PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Are you serious? You knew this was being created for this game.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
You're awesome. Seriously.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
You're awesome. Seriously.

Nah...Im glad you said something.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The only thing I have to bitch about is the people on the internet who haven't played it being insanely critical. I was extremely cautious going into it and it's turning out to be really fun.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
The fact that this game exists.

No, not really I'm so excited.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
The only thing I have to bitch about is the people on the internet who haven't played it being insanely critical. I was extremely cautious going into it and it's turning out to be really fun.
Again...why you feel the need to be upset at other peoples opinions is silly.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
PHub07

PHub07's Gamercard
I dont think I have the ability to do those spoiler things yet so if someone wants to edit this if not......BELOW IS A SPOILER ABOUT THE FIRST 10 MINUTES...not too big of a deal.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by troy0891 x360a; 10-30-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag
PHub07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
^ What the senior said. Spock's comment most definitely obviously pertains to me, and I'm fine with that.

I've seen MORE than enough, and read WAY TOO much to know that this game, and the direction the series is headed in, is a waste of my money. Maybe not yours, but I will not be purchasing Assassin Creed games anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
The fact that this game exists.

No, not really I'm so excited.
You were right with your first sentence

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Bashing something people like without even trying it is silly. I'm not upset with the fact that someone would dislike it (that would be ridiculous), I'm upset that people constantly feel the need to hate on games because they're similar to the previous ones in the series, especially if they haven't even played it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
^ What the senior said. Spock's comment most definitely obviously pertains to me, and I'm fine with that.
Not really pertaining to you, mostly just the tone of the thread. "You knew this was being created for this game." is said when the game barely has any flaws... I don't see people actually playing it bitching.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I hate to break up the fun but can we keep the bitching to elements within the game. I don't want this to turn into the bitching threads of the COD vs BF days where half the people were hating on the game without having played it.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #11
Coraline12

LiL Blackout797's Gamercard
Two words i hate about this game:

Uplay Passport

Other than that, awesome game
Coraline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The save system sucks. Even if I wait to see the save symbol and wait for it to disappear, when I come back to my game, I'm not at the same spot. I'm at the last major checkpoint. Game needs save anywhere or have it save as you exit. And yes I exit the game properly.

Example, I just got my own ship and the black dude rambled on about the condition of the ship. During this time I saved two or three drifters and got to the marker. I jumped into the sea and see the save symbol. I went to the menu and quit. Load up my game tonight and I'm back at the start of that section, black guy talking. BS.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #13
troy0891 x360a
On Hiatus

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHub07 View Post
I dont think I have the ability to do those spoiler things yet so if someone wants to edit this if not......BELOW IS A SPOILER ABOUT THE FIRST 10 MINUTES...not too big of a deal.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Anybody can spoiler. You just have to know the code and type it in manually. In the opening tag type [spoiler=whatever]where "whatever" is a unique to that spoiler tag. then they the spoilerific stuff. the closing tag is simple. just type[/spoiler]
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Bashing something people like without even trying it is silly. I'm not upset with the fact that someone would dislike it (that would be ridiculous), I'm upset that people constantly feel the need to hate on games because they're similar to the previous ones in the series, especially if they haven't even played it!

Not really pertaining to you, mostly just the tone of the thread. "You knew this was being created for this game." is said when the game barely has any flaws... I don't see people actually playing it bitching.
Hear hear. It has it's flaws control-wise (I've felt Brotherhood had the best handling and controls) but overall, it's got a ton of potential. I for one would criticize a game MIGHT not be for me or appeal to me but even I can admit games I dislike (Battlefield, Pokemon, etc) are popular among many others.

I'm a big fan of free-roam/sandbox/open-world games. Most times I dislike FPS' bc it robs you of Characterization or development. Majority of the time, you're a voice-less camera with arms. However, there are many FPS' I thoroughly enjoy.

I feel with everything the AC games have to offer the buyer, it's almost always well worth the money. The series has evolved with innovation and depth in many ways since the first. Ubisoft has always been a treasured developer with pleasing fans.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
one thing about the multiplayer anyway (and this might be true of past games), and specifically in wolf pack, is that its way too easy to accidentally kill civilians instead of your target cause civilians clump up close to your target way too much. its really quite aggravating.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
I had a run in with a legendary ship today ...after i found out it would just obliterate me in about a minute I tried to escape after I died....naturally the game didn't let me and just kept reloading the encounter and stopped me progressing and speed traveling etc even when I took my ship the other side of the map

so Ive had to restart the game....pro tip: don't engage legendary ships untill you have max armor and everything I guess lol
Old 10-31-2013, 05:01 AM   #17
squid5580

thanx4tehfish's Gamercard
I would rather play Batman Origin MP than this MP wheeee

squid5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
my only complaint about the game is the fact that anytime you get near a building or climbable surface and are using the RT, Edward just has to climb the surface, which has caused me to be detected a few time, ruining one of the side objectives on an assassin side mission.
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
Durdens Wrath

DURDENS WRATH's Gamercard
My complaint is having to go through their Clown Shoes AC:Initiates to redeem my MacFarlane statue code.

Those asshats are still sitting on the ability for us to enter them. Something that should have been ready DAY. ONE.

Durdens Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #20
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The save game system is still total crap. I get to the island of Grand Cayman, dock and even do a synchronization. I make sure the save symbol comes up and goes away. I quit to the menu.

I load up the game and I'm fing out to sea by the damn fort of Charlotte. WTF is this shit. And yeah, it does show that I was at that island and discovered the spot.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #21
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
I'm about 15 hours in and am starting to really enjoy the game. The game started a bit slow, but there is a nice gradual build up in both the story and the gameplay. Now, onto some bitching points ...

- I've experienced many more camera issues when fighting on the ground than in any other AC game. The camera is often too close to Edward and I can't adequately see the immediate enemies around Edward. In other words, I am often not able to block an enemy attack (B button) simply because I cannot see when the attack is being launched.

- Free run feels pretty much the same as in AC III. Although it requires a bit more skill, the mechanics in AC I through to AC Revelations made it much easier to control your character (once you mastered it).

- I like the addition of corner assassinations introduced in AC III, but the game needs a dedicated button to signal going into cover. Right now, any time you approach an object a few feet tall, Edward always goes into cover. In most cases, that's NOT what I want him to do. For eaxample, when approaching a treasure chest on top of a box, he goes into cover making the B button 'whistle' insted of the desired 'open chest'. This problem sometimes becomes a significant issue for me when trying to do a mission without being detected.

- I have experienced a few persistent glitches with Assassination Contracts. Perhaps, my game glitched because I tried to do some contracts before the story officially introduced them to me. Right now, I have one mission where the assassination target won't show up (red dot is there, but no person). I can't seem to end or restart the mission. So now, every time I'm at sea, I have this red mission objective dot on my map, despite being engaged in another mission with its own red dot objectives.

- I just started the Fleet trading stuff. Most of the time, when I try to access it, I get the "Unable to connect to the Ubisoft servers" message. Very annoying.

Last edited by StarDreamer99; 11-02-2013 at 02:23 AM.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #22
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
My only grip so far are that optional objectives to get 100% sync arent brought up with the mission objective, or they are and im completely blind.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
So far... my biggest complaint (which has been a trend in AC more than most games) fruitless side quests and collectibles... They are getting worse and worse about using random crap as game lengthener and filler. 3 was bad, this is MUCH worse. Sail to tiny island, jump off boat, swim to shore, grab 1 thing, swim back to boat, sail to next closest tiny island and repeat about 200 times... when collecting things accounts for more than 50% of your gameplay time (maybe more) there is a problem... you could probably complete the story in a day, then spend the next week cleaning up all of the "extra" stuff that makes this a supposedly "huge" game, all they did is add a ton more things to collect.

Also... I have been damn near untouchable in the open conflict combat when it came to counters in pretty much every AC... this one seems broken, or at the very least, different. I am constantly getting hit, when I pretty clearly countered the attack. Seems to happen mostly on ships, perhaps that type of battle is the reason.

AND the Juan Garcia glitch that has left a permanent red target marker on my screen, and not allowing me to complete that contract.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
AND the Juan Garcia glitch that has left a permanent red target marker on my screen, and not allowing me to complete that contract.
I haven't been able to quit or continue that contract. I hope there's a patch for it soon.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #25
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Thumbs down

I'm a few hours into this and even though most AC's start slow this is by far the worst. I've encountered glitches from animals running in the air, to enemies backed against a wall levitating up as they tried to walk backwards. Free run feels VERY clunky this time around, even more so than ac3. Also several audio glitches including conversation audio dropping out completely mid conversation, and delays in sound fx in fighting. I've literally had fights where the sounds were 10 seconds behind.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
I'm a few hours into this and even though most AC's start slow this is by far the worst. I've encountered glitches from animals running in the air, to enemies backed against a wall levitating up as they tried to walk backwards. Free run feels VERY clunky this time around, even more so than ac3. Also several audio glitches including conversation audio dropping out completely mid conversation, and delays in sound fx in fighting. I've literally had fights where the sounds were 10 seconds behind.
Stuff like this is why they need to stop making these games every year. Maybe I wouldn't hate so much if they took their time with these games.....maybe.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
Never had any of those problems through out the entire game. It was smooth sailing for me.

I personally haven't had this much fun with an Assassin's Creed game since the first one. This game is in the top 3 AC games for me, better than the cash grabs for Ezio. lol

It has so much to do and most collectibles don't matter this time around. Also the mission 100% requirements aren't a chore to complete. Modern day wasn't bad at all either with the things you can uncover on past subjects.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Yeah I dunno i installed both discs and getting really weird glitches alot of sound delay stuff which is very odd. I dunno this game feels like it needed another 2 months of debug and 6 months of story writing. I'm as I said only a handful of hours in and I'm thinking.

SPOILER "ok so wait I'm a pirate and I just assassinated an assassin easier than Ezio did, right that makes sense. Ok now I have zero training with assassin gear yet look at me figuring out the hidden blade right off the bat hmm." I'll be totally honest I played AC1 when it first came out it was meh ok. Then when MS released AC2 on games for gold I got hooked and bought brotherhood and revelations, at least they had a good story that was properly rooted. This so far feels like Ubisoft threw poo on the wall and wrote what stuck.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #29
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
ok im really starting to hate the whole hold 1 button for insta parkour action....I just spent 15 minutes trying to climb the view point on Crooked island...the fucker would keep jumping off the wrong bit, jumping in the water or not grabing anything at all :/

edit: ok it was Mariguana Island not Crooked Island this happened...which is more annoying as I set my waypoint to Crooked island and it took me there insead

Last edited by Sm0keytrip0d; 11-04-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
The spelling and grammar is so atrocious I want to pull my hair out and use it to stab myself in the eyes. Every other word is capitalized in the subtitles, documents, shanty you name it. It's horribly done and shows that they totally rushed the game out the door.

That, and the crazy amounts of glitches when a bunch of NPCs are on the screen, well there's glitches almost every 3 minutes but it's really dominant on boarding enemy ships.

It's not only Ubisoft but it's sad that the gaming industry has resorted to rushing out unfinished games and patching it constantly until maybe a year later it's running how it should (gta online I'm looking at you too)

Otherwise, I do enjoy the game

Currently boosting Titanfall!
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote