PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #601
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
this helped A BUNCH but one dang achievment 3 man army lol

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #602
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
edit: As I also said to BiggD, I will remove it if he wants to.
As I said in your SS thread:

Quote:
... even if you did get permission for the other content you put into your guide (Kifflom), that still doesn't excuse the matter of not crediting him it. Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious.
So it's not a matter of whether or not you've received permission to use content, it's the fact that in some parts of your guide you fail to give credit entirely. There was absolutely nothing in your Kifflom achievement guide that indicates that someone else wrote it (other than it obviously being written by a completely different person).

Last edited by Hishoa; 09-24-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: changed "is" to "was"
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #603
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
As I said in your SS thread:

So it's not a matter of whether or not you've received permission to use content, it's the fact that in some parts of your guide you fail to give credit entirely. There is/was absolutely nothing in your Kifflom achievement guide that indicates that someone else wrote it (other than it obviously being written by a completely different person).
The only part I copied without credit was the Kifflom! achivement, Which I deleted, The 100% part already had credit right at the top.
Fluttershy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:07 AM   #604
Hishoa

Quote:
The only part I copied without credit was the Kifflom! achivement, Which I deleted, The 100% part already had credit right at the top.
Which explains my earlier comment "Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious." I noticed just now you edited the OP and corrected my earlier statement in this thread.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #605
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Which explains my earlier comment "Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious." I noticed just now you edited the OP and corrected my earlier statement in this thread.
Look, I forgot to edit it after because the thread became dead, And now it's gone, Is there anything else I can help you with or are we just going to go round in circles.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #606
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Look, I forgot to edit it after because the thread became dead, And now it's gone, Is there anything else I can help you with or are we just going to go round in circles.
I say you just keep the Career Criminal stuff as that information can be found far and wide across the internet. Get rid of all the other stuff from this site, and cut your loses.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #607
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I say you just keep the Career Criminal stuff as that information can be found far and wide across the internet. Get rid of all the other stuff from this site, and cut your loses.
I already removed everything but career criminal, And the whole time that was there right at the top it had a big thing linking to this thread for credit.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #608
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Pretty much this.

When I gave consent, I was under the impression it was only GENERAL information (perhaps I am confusing the specifics of Career Criminal as I had over 5 different people ask me about using that checklist - which I also gave consent because that's GENERAL information). I do not appreciate the straight copy/paste work you had done for Kifflom!, especially when the entire work you posted was mine and not even my name or this site was credited.

For the future, I will try to be more organized when knowing what and who I give consent to, but I think it's best you REALLY reword some of your achievement descriptions (notably Kifflom!) because that's plagiarism and I'm genuinely kinda offended by it.

EDIT: It seems you have said you've taken that info out. So I appreciate that. And I am sorry for all this misunderstanding and the fact that about 4 of us got on your back. Just trying to avoid plagiarism is all.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #609
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Pretty much this.

When I gave consent, I was under the impression it was only GENERAL information (perhaps I am confusing the specifics of Career Criminal as I had over 5 different people ask me about using that checklist - which I also gave consent because that's GENERAL information). I do not appreciate the straight copy/paste work you had done for Kifflom!, especially when the entire work you posted was mine and not even my name or this site was credited.

For the future, I will try to be more organized when knowing what and who I give consent to, but I think it's best you REALLY reword some of your achievement descriptions (notably Kifflom!) because that's plagiarism and I'm genuinely kinda offended by it.

EDIT: It seems you have said you've taken that info out. So I appreciate that. And I am sorry for all this misunderstanding and the fact that about 4 of us got on your back. Just trying to avoid plagiarism is all.
Yeah, I added it for that guy so he could get the Achievement, And the thread went dead, So I never ended up changing it because I didn't think it would ever be seen again.

Sorry about this.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #610
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Yeah, I added it for that guy so he could get the Achievement, And the thread went dead, So I never ended up changing it because I didn't think it would ever be seen again.

Sorry about this.
It's alright. Just next time, whether or not it's just for a quick usage, make sure you don't copy word for word. And to clear things up...if you ask someone for information from their guide, be sure to ask for specific details. This would be better so that if you are given consent, it's for specific things that the author is aware of, rather then the person asking for permission just using a majority or significant portion of their information. Anyways, I got to get to bed, but sorry that you were put on the spot like this. Just be careful how you go about making your own guides when plagiarism can be - and is - a very serious matter.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #611
Fluttershy

vReneigh's Gamercard
Quote:
It's alright. Just next time, whether or not it's just for a quick usage, make sure you don't copy word for word. And to clear things up...if you ask someone for information from their guide, be sure to ask for specific details. This would be better so that if you are given consent, it's for specific things that the author is aware of, rather then the person asking for permission just using a majority or significant portion of their information. Anyways, I got to get to bed, but sorry that you were put on the spot like this. Just be careful how you go about making your own guides when plagiarism can be - and is - a very serious matter.
Thanks, And I will do in the future.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #612
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Group hug?
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #613
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Shouldn't Kifflom! be mentioned under glitched achievements?
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #614
Top Boy Chunk

Top Boy Chunk's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks for the help. Will defo be using this my way along to 100%
Top Boy Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #615
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

What's the hardest/most annoying achievement you all have experienced so far?

For me, it has to be the stunt jumps. I'd say the knife flights, but 1/3 of those were real easy and there were only 15 total. The stunt jumps were incredibly touchy and very fucking aggravating.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #616
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
What's the hardest/most annoying achievement you all have experienced so far?

