PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #301
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Yep, I'm certain. On page 16 of the strategy guide, it says the achievement is obtained after earning a Gold medal in Street Races, Sea Races, Off Road Races, Triathlons, the Flight School and the Shooting Range.
That's exactly what I did and got the achievement. Remember that the Gold medal for the Street Races is actually the one from the Stranger mission, and not a regular Street Race.

EDIT: For further confirmation, my achievement unlocked after I got a Gold on the first Triathlon.

The Trafficking and Assassinations are missions, and not past-times.
Okay, thanks bud. I need to edit all that when I have time soon. So it's just one Gold Medal per activity, right? So it's not like ALL Sea Races and ALL Flight Schools?

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #302
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Okay, thanks bud. I need to edit all that when I have time soon. So it's just one Gold Medal per activity, right? So it's not like ALL Sea Races and ALL Flight Schools?
Only one per activity. Like I said, I had done all of the Flight School, but only one of everything else (I'd done all of one weapon in the Shooting Range). The achievement description states you only need one as well.

It also doesn't need to be done with only one character. Michael did the Flight School and the Shooting Range, Trevor did the Off-Road, Sea and Triathlon and Franklin did the Shift Work Street Race mission.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #303
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Only one per activity. Like I said, I had done all of the Flight School, but only one of everything else (I'd done all of one weapon in the Shooting Range). The achievement description states you only need one as well.
My brain hasn't been working properly this week Alright, now I know what I have to add, thanks for all this confirmation. I'll credit you for that achievement.

One last question, how do you know what do to get a Gold Medal in these pastimes? Is it for just completing the races in first, etc.?

Also, I appreciate your quick replies.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #304
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
My brain hasn't been working properly this week Alright, now I know what I have to add, thanks for all this confirmation. I'll credit you for that achievement.

One last question, how do you know what do to get a Gold Medal in these pastimes? Is it for just completing the races in first, etc.?

Also, I appreciate your quick replies.
It's just for getting first in the race. The results page has the Gold medal at the bottom and just says "Result 1/8 (or however many are racing)". The Shift Work one obviously has the mission constraints (1:20 lap, 2:50 race, less than 5 collisions).

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #305
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
It's just for getting first in the race. The results page has the Gold medal at the bottom and just says "Result 1/8 (or however many are racing)". The Shift Work one obviously has the mission constraints (1:20 lap, 2:50 race, less than 5 collisions).
Sweet Information overload right now! Thanks a ton, Callum.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #306
slime87

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
For some reason the second Epsilon icon isn't showing for me after doing their first quest and then donating $500 for the Kifflom achievement. I guess we need to wait a while before I get another email from them.
Same problem here. I've delivered the 5 vehicles very early in the game and since then nothing has changed. In the social club it says, that I have finished "assuming the Truth" but no new Kifflom symbol will show up to continue the mission. And I already finished 43 story missions! Seems to be glitched.
slime87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #307
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

It also doesn't need to be done with only one character. Michael did the Flight School and the Shooting Range, Trevor did the Off-Road, Sea and Triathlon and Franklin did the Shift Work Street Race mission.
This is solid news man, thanks. I will attempt this as next!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #308
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Alright! Multi-Disciplined is updated and finalized.

Big thanks to Callum for that.

Laptop is going to die </3

I will return in a few (3) hours.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #309
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm guessing they won't even be available if you choose option C.
no because i chose option C but i can replay both those missions, i have a bronze on them because i didn't do them.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #310
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can confirm for 'Multi-Disciplined' that you needn't do everything. I had at least one gold on all weapon sets in the firing range, I had a few gold medals at the flying lessons, and then I got Gold on the 'Shift Work' mission, and then simply won one off-road, sea, and triathlon race. Achievement unlocked.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #311
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yo Bigg D, you might want to suggest for the collectible achievements (letters and spaceship parts) that people wait to do them until they purchase the cab company so they can essentially fast travel to a waypoint for free to each location while following the video. Obviously, that isn't mandatory but it might speed up the process. I haven't done it myself yet but that's my plan.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #312
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Yo Bigg D, you might want to suggest for the collectible achievements (letters and spaceship parts) that people wait to do them until they purchase the cab company so they can essentially fast travel to a waypoint for free to each location while following the video. Obviously, that isn't mandatory but it might speed up the process. I haven't done it myself yet but that's my plan.
Thank god my phone hasn't died yet I haven't thought about that, it's actually a pretty good plan. I'll add that, thanks Mr. White.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #313
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Nice Roadmap & Guide...."BiggD" &"Others"
Now i'm not sure if it was missable or glitchy, but after i finished all the story, i still had not unlocked....
"A Fair Day's Pay" & "The Moment of Truth" & "Blitzed" & "The Government Gimps"
So i went and replayed them again, and it seemed they only unlocked if you don't use "The skip option"...
I did use the skip option when i first done missions...
So it looks like some or all achievement tied missions could be missable if you use the Skip option....

