PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Random Events (Locations and Rewards)

There are a total of 57 Random Events in Grand Theft Auto V. Of those 57, you only need to complete 14 towards the 100% completion statistic.

Please note: With any of the potential Altruist Cult victims, you will need to have completed the "Nervous Ron" story mission for it to become available. You receive $1000 per delivery, but forfeit any other bonuses that may come from taking them to their original destination. You will unlock the Altruist Acolyte achievement for you first delivery.

With the game, you will have gotten a double-sided map. Use the map to find the locations I give here. I will format it like so: Random Event name - Location - Which characters can activate the Event - The reward given (if any)

1) Abandoned Vehicle - Smoke Tree Road, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - No reward

2) Abandoned Vehicle 2 - Ron Alternates Wind Farm - All characters - No reward

3) Arrests 1 - Grapeseed, beside the O'Neil farm - All characters - $250 for helping the criminal, nothing if you help the police officer.

4) Arrests 2 - Senora Freeway, Ron Alternates Wind Farm - All characters - $250 for helping the criminal, nothing if you help the police officer.

5) Bike Thief 1 - Little Bighorn Avenue, Rancho - All characters - +3 Stamina stat (need to confirm if this happens if you keep the bike as well). If you return the bike, you'll also get an email from him sometime later telling you that he's placed $100,000 in AnimalArk stocks on LCN.

6) Bike Thief 2 - Bridge Street, Hawick - All characters - +3 Stamina stat (need to confirm if this happens if you keep the bike as well). No other reward.

7) Border Patrol 1 - Mt. Hann Road, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

8) Border Patrol 2 - Tataviam Mountains - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

9) Border Patrol 3 - Raton Canyon - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

10) Burial - Paleto Bay, Blaine County - All characters - Up to $600 from each dead enemy, and a full special bar upon completion of the mission. The victim will also give you $60,000 sometime later. (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

11) Bus Tour - Alta Street, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - No reward, just a tour.

12) Car Thief 1 - Great Ocean Highway - All characters - +5 Driving skill when you return the car.

13) Car Thief 2 - Exceptionalists Way, Los Santos International Airport - Michael only - +5 Driving skill when you return the car. You also receive a Pale Blue Suit sometime later

14) Chase Thieves City 1 - Hawick Avenue, Hawick - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $200 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $452.

15) Chase Thieves City 2 - San Andreas Avenue, Textile City - All characters - Keep cash: $500. Return cash: $50 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $91.

16) Chase Thieves Country 1 - Grapeseed Main Street, Grapeseed - All characters - Keep cash: $250. Return cash: $25 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $76.

17) Chase Thieves Country 2 - Route 68, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - Keep cash: $120. Return cash: $12 and a full special meter.

18) Crash Rescue - Senora Freeway, Mount Chiliad - All characters - Unlocks heist crew member Taliana Martinez.

19) Construction Accident - Calais Avenue, Little Seoul - All characters - +2 Driving skill upon completion.

20) Countryside Gang Fight - Marina Drive, Alamo Sea - All characters - $1000 for saving the victim.

21) Countryside Robbery - Route 68, Harmony - All characters - Up to $1000 in dropped money, and 2 briefcases with $5000 each if picked up. You get a 2-star Wanted level for picking them up. If you help the crooks, you only get 1 briefcase and a 3-star wanted level.

22) Deal Gone Wrong - Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - All characters - $25,000 in the case. Kill the gang members while fleeing.

23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead).

24) Drug Shootout - Mount Chiliad - All characters - Between $40,000-$100,000 every time you raid. Becomes available for subsequent raids every in-game week or so.

25) Drunk Driver 1 - Agula Street, La Puerta - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

26) Drunk Driver 2 - Armadillo Avenue, Sandy Shores - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

27) Escape Paparazzi - Vinewood Boulevard, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - $750 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

28) Gang Intimidation - El Rancho Boulevard and Fudge Lane, El Burro Heights - Michael or Trevor only - Between $200-$500 in dropped money.

29) Getaway Driver - Corner of Strawberry Avenue and Forum Drive, Strawberry - All characters - If crooks are helped: $1000 and a special character to use in heist missions. If crooks are killed: Between $800-$2000 per enemy in dropped money.

