PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #31
diesel98a

diesel98a's Gamercard
i have gotten calls for the other businesses usually within 1 in game day, although they have only be about the delivery guy being a no-show and then i have to go make the delivery, have gotten calls with both Michael and Franklin, i did both of those before even buying the cab company.....but i need to go do the 2nd bail bond request from Maude, haven't been able to locate the guy.....but did find a map with where he is located so i may try it now....

Gamerscore
60,000 - 1/18/14
50,000 - 2/24/13
40,000 - 5/27/12
30,000 - 10/18/11
20,000 - 9/9/10

Last edited by diesel98a; 11-10-2013 at 02:58 AM.
diesel98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #32
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel98a View Post
i have gotten calls for the other businesses usually within 1 in game day, although they have only be about the delivery guy being a no-show and then i have to go make the delivery, have gotten calls with both Michael and Franklin, i did both of those before even buying the cab company.....but i need to go do the 2nd bail bond request from Maude, haven't been able to locate the guy.....but did find a map with where he is located so i may try it now....
I got a call from the Hen House about some celebrities (can't exactly remember). Anyways, I did a mission beforehand and then got a call saying I pretty much failed and haven't gotten a call since. However, I finally got the call for the cab ride for a VIP. Not sure what the trick is, but I did call for a few cab rides myself and then shortly after I got the call from the cab company.

Sounds like it's all random.
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #33
UPR Captain

Cart Lord's Gamercard
I got mine using a combination of tips and tricks that by now you likely have also read. I tried driving for days and all that jazz, but its worthy to note that I did not buy the taxi company until after I had completed the game. I successfully got the first call but never a followup mission.

So, heres how I got it:
1. Start a new game and save it in a new save slot
2. Play through the game(only have to do the main story missions) until Trevor gets to Los Santos and all characters are available to use.
3. Switch to Franklin and pick up grenades(if you dont have them)
4. Drive to the taxi company and make a quick save.
5. Buy the taxi company and get back in your car, you should get a call from Raul(taxi company owner) in a matter of seconds after you buy the company
6. Answer the call(you know it was successful if a 2nd Downtown Taxi Company listing is added to your contacts)
7. After you get this first call, make a new quick save in a new location(just in case you fail the private fare mission)
8. Get out of the car and run into a secluded, nearby alley(theres a convenient one just to the left of the taxi company if you are looking at the front of the company)
9. Pull out the grenade and kill yourself with it(the goal is to kill yourself without attracting police attention or so im told, not sure if it matters)
10. Steal a car after respawning at the hospital
11. You should get a call in a matter of seconds after doing this
12. Complete the private fare successfully

UPR Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #34
Doc Lolly

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
I used to be in this boat. I thought it was glitched for me too because i bought it after i beat the game and i only got the 1st call from raul and never got another call from him forever. i played as franklin for probably 10 hrs after buying the cab doing random things like all the towing missions, parachute jumps, paper scraps, alien pieces, offroad/boat/street races, all the triathlons and still nothing came up. I even tried clearing my cache and redownloading the update. But today after dicking around in online mode for probably around an hour i quick switched to franklin with the character wheel and it spawned it outside of the safehouse and as soon as i could move i got a call from raul so i know it is possible even if you wait forever. Hell ive gotten 3 more calls since then so its probably bugged idk what triggers it but it will happen

going kerouac on everybody's ass for 21 years
Doc Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #35
NataSS Inc

TumyStxx's Gamercard
I've got 100% completion of the game. Lor d knows how many hours of doing missions and time just running around the map and havent got the call from raul. I spent 4 hours driving around as franklin last night and nothing. I've about had it with trying to get this one.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #36
billsmith

All's NOT fare in love and war

Hi all at x360a, I too was having trouble obtaining this achevo (over 15 hours of game play with Franklin and no fone call ) until I noticed Franklin had an incompleted quest (pulling favors again below his pic when you go to change char ) so I done that one and the others that followed (still no luck so I deleted the installed game (gta v) then reinstalled it ) so I decided to purchase the towing impound (the vehicle I was driving around was a cab (I know it's not needed)) after buying that place I drove just outside and within 30 I got a fone call, I failed the first one then I reloaded the save before buying the TI and done the same and I got another fone call oh and it was about 8 in the morning (game time ).

I read in another forum that if you have an active quest you won't get a fone call and if you buy the cab co while having active quest you need to buy another place to get a phone call.

Hope that this helps and sorry for my poor English.

Last edited by billsmith; 11-24-2013 at 03:15 AM.
billsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
Armakuni

Send a message via ICQ to Armakuni Send a message via MSN to Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me how often random property missions occur? Wondering if I can confirm the solution above.