For me, it has to be the stunt jumps. I'd say the knife flights, but 1/3 of those were real easy and there were only 15 total. The stunt jumps were incredibly touchy and very fucking aggravating.
At first, i would have said the Knife Flights, but I am a pretty good pilot. The Stunt Jumps were complete balls, and very broken. There were times that I hit the jumps perfectly and didn't receive credit for them. None of them were really "tough", but you'd find yourself going top speed and your car would just flip over randomly, or you would land ever so slightly out of the area and fail the jump.

I also found them really boring as well, so they were a bit of a hassle to get through.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #617
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide I had not looked at the whole thing yet because I was only interested in the multi-disciplined guide.

I just want to point out that I did not do the street race, (I did do the "shift work" mission but only got a sliver medal, I did win the race)

So I'm not entirely sure if the street races are needed for the achievement.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #618
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Group hug?
Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
Thanks for the guide I had not looked at the whole thing yet because I was only interested in the multi-disciplined guide.

I just want to point out that I did not do the street race, (I did do the "shift work" mission but only got a sliver medal, I did win the race)

So I'm not entirely sure if the street races are needed for the achievement.
They are, but getting first place in "Shift Work" counts towards the achievement.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #619
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
i delivered the 5 cars for kiflom and now what do i do? havent received any emails
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #620
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeye View Post
i delivered the 5 cars for kiflom and now what do i do? havent received any emails
Play as another character for a while or just go to sleep for a couple of in-game days and the next mission will appear eventually.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #621
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Play as another character for a while or just go to sleep for a couple of in-game days and the next mission will appear eventually.
I feel terrible for anyone who has Kifflom glitched to any extent. Aside from the grinding or tiresome goals, it wasn't too bad for me.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #622
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I feel terrible for anyone who has Kifflom glitched to any extent. Aside from the grinding or tiresome goals, it wasn't too bad for me.
Same. The only one I needed to look up was the 10 days in the robe. Wasn't sure if you should switch characters. The desert part wasn't even that bad. It's literally 20 minutes of running if you do it straight.

I just wish I knew what to do at the end of the mission lol. Could've used that 2.1m

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #623
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, the achievement isn't as long as it appears in text, and I'm not sure if it's actually glitched, or if people aren't waiting long enough for the next mission to appear.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #624
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, the achievement isn't as long as it appears in text, and I'm not sure if it's actually glitched, or if people aren't waiting long enough for the next mission to appear.
It could be the latter. I just took them as they came and didn't focus on sitting down and only doing the achievement.

As for the ending of it, thankfully I checked it out before the mission ended, though it wasn't simply "the easiest option is to drive away and get the money," because I got rocked the first time I did it by all the enemies and gunfire. Still worth the $2.1 million.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #625
ACES11

ACES11's Gamercard
Some help - PowerPyx's 100% guide says that Career Criminal (achieving 100% completion) is unmissable no matter the ending (I haven't finished yet) yet this guide says it is - some clarification?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #626
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES11 View Post
Some help - PowerPyx's 100% guide says that Career Criminal (achieving 100% completion) is unmissable no matter the ending (I haven't finished yet) yet this guide says it is - some clarification?
It actually is missable. Because if you don't choose option "C" at the end of the game...

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Old 09-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #627
TayTheDay

TayTheDay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES11 View Post
Unless you get all of the required strangers & freaks out of the way before choosing an alternate ending, at least 1 will be missed and hence the achievement will be missed. I kinda wish I made a save right before the choice so I could play all of the endings
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #628
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
It could be the latter. I just took them as they came and didn't focus on sitting down and only doing the achievement.

As for the ending of it, thankfully I checked it out before the mission ended, though it wasn't simply "the easiest option is to drive away and get the money," because I got rocked the first time I did it by all the enemies and gunfire. Still worth the $2.1 million.
It is definitely a bit glitchy. The part where you have to wear the robes got me twice. The first time I was sevemn days into wearing them and then as I ran out of things to do as Michael I switched characters. I came back to him 2-3 game days later and he was no longer wearing them. I put them back on and it said you need to wear them for 10 days. Start over basically so I done that and this time got to about 5-6 days before saving and going to bed. The following evening I loaded the game up and guess what Michael is sitting on the side of his bed with his grey suit on. So this time I just spent ten minutes game saving to add 6 hours each time. Quite annoying especially as the next part involved running round the desert for 45 minutes.

So unless you going to play for six hours straight and play only as Michael this may well glitch on you.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #629
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Its glitched, if you don't get the email within 1 minute of delivering the 5th vehicle you will never get it I was 80% complete and I never got the email so you cant say enough time didn't pass.

You should put it as glitched as its easily avoided by saving before you deliver the last vehicle then if don't get the email just load and try again. Otherwise you need to start a new game.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #630
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBOX ISAAC82 View Post
It is definitely a bit glitchy. The part where you have to wear the robes got me twice. The first time I was sevemn days into wearing them and then as I ran out of things to do as Michael I switched characters. I came back to him 2-3 game days later and he was no longer wearing them. I put them back on and it said you need to wear them for 10 days. Start over basically so I done that and this time got to about 5-6 days before saving and going to bed. The following evening I loaded the game up and guess what Michael is sitting on the side of his bed with his grey suit on. So this time I just spent ten minutes game saving to add 6 hours each time. Quite annoying especially as the next part involved running round the desert for 45 minutes.

So unless you going to play for six hours straight and play only as Michael this may well glitch on you.
Well from the get-go, it would be wise to just pass the 10 days by just saving in his bedroom until 10 days has passed. Switching to other characters or turning of the game will obviously void the cumulative factor.