30) Hitch Lift 1 - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters - +5 Driving skill and $100. If you get him to the airport within 02:20, he gives you a tip to invest in Tinkle, which pays out within a week (Tinkle is located on the BAWSAQ market page) (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

31) Hitch Lift 2 - North Calafia Way, Mount Chiliad - All characters - +5 Driving ability, and Ursula as a Booty Call (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

32) Hitch Lift 3 - East Joshua Roads and San Chianski Mountain Range - All characters - +5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

33) Hitch Lift 4 - Great Chaparral - All characters - + 5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

34) Luring Girl Into Alley - Supply Street, La Mesa - All characters - No reward, but you can kill them to get your money back.

35) Mugging 1 - Chamberlain Hills, Strawberry Avenue - All characters - Keep cash: $200. Return cash: $20 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $91.

36) Mugging 2 - Meteor Street, Hawick - All characters - No reward.

37) Mugging 3 - Vespucci Boulevard, Pillbox Hill - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $200 and a full special meter.

38) Prisoner Lift 1 - Grand Senora Desert near Bolingbroke Penitentiary - Michael or Franklin only - +3 Driving skill.

39) Prisoner Lift 2 - Grand Senora Desert near Bolingbroke Penitentiary - Michael or Franklin only - No reward.

40) Rogue Altruists - Baytree Canyon Road, Grand Senora Desert - Michael or Franklin only - $80 upon taking the girl home.

41) Shop Robbery 1 - Eastbourne Way, Rockford Hills - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: No reward.

42) Shop Robbery 2 - Prosperity Street Promenade, Del Perro - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $25% off next purchase. Shoot the 3 cash registers to get $500 from each, and no Wanted level.

43) Simon Yetarian - Adam's Apple Boulevard and Power Street, Strawberry - Michael or Franklin - No reward.

44) Snatched - South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - No reward (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

45) Sports Bike Thief - North Rockford Drive, Richman - All characters - +5 Driving ability. You can also just steal the Pegassi Bati 801 bike instead.

46) Stag Do Running Man - Route 68, Great Chaparral - All characters - Keep Enus Super Diamond car (a required car for the Kifflom! achievement).

47) Altruist Cult Shootout - Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Trevor (after delivering 4 victims to the cult) - $1000 dropped by each enemy, and a hidden package in the camp.

48) ATM Robberies - At different ATMs around Los Santos - All characters - Keep cash: $500. Return cash: $50. If you kill the victim, you'll also get an additional $450.

49-57) Security Van Heists - 9 different locations around Los Santos and Blaine County - All characters - Between $3000-$8000.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 09-22-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I've done the same security van heist like 4 times. I've stolen the van then taken the money, I've killed the guard before he can put the money in, I've shot at the back and made them get out... nothing I do completes this the "right" way as I see it constantly next to some gas station whenever I drive by.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
I've done the same security van heist like 4 times. I've stolen the van then taken the money, I've killed the guard before he can put the money in, I've shot at the back and made them get out... nothing I do completes this the "right" way as I see it constantly next to some gas station whenever I drive by.
I think the Security Vans are like the ATM Robberies; they just keep respawning. I've done the same one a few times and just keep getting money for them. I think all of the Random Events can happen multiple times, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
29) Getaway Driver - Corner of Strawberry Avenue and Forum Drive, Strawberry - All characters - If crooks are helped: $1000 and a special character to use in heist missions. If crooks are killed: Between $800-$2000 per enemy in dropped money.
I wish I hadn't ran them over as I arrived, but that was how I'd been dealing with all the random encounters, I would plow head first into who ever seems like the aggressor...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Thanks for this. Hopefully I can still find one on the list to take to the cult for the achievement.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
I want to know if there are any more people who give you tips on stock advice. I had one random that needed a ride to the airport give me a stock tip and I made a ton of money off of it. Any idea if there is another one of those guys?

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
thank fuck for only 14 needed for 100%

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
thank fuck for only 14 needed for 100%
I'm still going to try and finish every single one.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Is there a map of these anywhere? The descriptions should work just fine, but a map would be much easier.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Now that you've located every single one of them, I think I will too. Can't be missing anything this crazy Los Santos and its mental inhabitants have to offer!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Same here. Let me just straighten my belt and puff out my chest because I plan on doing everything possible in the game. Gold for every mission, gold for every character on every hobby/pastime, completing every stunt jump, basically do everything which the 100% achievement should've had in it.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Is there a map of these anywhere? The descriptions should work just fine, but a map would be much easier.
You should have a map with your game. I don't have a decent camera or anything to post some proper pictures.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I meant a map with the locations on it. But nevermind, I found one. A nice interactive map courtesy of R* themself.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...reer/checklist

This map shows the locations of not only the random encounters, but the strangers & freaks, letter scraps, and spaceship parts as well. You can check/uncheck which items you want to see, and you can toggle click "Found" and "Not Found" to show ones that you have already done and are missing.