Haven't gotten a property call since really early on when I failed a Hooter call with Michael. Many hours later, after completing the game, I noticed Franklin had a mission left. Called Tonya, finished the towing missions and bought the towing company. Seconds after that, Smoke on the Water sent an email with a mission!!! Completed it, now nothing has happened for like half an hour...
Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dammit, I find myself in the same predicament as you all, this mission just will not spawn for me. I'll try some of your suggestions, and if anything helpful comes about from it, I'll post back shortly.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #39
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Again: can anyone tell me how often property missions occur on average?

However, here is an update (and possible semi-solution) to my story:

Quote:
The posters here don't know what they are talking about. Sorry for being sour, but I'm so sad that Rockstar f-d up this game for a bunch of people and keep putting out updates for the online mode instead of fixing single player.

I got one property call early on, missed it and then played tens of hours without getting any property calls/emails. I finally found one fix that seems to work (not every time, though, so remember to save just before attempting it). What has helped a bunch of people is finishing the towing missions from Tonya. That unlocks the towing company, save right before you buy it and hope for the best. After that, buy the towing property. On my first try, I immidiately got an email from Smoke on the water. On my fourth try (the previous ones didn't do jack) I immidiately got a call from the cab company.

However, the game still seems to be messed up: on my first try, I continued playing for a couple of hours without getting more than the first property call. If that wasn't enough, ALL of my texts and emails except the epsilon one across ALL characters got erased. Try doing the bounty hunter missions without the emails... I only kept playing for half an hour after the fourth try where I got the cab call , but didn't get any more property missions. Btw, does anyone know the approximate frequency of property calls/emails? Thanks in advance!

So don't tell me that the game isn't glitched, I've read enough on the support forums to know that I'm not the only one having these problems. Endgame is so empty for me now, it really bums me out dealing with this after playing and loving so many Rockstar games over the last decade or more...
Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #40
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
Your fix is to play the missions that some people are reporting as glitched? I don't really see how that is of any help to anyone.

Also, there is no such thing as a 'semi-solution'. The fact that what you did worked for you is pure coincidence...

To answer you question though, you get one property management mission per in-game week.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #41
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post
Your fix is to play the missions that some people are reporting as glitched? I don't really see how that is of any help to anyone.

Also, there is no such thing as a 'semi-solution'. The fact that what you did worked for you is pure coincidence...

To answer you question though, you get one property management mission per in-game week.
I beg to differ. People are having problems with a property mission (cab company), the towing missions are story missions that lead up to the towing company being unlocked for purchase and I haven't read reports of people not getting the towing missions. I consider it a semi solution since it solved an issue but lead to other problems (emails/texts being erased).

However, thanks for the info regarding property mission frequency. Is it one mission per property and week, or one mission per week altogether? Some people reported getting them "all the time" after solving the glitch, that's why I'm asking.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #42
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
I get one property management mission per in game week (I own them all apart from the golf course) So that's one mission per 5.5 hours real time. I own every property apart from the golf course.

It's annoying that no one knows what causes it. Personally I didn't have a single problem with the cab company or the towing missions (or Dom's parachuting missions, which a lot of people are claiming is also glitched) Or the Kifflom! achievement, or any of the achievements for that matter (I've unlocked them all). So I must be extremely lucky!
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
^Same. Had zero problems with single player.

Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #44
blairg8

DoYouWantAnts's Gamercard
I just loaded an old save (around 72%) in which I hadn't bought the company yet. Bought it, slept until it was Sunday morning, got in a car and got the call almost right away. The save I was using previously had the "no internet on phone" glitch so I figure the whole save was screwed up. Hope this helps someone!
blairg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #45
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post
I get one property management mission per in game week (I own them all apart from the golf course) So that's one mission per 5.5 hours real time. I own every property apart from the golf course.

It's annoying that no one knows what causes it. Personally I didn't have a single problem with the cab company or the towing missions (or Dom's parachuting missions, which a lot of people are claiming is also glitched) Or the Kifflom! achievement, or any of the achievements for that matter (I've unlocked them all). So I must be extremely lucky!
Thanks a lot! I'll have to keep playing to see if I'll get more than the one property mission then. Weird that someone claimed that he/she got them all the time...
Old 12-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #46
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

If anyone is one the Rockstar "support" forum, they are awful, if you have a problem like this, their recommendation is to start another game in single player, you have got to be shitting me. I am working on my 100%, and don't have any of the side missions that I need available (Beverly nor Dom), nor will any of my properties call me. I am going to get the Stunt-Jumps, Letters and Space Ship parts and races before I mess with Save games and whatnot, but this is really quite annoying.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #47
Kangaroo Swagg

kangaroo swagg's Gamercard
Does anybody have any new updates or fixes for this?

