. I don't want that gone but I think it will be.
R.I.P. Easy Money.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #1850
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
The amount of people 'abusing' it right now, you think they wouldn't sneak that in just like they sneaked in the disabling Replay option last time?

I really hope this is incorrect and the RT restart will remain. I don't want that gone but I think it will be.
R.I.P. Easy Money.
The patch notes say they are FIXING the problem with being able to replay certain missions. I don't get why this is so hard to understand for everyone on this forum.

Not being able to replay missions was a bug that was introduced via 1.02 and not something they meant to happen.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #1851
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:

R.I.P. Easy Money.
I don't even see the abuse. You make a mission with a lot of money and XP, you'd be an idiot not to continuously play it. What's wrong with that? At most, they'll lower how much XP/cash you get from it, but it's still simple enough that even if they cut the XP in half (around 2,000 if you are doing it with friends) is still a good amount, only it'll take a while longer.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #1852
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
The patch notes say they are FIXING the problem with being able to replay certain missions. I don't get why this is so hard to understand for everyone on this forum.

Not being able to replay missions was a bug that was introduced via 1.02 and not something they meant to happen.
If you read the article I sourced you'll see it was Disabled.

Quote:
I don't even see the abuse. You make a mission with a lot of money and XP, you'd be an idiot not to continuously play it. What's wrong with that? At most, they'll lower how much XP/cash you get from it, but it's still simple enough that even if they cut the XP in half (around 2,000 if you are doing it with friends) is still a good amount, only it'll take a while longer.
That's why I put ' ' around it. They see it as Abuse. I do RT on good missions all the time.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #1853
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
If you read the article I sourced you'll see it was Disabled.

That's why I put ' ' around it. They see it as Abuse. I do RT on good missions all the time.
Soooo... it disables restarting missions via RT (which, by the looks of how it is used, probably wasn't supposed to be a method to restart anyway) and fixes the "Replay" voting option. Doesn't sound like that'll really change much.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #1854
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Even as simplistic as the missions are, why would they create them so you can only play it once? Doesn't make sense.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #1855
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
Soooo... it disables restarting missions via RT (which, by the looks of how it is used, probably wasn't supposed to be a method to restart anyway) and fixes the "Replay" voting option. Doesn't sound like that'll really change much.
Where does it say Replay is fixed? Are you going on hearsay, fact or hope? Cause I haven't read anything that says it was fixed.

Quote:
Even as simplistic as the missions are, why would they create them so you can only play it once? Doesn't make sense.
The Replay was probably meant for PVP matches, not the quick Co-Op stuff.

Last edited by tripleb2k; 10-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #1856
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Where does it say Replay is fixed? Are you going on hearsay, fact or hope? Cause I haven't read anything that says it was fixed.
Right in the post I linked to:
Quote:
Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs

I honestly don't know how many times I have to repeat this or link to the same page.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #1857
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
Right in the post I linked to:

I honestly don't know how many times I have to repeat this or link to the same page.
Im reading the feedback that says it's disabled on PS3. If I'm totally wrong, great! but the feedback is it's not 'fixed'

Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #1858
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:

The Replay was probably meant for PVP matches, not the quick Co-Op stuff.
That just seems like a major, major oversight to me. I don't see how that could've been overlooked. Then again, how much money and ranks have people lost thanks to game breaking bugs? Who knows what they wanted with the Online for this game.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #1859
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Im reading the feedback that says it's disabled on PS3. If I'm totally wrong, great! but the feedback is it's not 'fixed'
According to the source you cited, only the quick restart method was disabled (using RT to quickly restart a mission and bypass voting):
Quote:
In addition to the official comments from Rockstar Games, a fan also discovered that the 1.03 disables mission restarts using the R2 buttons. Players were using the quick restart method to rapidly build up cash and reputation points by replaying the same high-paying missions over and over again.
That is completely different than the replay feature of voting where players can vote to replay the same mission/job/race/deathmatch/etc. THAT is what Rockstar is fixing, that is what originally stopped working, and that is what got everyone in a fluster about how Rockstar was purposefully preventing boosting (and led to people using RT to quickly restart missions).
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #1860
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
That just seems like a major, major oversight to me. I don't see how that could've been overlooked. Then again, how much money and ranks have people lost thanks to game breaking bugs? Who knows what they wanted with the Online for this game.
You'd be surprised at the lack of oversight developers have. Look at Payday 2 on PC. It's had 13 patches. A lot of it was bugs, nerfing and buffing but a lot was to penalize players who grinded quick missions for cash and rewards. At first they added stuff to make quick heists last longer than they removed it than added it again under certain conditions... it was a shit show. Developers miss these things.