I imagine the map probably shows the toxic waste as well, but I haven't started that side mission yet so I don't know for sure.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #14
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I meant a map with the locations on it. But nevermind, I found one. A nice interactive map courtesy of R* themself.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...reer/checklist

This map shows the locations of not only the random encounters, but the strangers & freaks, letter scraps, and spaceship parts as well. You can check/uncheck which items you want to see, and you can toggle click "Found" and "Not Found" to show ones that you have already done and are missing.

I imagine the map probably shows the toxic waste as well, but I haven't started that side mission yet so I don't know for sure.
That's useful, though it makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
nexoric

WetCamelFoot's Gamercard
Urgh

Quote:
If you do go for all of them. Tell me if you ever finished these random events
Simeon Yetarian

or

Security Van 10
nexoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
ive done 14 now. but i still do them as i come across them. sometimes you get big (kind of big) payouts

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead).
I'm so glad I delivered that douchebag to the cult! $80?! :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
I'm so glad I delivered that douchebag to the cult! $80?! :P
He's a complete tool all the way through the ride to the club, as well. I was Michael at the time, so I didn't get the joy of giving him away.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Thanks, even though you only need 14 out of 57, not even 50%!
I aim to do them all, get everything out of it.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
Crimson Ridley

I'm really surprised at the tiny reception this thread has received. People were asking for something like this, I typed it all up letting you all know and only 2 people have thanked me for it. I wasted my time considering it ends up on the 3rd page within a couple of hours.

I guess when people request something, they don't really care.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #21
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
It ends up buried because of all the minor/pointless threads. There almost needs to be one just for questions not worthy of a full-fledged thread and people who need help with certain things (which a ton of these threads that show up would fall under). Not that people would be using it, but it would be nice. There are a few things I haven't asked, simply because they're not worthy of their own thread (call me crazy for abiding by rules of forum etiquette ).
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm really surprised at the tiny reception this thread has received. People were asking for something like this, I typed it all up letting you all know and only 2 people have thanked me for it. I wasted my time considering it ends up on the 3rd page within a couple of hours.

When I myself was talking about it, my queries were answered when someone posted a link to another website which had the answers much sooner. I bookmarked it for future reference, and haven't used it since then actually (for reasons I CBA to mention).

But thank you, if you really want one.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:

I have it saved as subscribed thread for future reference, as no doubt a few will be hard to find randomly once finished.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
wow ! thanks this helped alot

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
Does anyone know how to do the simeon yetarian one? I started a new game and the guide says any time after you crash through his shop window and before you meet trevor but the shop is closed right after you crash through the window?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
This is pretty cool, but I rather enjoy running into those RANDOM events at random as I am on the way to mission. Looking for the specifically would just be stupid IMO. I might come back here and see what I missed once I have had enough of this game, which won't be for a while LOL
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #27
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Has anyone found the Vinewood Zombie? My buddy said he found some guy dressed as one and didnt know what to do.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Has anyone found the Vinewood Zombie? My buddy said he found some guy dressed as one and didnt know what to do.
I found him, had a conversation with him, but nothing ticked off Social Club 100% checklist for it.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
I found him, had a conversation with him, but nothing ticked off Social Club 100% checklist for it.
I just recently read about it. It's more of a random conversation than an event. There's a Jesus "Jesse" character too around Michaels area.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #30
Steve007101

Send a message via AIM to Steve007101 Send a message via MSN to Steve007101 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve007101 Send a message via Skype™ to Steve007101

DF Legend's Gamercard
Some of your descriptions are incorrect or missing vital information.

Simon Yetarian can only be done between the Complicated and Mr. Philips story missions.

Altruist Cult Shootout doesn't appear to be listed in the Social Club stats as a Random Event but there is one called Rogue Altruists not on your list and it's located at the next turn east of Offroad Truck Race 1/2, as seen in this video (#23 in the video) and this video has all the random event locations aside from security vans and the atm one:
[Edit] It triggered for me, I've only delivered 3 people to the cultists.

And the Drug Shootout can only be triggered by Trevor.

Also you might as well list the exact stores for Shop Robberies 1 and 2 (Suburban 1/4 and Ponsonbys 1/3) and that you have to walk into them, they're in the video.

It seems that Hitch Lift 1 can not be triggered by Franklin, although I'm not sure.

The only ones I haven't found are the remaining armored vans so if anyone knows the locations I'd be glad to know.

Last edited by Steve007101; 10-01-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Steve007101 is offline   Reply With Quote