I went through and bought all the properties after I beat the story. This was about 2 months ago and I have only received one phone call from a property. The one call I received was to Michael regarding a robbery that occurred at Cinema Doppler. What was interesting was the fact that I received the call after playing GTA Online for about half an hour and then going back to single player. As soon as I reverted to single player I received the call.

I have been playing as Franklin for tens of hours since I purchased the Cab Company and I have received absolutely no calls. I have tried driving close to the depot as well as going from online to single player to see if that would trigger it like it did Cinema Doppler. Neither of these have worked.

I also would like to finish the remaining random events I need (mostly security trucks), but these are also not spawning anymore after beating the story. I tried my previous method of playing online and then switching back to single player but this only worked on the first attempt to trigger a security truck and has now ceased to work.

So does anybody have any new ideas or solutions on how to trigger the property missions and the random events after beating the story (I also have 100% completion done btw). Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #48
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

I have heard that people have cleared their cache and this has worked for several glitches, but I am personally waiting until I have completed everything else in Single-Player before I do that, I have about 20 more UFO parts and 30 more stunt jumps to complete, then I'll give it a whirl, but at this point, I am not getting any property calls either, I did get one from Tequilala or one of the bars to fight off a gang attack or something, but nothing since and Beverly is not showing up for the Sex Tape mission.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #49
Kangaroo Swagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannon37 View Post
I have heard that people have cleared their cache and this has worked for several glitches, but I am personally waiting until I have completed everything else in Single-Player before I do that, I have about 20 more UFO parts and 30 more stunt jumps to complete, then I'll give it a whirl, but at this point, I am not getting any property calls either, I did get one from Tequilala or one of the bars to fight off a gang attack or something, but nothing since and Beverly is not showing up for the Sex Tape mission.
Alright, well let me know if clearing the cache fixes it after you complete everything. As of right now, I think that is the only possible solution left that I haven't tried. Other than that, I may just wait for Rockstar to make an update to fix this glitch since I am sure they are aware of it due to the number of people experiencing this problem. However I doubt they will address it as they are so absorbed in perfecting GTA Online.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:17 AM   #50
Delirium1138

delirium1138's Gamercard
I've cleared my cache but still no luck with getting a call for this. I'm really hoping Rockstar will patch this soon.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #51
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Ugh, so clearing cache is a nice solid "maybe" solution, and if you want to see how little shit Rockstar cares about single player issues, you should see the responses they have to people who have issues with Dom or Beverly or any number of other missions. They basically tell people to start a new fucking career, what a bunch of horse shit. Here is how I imagine the thought process to be:

Yes, we here at Rockstar did put out a game with issues, but there is a logical and simple fix. What, no, we are not going to find and fix the issue, you just need to play the 20+ hours of our game again.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #52
MrKevlarr

MrKevlarr's Gamercard
Is GTA5 even worth getting? I've not played any since Liberty City Stories for PS2 haha!
MrKevlarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #53
Kangaroo Swagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannon37 View Post
Ugh, so clearing cache is a nice solid "maybe" solution, and if you want to see how little shit Rockstar cares about single player issues, you should see the responses they have to people who have issues with Dom or Beverly or any number of other missions. They basically tell people to start a new fucking career, what a bunch of horse shit. Here is how I imagine the thought process to be:

Yes, we here at Rockstar did put out a game with issues, but there is a logical and simple fix. What, no, we are not going to find and fix the issue, you just need to play the 20+ hours of our game again.
Alright so since clearing the cache doesn't seem to be a fix, I guess I am out of options until Rockstar decides to address the issue. I completely agree with you that their handling of the single player problems people are having is a bunch of garbage. I've even seen a reply from them where someone was inquiring about the same exact issue we are having, and they told him to use a game guide or other source of game information. Basically they told him to refer to a guide for a glitch. Rockstar's ticket and help system is a bunch of garbage. This is why I never bother contacting the developer for problems like this with any game really. They don't really care and/or their troubleshooting advice is either restart the game or something even more ridiculous. I'm pretty sure their attention is 100% focused on online by now so I doubt we will see a fix for this crap.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #54
Golden138

Golden138's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
This here is spot on. I'd actually say DO NOT ride around in a cab because all you'll get is the guy asking if you want to do a pick up. Ride around in your own car and you should get one soon. What I've also noticed is it seems like you get one business call per game week per character. When you get the email detailing your weekly income from your businesses switch to franklin and drive around in one of your own regular cars, NOT a cab. I tried to do it with a cab and NEVER got anything. As soon as I switched vehicles I got it quickly. Good luck!
Spot on. You do not have to be in a cab to get the phone call. I did not receive the call until a day after buying the cab company. Funny thing too, because I was on foot just running around just making mayhem around the city. I too thought I needed a cab to pick this person up, but alas, I just jacked a car and proceeded to the pick up. Picked the customer up just fine in my jacked car, and have done so several times since then.