Just thought you should be aware of this, & maybe look into it, just in case they are missable...

Last edited by DjBatfink; 09-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #314
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBatfink View Post
Nice Roadmap & Guide...."BiggD" &"Others"
Now i'm not sure if it was missable or glitchy, but after i finished all the story, i still had not unlocked....
"A Fair Day's Pay" & "The Moment of Truth" & "Blitzed" & "The Government Gimps"
So i went and replayed them again, and it seemed they only unlocked if you don't use "The skip option"...
I did use the skip option when i first done missions...
So it looks like some or all achievement tied missions could be missable if you use the Skip option....
Well to be technical, you can replay missions for those so they're not really missable. The other achievements I've listed as missable are actually missable in the sense that you need to start a brand new game if you don't get them before choosing "A" or "B" in the final mission, or unless you choose "C" in the final mission.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #315
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Quote:
Well to be technical, you can replay missions for those so they're not really missable. The other achievements I've listed as missable are actually missable in the sense that you need to start a brand new game if you don't get them before choosing "A" or "B" in the final mission, or unless you choose "C" in the final mission.
Ok, i meant that if you choose to "Skip" you won't unlock the achievement, i do understand that you can replay so technically they are not missable..
I was just surprised that they didn't unlock naturally when i first played the missions, because i used the "skip option"...and others might not be aware of this..

Last edited by DjBatfink; 09-20-2013 at 07:27 PM.
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #316
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I take it Trevor dies in that last mission then. The warning sort of gives it away and I haven't finished the story yet
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #317
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Yep, I'm certain. On page 16 of the strategy guide, it says the achievement is obtained after earning a Gold medal in Street Races, Sea Races, Off Road Races, Triathlons, the Flight School and the Shooting Range.
That's exactly what I did and got the achievement. Remember that the Gold medal for the Street Races is actually the one from the Stranger mission, and not a regular Street Race.

EDIT: For further confirmation, my achievement unlocked after I got a Gold on the first Triathlon.

The Trafficking and Assassinations are missions, and not past-times.
You can just get gold on a regular street race, I dont have gold on shift work and still unlocked the achievement.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #318
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
You can just get gold on a regular street race, I dont have gold on shift work and still unlocked the achievement.
I was wondering about that. Why would you have to get a gold medal for a Strangers & Freaks mission to count towards the Hobbies & Pastimes achievement? Didn't make sense. You should be able to get a gold medal in one of the five H & P street races and have it count.

On a side note... for the two Parachuting H & P activities, it says to complete all Base Jumps and Heli Jumps to count towards 100%. How many are there of each?
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #319
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
A few people have been reporting that you need to do Shift Work. I've heard of one guy getting the achievement when he had a Silver on it, but I figured he may have been mistaken. Do you have Silver on yours?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #320
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
A few people have been reporting that you need to do Shift Work. I've heard of one guy getting the achievement when he had a Silver on it, but I figured he may have been mistaken. Do you have Silver on yours?
Yeah I have silver. Maybe winning the race is good enough because although it is a stranger and freak mission, it is also the first street race.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #321
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

These knife flights are going to be the fucking death of me. I've flown under all the bridges no problem, and I've done 5/15 knife flights. This sixth one is so tough. Just ready for these to be done with.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #322
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
These knife flights are going to be the fucking death of me. I've flown under all the bridges no problem, and I've done 5/15 knife flights. This sixth one is so tough. Just ready for these to be done with.
I'm getting ready to cry on these as well. I just did Flight School ok but it got my heart beating faster than I'd like with those stunts. I HATED it in San Andreas so came into this one with fears. If I have to fly inbetween buildings, I shall weep 14 times for each one. That's gonna be a lot of tears...

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #323
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown View Post
I take it Trevor dies in that last mission then. The warning sort of gives it away and I haven't finished the story yet
No matter which way I word the Warning about missable achievements...it spoils the game I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do.

It's either I spoil the game but people know how to NOt miss 9 achievements.

Or I don't spoil the game and people bitch at me and in general that they missed 9 achievements.

Quote:
Hmm, really? So maybe Shift Work just needs to be complete. Medal doesn't matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
I was wondering about that. Why would you have to get a gold medal for a Strangers & Freaks mission to count towards the Hobbies & Pastimes achievement? Didn't make sense. You should be able to get a gold medal in one of the five H & P street races and have it count.

On a side note... for the two Parachuting H & P activities, it says to complete all Base Jumps and Heli Jumps to count towards 100%. How many are there of each?
13 total. I'm too lazy right now to check how many of each though.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #324
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Yeah I have silver. Maybe winning the race is good enough because although it is a stranger and freak mission, it is also the first street race.
In the solution on TA, there's a guy who had to get from a Bronze to a Silver and then his achievement unlocked, so it seems to play a weird part in this achievement. :/

Old 09-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #325
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
No matter which way I word the Warning about missable achievements...it spoils the game I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do.

It's either I spoil the game but people know how to NOt miss 9 achievements.

Or I don't spoil the game and people bitch at me and in general that they missed 9 achievements.

Hmm, really? So maybe Shift Work just needs to be complete. Medal doesn't matter?

13 total. I'm too lazy right now to check how many of each though.
Yeah I know man don't worry it doesn't state what I said so you never know haha
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #326
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

If anyone is following Maka's guide for the Knife Flights, #15 does NOT have to be that tight. You can just fly through the buildings and that'll suffice for the last flight. I just said "Fuck it." and tried it and I unlocked it. You don't have to go through the narrow passage.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #327
Nesmaster

Nesmaster's Gamercard
Just an additional tip in regards to using the cab to fast travel to every collectible. If you hit right on the dpad after getting out of the cab, you'll whistle and the cab will stay still for a period of time, usually enough to rush to the collectible and back to the cab before he takes off. If you're not fast enough you will have to phone the cab every time and wait for it to show up, which takes a lot longer. For some this won't work because you'll be way out in the middle of nowhere and the cab will be long gone. I found it easier to switch to someone else and call a cab with them instead to continue on collecting.

Also of note, some of them you will need a chopper for, and the best location I've found for that is the police station (marked Impound Lot on the map). Run through the main doors and straight through the back door marked locker room and continue through here to gain access to the roof. The chopper won't be there every time but it'll eventually show up. This will give you a 3-star wanted level however and is only required for a few collectibles.

Alternatively, the Vespucci Helipad property.

Last edited by Nesmaster; 09-20-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Nesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #328
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
Just an additional tip in regards to using the cab to fast travel to every collectible. If you hit right on the dpad after getting out of the cab, you'll whistle and the cab will stay still for a period of time, usually enough to rush to the collectible and back to the cab before he takes off. If you're not fast enough you will have to phone the cab every time and wait for it to show up, which takes a lot longer. For some this won't work because you'll be way out in the middle of nowhere and the cab will be long gone. I found it easier to switch to someone else and call a cab with them instead to continue on collecting.

Also of note, some of them you will need a chopper for, and the best location I've found for that is the police station (marked Impound Lot on the map). Run through the main doors and straight through the back door marked locker room and continue through here to gain access to the roof. The chopper won't be there every time but it'll eventually show up. This will give you a 3-star wanted level however and is only required for a few collectibles.
You can also use the helicopter atop the hospital to avoid getting any stars.

Also, for 'Waste Management,' you can purchase the dock as Trevor, as well. I was reading through the achievement and it appeared you could only buy it as Michael. Not sure if Franklin can purchase it, too.

I've now moved on to the Stunt Jumps, and it seems that all of these collectibles/achievements are just really pissing me off. The Knife Flight ones were tough, and the stunt jumps are unrelenting. I do a lot of them exactly how they do in videos, but it doesn't unlock, so I'm forced to redo them.

No matter, I'll get through them! Trying to do literally everything before completing the game.

Last edited by Creasy47; 09-20-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #329
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Bump because the amount of useless threads flooding Page 1 when this isn't sticky'd to begin with makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #330
Crimson Ridley

I'm calling it now, the most difficult Single Player achievement is definitely "Close Shave". I was starting to get pretty frustrated while doing these. Tip: Don't try them in the rain, because your plane doesn't control too well.