Proud ENVY Member!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #55
Ten Foot Bunny
The Uranium Queen

TenFootBunny's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I waited nearly 45 real-time hours for this stupid achievement and only one trick worked, which I found on the PST website:

Quote:
Finally got it after I tried a few days. Maybe there have a solution for anyone who got this problem.
I find that property mission are very easy to occur just right after u brought Towing Impound, so i load a save that i didn't bought any properties first. Then i buy the Downtown Cab co and another bar, then buy Towing Impound, the first time I got a property mission about transport something to the bar. After finish it I still don't have a call from Cab co. So i load and do at again. This time i got the phone call right after I bought the Towing Impound.
(From http://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...ove-war-6.html)

Of course, I had to load up an earlier save from before Franklin had any properties and was lucky enough to still have a couple. After buying the cab company, I drove around/waited for about 10 real-time hours before stumbling across the above trick. The very second I bought the towing company, I got the email. The second after I closed the email, I got the phone call from the cab company asking for a private fare. Drove the woman to the hospital, achievement popped, good f'n riddance!!

Ten Foot Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:53 AM   #56
Kangaroo Swagg

Alright so basically there are no real fixes to spawning property missions (or random events after 100% completion in my case). These "tricks" and "fixes" people have posted don't work at all. As for loading a previous save without any properties? That is such a stupid solution. How many people conveniently have saves from before buying properties? I know I don't. I bought that shit like 50 hours ago. You really expect me to have a save from back then?

And as to people saying you should drive your own car, not a taxi. Thanks for that advice. I've been doing that for 160 hours of game time. Probably 100 of those while owning all the properties. Anybody else got any great "tricks" and "fixes"?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #57
Ten Foot Bunny
The Uranium Queen

TenFootBunny's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo Swagg View Post
Alright so basically there are no real fixes to spawning property missions (or random events after 100% completion in my case). These "tricks" and "fixes" people have posted don't work at all. As for loading a previous save without any properties? That is such a stupid solution. How many people conveniently have saves from before buying properties? I know I don't. I bought that shit like 50 hours ago. You really expect me to have a save from back then?

And as to people saying you should drive your own car, not a taxi. Thanks for that advice. I've been doing that for 160 hours of game time. Probably 100 of those while owning all the properties. Anybody else got any great "tricks" and "fixes"?
Sorry, but I never found anything else that worked. If I hadn't been sitting down when that towing company trick actually resulted in a phone call, I would have fallen over from the shock. Until that very moment, I didn't believe anything posted by other players would work.

My saving habits are the only reason I had a file to load. I always keep a file from before anything major happens. In this game I have one save from before every heist, one from before boosting my money in the Lester missions (after the last heist was complete), one from before I started buying the properties, and one after I was done with those purchases.

You're right - relying on this as a "fix" is incredibly stupid, but it's what R* has been doing in this situation. Despite the myriad stories of this bug you can find with a simple Google search, R* says it's a problem with our individual consoles and/or save files, not a bug in the game. They keep responding with "start a new game" as the only solution, without seeming to care that it takes nearly 20 hours of dedicated play to reach the point where you can buy that property.

Ten Foot Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #58
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
People say buy the towing company then you get a call. That didn't work for me. This shirt is annoying I've bought every single property ages ago. Nothing is working rockstar fix this Damn glitch. So much trouble over 10 gs.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #59
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
People say buy the towing company then you get a call. That didn't work for me. This shirt is annoying I've bought every single property ages ago. Nothing is working rockstar fix this Damn glitch. So much trouble over 10 gs.
It saddens me that people are still having trouble with this achievement and R* still haven't fixed it. I've got a friend from Cali that has the same problem. He's contacted R* after just about every patch release wanting a reason as to why they haven't fixed it yet. When he finally got a human response, it was something like "It's coming". R*'s old "It's coming" has become predictable and frustrating for everyone apart from the fanboys.

Edit: Pro Tip - Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix as the problem has been around from day one

Last edited by Dirty130; 02-23-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #60
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah it sucks since I got everything I needed done with Michael and Treavor like kifloam and tp industries I'm gonna stick with Franklin and do stunt jumps collect all 50 letters and spaceship parts. Then after that play as Treavor for the close shave achievement. I hope by then I have this stupid achievement cause I'm at 92% right now and those are the last few things I need for 100%

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 02-23-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote